Chapter 12 participate in worldly amusements/"WHY DON'T YOU"

Chapter 12 participate in worldly amusements/"WHY DON'T YOU"

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw

Psalm 1:1,2
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. 2 But they delight in the law of The Lord, meditating on it day and night. 

Our friends and associates and families can have a profound influence on us, often in very subtle ways. If we insist on friendships with those who mock what God considers important, we might sin by becoming indifferent to Gods will. This attitude is the same as mocking. Do your friends build up your faith, or do they tear it down? True friends should help you to draw closer to God, not hinder your relationship with Him.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17,18
14 don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? 15 what harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? 16 and what union can there be between God's temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: "I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 17 therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says The Lord. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. 18 and I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says The Lord Almighty." 

1 Thessalonians 5:22
22 stay away from every kind of evil.

Christians cannot avoid every kind of evil because we live in a sinful world. We can, however, make sure that we don't give evil a foothold by avoiding tempting situations and concentrating on obeying God.

Titus 2:12
12 and we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God.

James 4:4 
4 you adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: if you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.

1John 2:15-18
15 do not love this world not the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 16 for the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 17 and this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever. 18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 
                                 


© 2016 Whitney Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 5, 2016


Author

Whitney Shaw
Whitney Shaw

Midland, TX



About
I am Apache Native Indian, I am an Apostolic girl, I also have Cerebral Pasly it's a learning disability, has to do with motor skills in the brain. But I am blessed that I can walk, talk, read, but .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Whitney Shaw