The Unfathomable

The Unfathomable

A Poem by Jordan Harpter
"

Heaven invades earth

"
Humanity has remembered a handful of times where the unfathomable becomes fathomable. Scratch that a book records them. To name a few:
When God spoke and nothing became everything. Something out of nothing. Unfathomable, yet it became a fathomable reality.
A call for rain in a rainless world; humanity saved by a lunatic and a boat, unfathomable.
A man asked and fire fell from the sky and licked up water,  unfathomable.
Lions mouths shut, waters split, chariots from the sky, and boys slaying giants; all unfathomable...until they happened.
These things occur when Heaven smacks and falls on earth. The one that humanity can hang its hat on was the time Heaven decided to stay awhile, so Heaven took a body and a name. Heaven functioned as himself and the world couldn't handle it, so they nailed Heaven to a tree. The enemy thought Heaven was finished, but they just gave the entire world a first class ticket there. Despite that, humanities stupidity knows no end and most shredded their tickets The fact that Heaven decided to take its home in a corpse, Unfathomable.
People believe that history is written and the world only functions in a fathomable way now. I testify against the lie. Heaven's golden hands often reach into the world shaking the planet about, making quite a raucous. Pulling preconceptions and ideologies out by the roots, often ripping little humans off their feet and throwing them into Heaven; some never come back. These few get caught up in the near erotic ecstasy of pleasures and joys that come from the very center of Heaven's heart.
Excuse my ramblings, but you must understand.
Take the sky tonight for example all the colors of Heaven; royal lavender, crimson red, golden yellow, and deep sea blue. The authority and royalty Heaven brings through God's bloodstained glasses He puts on when He sees you wearing a thorny gold crown. 
Just look up and see Heaven, and later when the stars come to play...just gaze into the abyss of Heaven. The unfathomable happens as often as you allow. Declarations, destroying darkness, raising the dead, healing lame limbs, unfathomable. Simple joy, love, peace, and hope in today's shanty town world filled with death, hopelessness, and depravity. This utter joy, utter love is unfathomable. Lock your lips with Heaven, if you aren't licking your lips in hunger, you've missed it. 

© 2012 Jordan Harpter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on August 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012