Goblins in the morning

Goblins in the morning

A Chapter by Apple Newhouse

   The next morning Warren and Cassidy met with Takota in her room. Takota sat at the edge of the bed while Cassidy brushed her hair.

 Warren said to Takota "Last night was interesting,witches in our family!Warlocks! Its a little to strange,I thought the witches were here in the 1600's not 1740's."

 "Warren,that was the trials and all those people were innocent not witches. I learned about it last year in school. Besides we saw Uncle Edwick open the window,how do you explain that?" Takota said to Warren.

Warren started to say "im not doubting it,im just..."

 

 BAM!!

 

  The children hear pots and pans beings thrown around in the kitchen,they ran down stairs and into the kitchen to see Edwick waving around his wand trying to chase out these small creatures that were throwing around things.getting into things and making messes.

 While zapping each one of them Edwick turned around and shouted over the noise "Good morning children! Did you sleep well?"

  Rght when Takota was going to answer for them a spoon full of flour was thrown and hit Warrens glasses. Warren blew at the flour on his face and removed his glasses to clean them. Cassidy grabed a towel on the counter to wipe the flour off of her brothers face. Takota grabed a broom that was against the wall and began swinging it at the creatures while Edwick was zapping them. Finally Edwick zapped the last one as Takota swung and hit one out the window.

  "Phew! Gobblins! Such mischevious little creatures! Are you all ok?"

 Takota lowered down the broom and said "I dont know"

 Cassidy finished cleaning her brothers face and asked "What made them do all that?"

 Edwick replied "There are different types of Goblins,some that are friendly,helpful and then there are some that like nothing but to cause trouble."

 "And im guessing we have a pest problem that exterminators cant deal with?" Warren questioned.

 Laughing Edwick said "oh no,Flax seed is all that is needed to keep those fella's out."

 "Flax seed?" Cassidy asked

 "Oh yes my dear,Flax seed is what keeps them away. All I have to do is go out to the garden and get some to sprinkle around the house and the kitchen of course. They love making messes in the kitchen." Edwick explained.

    Walking out of the kitchen door that lead out into the garden Edwick said to the kids "Ill be out in garden,if im not there ill be in the garden shed. Theres some blueberry oatmeal in the pot,I made it fresh and from scratch this morning. It was Uncle Nodin's recipe. Great cook,bad with potions.." and he shut the door.

  Grabbing a stack of three bowls from the cupbord over the stove Takota said "well yesterday wasnt exciting as this." Warren agreed "yeah,we were sharing a bag of chips while mom was locked in the bathroom."

 Cassidy got out three spoons from the drawer next to the stove and handed them to Warren and Takota while they filled up their bowls. While taking a seat at the table the children disscused their plans for the day. Warren had wanted to go check out the town library. Takota wanted to wander the town while Cassidy wanted to go play at the park or stay home and play with her dolls.

  The kids finished their breakfast and went upstairs to change from their long over sized night t-shirts that they got from their mom's ex boyfriend who left them after leavng and sweats. After they all cramed in the bathroom to brush their teeth. They all agreed on meeting their uncle out in the garden to see if it was alright if they went out.

   While heading out the back door Takota looked around, "I dont see him anywhere."

 Warren looked at Takota and said "No,he said if we dont see him,he will be in the shed." while pointing towards a large brown shed off to the side. There was a stone path that they walked along and sure enough there was Uncle Edwick in the shed tying up the last of four brown bags. The shed was large inside there were herbs and plants hanging up side down,dried herbs and flowers in jars,bags and even left in a morter being ground into a powder.

 "Hello kids,I was wondering when you all would be out here." Edwick said to them

 "What is all this? Takota asked looking up and around the shed.

 Edwick pointed at the herbs and flowers that were hanging up side down "Well those are drying so.." he pointed over to the jars and morter "they can be either ground up or jared so they can be used in potions,spells,charms and so much more,not these.." he looked down at the four bags he tied up "Are the flax seed that I will need to spread along the kitchen and outside of the house."

Cassidy pointed up at some flowers hanging and asked "Uncle Edwick what are those called?" the problem was there were so many that Edwick had no idea what ones she was talking about.

"Which ones sweetie?" he asked Cassidy

 "those with the white petals" Cassidy answered

Edwick still had trouble trying to figure out what specific flowers there were three white petaled ones hanging so he picked Cassidy up and had her show him. 

"These!" Cassidy said excitedly 

"Oh! Those are Chamomeal! Very good for Clairivoant spells and and for sleeping...yes I heard you up playing" Edwick said in a playful way messing up Cassidy's hair,as Cassidy giggled.

 Takota and Warren grabbed a large bag of flax seed to take out to the kitchen and Edwick grabbed the other two as Cassidy followed.

  "Uncle Edwick?" Warren said

 "Yes buddy?" Edwick answered

 "Is there a library near?" Warren asked

 "A library? here in town?" Edwick said chuckling,and then said "lets put this flax on the table and then follow me."

  They got to the kitchen door,Cassidy opened the door for everyone since they all had their hands and arms full. They walkd in setting the bags on the table when...

 

BAM! BANG!

 

The kids looked towards the basement door with their eyes wide open

 "Dont tell me more of those ugly gobblin things again" Takota said irritably.

 Stepping through Edwick said calmly "Oh no,thats probably Darby..Ill be right back."

 "Whos Darby?" whispered Warren to Takota

 Takota shruged and replied "I dont know"

 

 

 



© 2011 Apple Newhouse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

302 Views
Added on April 3, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011


Author

Apple Newhouse
Apple Newhouse

My Dreams, CA



About
~about me~ I have changed so much,I am like seasons always changing,like the tides always changing. I am like a butterfly free and interesting to watch. .. more..

Writing