Bubble Gum

Bubble Gum

A Poem by ajelly
"

my fun, lighthearted attempt to describe the pastime of chewing bubble gum, as if the gum was marketing itself or flirting with us to enjoy its pleasures...Fun and original material -- inspired!

"

Squeeze me.

Hold me.

Long after my flavor losses its newness, chew me tight.

Chase me.

Find me.

Snap me as my iridescent bubbles blow up, reflecting light

Pop me

Chew me

Blow a big one and smack me against the curved roof of your mouth.

Pull me.

Mold me.

Bite down hard and  with the tip of your tongue, turn me south

Play me.

Enjoy me.

The sensuous pleasure of bubble gum -

 juicy, goodness, yum!

© 2016 ajelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Damn, I think I'm buying the wrong brand :)
Super awesome fun-time write :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


ajelly

7 Years Ago

haha, maybe>! Thank you for your comment!
Brilliant and delightfully unique metaphor which makes this super dope! vibrant and bold voice. Refreshing poetry. Rach x

Posted 7 Years Ago


ajelly

7 Years Ago

Wow, thanks, Rach!!!
I love the passion in this poem and it's so enticing and unique.

Posted 7 Years Ago


ajelly

7 Years Ago

Good, good! Thanks for sharing your response!
Christine Ann Wedo

7 Years Ago

you are very welcome
Many writers use many metaphors to show us the sensations of love and/or passion, but this might be the ONLY time I've ever seen this done with bubble gum! I love it when a writer shows such originality of thought . . . excellent idea & the message is well crafted. Playful & sensuous!

Posted 7 Years Ago


FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I chuckled a little at the title because it is such a relief to come across something lighthearted compared to the intense work I was reading. It is vital to stay in touch with your inner child no matter how old you are otherwise you become so miserable.

CONTENT&FORMAT

I will be the elephant in the room and agree with Coyote that it is an erotic poem about bubble gum. HAHA I adore it because I can relate to it. However, I am more of a lollipop fan because it never dries out. Do you not ever get tired when bubble gum dies on you? And then it is just tastes awful. But I digress. The format is playful with short phrases such as "play me." You use alliteration wonderfully to express a flirtatious scene. I get an image of a teenager who is experiencing puppy love by sharing her gum by making out. It was not really my forte in highschool but I can see it clearly.

I am sure there is a story behind this poem. It makes me smile. :D

CLOSING THOUGHTS

Thank you for sharing! I needed to reminiscence. It was a fun read. I'll be sure to keep an eye on your poetry as well when I am in need to take off my serious exterior.

sincerely,
ria

Posted 7 Years Ago


Oh, I love this! So creative! Great job! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Amazing use of words. You made bubble gun erotic.
"Play me.
Enjoy me.
The sensuous pleasure of bubble gum -
juicy, goodness, yum! "
I liked the complete poem. Especially the above lines. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 5, 2016
Last Updated on October 6, 2016
Tags: bubble gum, fun, inner child, love

Author

ajelly
ajelly

About
A light-hearted soul - that revels in simplicity of innocent observations - not afraid of exploring the edges of the unknown places ... Looking forward to having place to share my thoughts, never .. more..

Writing
Sand Hill Sand Hill

A Poem by ajelly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..