Chapter 7 use tobacco, alcohol, or drugs/"WHY DON'T YOU"

Chapter 7 use tobacco, alcohol, or drugs/"WHY DON'T YOU"

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

Proverbs 20:1 
1. wine produces mockers; alcohol leads to brawls. Those led astray by drink cannot be wise.
A person Who is truly confident and his or her strength does not need to parade it. A truly brave person does not look for chances to prove it. A resourceful person can find a way out of the fight and avoid retaliating. Foolish people find it impossible to avoid strife. Men and women of character can. What  kind of person are you?
Isaiah 5:11
11. What sorrow for those who get up early in the morning looking for a drink of alcohol and spend long evenings drinking wine to make themselves flaming drunk.
These people spent many hours drinking and partying, but Isaiah predicted that eventually many would die of hunger and thirst. Ironically, our pleasure-if they do not have God's blessing-may destroy us. Leaving God out of our lives allows sin to come in. Pursuing our own pleasure while ignoring or exploiting the needs of others leaves us empty and under God's anger. God wants us to enjoy life (1Timothy 6:17) but to avoid those activities that could lead us away from him.
Habakkuk 2:15
15. "What sorrow awaits you who make your neighbor's drunk! You force your cup on them so you can gloat over their shameful nakedness.
Babylon's riches had come from the misfortunes of others, but these riches would only be fuel for the fire. The victims and their cities would cry out against Babylon. Money is not evil, but God condemns the love of riches and the evil means of acquiring them (1Timothy 6:10) Be careful not to hunger for wealth so much that you lose your appetite for God. Do not allow money to take the place of family, friends, or God.
1Corinthians 10:31
31. So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Our actions must be motivated by God's love so that all we do will be for his glory. Keep this as a guiding principle by asking, "Is this action glorifying God?" Or "How can I honor God through this actions?"
Colossians 2:21-22
21. "Don't handle! Don't taste! Don't touch!" 22. Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them.
We can guard against man-made religions by asking these questions about any religious group: (1) Does it stress man made rules and taboos rather than God's grace? (2) Does it foster a critical spirit towards others, or does it exercise discipline discreetly and lovingly? (3) Does it stress formulas, secret knowledge, or special visions more than the Word of God? (4) Does it elevate self-righteousness, honoring those who keep the rules, rather than elevating Christ? (5) Does it neglect Christ's universal Church, claiming to be in an elite group? (6) Does it teach humiliation of the body as a means to spiritual growth rather than focus on the growth of the whole person? (7) Does it disregard the family rather than hold it in high regard as the Bible does?
In verse 23 of Colossians says, 
23. These rules may seem wise because they require a strong emotion, self-denial, and have severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help and conquering the purses evil desires.
Titus 2:11-12
11. For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. 12. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and simple pleasures.
We should live in this evil world with wisdom, like useless, and devoted to God.
Paul brings out two aspects of Christian living that must be stressed today. "We should live in this evil world... While we look forward with hope." Both aspects of living and looking forward are essential to our Christian sanity in this present evil age. The living is made bearable because we live for God- seeking to build his kingdom with whatever gifts he has given us. And it is that very Kingdom to which we are looking forward. As we live and look forward, we anticipate three great benefits of Christ's return: (1) Christ's personal presents-we look forward to being with him. (2) Redemption from our sinful nature-we long for the end of the battle with sin and our perfection in Christ. (3) Restoration of creation-we anticipate the complete rule of grace when the image of God will be fully realized in people and when they created order will be restored.
                             


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 5, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw