The most suitable song for driving in a highway

The most suitable song for driving in a highway

A Story by Arash Y
"

Again, it's so short to have a description

"

The most suitable song for driving in a highway

By: Arash Y

 

- The boy is happy, singing, driving in the highway…carelessly…

- Did you know how beautiful this song is? I mean Tom Cochrane’s Highway. It is undoubtedly the most suitable song ever written and performed for driving in a highway. I mean…you know….”Life is a highway; I wanna ride it all night long…” Listening to it is like…like having an ear-climax…even higher…

I wouldn’t pick anything else as long as I have this…oh let me think again…Yes, I would…I would pick Cochrane’s Highway! Got it? Ha ha ha ha…

Okay, no, seriously, if I had to choose anything instead I’d have a hell lot of choices. You know, it depends mostly on the mood you’re in than the driving thing. But, I guess whatever mood you’re in, Country always works. Well, not always, but most of the times…oh…hold on, the Snow Queen is on the other line…

- Hi mom, …Yes I’m close…about 30 miles away…yeah, and I got the rings too…I knew you’d ask mom…ok, calm down…don’t be so bitter mom, that’s her day, her most important day…yeah, for God’s sake,…ok, I know…yeah, they’ll be fine mom, don’t be worried…ok, I’m driving mom, I should hang up, yeah, see ya there……

The pounding 1000-Megawatt speakers of the car were making waves of sound that moved miles away and broke the silence of the night of wide savanna around. The dark green blanket of grass was spread for at least a thousand miles and there…were the walls which their metallic surfaces had raised up so high, thousands of miles to finally form a long vaulted ceiling. In some point up there, where the vault was about to join was an enormous and long rectangular window to the outer space…to the part of the galaxy that was still visible from that distance. In one of the corners of the window, there were shadowy shapes of two humans that were talking, watching two rows of light that were enlightening a highway two thousand miles below their hanging legs…

- Yeah, and what on earth do they make those speakers of?! They’re way loud buddy!...he he he

- I know but I’m talking about the boy, I mean the young ones, they live carelessly and freely, like nothing would ever change…

- Not my boy dude, he knows his responsibilities just well.

- Well…good for you

- Yeah, …goddamn…would you give me that laser cutter please? What are these wires made of? So tiny and yet so stubborn! And look at this mess on the inner surface of the wall…it’s like a corpse’s skin!

- I know dude, as my grand pa always says, ship is ship; its body dies finally no matter where it’s sailing…

© 2012 Arash Y


Author's Note

Arash Y
Please give me your opinions and please...every time you mention a mistake, mention the alternative that you have in mind. thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
Added on September 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 30, 2012
Tags: Minimal, short story, Magical realism, highway, science-fiction

Author

Arash Y
Arash Y

About
I am a writer by blood, My grand pa was a poet and my dad is a journalist. I was looking for a place to publish my short stories and receive real comments and corrections cuz English is my second lang.. more..

Writing