Hoax

Hoax

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

Just pretending folks.

"

 

 

It is said thy written word is thy bond,

But my love, our time has ended abruptly.

You see, I might love you more than the

Air for which I desperately gasp on this day.

 

But tomorrow is fickle with uncertainty,

And although I alter my presence,

I am unable to alter the soul's longing;

It only knows for which it grieves...

 

On this day.

 

Unconditional love you failed to give

Although promised yet I forgive;

Time is indeed a trickster;

It carves thy blood deep in mere words.

 

Only words?

Just a poem?

You wanted me to feel good?

Then what, love?

 

Wedge the dagger carefully....

Stealthily...

Cunningly...

Until you breathe my death...?

 

Oh, but love!

 

The joke is on you.

 

 

 

 

© 2009 TamiViolet


Author's Note

TamiViolet
Take it for what it is, my friends. My moods have been shifting rapidly lately, thanks for putting up with me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

mmmmmm..... steal my heart and then attempt to feed it to me, only to find yourself eating your own heart out? Once again, you have me digging for the deeper meaning. Although, I often tend to pull my own far fetched notions and not necessarily your intended. I wish I could have a few minutes in your mind, A.... I find it quite fascinating.

I read a lover's deceit .... followed by the law of our existence, being karma of course. But then, that was the simple interpretation. There is much more to it. The question is, what... ?

There is significance to "On this day"... well, there is significance to the entire poem, but something stands out for me there. Is that where the deceit lay? .... within this day. A facade of realities... mirage of truths. Pretenses. Time reveals, doesn't it? I mean, we cannot fool our own heart for it knows the truth and if we lie to ourselves, time will force it out into the open in one form or another. And what appears absolute in this moment may eventually reveal itself to be merely dust in the wind. Hmm... I'm just not confident with that interpretation, however. Perhaps the a*****e is throwing me off. lol Er, I mean the jackass in the hole. haha. Nice touch. ;)

Seriously, something else about this piece is pulling me toward another meaning. I'll be pondering for awhile.

As is always the case, I love your work my dear friend.

Brilliant.



Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

From where our deepest poetry resides, a broken heart or a love high. Once true then scorned. Hope come forlorn. It turns around. And around again. Worth it, I think, in the end. I feel it. I encourage it. Well written, beautiful you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

damn!!!! loved the end completely....the joke is on you!!!!! can hit anyone harder than an iron rod, right on the head!!! amazing words.....liked the read.....thorough...

:) Smiles,
Poetic Soul

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

AWWW THAT POOR A*S! I mean umm lol good poem, its quirky, I liked it

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Great twist at the end. The blade of loss follows upon the heals of love, but one can thwart that pain in the end. Well structured with your great style. It was a joy to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

DAMN that really does hit the heart like a dagger... but I love the end and how you turn it around... a pleasant and delightful surprise.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Oh my, this my dear, caught me off guard. I'm not sure what to say, and I do hope you shift back my way...
but the sprinkles are coming down to wash away your blues....awe, I must write another just for you...

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1023 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2009

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet