Throne.

Throne.

A Story by Apothecary
"

Another short story featuring Maru, most likely a lot of these to come. This is for my friend Charlotte who helped come up with the idea of Zarrah and Maru, as well as Kala who came up with Karrah.

"

The figure sat upon the obsidian throne, red armor clung to his body as stared into a skull that was clasped in his left hand. Its empty eye-sockets staring into the armored figures eyes, however, the skulls eyes were greeted with the void of the shadow that loomed over the figures eyes. One would be right to question if anything even existed inside this suit of armor at all. Perhaps it was a just a well placed empty suit? Or, perhaps the wearer's patience knew no bounds. Capable of remaining solitary for hours on end, and perhaps days if given a good enough reason.

 

Of course the latter was true, as a second figure entered the room. The one in the chair turned his gaze slowly towards the new comer. Removing his helmet from his head, whilst crushing the skull that was situated in his hand. The bone splinters cracking and dropping to the floor, The figure's face was rather scarred. His left ear missing and a stump where it used to be, thin black hair matted to his face from blood, rain and sweat. An ugly and scar runs along the left side of his lip with another running along the left of his cheek. His right eye is glazed over ever so slightly, a scar running over it and slicing into his eyebrow.

 

Maru slowly rose from the throne, his No-Dachi slowly sliding from its scabbard as he drew it out with his left hand. Dropping his helmet from the right and clasping his signature weapon with both hands. He adopted a fighting stance and drew his left foot inwards. Adopting a close fighting stance, he smirked at the new-comer. "This is a nice throne you have here, I think I will take it. Afterall, you are just another pain in my arse." Maru's eyes blazed with madness and such insanity even Cyric himself would think twice before trying to predict Maru's intentions. The Red Knight could not predict him even if she tried.

 

Compared to the one that had just entered the throne room, Maru was tiny. Standing at around 6 foot 8 Maru would have normally dominated everyone when it came to size. However, the thing before him stood around 8 foot tall in height. Its skin was dark red, and a set of demonic horns protruded from its dark armor. Its eyes, unlike Maru's.. Blazed only with hate and fire, set upon seeing everything around it burn. The devil was unsure how to react to the intruder, first and foremost.. no one ever breaks into a demon's palace, secondly, who has the audacity to sit in his throne! Rage bubbled and boiled inside of the creature as it locked its furious eyes upon Maru. This creature lives to hate, and Maru has given it a reason to hate him.

 

Maru never faltered under the creature's deathly stare. Even as it Summoned a sword that was twice his size in length and must have been much more heavier than him! His smirk only broadened as he stared into the burning eyes of the devil. He chuckled, and seemed that at any moment Maru would burst into uncontrolled fits of laughter. However, he recovered and took a single step forward. Trying to goad the devil into attacking him.

 

"I eat those who dare intrude! I shall devour your body and soul for this!" It shrieked in anger, his voice strained as the creature continued to try and withhold its rage and desire to tear Maru's throat free from his neck.

© 2014 Apothecary


Author's Note

Apothecary
Again, this was a rushed one hour piece. Please ignore all spelling and grammar issues! And please comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 19, 2014
Tags: DnD, Fantasty, Samurai, Demon

Author

Apothecary
Apothecary

Wimborne, Dorset, United Kingdom



About
Quiet and reserved, I don't really like showing myself on the internet or letting people look into my life. However, I feel that I should publish my stories here so that I can listen to the opinions o.. more..

Writing
The Idol. The Idol.

A Story by Apothecary