Home Work Trouble

Home Work Trouble

A Story by Whitney Shaw
"

Here is another kid’s story I wrote. I was asked to write again. This one is about a girl whose room was always dirty and trash on the floor. But what she didn’t know was there was a trash monster.

"
Once upon a time there was a girl named Sally. She was in the 5th grade. One day she had a little bit of home work, while she was doing her homework she heard a thump!  While she was in her room, she was so scared that she ran to the light switch and turned it on. But there was nobody there. The next morning Sally woke up at 6:00am, because of school. When she got on the bus she looked in her bag to see if she put her homework in there, and guess what? It was not in her bag. 
She went to class and told her teacher. 
“I think someone took my homework,” said Sally. 
“Are you sure you didn’t leave it at home,” said the teacher. 
“I looked in my bag and it was not there,” said Sally. 
“Well Sally, you’re just going to have to redo it again,” said the teacher.  
“I know I did it, I just can’t seem to find it,” said Sally still searching in her bag. 
“I am sorry, you’re just going to have to redo it,” said the teacher. 
“Okay,” said Sally walking to her desk. 
As they were doing more work, the bell rang and it was time to go home. While she went home she was redoing her home work again, when she heard another thump under her bed. So she looked under her bed, it was scary looking; it was green and hairy all over and smelly to. It was a monster. So Sally screamed. When the monster came out from under her bed he said. 
“Hello, my name is Charlie.”
“What are you doing under my bed?” asked Sally. 
“Nothing,” said Charlie. 
Then all of a sudden Sally saw a white paper in his mouth. 
“Hey, so you’re the one who took my homework,” said Sally. 
“Yes, I eat trash, or any kind of garbage, please don’t me mad at Charlie,” said Charlie. 
“I am not mad, I guess I do need to clean my room a little and under my bed,” said Sally.
“Yes, if you clean your room, then I don’t have to eat any of your stuff, especially under her bed,” said Charlie.  
Sally cleaned he room and went to sleep. Next morning she went off to school and turned her home work in again and went outside to play with her friends. She went and she told her best friend about the monster that was under her bed and how he had eaten her homework. 
“Maybe this weakened you can come and spend the night and meet him, his name is Charlie,” said Sally. 
So when Friday came, Sally’s friend came over and Sally’s room was cleaned but the monster was still under her bed, Sally said, 
“You can come out, it’s just me, I brought a friend to meet you, now promise you won’t scream or say anything to anyone about this?” asked Sally. 
“I promise who will believe me anyway,” said Sandy. 
When Sandy saw the monsters head and then the rest of him she tried not to scream. 
“So this is the monster that you were talking about, and how it ate your homework,” said Sandy. 
“Yes it is, his name is Greg,” said Sally. 
“Cool, so what do you want to do?” asked Sandy. 
“Well we can go shopping, but Greg has to stay here,” said Sally. 
Then Sally got to thinking, “What if Greg does get out?”
But they still went to the mall; they had a great time there. When they got back to the house it was cleaned so they both ran upstairs went in the room and the monster was gone. When Saturday came Sally woke up and checked under her bed to see if the monster was still there, but he wasn’t. 
“Maybe he has gone to another kid’s house,” said Sandy.
“But we were having fun; I mean what if he disappeared into a land called Monsters, you never know,” said Sally. 
Then Sunday came along and time for Sally’s friend to go home. Sally was very sad about Greg leaving without a note or anything. Years later they moved to another house in town. They moved in and Sally checked under her bed to see if there was another monster under there. But there wasn’t. So she went to school and saw her friend Sandy again. 
“I couldn’t find Greg anywhere,” said Sally. 
“I think you imagined him, you have to move on, and beside you are getting older,” said Sandy. 
Sally had forgotten all about Greg and went on. When she got older she told her daughter that when she was a little girl she imagined a slimy green monster named Greg. When she kissed her goodnight she closed the door. When Sally’s daughter was a sleep she heard something under her bed and she didn’t know what it was. She was so scared that she stayed on her bed, because she thought it was going to drag her under the bed. When Morning came she checked under her bed and nothing was under there. 

© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016
Tags: children's, monsters, school, dreams

Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw