Permutation

Permutation

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

just a few random thoughts

"

 

 

In my solitude,

Will you weave between

Fissures of grey matter

Like a caterpillar

 

In her chrysalis,

And transform moments

Washed away from stinging silvery

Rain that never cleansed...

 

Memories of you...

 

Metamorphosis is gradual...

'Be patient, Darling!'

For my love travels as the speed

Of light although I might appear...

 

Dissimilar...

 

Will you recognize me in an

Altered form?

Ever wonder who's inside?

Sacred truths scroll passion...

 

Edge within the soul...

 

What if our destiny isn't predetermined,

But written ourselves everyday...

 

Every moment...

 

The question becomes...

What will be written next, for we come
Not with catechismal

Instruction...

 

We are but totems of the heart's

Truth

 

Follow me through the dark
Tunnel of initiation

Our private place

To be reborn into a new life...

 

Without ever gazing back.

 

© 2009 TamiViolet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Stunningly beautiful and gracefully dreamy, the melting into one effect is highly eloquent,
this is magical and brilliant surrender as your whsipers flow across the readers heart like a warm breeze,
I love the depth and the transporting feeling, ethereal and consuming, magnificent metaphor.. Wow

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First I would like to point out that you always have the most beautiful pictures that fit the words in your poems.

Second, yet again your words are sensual and allow the reader to flow with you until the last stroke of the pen. Great piece.


Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah! This one is really very different and I really loved the gentleness and poise which you have depicted here in your words..
Your thoughts are flowing here so effortlessly and in such a beautiful way!
Also, I loved the metaphor about this piece about the way we often reborn and undergo metamorphosis...
Such a brilliant and mature piece of writing it is...
I simply loved this one Apollonia :)
Great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


It seems the classic trope of caterpillar to butterfly metamorphosis arises frequently.

What's different about your take on transformation is the attention to the need to CREATE it, to follow the streams emanating from one's own fire of will and intent -- love with muscle, in other words. I get rather tired of reading about Love's alleged butterfly delicacy and vulnerability to entrapment, some sentimentalization of victimization.

Thankfully, your poem stays closer to the power of Attention, active awareness of intentional embrace of processes of metamorphoses inherent in Life, but needing Conscious attunement to come to fruition.

Your sensibility re Love-Desire is synonymous with courage and free spirit, making for a grand adventure, instead of some sticky entrapment. Gorgeous image too.

Strong intelligent work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Quite amazing. Fantastic.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

When I called this up I cld just see the first four lines, to which my instant reaction was 'Yes!' Again, being in a very literal mood this morning, my reacion to 'Ever wondered who's inside?' was -- sadly -- 'no.' But the best part of the poem for me was 'What if our destiny isn't predetermined...is written by us every day?' Could speculate about that all day. And probably will! So this poem was a series of little triggers in the read, at least for me. And any poem that makes another think is definitely doing a great job. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Simply stunning and so beuatiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful change that is and that will be. Keep on writing. Love the pic as well. Oh, to be a butterfly, but alas I am but a poor ol' pig. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love this, especially because i have this strong attraction to butterflies and the concept of recreating one's self.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

First of all, I like seeing a read request from you. been a minute. second of all, you come with another wonderful piece, once again. i felt as if i was going through a metamorphsis myself while reading this. lol. it flowed, i had to read it twice to get an even better feel, since your poems have depth and meaning, and are intelligent. I liked it even better the 2nd time i read it, and probably more the 3rd. great job 10/10.......

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2002 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 6, 2009
Last Updated on March 6, 2009

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet