Chapter 5 Listen to anit-Christian music/"WHY DON'T YOU"

Chapter 5 Listen to anit-Christian music/"WHY DON'T YOU"

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

Romans 12:2 
2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. 

Paul warned Christians: "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world" that are usually selfish and often corrupting. Wise Christians decide that much worldly behavior is off limits for them. Our refusal to conform to this world's values, however, must go even deeper than just behavior and customs; it must be firmly planted in our mind: "Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think." It is possible to avoid most worldly customs and still be proud, covetous, selfish, stubborn, and arrogant. Only when then Holy Spirit renews, reeducates, and redirects our mind are we truly transformed.

1Corinthians 15:33 
33 Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for "bad company corrupts good character." 

Keeping company with those who deny they resurrection can corrupt good Christian character. Don't let your relationships with unbelievers least you away from Christ or cause your faith to waver.

1Peter 3:11
11 Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it. 

Too often we see peace as merely the absence of conflict, and we think of peacemaking as a passive role. But an effective peacemaker actively pursues peace by building good relationships, knowing that peace is by product of commitment. 

The peacemaker anticipates problems and deals with them before they occur. When conflicts arise, they are brought into the open and dealt with before they grow unmanageable. Making peace is hard work you have to search for it and work to maintain it but it results in God's blessing.

And I am sorry, Rock the Dessert is not christian like,and K-Love and Air1 is not really a Christian station, and any one can call themselves and Christian and not act on it. practice what you preach. And Rock Christian is not really Christian either.  
                                     


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 5, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw