Rise To The Top

Rise To The Top

A Story by Aravind Raju
"

Siddharth walks out of a powerful design company as soon as he sees the dark side of things. Upon several rejections, he is driven to build his own empire. However rivals attempt to bring him down.

"
[Scene 1]
SIDDHARTH - (Narration) My name is Siddharth. I'm a design student graduate from NUS, the top university in Singapore. My one principle as a designer is to design something simple but better, something that doesn't reduce all of human effort. I'm not like the others who come up with crazy gadgets which half the time we don't use. I design for the better, not to spoil humanity. Now I'm on my way for a job interview at the top design company in the world: Orange.
CALLER - Next!
ORANGE CEO - Hi, please sit down. What's your name?
SIDDHARTH - Siddharth sir.
ORANGE CEO - Siddharth? nice name.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks sir.
ORANGE CEO - Now then, your interview files and certificates.
SIDDHARTH - Oh yes, here they are.
ORANGE CEO - Thank you, hmm...interesting. You've achieved excellence in many design areas. Wow, you're the three time winner of the NUS design fair. Amazing.
SIDDHARTH - Thank you sir also-
ORANGE CEO - Without further discussion I hereby appoint you as a designer in this company.
SIDDHARTH - W-What?
ORANGE CEO - You're employed. Work starts on Monday, I'm really impressed with your reports and certificates young man. Can't wait to see what you'll bring out.
SIDDHARTH - T-Thank you sir. (exits the office).
[Scene 2]
SIDDHARTH - Hello? who is it?
RICHARD - Hey it's me, Richard.
SIDDHARTH - Oh hi, how are you?
RICHARD - I'm fine as usual. I heard you're going for a job interview at Orange, best of luck.
SIDDHARTH - Actually Richard, the interview's over.
RICHARD - What? it is? what happened, tell me tell me!
SIDDHARTH - Well, I got the job.
RICHARD - Wow! that's amazing!
SIDDHARTH - Yes I know.
RICHARD - Come on why are you so down in the dumps, be cheerful. You've been appointed at the world's leading design company. This is really huge!
SIDDHARTH - Yes I know, it's not that. I was expecting questions to be asked back and forth in this interview. All he ever did was go over my files and certificates and give me the okay.
RICHARD - What? that's it? come on there's nothing to feel dull about. This is great, just by checking over your files he gave you the clear okay. Just think how many people right now are being asked questions in their interview.
SIDDHARTH - Well, I would say everyone?
RICHARD - Yes, everyone. Because the person interviewing may have doubts on the person, turns out you're a clean piece of paper.
SIDDHARTH - What's that supposed to mean?
RICHARD - I mean you're clear as crystal, that's why he gave you the green signal.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay.
RICHARD - Yes, not a bad feeling anymore right?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, you're right. Thanks for cheering me up.
RICHARD - Always there for you bro, always there.
SIDDHARTH - Oh, by the way are you searching for a job?
RICHARD - No, I just booked an interview appointment last night with Keyls. Amazing right?
SIDDHARTH - Yes you're right. But when we meet face to face, it'll be war.
RICHARD - True, I really don't understand the rivalry between Orange and Keyls.
SIDDHARTH -  It's just any other ordinary rivalry: India vs Pakistan, Good vs Bad. You get the idea don't you?
RICHARD - Yes.
SIDDHARTH - Now I've got my job, you try and get your job. When's the interview for you?
RICHARD - That's the bad part. Everyone wants to join either Orange or Keyls these days, heavy competition you know. I  requested an interview for next week, they pushed it to 3 weeks, then 2 months and now finally to 7 months. Crazy you know? by the time I go for my interview I'll be 50.
SIDDHARTH - Well, it just goes to show. It's a very tough competition out there, there's that huge strive to get into the best ones not because they like it, it's for them to get a good status. Gaining power over people so they can look up at them.
RICHARD - Pretty soon we'd both be looking down on Orange and Keyls.
SIDDHARTH - You have a way with things don't you?
RICHARD - I just can't help it.
SIDDHARTH - Well, got to go. Bye!
RICHARD - Bye.
[Scene 3]
ORANGE CEO - Mr. Stall!
MR. STALL - Yes sir.
ORANGE CEO - Here, the list of new employees for the company.
MR. STALL - Okay sir. Sir if you don't mind can I take a look at the new employees?
ORANGE CEO - Go ahead.
MR. STALL - Hmm...good. Wow sir this person is amazing!
ORANGE CEO - Who are you talking about?
MR. STALL - Don't know yet, let me check his name. Siddharth.
ORANGE CEO - Oh yes, he has an excellent academic record.
MR. STALL - 3 time Design fair winner at NUS.
ORANGE CEO - I know right. NUS is a very competitive university, no one has ever won twice at the design fair. He's won it thrice! you know one thing, I didn't even have to ask him any question. Just one big glance at his records and he got in.
MR. STALL - Are you sure about this sir? maybe he's not who he seems. He could be a very demanding guy, who knows he might as well re-image our company.
ORANGE CEO - Nonsense, he looks pretty decent. He didn't talk much at the interview, don't worry about the re-imaging part. I'll attend to it when it happens.
[Scene 4]
SIDDHARTH - Hi, this is my first day at work. The CEO told me to go to the Creative offices, can you show me where it is?
ATTENDEE - Sure sir, follow me. Right this way. (Leads him upstairs) here are the Creative offices.
ORANGE CEO - Ah Siddharth. We were all waiting for you. May I have your attention everyone! this is Siddharth, our company's new employee.
CREW - (Applause)
ORANGE CEO - He's not any ordinary employee. He's an NUS graduate, 3 time NUS design fair winner. What more can I say about him, everyone give him a huge warm welcome!
CREW - (Applause)
SIDDHARTH - T-Thank you.
ORANGE CEO - Siddharth I want you to meet someone. This is Lorenzo, he's a top-notch designer like you. Citrus Laptops and half the applications were designed by him.
LORENZO - Hi, nice to meet you.
ORANGE CEO - You'll be working with Lorenzo. He'll guide you with the procedures and so on so forth. If you have any doubts you can approach him, he'll be happy to help, right Lorenzo?
LORENZO - Yes sir.
ORANGE CEO - Okay then. Well young man, your creative landscape awaits. Time to pick up your pencil and tools. Good Luck!
SIDDHARTH - Thanks sir.
LORENZO - Come with me, I'll tell you what we're up to. We're designing the 5th edition of the Citrus Phone. If you look around you see people designing on their computers, drawing out plans, even coding. You'll be doing all of that in this process.
SIDDHARTH - This all looks huge to me already.
LORENZO - Huge? you'll realize what's huge when you get into designing afterwards.
SIDDHARTH - So for this project do we have to only design the phone or the applications too?
LORENZO - Yes, if you want to increase your chances of producing the winning design. Application doesn't necessarily have to be a new version of the previous app, it can also be an entire new app you've designed.
SIDDHARTH - Wow, t-that sounds amazing.
LORENZO - Well, I don't know what to say except, welcome to paradise.
[Scene 5]
LORENZO - Siddharth I'm going downstairs for lunch, are you coming?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, I'm coming.
LORENZO - So have you come up with an idea of what your design will be like?
SIDDHARTH - Not really, I was brainstorming some factors.
LORENZO - Factors? factors for what?
SIDDHARTH - You know, the factors of what makes a good design and would appeal best to the target audience. I always plan my approach before getting an idea of how it should be designed like, that's how I ended up being successful in NUS.
LORENZO - Sounds like a plan, good I like it. I do the same, but then I let go of it because I use the public's evaluation to create a new design. What factors did you consider?
SIDDHARTH - Choice of colours, shape/form, applications and functions.
LORENZO - Sounds good. Just keep in mind that you shouldn't ruin the company image.
SIDDHARTH - Company image? what's that about?
LORENZO - It's awfully simple. Every company out there in this big competition have their own style don't you agree?
SIDDHARTH - Yes
LORENZO - Likewise we have our own style of designing. Not only the design itself but also the signature logo which we all know is the-
SIDDHARTH - The half-bitten Orange.
LORENZO - Correct. You have no criteria for designing any new product or version, other than these two.
SIDDHARTH - Is that it? no budget requirements or partnerships?
LORENZO - Yes, spot on! the budget for designing a product depends on the materials you're using. Once you've drawn or completed sketches and plans about your design, you'll have to wait for the Design selection presentation.
SIDDHARTH - And when is that?
LORENZO - Now it's August 2nd. The presentation will be in the next 4 months, meaning December. December 10th.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay, so till that day we're designing our ideas, sketches, plans and preparation?
LORENZO - Yes.
[Scene 6]
CALVIN - You saw that guys?
DESIGNER 2 - Yes I know, it's the new guy.
CALVIN - You think he's a big shot?
DESIGNER 3 - Doesn't look like that to me. What's a freshie going to do?
DESIGNER 2 - We need to stay on guard. We may not know, there's a chance of him getting in the company's spotlight. We can't let that happen.
DESIGNER 3 - But come on, he's just a fresh-
CALVIN - Enough with the freshie! No more! I don't care if he's a freshie or an oldie. We have to stay alert, to make sure that he doesn't get the clear sweep.
DESIGNER 2 - Slow down, he just got here. We'll wait until that moment comes, then we'll take action.
SIDDHARTH - Hi, is this the way to the design office?
DESIGNER 2 - Yes.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks, by the way nice to meet you.
DESIGNER 2 - Rather cunning fellow I would say.
DESIGNER 3 - Seems eager enough to get back to work.
CALVIN - That's what I'm trying to tell you guys! you can tell just by the smile and enthusiasm on him, something bad's coming our way and I have feeling it's to do with him.
[Scene 7 (4 months later)]
LORENZO - Siddharth, have you finalized your design?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, take a look.
LORENZO - (Takes a look) wow! Siddharth I don't know what to say. I-I'm really impressed.
SIDDHARTH - You really think so?
LORENZO - The most innovative design I've ever seen in this company. You're like another me, but younger.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks Lorenzo.
LORENZO - I mean, it works! the colour choice, shape, software and hardware. It's perfect. You're in for a victory, All the best!
SIDDHARTH - Thanks.
LORENZO - Come, lets go to the presentation.
SUPERVISOR - Excuse me, is this your design plan?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
SUPERVISOR - Here, pass it to me.
SIDDHARTH - For what?
SUPERVISOR - Oh that's right you're the new guy. I'm collecting designs from all the designers. They will then be handed over to the Executive Officer, he will pick the top five designs and enter them in for the presentation.
SIDDHARTH - W-What if my design doesn't make the top five?
SUPERVISOR - Tough luck! at least you can be present at the presentation to witness the best ideas. A great chance to be inspired for the next project.
SIDDHARTH - Oh.
LORENZO - Don't worry, I have faith in you. I know yours will make the top five.
SIDDHARTH - Did you give yours in?
LORENZO - Yes.
[Scene 8]
ORANGE CEO - Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen. I would like to thank you all for making it to the design selection presentation. Designers from this company have worked really hard, put in a lot of effort into designing the new Citrus Phone. Our Executive Officer has picked the top five designs. I have a good feeling about the new design ideas. Ladies and Gentlemen I present you our first presenter, Raul!
RAUL - Greetings everyone, the version of the new Citrus Phone will be different in many ways.......
(After the presentation)
RAUL - Thank you.
ORANGE CEO - Thank you Raul. Now then, next presenter. Calvin!
CALVIN - (Grins at Siddharth)
SIDDHARTH - (Confused and lost reaction).
(Everyone's presentations are over)
ORANGE CEO - Now then, last but not least presenter. Siddharth!
SIDDHARTH - Greetings everyone. This is my first presentation for Orange. I hope my new and innovative idea brings lots of excitement in the audience.
AUDIENCE - (Applause)
SIDDHARTH - Citrus Phone 1, 2, 3 and 4 all have been quite successful over the years. In terms of how appealing it is, applications etc. I'm here to take the Citrus Phone 5 design to a whole new level. I present you the new look for the Citrus Phone!
AUDIENCE - (Surprised and Gasps)
SIDDHARTH - As you can see compared to the previous citrus phones, this phone's in a rectangular shape. The features on the back of the phone include a rough padding to ensure a tighter grip when people hold the phone, the Orange logo, other than that there's a flash light option. Features on the side of the phone include volume control, Power button, and for a change I've added this slot made specially for a camera. If we click this slot, the camera frame will pop out and will make taking photos look like taking them with a real camera. On the top we have an earphone slot suitable for 3-5 pinned earphones and headphones.
On the bottom we have the speakers and the phone charging slot. The keypad functions  are different, the center button will be an orange, on either sides of that button we have a "back" button and a "sleep" button. Applications on the phone are the same except for the phone call application Citrus Call. I've added new options to it such as conference calls, international and local call values, including contacts address book.
And that everyone is my design for the new Citrus Phone.
AUDIENCE - (Huge applause)
CEO - (Gets up in joy and does an applause)
DESIGNER 2 - (does a cunning signal to the Executive officer)
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - (Nods back to him)
CEO - Thank you everyone for attending the presentation. Thanks to the presenters for all their hard work for the past 4-5 months. They've really played a significant role in the company every year. Half the credit goes to them for making our products appeal to the target audience. A huge standing ovation one more time for the designers!
AUDIENCE - (Applause)
CEO - Yes, the Executive Officer here will be picking the winning design. The Executive Officer will send in the winning design plan to the hardware and mechanic team so they can begin to assemble the product. We will start production for the new winning design on Monday. Designers! you won't know which was the winning design until you come to work on Monday. Posters and ads about the new Citrus Phone will be put around the Orange head quarters. Thank you all once again!
[Scene 9]
CALVIN - Sir! you remember the deal don't you?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Umm...y-yes.
CALVIN - Good, if you don't. You know what's coming for you.
[Scene 10]
RICHARD - Hello?
SIDDHARTH - Hey! it's me Siddharth. I did my design presentation today!
RICHARD - Oh you did? great! how did it go?
SIDDHARTH - It went great. I compared my idea with the others, my design is far more creative and innovative than theirs.
RICHARD - You won't be the judge of that because you can't see your mistakes.
SIDDHARTH - Well yes, I can't see my mistakes. But I can tell at a glance that I have a chance of being the clear winner in this contest.
RICHARD - And what makes you say that?
SIDDHARTH - The other designs were sort of like a pure copy of the previous Citrus Phone version.
RICHARD - So when are they picking the final design?
SIDDHARTH - Coming Monday, CEO said there would be banners put on display all over the company headquarters. Make sure you come by our place to see the new design.
RICHARD - Sure, nothing to do here for the next few months.
SIDDHARTH - So yes, that's what I wanted to tell you.
RICHARD - Sounds great man, you've come a long way for this moment. I know you'll win.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks man, wish me luck.
RICHARD - For the win Siddharth! for the win!
[Scene 11]
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - (Choosing between Siddharth's and Calvin's design very hard, he finally places his hand down on a design)
[Scene 12]
SIDDHARTH - Now then (searching for the chosen design banner, he sees Calvin's design and is shocked).
LORENZO - Hey Siddharth, how are you doing?
SIDDHARTH - D-Did you see that?
LORENZO - Yes I know, Calvin's design won.
SIDDHARTH - Oh, it's just that-
LORENZO - Just what?
SIDDHARTH - Oh it's nothing really.
LORENZO - Oh come on, just tell me. I'll understand.
SIDDHARTH - It's just that....I had high hopes for my design.
LORENZO - Oh that, cheer up. It is after all your first go. Never has anyone gotten their design to be chosen on the first go, you'll progress and learn from your mistakes. For a chance, take Calvin's design as a model for your next design. It'll surely benefit you in the long run.
SIDDHARTH - O-Okay, thanks Lorenzo.
LORENZO - Any time, now come it's time for the meeting.
SIDDHARTH - Meeting? what meeting? they never told me about any meeting.
LORENZO - Oh yes I forgot to mention, once the design has been chosen, the following working day we will attend a meeting to discuss the marketing and manufacturing of the design.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay.
LORENZO - And it's not a one man job for Calvin, we all are doing this as a company.
[Scene 13]
CEO - Hello everyone! as you may all have known. Calvin's design has been chosen, everyone please give Calvin a huge round of applause.
AUDIENCE - (Applause)
CEO - Yes, so today we'll be discussing the marketing and manufacturing of Calvin's version of the new Citrus Phone. First lets talk about the manufacturing side of it. What materials are you planning to use?
CALVIN - I'm planning on using the same materials as compared to the previous Citrus Phone. Except for this phone I'm planning on having spongy ridges on the back of the phone, to give it a bit of comfort and also a bit of protection if it falls.
CEO - Hmm...Okay then. Did everyone hear that? so the priority material for this assignment are the spongy ridges on the back of the phone. Is it okay if we further elaborate on the colours and usual materials for this?
CALVIN - Yes I don't mind. When you're talking about the applications I'll give you the heads up.
CEO - Sounds great. So now I want everyone to come up with possible colours and framework for the new Citrus Phone. I'll give you 20 minutes to discuss with each other about this. Afterwards we'll hear from everyone. Time starts now!
SIDDHARTH - Uh Lorenzo, I'll be at the restroom. Will be back.
LORENZO - Sure sure, don't be long.
[Scene 14]
SIDDHARTH - (After using the restroom and comes out, he sees Calvin's two other cunning designers going somewhere, he has doubts and follows them at foot. Till leading to the Executive officer's room. He hears them thanking the officer for picking Calvin's design, he takes out his phone and records it).
DESIGNER #2 - Thanks sir, really means a lot to us.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - I don't know, the new guy, what's his name?
DESIGNER #3 - Siddharth.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Ah yes Siddharth, he doesn't look like a threatening competitor to me.
DESIGNER #3 - He does, we've been observing him for the past months or so. The way he talks, idea flow. It's all in place.
DESIGNER #2 - We already knew that he would win.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - No guys, you don't understand.
DESIGNER #2 - Ehem sir, (counts money going up to $10,000).
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Oh...
DESIGNER #2 - You remember the deal don't you?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Very well.
DESIGNER #3 - $10,000 was meant for you to stop Siddharth. Not for sentiment talk.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Okay but I did as you told me too, so just hand it over!
DESIGNER #2 - Oh no, we can't just give it to you like that. We know very well what you're going to do. You're going to snatch the money and report us to the CEO, so we can get fired.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Oh no, I-I would never-
DESIGNER #3 - Don't be such a drama king. We know you won't do that, that's why we're warning you. If you do, I'll get you fired also for accepting our bribe. You don't want that to happen do you?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - This is idiotic! of what power do you think you'll report me?
DESIGNER #2 - Code of Law section 3.05, employees have the right towards lawsuit for his or her particular culprit. Whether it be boss or co-worker.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - (Gulps)
DESIGNER #3 - So, what are you going to do with this money?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Take it and do nothing.
DESIGNER #2 - Exactly, take it!
(Designers leave the room, Siddharth hides behind the trashcan in the hallway)
SIDDHARTH - (Sends the video to the CEO) dirty rascals, unsportsmanlike is it?
[Scene 15]
SIDDHARTH - (Sees that they haven't been fired yet) CEO!
CEO - Yes Siddharth.
SIDDHARTH - Did you see the video I sent you?
CEO - What video?
SIDDHARTH - I sent it to you yesterday afternoon.
CEO - Oh really? let me check (sees the video and is in shock) Siddharth, go call those two!
SIDDHARTH - Sure sir.
(Comes back with those two designers)
CEO - Siddharth, please wait outside.
SIDDHARTH - Okay sir.
DESIGNER #2 - What is it sir?
CEO - Executive officer.
DESIGNER #3 - Huh?
CEO - $10,000.
DESIGNER #2 - Huh!
CEO - Bribe.
DESIGNER #3 - What!
CEO - You two.
(Designers, completely shocked)
CEO - So tell me, is this why I hired the both of you? to simply bribe an idiotic officer to come to the top? No, you are designers! you don't give money to win, you design to get money! Now tell me, what is it you have against Siddharth? tell me!
(They stay silent)
CEO - Oh! I see, Jealousy huh? I can't believe I have you good-for nothing designers. How old are you both?
DESIGNER #2 - 35
DESIGNER #3 - 37
CEO - 35 and 37, and yet you still can't be recognized for your design. A 23 year old who has just entered the company has shown significance in his effort. Even I thought that he would win, when coming to hear about Calvin's triumph I was shocked for a second and then recovered, because it was his first go in this company.
That young man is a better designer than you'll ever be! you have put this company to shame. How I know this? Siddharth filmed your conversation with the Officer yesterday. He sent the video to me, he didn't put it on net and do you know why? because he doesn't want our company to fall apart in shame. If Siddharth was the kind of guy you were expecting, by now we'd be out of business because he'd have posted it on youtube. Give me a valuable explanation for why I shouldn't fire you both, including Calvin.
(Gives the CEO an explanation)
CEO - Get out of my office! do that again one more time! you and Calvin get the sack! Siddharth, come in please. I thank you for your risk-taking. Acts like this is very unsportsmanlike. I've given them their last chance.
(enters in)
SIDDHARTH - L-Last chance? b-but why?
CEO - You see Siddharth, in these type of cases we can't fire them immediately. You're always given a warning, then in the end you're sacked.
SIDDHARTH - But come on sir, they've already sabotaged my idea. At least if you're not firing them can you at least change the design to mine?
CEO - No can do, we've already finalized everything in yesterday's meeting, production lines are now working. We can't stop it.
SIDDHARTH - But sir it's a false idea, no one will be keen on working with it once they've known it's the wrong idea.
CEO - Well they won't know, we'll just keep the production going and in the end we'll announce that it's false. If you want we'll apply your phone idea for the next coming round.
SIDDHARTH - And when is that?
CEO - 2 years time.
SIDDHARTH - That long for our next project?
CEO - No don't be silly, the next coming round for designing the Citrus Phone. Then we'll use this without further a due.
SIDDHARTH - But come on sir, I've put in 4 months of hard work into this. In the end my design is clean and yet you go with the false idea. This isn't proper justice sir, picking the black sheep's design over mine. It may not be too late, you can still announce the change of plans.
CEO - Siddharth, I understand what you mean. But you have to understand that this is how the real world works. You're still our new recruit, you've so far only had competition within your college. This my friend is the big league! you're competing within the company and the outside world. You can change your design within your college competition, it'll only affect you. But here one small change like what you ask for will affect the manufacturing department, software department, marketing department, more than that the entire company will be affected.
SIDDHARTH - But sir you've just started the production line, no one outside knows about the release of the new Citrus Phone. You can tell them to stop and give a change of plans, what maybe we'll just lose a bit of our manufacturing budget. But that's okay because I'll cover it as soon as we earn some profit out of the new design.
CEO - Hmm....I'll think about it and let you know.
SIDDHARTH - When sir?
CEO - Tomorrow.
SIDDHARTH - Tomorrow? but sir it'll be too late.
CEO - Siddharth you have to understand that everyone's busy, I'm busy you're busy they're busy. I just don't have the time okay! you want an answer? I'll tell you right now that we can't change it. What's decided has been decided, we can't interfere with the big network!
SIDDHARTH - Sir can you pass me a piece of paper and pen?
CEO - Sure, why?
SIDDHARTH - You'll know afterwards (writes his down a big long passage and signs it) here you go sir.
CEO - What is this?
SIDDHARTH - My resignation.
CEO - Wait what? resignation! why? why? what happened?
SIDDHARTH - You prefer the devil's choice over the angel's choice. Even after sending you evidence, getting them into trouble, having a long talk and coming up with a solution you just won't budge. You're like a rock, I'd rather go someplace else.
CEO - But come on Siddharth, this-this company needs someone like you!
SIDDHARTH - Orange, already the top design company in the world. What more can you want?
CEO - B-But you like this company from the very beginning, it-it's your dream job isn't it?
SIDDHARTH - Then it was, now the Orange has become juice. So long!
(Siddharth leaves)
CEO - Secretary!
SECRETARY - Yes sir? any problem?
CEO - We've just lost $50 million worth of profit.
SECRETARY - What do you mean sir?
CEO - We hired someone worth this amount, now we've lost him.
SECRETARY - How sir?
CEO - Arrogance.
[Scene 16]
LORENZO - Hey Siddharth! what's going on?
SIDDHARTH - I'm out of the building.
LORENZO - Out of the building?
SIDDHARTH - I.Q
LORENZO - You mean intelligence Quotient?
SIDDHARTH - (Pissed) Go see the CEO, ask what's the case with me. You'll know, goodbye!
LORENZO - Bye, what was that all about?
(Goes to CEO's room)
LORENZO - CEO, Siddharth said he's leaving the building. What's going on?
CEO - He umm....resigned.
LORENZO - W-What?! h-he resigned! but how?
CEO - Arrogance that's why.
LORENZO - Arrogance? really? Siddharth doesn't seem to be that sort of guy.
CEO - Lorenzo please understand one thing. A coin always has two sides, heads and tails. You saw the bright part of him, not the dark part.
LORENZO - So what happened now?
CEO - Long story short, the coin is in the Vending Machine slot. Once you've lost it, you never get it back.
[Scene 17]
(Siddharth immediately gets his files and certificates and heads for Keyls)
CALLER - Next!
CEO - Hi, take a seat. What's your name?
SIDDHARTH - Siddharth.
CEO - Siddharth, okay good. Hand me over your files and certificates. (goes over them) wow excellent records at NUS, 3 time design competition winner! impressive very impressive. Siddharth I'm pleased with your work.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks sir.
CEO - I'm very comfortable with giving you the job, but only after you've answered my question.
SIDDHARTH - Okay.
CEO - Are you a post-graduate or have you previously worked for another company?
SIDDHARTH - Umm....actually sir I've previously worked for another company.
CEO - Oh nice! very nice to hear, it's great to steal talents from other companies.
SIDDHARTH - What?
CEO - No I mean have talents from other companies. Which company did you previously work for?
SIDDHARTH - Orange.
CEO - O-O-Orange?!
SIDDHARTH - Yes sir.
CEO - Oh no, oh god.
SIDDHARTH - Why what happened? is there anything wrong?
CEO - Get out!
SIDDHARTH - Excuse me?
CEO - I said get out!
SIDDHARTH - What about my job?
CEO - You don't get a job! get out of my office, stay away from my company!
SIDDHARTH - Sir can you at least tell me why you're telling me to leave?
CEO - Oh! you want me to tell you everything like a bedtime story? listen up! I'll only say this once! Keyls and Orange are enemies! enemies worse than your daring nightmare. Even if we're within a 100m distance it'll be war! I would prefer hiring post-graduates or people who worked previously for other companies. But no! never under my breath an Ex-Orange employee! I do not wish to be influenced by your juice-pulpy ideas. This is Keyls! totally different from the crap you did there.
SIDDHARTH - So does that mean-
CEO - Get out! of my company!
[Scene 18]
(Siddharth walking around Raffles Place all tired and all)
(He sits on a sofa in Marina bay sands, and sees an inspiring ad on the big screen)
AD - Every man has their strength and weaknesses, every man has the desire to achieve something, no one wants be lead. They wish to lead, become a leader, form your own empire. Because everyone's worth it.
SIDDHARTH - Empire huh? empire-empire. Yes!
[Scene 19]
SIDDHARTH - An empire, I'll form my own design company and show everyone what I can do!
(Siddharth gets down to work, coming up with plans for logo's, aim etc.)
SIDDHARTH - Hello! Richard it's me Siddharth, I want you, Cathy, Clark, Derek and Jia Jun to be at my place within the next 2 hours.
RICHARD - W-What's this about?
SIDDHARTH - Something huge, really huge.
(Richard gets confused over what just happened)
RICHARD - Hello Cathy!
CATHY - (Hears what it's about) within the next 2 hours?
CLARK - At Siddharth's Place?
DEREK - But I'm in the middle of searching for work.
JIA JUN - Is it really important?
RICHARD - Yes it's important, I myself don't know what this is about. All he told me was that this is huge.
[Scene 20]
(Siddharth's waiting)
SIDDHARTH - Hello?
RICHARD - Siddharth, it's me Richard.
SIDDHARTH - Oh hey! are you here yet?
RICHARD - I'm at your condo's lobby with the others.
SIDDHARTH - Okay cool.
(They make their way upstairs)
SIDDHARTH - Hey guys!
CATHY - Quiet down Siddharth.
SIDDHARTH - What? why?
CLARK - You know we're busy don't you?
DEREK - I was in the middle of searching a job.
SIDDHARTH - Guys please, what I'm about to tell you guys is what most of you are waiting for.
CATHY - What are you going to do? give us a job?
SIDDHARTH - Spoiler alert!
CATHY - What?!
DEREK - Y-You! Getting---us
SIDDHARTH - Jobs.
JIA JUN - The hell! Siddharth are you serious?
SIDDHARTH - I'm serious. That's why I told you guys to assemble here, have a seat.
CLARK - Now tell us, what is this about?
SIDDHARTH - Just a few months ago I went for a job interview at Orange. I got the job.
CATHY - Wow! that's awesome! but what does this have to do with you giving us jobs?
SIDDHARTH - Please let me finish. I soon found out that the company is corrupt.
RICHARD - Corrupt? how?
SIDDHARTH - Bribe. We were all given an assignment to design the new Citrus Phone, someone else's design got chosen. I had doubts over that person and followed him at foot, turns out he bribed the Executive officer a sum of $10,000 to pick his design.
DEREK - Oh god! t-this is Orange?
SIDDHARTH - Still can't believe it? here's more evidence. I compelled the CEO to change the design to whoever the original winner was, I was the original winner. He still gave a nod saying "No". He keeps telling me that they've started the manufacturing production for it and they can't afford to lose anymore money.
JIA JUN - That's bullshit. They're a Multi-National Company, not only that they're the leading company.
SIDDHARTH - Exactly! he's just got a terrible approach and attitude with these things.
CATHY - Okay so you found out it's corrupt, what did you do? quit?
SIDDHARTH - Yes I quit my job. Immediately I gathered my files and headed over to Keyls for a job interview.
RICHARD - How did you manage to get an appointment this quick?
SIDDHARTH - The Keyls website has two sections for appointment bookings, one for post-graduates and another one for other company recruits. Booking an appointment for other company recruits is faster.
RICHARD - Darn.
SIDDHARTH - So yes I went for my job interview at Keyls. Keyls said everything about me is okay, except for the fact that I previously worked for Orange.
DEREK - What's wrong about that?
SIDDHARTH - Orange and Keyls are huge rivals in the business network. They don't want an ex-orange employee to be part of them.
CLARK - Woah, it's that strict?
SIDDHARTH - Well it just goes to show that people would do anything to stay in the league. Now back to me, I roamed around the Raffles Place area, jobless. I plopped myself on a coach in Marina Bay Sands, I saw an advertisement which struck me. It was about creating a whole new empire.
CATHY - Let me get this straight, you found out that it's pointless joining either company so you've decided to start your own company? and by doing that you want us to help you build the foundation?
SIDDHARTH - On the dot! spot on! I've decided to start my own company. I'm going to need help from you guys to build this foundation. Who's in?
(After a long pause everyone raises their hand)
JIA JUN - Just one doubt, when you mean company do you mean a design company?
CATHY - Obviously what else do you think it is?
SIDDHARTH - Yes it's a design company, but I've also decided to start a research institute.
DEREK - Why?
SIDDHARTH - Business in our case scenario covers two main factors: One is using statistics and research, two is using the statistics and research to create a product. We'll definitely benefit off the research institute. Plus among us we have two PhD degree holders, Cathy and Clark.
CLARK - Right. Now where do we start off?
SIDDHARTH - Okay, so first we have two assignments on our hands: One is hiring two architects to assist Jia Jun and Derek with designing the buildings.
JIA JUN - Which buildings?
SIDDHARTH - The Research institute and Design Company, you and Derek are going to design the infrastructure of both buildings with the help of two architects. You two can start that right now.
DEREK - Do we have a criterion for designing?
SIDDHARTH - Good question, yes you do. The design company should have more floors and match with other big company buildings, 30-40 floors will do. As for the research institute, I want it to be larger by area not by height. Make the institute have about 3-4 floors.
JIA JUN - Got it! which two architects should we go looking for?
SIDDHARTH - You can check the Classified paper, you'll find architects and contractors there. Just keep in mind that you two will be designing the style and looks, they'll take care of the dimensions and all.
DEREK - Okay got it, when do you want the plans to be finished by?
SIDDHARTH - What's the date?
CLARK - December 15th.
SIDDHARTH - Finalize the plans by December 27th. You can get to work.
CLARK - What about us?
SIDDHARTH - I want you to book an appointment with the Governor to discuss the new building plans, if we start booking an appointment now, we could present the plans to him within the next 2 weeks latest.
CATHY - Got it. Anything else to do afterwards?
SIDDHARTH - For now there's nothing else afterwards. Only after the Governor's confirmation we can proceed with our next plans, I won't put you under pressure with upcoming plans. Focus on these for now, I'll be around to assist both your group and Derek's team. Let's go!
[Scene 20]
O. CEO - Hello?
K. CEO - Hey, what kind of a fool do you take me for?
O. CEO - Hello? who's this?
K. CEO - Don't act stupid! it's me, from Keyls.
O. CEO - Oh it's you! what do you want?
K. CEO - So you think you could sabotage my company by sending one of your people over to me?
O. CEO - Sabo- what? what are blabbering on about?
K. CEO - Hey hey! don't act like you've just landed from Mars. I can see what you're trying to do.
O. CEO - For your information we have better things to do than parceling people over to you.
K. CEO - Oh is that so?
O. CEO - Oh just please tell me what's going on and I'll understand!
K. CEO - Fine if that's what you want, today at 3:00pm a person by the name of Siddharth came for an appointment here.
O. CEO - Siddharth? wait hold on Siddharth?!
K. CEO - Yes you heard me, Siddharth. He came here for a job interview.
O. CEO - Siddharth?---Job interview?---at Keyls?---but how could this be? he just resigned this morning.
K. CEO - Oh Oh! he resigned! ho ho poor boy.
O. CEO - He went straight to you for a job?
K. CEO - Yes! what do you think I've been trying to get through you all this time?
O. CEO - Listen this has nothing to do with me. I'll explain everything from my view, he resigned this morning, afterwards there wasn't anything done between him and me.
K. CEO - Over you say huh?
O. CEO - Yes! over! he resigned! his loss! it was his choice, going to you for a job.
K. CEO - But why me?
O. CEO - (Awkward pause) don't ask me why, I'm not Siddharth. Hear me one more time, I did not send Siddharth over to you. I do not have plans to sabotage your business, however we will forever overtake you in the long run.
K. CEO - Oi! watch your back! I'm holding on to your ankles, I'll breakthrough! you'll never see another profit of it afterwards.
O. CEO - Get out! (drops the call and sits with a headache)
SECRETARY - Sir are you okay?
O. CEO - Siddharth, ever since he resigned my pressure is increasing.
SECRETARY - Blood pressure or work pressure?
O. CEO - (Yells) Both! Listen I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated that's it. We've let go of a golden ticket, the golden ticket has gone in search for a new job at the Dark side.
SECRETARY - Dark side? you mean Keyls?
O. CEO - Yes, and now the Keyls CEO thinks I'm trying to sabotage his business with Siddharth. So stupid it doesn't even make sense, doesn't even fall into place!
SECRETARY - Listen sir, I know losing Siddharth is a pain in the a*s.
O. CEO - Oi Language!
SECRETARY - Oh sorry sir, what I'm saying is that this year we're getting tons of interview requests from both post-graduates and ex-company recruits. It won't be long till we find another one like Siddharth.
O. CEO - Dean! let me tell you one thing. Siddharth is a three time NUS competition winner! what's the chance of finding another Organic product?
SECRETARY - But come on sir, just think. Siddharth's competitors must be experienced competitors, if we hire them we'll know most of Siddharth's techniques.
O. CEO - Come on, Damn it! I'm looking for a winner not the losers! what's thew point of leading a pack of losers. Not going to get you anywhere in the big league, it's a huge world out there. I'll be up for heavy loss if that's what you're talking about. What more do we have to lose?
SECRETARY - Customers?
O. CEO - Spot on! yes customers! Oh how stupid I was when saying no to Siddharth this morning. The customers are on the edge of their seats every year for the new phone, by the time they get their hands on the new phone it's either too big or it's in different material. Siddharth's idea, was out of the ordinary. One day of selling, just one day of selling this in the market. We would remain in the big league for the next 10-12 years.
SECRETARY - Well sir then you'll have to compel your team to meet those expectations. Why not ask Lorenzo?
O. CEO - Wait hold on a second, Lorenzo? Lorenzo! that's it! he's been of great help with Siddharth. If I can get information through him about Siddharth's mind wave and idea then there's nothing stopping us, Lorenzo's our only chance.
SECRETARY - Until we come face to face with Siddharth's design in whatever company he's in now.
O. CEO - Why do you always speak the negative aspects? don't good things ever come out of your mouth?
[Scene 21]
SIDDHARTH - How's it going guys?
JIA JUN - We finally found two architects.
SIDDHARTH - Oh wow, surprising. Did they give you a hard time asking what we're trying to do?
JIA JUN - Not really, they just asked what our plans were. The moment they heard company building they said yes.
SIDDHARTH - Sounds good. Are they on their way here?
JIA JUN - They'll be here in the next half an hour or so.
SIDDHARTH - Sounds great.
CATHY - Well Siddharth we've found our two architects, you suppose everything will go well?
SIDDHARTH - Yep everything will go well, not perfectly well but decent.
CLARK - Anything up your mind for us to do?
SIDDHARTH - Up my mind....got it! you're right we could work simultaneously.
CATHY - Point is?
SIDDHARTH - While they're busy with the architects we can start browsing universities to find post-graduates.
CLARK - Why post-graduates?
CATHY - Oh I get it, to form the rest of the crew right?
SIDDHARTH - Yep, it's good to start now because the moment we've gotten confirmation from the governor about our plans, we could immediately get to work. The quicker the better.
CLARK - But what's the rush?
SIDDHARTH - Clark it's a whole wide world out there. Whether you're aware of it or not, once we've started our company we're going to get plunged into the big league. And here's the catch, the big league is no ordinary league like the ones in a football stadium. It's every company against every company, every company is competing against others....Worldwide! I want to try and get into the league by the months of January or February, then there'll be less chance of us being wiped-out.
CLARK - I see.
SIDDHARTH - Universities have the students graduating at different times of the year. We need to try and get access to the post-graduates that have graduated during this month. If we can get in touch with them along with their interest we can move forward.
CATHY - Great, where do we start?
SIDDHARTH - Top priority: NUS final year students graduate during this time of the year, pick about 3 people from the NUS post-graduate list. You can find the list on the NUS website.
CLARK - Of what qualifications should we look for?
SIDDHARTH - Phd, Computer Sciences and ASD (Art and sustainable design). Each of them should have one of these qualifications. So when you've picked people we have 1 Phd, 1 Computer Sciences and 1 ASD post-graduate.
CLARK - Got it! but you do realize we can't only depend on 3 people.
SIDDHARTH - Well yes, I'll leave the rest of this to you. Priority is finding three people from NUS, afterwards you can pick others from other universities.
CATHY - How many people maximum?
SIDDHARTH - 15 people, so that means 3 people from 5 universities. You can get to work.
CLARK - On it!
[Scene 22]
O. CEO - Are you sure?
LORENZO - I'm pretty sure with what I say sir, Siddharth plans his every approach using mind maps and brainstorms.
O. CEO - That's crazy, it's old school. Yet it works effectively.
LORENZO - As far as I'm concerned sir he's sort of the only one who plans his work like this, everyone else uses word documents to type their plans.
O. CEO - Hmm....do you by chance have a copy of Siddharth's plan?
LORENZO - No sir.
O. CEO - Damn it!
LORENZO - However, he did give his plans to the Supervisor.
O. CEO - Supervisor?
LORENZO - Yes sir, you remember? for the design selection meeting.
O. CEO - Meeting....that's it! he's given his plans to the supervisor! if I can get it from him then we'll have our hands on his plan to reserve for the next few years.
LORENZO - What was that sir?
O. CEO - You see Lorenzo, Siddharth may have left the company. But he's left a huge trail at the back of him, and that trail my friend will be our ticket to remain at the top for the next 10 years.
LORENZO - Sir but-
O. CEO - Lorenzo do as I say, go get Siddharth's plans.
LORENZO - O-Okay sir.
(Leaves the room)
LORENZO - Supervisor!
SUPERVISOR - Yes Lorenzo.
LORENZO - Do you have Siddharth's plans?
SUPERVISOR - Siddharth? who is that?
LORENZO - You remember? the new guy who joined recently but quit his job.
SUPERVISOR - Oh that guy! yes, the plans are with the executive officer. I passed it onto him so he could pick the final design plan.
LORENZO - Okay thanks.
(Heads to the Executive officer's room)
LORENZO - Sir do you by chance have Siddharth's plans?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - S-Siddharth?
LORENZO - Yes Siddharth, you remember him don't you? the new guy?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER -  Y-Y-Yes I-I remember him very well.
LORENZO - Why are you stammering all of a sudden, you're always a relaxed chap.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Oh it's nothing really.
LORENZO - Come on you can tell me, no pressure.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - No really it's nothing.
LORENZO - Oh okay then, where are his plans?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - You can check in my file cabinet, second drawer by the left.
LORENZO - This one right? got it.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Yes you do that, I'll be out getting a cup of coffee. I'll be back.
LORENZO - Sure thing, (opens the file and finds Siddharth's plans shredded, he's surprised to see this).
(Executive Officer's phone buzzes because of a message being received)
LORENZO - (Curiously checks out what his message is and found out it was sent by Calvin) Calvin? "Don't forget, I've got lawsuit". What's that all about? (scrolls up and finds an entire chat conversation about them plotting on Siddharth, he's shocked to see this) Oh my god! this was what's been happening all along.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Oi! what are you doing snooping around my office! give me back my phone.
LORENZO - It's you isn't it?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - What are you talking about?
LORENZO - You.....Sabotaged Siddharth's pride.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - (Shocked reaction) w-what! h-how-
LORENZO - Your Whatsapp, I was just about to leave the room but then I saw this message from Calvin.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - (Checks the message from Calvin) Oh dear!
LORENZO - How could you do such a thing? let me get this straight, is this why he quit his job?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - I uh...
LORENZO - Answer me! is this why he quit his job?!
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Okay fine you got me! yes it was a sabotage. Not by me! it was by Calvin. He knew fair and square that Siddharth would take the pride so he bribed me a sum of $10,000 to pick his plan.
LORENZO - Damn it! how could you do such--(mad) You know what? I'm going to tell the CEO.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Go ahead, he already knows and gave me a warning.
LORENZO - Wait what?
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - I've already gotten a bitter treatment from him.
LORENZO - Without my knowledge? how come? I'm going to check.
(enters CEO's office)
O. CEO - Hi Lorenzo! did you get Siddharth's plans?
LORENZO - Yes, it's shredded.
O. CEO - Shredded? but how?
LORENZO - Sabotage, Calvin sabotaged Siddharth's plan.
O. CEO - Oh right yes, wait hold on! how do you know about this?
LORENZO - I saw the Executive Officer's Whatsapp, he got a message from Calvin reminding him to not forget about his lawsuit.
O. CEO - C-Calvin?! Oh god.
LORENZO - I found out everything! sir please tell me, did Siddharth quit by himself or what?
O. CEO - Lorenzo have a seat. Yes Siddharth quit by himself, you see we had a sort of a quarrel. He tried compelling me to change the design plans to his, but how foolish I was there telling him we can't because manufacturing had already started. Well he knew what he had to do, quit the job and left the building. If that's not all he immediately went to apply for a job at Keyls, and now that CEO was quarreling with me a while ago thinking I tried to sabotage his business with one of our people.
LORENZO - Wow, so much over one employee.
O. CEO - Oh Lorenzo he's not any ordinary employee, if he's gotten us into this much of trouble and headache then boy o' boy will he be a big shot.
LORENZO - What do you mean sir?
O. CEO - God knows which company he's in. If his design comes head to head with us we're done for, we can pack our bags and move to making Pencils.
LORENZO - Sir there's got to be a better way, I mean what if we lose Siddharth and sabotaged his plans. Let's put this aside, what do you have as a backup plan? we don't need to rely on Siddharth's plan, he's gone sir! he's gone. Let's compel the design crew to work harder and apply most of what Siddharth implied in his work. If we can follow that we could come up with something original.
O. CEO - You know what, you're probably right. Who needs that Siddharth? yes he's a three time NUS competition winner but he's missing something. A job at the greatest company in the world!
LORENZO - That's the spirit!
O. CEO - Hahaha!
[Scene 23]
DEREK - Siddharth! can you please come here?
SIDDHARTH - Coming! yes what is it?
DEREK - We've finished our plans for both buildings.
SIDDHARTH - Hmm...I love the design work! What are the dimensions for the company building?
ARCHITECT #1 - 25m x 50m x 150m
SIDDHARTH - Sounds good. How about the Research building?
ARCHITECT #2 - 125m x 75m x 45m
SIDDHARTH - Great! sounds good to me. So has everything been finalised? ready to present to the governor?
JIA JUN - Yes everything's in place. All the measurements, designs have been verified and checked over.
SIDDHARTH - Great! so all that's left is to present this to the governor.
ARCHITECT #1 - Does this mean our work here is done?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, thank you so much. It means a lot.
ARCHITECT #2 - Good doing business with you. Now then, time to cover the service charges.
SIDDHARTH - Service charges? oh right yes! service charges. How much?
ARCHITECT #1 - $1500 for each of us.
JIA JUN - Oh my god! that's a lot.
ARCHITECT #2 - What? don't tell me you're going to cheat on us.
SIDDHARTH - Nonsense! guys calm down, don't worry I have the money.
DEREK - Phew! just out of curiosity, why is it that expensive?
ARCHITECT #2 - There's an assigned service charge to pay if you're making plans for certain buildings.
ARCHITECT #1 - Planning houses and shopping malls cost nearly half this price.
ARCHITECT #2 - Planning Metro rails, schools and condominiums cost 25% of this price.
ARCHITECT #1 - Last but not least planning airports, universities and company buildings cost this much. I mean come on we're planning something really commercial here.
DEREK - True, true.
SIDDHARTH - Here you go, $3000.
ARCHITECT #2 - Thank you very much, best of luck!
SIDDHARTH - For what?
ARCHITECT #1 - Starting your empire of course.
SIDDHARTH - Ah that! thank you.
(Architects leave)
JIA JUN - Now then, I believe you're going to present the plans to the governor. What's our next assignment?
SIDDHARTH - Your next assignment is to design the logo for both the company and the Design institute.
DEREK - Should they be completely different logos or slightly the same?
SIDDHARTH - Completely different. My plan is to make the research institute accessible for everyone, from Phd holders to college students to public. Like a library, I'm thinking about having the top 2 floors used by Research employees and the bottom floor for the public to use.
JIA JUN - Sounds great! so does that mean-
SIDDHARTH - Yes the design company and research institute won't be in collaboration. If it is I would be sacked! I'm making it fair for myself and everyone including other companies. It's their choice if they want to make use of research statistics to design good products, otherwise we're the primary users. People won't have doubts on us because we'll just tell them that we use research statistics to design our products.
DEREK - Smart, that's really smart.
SIDDHARTH - I'll see if it's a smart move once we begin business. So I'll leave it to you guys now to design the logos, this time you can relax a bit because we'll release the logo's to public a year before the grand opening.
DEREK - Okay.
[Scene 24]
CATHY - Check the NTU website.
CLARK - Okay, wow there are so many graduates.
CATHY - How many?
CLARK - Like at least 550.
CATHY - Are you serious? graduated this month?
CLARK - I'm serious! just look, I just can't make up my mind about who to get.
CATHY - True, and we can only get 3 people from each university. Check how many Phd graduates there are.
CLARK - Okay, oh god. There are about 150 Phd holders.
CATHY - What?! that's so much. How do we decide on who to pick?
CLARK - Check their university records?
CATHY - Right, check that.
CLARK - Thank goodness, only 70 people got a perfect score.
CATHY - Only? that's so much. How do we decide on this?
CLARK - A raffle?
CATHY - Stop playing around, it was easy finding NUS and ITE graduates. This is just hard. How many ASD graduates?
CLARK - 50 ASD graduates.
CATHY - Hmm...that's reasonable enough. Computer sciences?
CLARK - 95 graduates.
CATHY - Okay that's not too bad either. First we'll pick an ASD graduate and a Computer sciences graduate.
CLARK - What about Phd graduate?
CATHY - We'll sort that out once we've finished these ones.
[Scene 25]
DESIGNER #1 - Calvin did you hear!
CALVIN - I know! I'm not stupid.
DESIGNER #1 - About what?
CALVIN - The fact that they're going by Siddharth's way and not mine. Unbelievable, they even stopped the manufacturing production line for my plans.
DESIGNER #2 - What was supposed to happen happened.
CALVIN - What do you mean?
DESIGNER #2 - (Stammering in fear) I-I m-mean t-that i-it just h-happened.
CALVIN - (Closing in on him) don't tell me that you were the one trying to reveal my sabotage. You don't want to lose your job do you?
DESIGNER #2 - N-No I d-don't.
CALVIN - Heh...then don't talk bullshit. You told me about what's going on, okay. If I hear this same punch one more time (cracks his knuckles with fingers) you know what's coming for you.
(Calvin leaves)
DESIGNER #1 - Idiot! I can't believe we risked our reputation to get his design on the line.
DESIGNER #2 - Shush! quiet down, or else he'll come back and get the better of us.
DESIGNER #1 - Come on let's go, we have better things to do than attending to that dog.
[Scene 26]
GOVERNOR - Let me get this straight, you want to start your own empire?
SIDDHARTH - Y-Yes.
GOVERNOR - A new company and a research institute? is that right?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
GOVERNOR - What makes you think that I can give you permission to start this empire?
SIDDHARTH - I want to prove to the world that products used for what they're truly meant for will appeal best to everyone.
GOVERNOR - Impressive I must say, well there's nothing stopping you right now.
SIDDHARTH - Does that mean I can proceed with my plans?
GOVERNOR - Yes! you have full permission to do so. I'm giving you land near the Changi Tech Park for your design company, and land near botanic gardens for your research institute.
SIDDHARTH - Isn't there space at the CBD?
GOVERNOR - Sorry sonny, we've already gotten too many things going on there. Company buildings, shopping, tourism and so on. We've already decided on building 2 bank headquarters and a huge recreational area, this would take up most of the remaining land of the CBD.
SIDDHARTH - You said most of it, why not give that land to us?
GOVERNOR - Problem is that your buildings won't fit in that area because the remaining space in the CBD after development would give us an area of about 1,112 square meters.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay.
GOVERNOR - But look on the bright side, Changi and places near Botanic gardens are very deserted areas. Mostly parks and tech parks. I'm giving both these lands to you.
SIDDHARTH - Thank you sir, how much will the price be for construction?
GOVERNOR - $6 million.
SIDDHARTH - $6 m-million?
GOVERNOR - Why what happened? you don't have the money?
SIDDHARTH - Thing is that I never expected to come this far, totally left money out of knowledge. I'll somehow pay the amount to you.
GOVERNOR - Hmmm...okay. I'll give you 4 days time to get the money.
SIDDHARTH - 4 days time?!
GOVERNOR - I'm sorry sonny, you see that huge line of people waiting?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
GOVERNOR - Most of them have booked an appointment to discuss land construction matters like you. If you delay this then I have no choice but to give the land to someone else in that line.
SIDDHARTH - O- Okay sir, I'll try and get the money to you. One more thing, will you yourself allocate a construction group for us?
GOVERNOR - Ah yes, forgot to discuss that matter. Here you get pick the group, I give a choice of five construction groups that work mainly towards constructing company buildings and research institutes.
SIDDHARTH - Okay, (decides hard and ticks a group) I pick Lite Constructions.
GOVERNOR - Lite Constructions? okay then. I'll send over the construction plan and details to the group once you've handed over the money.
SIDDHARTH - Okay sir. One last thing, s-salary rights?
GOVERNOR - Salary rights? oh that! yes you need it right? after all you are starting your own empire.
SIDDHARTH - Yes, when will I get salary rights?
GOVERNOR - I'll hand it over to you once you've paid the amount, when you come with the amount present information about your company recruits. Based on that I'll allocate salary amounts for everyone in your company. Once that's been sorted out I'll hand over the rights to you.
SIDDHARTH - T-Thank you sir.
GOVERNOR - My pleasure, looking forward for more.
[Scene 27]
SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) Hello? Richard? it's me Siddharth. Governor has given us the green signal.
RICHARD - Great! that's great news! what do we need to do now?
SIDDHARTH - We need to pay $6 million to begin construction.
RICHARD - W-What!
SIDDHARTH - Welcome to the real world, yes $6 million. We only have 4 days to give the money to them?
RICHARD - 4 days? how do we get $6 million in 4 days? I can barely get $100 pocket money within a week-
SIDDHARTH - Listen to me! Cathy and Clark by now should've confirmed the three people from each university. Go with Cathy and Clark to each of the universities, get the chosen ones to join us.
RICHARD - Got it.
SIDDHARTH - Talk in full detail about everything our company and research institute is trying to do. If they ask doubts about salary tell them that they'll receive salary even though we haven't moved into our buildings.
RICHARD - You got salary rights?
SIDDHARTH - I'm getting it as soon as I hand over the $6 million.
RICHARD - Good what else?
SIDDHARTH - After you've gotten everyone go to all the 5 universities asking for $1.2 million donation. Tell the Principal of the university about who we are and what we're trying to do, even prove our qualifications.
RICHARD - Are you sure they'll do it?
SIDDHARTH - Very sure because we'll be having post-graduates from their universities contributing too, they won't think of it as a fraud.
RICHARD - Oh okay got it.
SIDDHARTH - We have 4 days to gather up all the money. Don't rush it all on one day, the new recruits will get a headache.
RICHARD - Meh, I'm having a headache too.
SIDDHARTH - Me, double headache.
RICHARD - Well come on you're the captain of the ship. It's normal.
SIDDHARTH - Not when you're starting a whole new empire from scratch.
RICHARD - True.
SIDDHARTH - Well that's all I have for you, see you later.
RICHARD - Bye.
[Scene 28]
CATHY - (On the phone) Hello?
RICHARD - It's me Richard, the governor has agreed to give us land.
CATHY - Really?! oh my god that's great!
RICHARD - Have you listed down 15 people?
CATHY - Yes.
RICHARD - Finalised?
CATHY - Yes.
RICHARD - Okay, print out the list of people. The print out should include their names, their graduate and university.
CATHY - Okay, what's the rush about?
RICHARD - Siddharth told me to not rush this, but to me it seems like a rush.
CATHY - What are you going on about?
RICHARD - (Mumbles) We're going to recruit the 15 people now.
CATHY - Now? why now?
RICHARD - Just listen to me, we have two assignments on our hand! we have to recruit those 15 people and somehow get $6 million.
CATHY - $6 million! are you crazy?! what are you even-
(Richard drops the call)
CLARK - What happened?
CATHY - It's Richard, he started blabbering abut getting $6 million.
CLARK - What the hell? what else did he say?
CATHY - The only thing he said properly was about recruiting those 15 people now.
CLARK - Okay, anything else?
CATHY - And that we need to print out the list of those 15 people, along with their university and graduate.
CLARK - Okay.
CATHY - Richard's joining us.
CLARK - Where is he?
CATHY - Let me check. Hello? Richard where are you now?
RICHARD - At NUS, come with the list of people.
CATHY - Okay. He's at NUS.
CLARK - Okay, let's go.
[Scene 29]
SIDDHARTH - Hello? Richard how are things going?
RICHARD - Yes everything is going well, Cathy and Clark are meeting me at NUS.
SIDDHARTH - Great, so you're starting your business there first?
RICHARD - Yes.
SIDDHARTH - So the plan is to first recruit the 3 people, after that have them as back up to ask for $1.2 million donation.
RICHARD - Got it.
SIDDHARTH - I'll be at home, so after you're done tell everyone to come here.
RICHARD - Okay, Bye. Hey guys! got the list?
CLARK - Yep! hold it right there, Cathy told me something about you mentioning $6 million. What's that all about?
RICHARD - Oh that! you see Siddharth got land for both the design company and the research institute.
CATHY - Yes I know that, you told me this earlier on the phone.
RICHARD - Let me finish! the governor told him that in order to start the building constructions he has to pay a sum of $6 million.
CLARK - Woah!
CATHY - God.
RICHARD - And here's the worst part, if he doesn't pay up the money within the next four days the land tender will go to someone else.
CATHY - Oh that's what you meant.
CLARK - How are we getting the money?
RICHARD - Siddharth told me that we'll be doing two assignments at the same time. One is recruiting those 15 people, at the same time we'll ask each of the 5 universities to give $1.2 million as donation.
CATHY - Are you sure they'll give it to us?
RICHARD - Trust me, Siddharth told me everything. It's got to work.
CLARK - Each of the five paying $1.2 million means we would have...$6 million! great.
CATHY - Well what're we waiting for? let's go go go!
[Scene 30]
O. CEO - How's the planning going Lorenzo?
LORENZO - Umm......I wouldn't say it's the best.
O. CEO - Why not?
LORENZO - The plan I made doesn't match Siddharth's original plan.
O. CEO - What are you talking about? show me your plan. (Sees the plan) Oh god! (rubs his head).
LORENZO - Why sir? anything wrong?
O. CEO - H-How did Siddharth make such a plan? I just don't get it. Why can't you do the same as him?!
LORENZO - Sir forgive me, everyone has their own way of designing. I can't design like Siddharth and he can't design like me.
O. CEO - What are you trying to say?
LORENZO - There's no point in trying to adapt from his ideas.
O. CEO - Fine! I'll accept it! we can't adapt from Siddharth's idea. Let's start fresh.
LORENZO - As in?
O. CEO - Let's move away from just improving our default designs. At least let's try adapting from Siddharth's style of working. Let's totally re-image our products.
LORENZO - But sir-
O. CEO - Listen to me Lorenzo! I know what I'm doing. As long as we have the half bitten orange logo we're safe.
[Scene 31]
NUS #1 - Hmm....Okay I like it, what do you think?
NUS #2 - Yes, sounds good to me. I just have one doubt, will work still go on even before the buildings are built?
CATHY - Yes they will still work, our head Siddharth said we'll all be working at his house temporarily. He has a huge 3 floor house.
NUS #2 - Okay.
NUS #3 - What about salary? do we get paid?
CLARK - Yes of course, monthly pay. The salary per month is yet to be decided, but I can assure you that it'll be of adequate pay.
CATHY - So what do you say? yay or nay?
NUS #1 - Yes.
NUS #2 - Yes.
NUS #3 - Yes.
CATHY - Great!
CLARK - (Whispers) Cathy me and Richard will be there.
CATHY - (Whispers) For what?
CLARK - (Gestures for money).
CATHY - Oh okay, you go ahead.
CLARK - Come on Richard, let's go.
NUS #1 - What was that about?
CATHY - No nothing, they just need to go to the restroom.
NUS #1 - Oh okay. Well, is it over?
CATHY - Yes it's over, thank you all. If you could all give me your numbers that would be great. (Gets their numbers), so now I've got all your numbers. I'll contact you if we're having any upcoming discussions or meetings. Otherwise you're free to go.
NUS #2 - Thank you.
NUS #3 - So for now we can lay low?
CATHY - For now.
[Scene 32]
NUS PRINCIPAL - Let me get this straight you want me to give you a donation sum of $1.2 million.
RICHARD - Yes sir.
NUS PRINCIPAL - I see where this is going guys but no one's going to get the money in a snap of a finger.
CLARK - Sir please. We've already gotten land tender for our design company building and research institute. If we don't pay up within the next 4 days we lose the tender.
NUS PRINCIPAL - Hmm.....you're welcome to place promotional posters of your upcoming products around my university.
RICHARD - Wait hold on, d-does that mean-
NUS PRINCIPAL - Yup! you're getting the money.
BOTH - Yes!
NUS PRINCIPAL - Here I'll write you a cheque, (writes the cheque). Here you go! good luck!
CLARK - Thank you sir.
[Scene 33]
LORENZO - Hello everyone! despite the issue regarding the original design. I've worked hard into bringing out a new design for our Citrus Phone. I present you the Citrus Phone 5! compiled with applications ranging from messaging all the way to games.
I've added extra messaging apps, gaming apps and music apps. This will give our customers a wide variety of apps to choose from.
DESIGNER #3 - What about calling apps?
CALVIN - Shush!
DESIGNER #2 - Shut up man!
O. CEO - Get out.
DESIGNER #3 - But sir-
O. CEO - Get out!
(Designer #3 leaves)
O. CEO - Sorry Lorenzo, carry on.
LORENZO - So yes like I was saying, I've only made changes software wise. Otherwise the appearance and hardware is adapted from Siddharth's plan.
O. CEO - Good! Good. Any questions from anyone?
DESIGNER #3 - Sir I have a question regarding calling apps.
O. CEO - I said get out! gosh! who cares about calling apps. Now I'm going to make myself very clear, no-one-cares-about-calling-apps! everyone is more into messaging, gaming and listening to music! we give the customers what they want! not what they should move away from, is that understood?!
EVERYONE - Yes sir.
O. CEO - Right then, we're fixing Lorenzo's design. Final! Executive officer, get to work.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - Y-Yes sir.
O. CEO - (Whispers) And don't try any of your funny business hereafter, we've already lost enough to make most of us go mad. If I catch you or anyone else forming a separate group, You won't see the last of your status. You're an Executive officer, you work "Alone" unless I give you any particular instructions. Other than that: You, You and only you.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER - O-Okay sir.
[Scene 34]
RICHARD - Siddharth! we've got the money!
SIDDHARTH - You've got it? great! recruits?
RICHARD - Yes don't worry, we've gotten hold of all them. They've all accepted the job offer.
SIDDHARTH - Great! everything's going well and smoothly.
RICHARD - Now what?
SIDDHARTH - You, Cathy and Clark meet at my place. Hand over the money to me and I'll go to the Parliament house to hand over the money.
RICHARD - Okay, what do we do meanwhile?
SIDDHARTH - (Huge breath relief) Listen Richard, I don't know yet. Salary rights and land are safely in our hands now. Let me sit down for a while and think about our next approach. I know it's hectic but-
RICHARD - I understand Siddharth, sorry for the trouble.
SIDDHARTH - Me too, I'm sorry for getting pissed at you. I'm just all here and there with this. Half the time I even wonder if we're going the right path.
RICHARD - Everything's going well, don't worry. It's not a one man show, we're a team.
SIDDHARTH - Good. So yes, come with the others so we can go as planned.
RICHARD - Okay. (Drops the call) Cathy, Clark!
[Scene 35]
DEREK - Yo Jia Jun you think this is good?
JIA JUN - What software are you using to design the logo?
DEREK - Tinkercad.
JIA JUN - Tinkercad? use Google Sketch Up, it's better.
DEREK - It's fine, Tinkercad also works.
JIA JUN - But you have limited objects to use for your design.
DEREK - If I want to create another shape I can just merge 2 or more shapes together, click the 'group' button to make them into one. Simple!
JIA JUN - Okay then, what have you come up with so far?
DEREK - I have a rough idea, if we know what name to have for our company then it'll give me the big picture.
JIA JUN - Right, I'll get Siddharth. Siddharth!
SIDDHARTH - Yes?
JIA JUN - Me and Derek have only made rough plannings and had a small head start on designing. If you could come up with a name for our company and research institute we'll get the big picture.
SIDDHARTH - Name you ask? well okay then. I really don't know where to start if you ask me like this. Let me see....
DEREK - Let me help you, what are you trying to achieve?
SIDDHARTH - Innovation the world has never seen before, reveal the true and powerful uses of any gadgets, keep the world engaged with humanity.
JIA JUN - Innovation the world has never seen you say, so that means you're going to reveal the rest 90% of creativity to the world.
DEREK - That means infinite possibilities.
SIDDHARTH - Inifinite? that's it! Derek you're a genius!
DEREK - W-What do you mean?
SIDDHARTH - The name of our company! let's call it....Infinity!
JIA JUN - Infinity? Infinity!
DEREK - It just falls in place perfectly.
SIDDHARTH - Yes yes! and it purely explains what we're trying to do. Innovate the world, reach out to infinite possibilities and so on. Good job guys!
JIA JUN - So we're fixing the name Infinity?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, lock it in. I'll let you and everyone else come up with a name for the research institute.
JIA JUN - It'll be better if we start now then later.
RICHARD - Hey Siddharth! we're back!
SIDDHARTH - Well what do you know? you can start.
JIA JUN - Well, that escalated quickly.
DEREK - Everyone! the name of our new design company is Infinity.
CATHY - Infinity? great name.
CLARK - Fits well.
RICHARD - Nice.
SIDDHARTH - You got the money?
RICHARD - Yes, here it is.
SIDDHARTH - Thank you. Now Richard I want you to be in charge of things here while I'm gone. Derek and Jia Jun are working on the logo for the design company, I want you to come up with a name for the research institute with the help of Cathy and Clark.
RICHARD - Got it.
SIDDHARTH - If you're out of options you can always contact our new recruits. It'll be better.
RICHARD - That's a better idea, we'll hear what everyone's thoughts are on the new research institute.
SIDDHARTH - Great, I'll head out now to hand over the money.
RICHARD - Sure thing! bye!
EVERYONE - Bye!
RICHARD - Cathy! call the recruits over.
CATHY - Okay.
[Scene 36]
DAWSON - Thank you sir.
GOVERNOR - My pleasure, come back on Tuesday so we can cover the charges okay?
DAWSON - Sure.
GOVERNOR - Ah, what's your name again?
SIDDHARTH - Siddharth.
GOVERNOR - Ah yes Siddharth, so? you got the money?
SIDDHARTH - Yes sir, here it is (hands over the money, cheque slips).
GOVERNOR - Let me check. I see, you've gotten donations from 5 universities.
SIDDHARTH - Y-Yes.
GOVERNOR - NUS, NTU, ITE, SIT and JCU cheques. Each handing over $1.2 million.
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
GOVERNOR - Did they hand the cheques over to you legally?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
GOVERNOR - Proof?
SIDDHARTH - My crew consists of post-graduates from these five universities. We've gotten approval from each and every Principal of all these universities.
GOVERNOR - Well then, there's nothing stopping you. You've got it!
SIDDHARTH - Thank you sir.
GOVERNOR - Good doing business with you my friend, and now I present you with salary rights.
SIDDHARTH - Oh, thank you sir.
GOVERNOR - I've fixed the salary price, salary for everyone in the design company is $9250 per month. This is excluding the profit amount you make as a bonus. As for everyone in the research institute, the salary is $9975 per month.
SIDDHARTH - Hmm..not bad.
GOVERNOR - And that's how things are looking. I'll inform the construction group and tell them to start construction work.
SIDDHARTH - How long will it take to finish both buildings?
GOVERNOR - Hmm....We'll be building both simultaneously. Research institute, you can expect it to be finished in about one and a half years. The Design company on the other hand can be expected to be completed within two and a half years.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay, t-that's not bad.
GOVERNOR - Indeed sir and I wish you luck on starting your new business.
SIDDHARTH - Thank you once again! (On his phone) Richard, I've gotten salary rights. Constructions are going to start.
RICHARD - That's great, man I can't believe we've come all this way.
SIDDHARTH - Me neither.
RICHARD - How long will it take for constructions to finish?
SIDDHARTH - One and half years for the research institute and two and half years for the design company.
RICHARD - Reasonable. I have a doubt, what if we all get bored of working for this company?
SIDDHARTH - What are you talking about?
RICHARD - I mean because during this gap we'll be working at your place, what if people lose hope.
SIDDHARTH - They won't and do you know why? because within this big gap we're going to do ample research and designing for our products. We're going to give enough importance to this so that the moment we step foot into our new working space we start manufacturing the products and releasing them.
RICHARD - You're great Siddharth. I'm really touched.
SIDDHARTH - Well me too, can't believe things would turn up like this. I'll be home within the next half an hour or so.
RICHARD - Sure.
[Scene 37: One and a half years later]
LORENZO - Sir our profit margin has risen by 1.5%
O. CEO - Really? great! that's really great. You see? this is why you have to think innovative like that young man.
LORENZO - Who Siddharth?
O. CEO - Yes Siddharth, but goodness me he left. Forget that story that was a long time ago. Now look at us, without him our profit margin has risen by 1.5%. What more could we ask for huh?
(Phone rings)
O. CEO - What the?
LORENZO - It's just a phone call sir, attend it.
O. CEO - Hello?
K. CEO - Oi! you think you could just overtake the profit margin just like that?
O. CEO - What are you talking about?
K. CEO - I'm watching you! I saw you overtake my profit margin.
O. CEO - Oh, Oh! hahahah!
K. CEO - Shut your pothole!
O. CEO - Ehem! Winner's don't need to do that, in fact it's you who needs to do it.
K. CEO - Grrr....
O. CEO - Hahaha! oh wait by how much did I overtake you by?
K. CEO - Please don't-
O. CEO - Come on, just tell me.
K. CEO - Please don't, y-you don't k-know what I'll do t-to you.
O. CEO - 5...4...3...2..
K. CEO - 0.3% alright? you overtook me by 0.3%
O. CEO - (Silent)
K. CEO - H-Hello? a-are you still o-on the line?
O. CEO - Hahahahahaa! oh god! oh god! can't stop myself from laughing. You heard that Lorenzo? 0.3%! we overtook Keyls by 0.3%.
LORENZO - Oh my god hahahaha!
O. CEO - Oh great joke, that was. You made my day boss!
K. CEO - Ehem now if you would just-
(cuts the call)
K. CEO - Huh? S**t!
[Scene 38]
CATHY - Siddharth! I love my new working space it's amazing.
SIDDHARTH - You like it? thank you.
CATHY - It's been 2 days since we moved here and it feels wonderful.
SIDDHARTH - Well, eventually we've got to work in a proper working space.
CATHY - Yes, oh and by the way I've gotten statistics about people using gadgets. Information is as of 2015.
SIDDHARTH - Okay then, you may read it out to me.
CATHY - "If you're looking for a job, Chiropractic is the job for you. Yes, chiropractic is the top earning job in the country right after government and entrepreneurship. Chiropractic's are paid $7780 monthly, other than that they earn $5000 profit off the amount of patients that visit them".
SIDDHARTH - $5000?! oh my god! continue.
CATHY - "There are 30 Chiropractic branches in the country, each branch has 5 chiropractics at work. Each branch on average serve 55 patients a day".
SIDDHARTH - 55 patients?! what are people doing to end up at the chiropractic's office?
CATHY - It's coming Siddharth, let me finish this section first. "Most of the patients have problems relating to neck problems and back posture, this results in having spinal problems. A recent survey conducted by the Singapore Health Promotion Board stated that on average 78% of all the 55 patients daily have these problems due to giving too much attention to phones and other gadgets most of the day".
SIDDHARTH - I see.
CATHY - "We now live in an era where the chances of socialising and humanity being extinct is high, even now if we go on the streets toddlers are given access to tablets and phones. Noise levels on MRT trains and buses are low because majority of the people are giving full attention to their screens and not others."
SIDDHARTH - Shocking, really shocking I must say.
CATHY - "The education board compared English results from this year to the year 2000, the results showed a significant gap in the mark percentage. In this country on average students got over 82%. This year on average students are getting only over 60%. This is due to the improper grammar influences by messaging applications. Most importantly many students these days find it hard to write on paper because they're used to typing."
SIDDHARTH - That's how things are going ay?
CATHY - Yes Siddharth, when I was working on this research and case study I was stunned upon encountering these facts. If these keeps on going like the research mentioned, socialising and humanity won't exist. It'll be the Technology era.
SIDDHARTH - (Shocked reaction).
CATHY - People these days are coming up with sophisticated gadgets that aren't even of proper use. They either have no meaning or don't meet our standards, people don't know proper functions of certain gadgets. Like the Citrus Phone for example.
SIDDHARTH - (Nod).
CATHY - Most importantly people are going way too extreme with these things, we even have people building artificial brains and memory. Yes robots.
SIDDHARTH - (Shocked reaction).
CATHY - Robots can put us in danger because we're giving them enough intelligence to counter us. Robots don't have emotions so they won't look at us as creators, their ability of controlling 100% intelligence is no match for us. They will soon take over us and pretty soon we'll be extinct.
SIDDHARTH - No, t-this can't be h-happening. P-People are taking high values for granted these days! metal is not something we can obtain like water from a river. Hardwork! pure hardwork. They can't simply misuse these high value materials, a pencil's rubber covering doesn't need metal! it's pure rubbish!
CATHY - But Siddharth pretty soon you'll be producing gadgets made of metal too, won't that be a waste as well?
SIDDHARTH - It won't because I'm not spoiling people, I'm turning them into humans. I'll incorporate all the simple values and things we did back then into my products. They type using phones? no! make them write using joysticks. That way they'll practice writing. We can't talk anymore? I'll improve on Phone applications, make them better and maybe even cheaper for the people to use. That way they will improve their oral.
CATHY - About the report?
SIDDHARTH - Excellent! you've given us a brisk head start. Given me many thoughts about making gadgets. Thank you.
CATHY - About the research, you're the founder of both buildings right?
SIDDHARTH - Right.
CATHY - If you run both won't you get sacked? people might think you're using biased information to create products. People won't trust us and will shut us down.
SIDDHARTH - Cathy, Cathy, Cathy. I'm the CEO of Infinity Design Company. What's the name you guys came up with again?
CATHY - Cyber.
SIDDHARTH - Ah yes Cyber research institute. That will be run by someone else, not me. The research institute is open for everyone to access like I said that day. Bottom floor's for public and top floor's for you and the crew to work.
CATHY - But who will run Cyber?
SIDDHARTH - How can I put it simply, spell your name.
CATHY - C-A-T-H-Y.
SIDDHARTH - The person running the company is the person's name you just spelled out.
CATHY - Me? oh thank you Siddharth!
SIDDHARTH - My pleasure, and just so that we don't get sacked I've asked the five universities to accept your institute as a sponsor. That way no one can point fingers at us.
CATHY - Great. Thanks again!
[Scene 39]
DEREK - Hey, how's this for a phone design?
JIA JUN - I don't know, what do you think?
DEREK - I can't say it, that's why I'm asking you.
JIA JUN - Fine, phone shaped in a rectangular form. It looks like a biscuit.
DEREK - Well yes that's what I'm trying to achieve. Siddharth told me about the information he collected from Cathy, and how we shouldn't put in too much materials into making phones. I've taken up the concept of a biscuit.
JIA JUN - Fair enough. The back of the phone I believe has ridges for grip?
DEREK - Yes.
JIA JUN - The main colour for the entire phone is Green, why green?
DEREK - Go Green! green makes the customers environment conscious.
JIA JUN - I guess it does, in a way. You've got the camera lens on the top right corner on the back of the phone.
DEREK - Yes.
JIA JUN - And a small circular camera lens on the top middle part on the front of the phone.
DEREK - Yes.
JIA JUN - Nice, it's a touch screen.
DEREK - Not exactly, Siddharth told me to disable typing and using fingers. Which is why I've added a new joystick function. That way people can get used to more writing than typing.
JIA JUN - Oh, wow that's actually smart. Other than that a keypad?
DEREK - Yes, the keypad only has three main buttons. The Center button to go back, left button for call and right button for disable call. Other than that there's the volume control on the side of the phone and the power button on the top of the phone.
JIA JUN - And these are all according to Siddharth's requirements?
DEREK - Yes, I need to finalise this design with him. You want to stick with this design?
JIA JUN - Yes, I'm designing security cameras.
DEREK - Oh cool, you can continue on that. I'll confirm this plan with Siddharth.
JIA JUN - Okay.
[Scene 40]
DEREK - Siddharth!
SIDDHARTH - Yes?
DEREK - I've finished designing our first phone. Do you like it?
SIDDHARTH - Let me take a look. (Browses carefully on every detail) hmm...I have to say I'm really impressed. It just falls right into place. The idea of not using too much materials is applied in this design by making the phone appear like a biscuit. The ridges for proper grip, not too much fancy gadgets and just camera lens. It's great. Oh what do we have here, is it a joystick?
DEREK - Yes sir, if people wish to use their phone for typing or anything else they can't use their fingers, they need to use the joystick. That way like you said they won't lose touch of writing practices.
SIDDHARTH - Excellent! I'm pleased. I'm locking this design in for our first phone. Now leave it to the crew so they can handle the software part.
DEREK - Okay.
SIDDHARTH - You remember the requirements I made about the software don't you?
DEREK - Yes.
SIDDHARTH - No unnecessary applications. Phone call applications should be more convenient to communicate compared to other communication applications. Yes you can have messaging apps, but not the ones that are out already because they require typing with fingers. Make your own messaging app, that requires people using the joystick to write their message.
DEREK - Okay, what about music?
SIDDHARTH - Sure why not?
DEREK - Won't it be unnecessary?
SIDDHARTH - It won't because this will be the only app people can use in case of boredom. ONLY app, no games, no youtube or Web browsing.
DEREK - Okay got it!
[Scene 41]
DEREK - Alright everyone! the phone design has been finalised. We are using this phone design! don't worry if you haven't had a proper glance at it because you'll all receive a CAD copy of this after you've received the following instructions.
Our new assignment is to come up with the software of the phone. Our criterion for developing the software for the phone is as follows: Phone call applications should be more convenient to use as compared to other communication apps. Messaging apps can be used, but it has to be developed by us. We have to develop messaging apps in a way that people rely on joysticks to write their messages out. The phone must not be used by finger typing, only by use of joysticks. Last but not least strictly no unnecessary apps, meaning no games, no Youtube, no Web browsing and so on.
ITE #1 - Does that mean no music as well?
DEREK - Music you're allowed because eventually we'll all become bored when traveling or at any point of time. Like I said before, make the music apps convenient or even the best choice for people to use when bored. An idea is having a mini music library app in the phone. Got the plan?
EVERYONE - Got it!
DEREK - Okay, let's get to work!
[Scene 42: 1 year later]
GOVERNOR - Congratulations Siddharth for moving into your official company building.
SIDDHARTH - Thank you sir.
GOVERNOR - Got any plans for product releases? not too late I hope. Competition is getting pretty heavy these days.
SIDDHARTH - Don't worry about it sir, you can expect the release of our first few products in just a few days, or even a weeks time.
GOVERNOR - Really? but you just moved in.
SIDDHARTH - But we had a huge gap didn't we? made good use of that time to plan everything out so we get straight into manufacturing now.
GOVERNOR - Truly great. Good luck young man!
SIDDHARTH - Thank you sir. Alright everyone! how are you liking the new building?
JIA JUN - Amazing.
DEREK - Love it.
NTU #2 - Good colour choice for working.
EVERYONE - Yes same, the colour, size, everything looks great.
SIDDHARTH - I'm glad that we all came a long way to this stage. SO everyone give yourselves a round of applause!
EVERYONE - (Applause).
SIDDHARTH - Now then moving on! I've informed you all about manufacturing the products we have come up with using statistics given by Cyber as the backbone. Let's review over the products we're going to manufacture.
NUS #2 - The InPhone!
SIDDHARTH - Yes, specialty and function of the phone?
NUS #2 - Shaped like a biscuit, phone call apps are most convenient and reliable compared to messaging or other communication apps. A wide selection of music and songs in our InMusic Library app. Other than that use of camera.
SIDDHARTH - Great! next?
ITE #1 - The InSecurity Camera!
SIDDHARTH - Yes, specialty and function of the camera?
ITE #1 - Unlike other security camera this camera comes in many forms: It can be in a shape of a sphere, thin 2D rectangular or quadrilateral or even in a shape of a pyramid.
SIDDHARTH - Functions?
ITE #1 - Sphere shaped cameras have the ability to locate what's going on within the 360º angle. Otherwise like a navigator. It can be best used in hotels, roads and shops. 2D cameras can have the ability to be out of sight such that no one can see it, best used in banks, airports or even company buildings. Pyramid cameras are able to be fixed on the edges of rooms, the lens can detect what's going on within that one surface area.
SIDDHARTH - Great! what else do we have?
SIT #1 - InV!
SIDDHARTH - Good! functions and speciality?
SIT #1 - It acts like a USB chip. Plug the chip into computers and/or laptops to detect Virus attacks. The InV takes 10 to 20 seconds to detect Virus, it scans and gives full details about the Virus and gives us troubleshooting procedures. Procedures include using functions on InV to kill the Virus.
SIDDHARTH - Great! last but not least we have the?
JCU #2 - The InLap!
SIDDHARTH - Functions and speciality?
JCU #2 - Has the same qualities as the InPhone, like a biscuit. Except the biscuit like material is very strong, the material will not wear out for the next 12-18 years in use. It has a Cushion padding underneath the metal laptop covering to avoid radiation affecting the customers. It has Retina screening such that the light impact it has on our eyesight is as much lesser as compared to other gadgets. The applications and functions of the laptop are quite the same as compared to other laptops except it comes with a writing space and a cursor pad. The writing space like mentioned is used for writing messages or other things on the laptop, cursor is used for controlling the laptop and navigation.
SIDDHARTH  Spot on! By this I can say that you all have worked very hard. The Manufacturing house is in the basement level. The hardware and manufacturing crew have just been newly recruited by me 2 days ago. They're downstairs waiting to begin production. Let's mark this day as our very first proper working day. Let the manufacturing productions begin!
EVERYONE - (Celebrations)
SIDDHARTH - Jia Jun.
JIA JUN - Yes?
SIDDHARTH - I want you and Derek to go around placing banners and promotionals about our upcoming products. Don't forget the Infinity logo.
JIA JUN - Got it! Derek! new assignment!
[Scene 43]
DEREK - Scouting around town I see.
JIA JUN - Placing banners of success.
DEREK - I can't wait to see the response from the customers.
JIA JUN - Me too!
(They place banners all around Marina Bay and Raffles Place and Orchard).
LORENZO - Hello? what's this? Infinity? new company? better tell CEO.
[Scene 44]
O. CEO - Let me get this straight, we have a new competitor.
LORENZO - Yes sir.
O. CEO - By the name of Infinity am I right?
LORENZO - Right sir.
O. CEO - Hmm...strange. So you saw promotional and banners about their company and products huh?
LORENZO - Yes sir, I have a bad feeling about this.
O. CEO - Why is that?
LORENZO - I'm getting a slight urky feeling that Siddharth's behind all this.
O. CEO - What? that piece of crap? nonsense! what's he going to do? what makes you think that he's behind all this?
LORENZO - Look at the phone design the Infinity company is about to release.
O. CEO - (Has a sharp glance at it) Gosh! y-you're r-right. I-It just seems to appear like Siddharth. But, I won't believe it until I see it.
LORENZO - What do you mean sir?
O. CEO - Google Images on the founder of Infinity, and we've got the answer my friend.
LORENZO - Right!
[Scene 45]
CLARK - Hello? Siddharth?
SIDDHARTH - Oh hey! how's it going at Cyber?
CLARK - Going great. Everyday we have huge crowds rushing in to access web browsers for research purposes.
SIDDHARTH - Oh that's great to hear.
CLARK - But there's a problem regarding your company's sales.
SIDDHARTH - What's that?
CLARK - Even if we disable web browsing and other stuff that requires internet, people won't go for our phones. They'll go for other company's phones.
SIDDHARTH - Hmm....so fault lies on 3G and 4G usage. You know what? ask Cathy, she'll know what to do about this.
CLARK - Okay thanks.
SIDDHARTH - Bye!
RICHARD - Hey! got lunch.
SIDDHARTH - Great! thanks!
RICHARD - So what was that about?
SIDDHARTH - Clark is saying that our sales will go down because people will go for company's that allow internet access on phones.
RICHARD - Oh, if only they could disable 3G and 4G.
SIDDHARTH - Yes If only they can- Richard you're a genius!
RICHARD - I am?
SIDDHARTH - Disabling 3G and 4G is a great idea!
RICHARD - We'll get sued for doing that.
SIDDHARTH - Not us, but if Cyber convinces the government to-
RICHARD - Then yes! because they are a reliable source!
SIDDHARTH - Brilliant! I'll tell Cathy immediately! Hello Cathy? (tells her the plan).
CATHY - Got it! Listen up everyone! I want you all to develop a case study on the effects of 3G and 4G, conclusion should end in why it's bad to have them used in public.
[Scene 46]
K. CEO - Infinity? the hell? Hello!
O. CEO - Woah! calm down. What's the issue?
K. CEO - This new company Infinity, that's what!
O. CEO - I know I know, It's so 1 hour ago.
K. CEO - What if this takes-
O. CEO - I don't care.
K. CEO - But-
O. CEO - I said I don't care, now leave me alone! god damn it. Can't work properly with these nimrods disturbing me.
[Scene 47]
NTU #2 - Sir how do you like the first manufactured InPhone?
SIDDHARTH - I-I don't know what to say. It, it's great! I love it! the design has just come to life. Keep on going everyone! it's coming out great! you sir thank you very much.
NTU #2 - Sir if you want you can keep this phone as a memento for your hard work.
SIDDHARTH - Oh is it? thank you very much. I appreciate it. Now let me see the features of the phone (browses through the phone) software is great, the joystick functions don't lag if I'm using it on the phone's writing screen. I can write words very easily, like writing with pen on paper. I love this!
[Scene 48]
MINISTER - So let me get this straight, you want me to disable 3G and 4G.
CATHY - Yes sir.
MINISTER - Meaning the entire country won't be able to access this when in public?
CATHY - Yes sir.
MINISTER - Rubbish! how could you just tell me to disable something more than million people use in the country. Give me reasons why.
CATHY - Sir I know you think we've just begun our own research institute-
MINISTER - That's one reason! you've just started it and the next minute you're telling me to disable 3G and 4G.
CATHY - Sir we've had a huge gap before moving into our institute building.
MINISTER - And why is that?
CATHY - Construction, it was under construction.
MINISTER - Oh, carry on.
CATHY - So yes sir, during that gap we've done ample research and statistic collections.
MINISTER - Well come on! tell them to me, haven't got much time.
(Presents the research and statistics to the Minister, Minister is half shocked upon hearing this and gets goosebumps)
CATHY - And that sir is why I want you to do it.
MINISTER - (Silent)
CATHY - For two reasons: It won't destroy anyone's business in particular because all the phone businesses will be commonly affected. Second reason is that people are already addicted to using this almost everywhere, this is the only way to stop them from doing so.
MINISTER - I-I agree with you, I'm all okay with disabling this 3G and 4G. You did mention how this would damage all the phone businesses in the country right? won't this become a national issue?
CATHY - I'll take care of it sir.
MINISTER - How?
CATHY - My research institute will hold a press meet three days after people have realized the problem and made complains to network companies and phone companies.
MINISTER - Sounds good but what will you tell the public. Network and phone companies will be seeing this on air too.
CATHY - I'll explain the exact same things I said to you to them. I'll say it to them in a way that they'll move away from using 3G and 4G out in public. I don't mind if phone companies and network companies get back-stabbed by this because it's for their own good. They should be able to differentiate which is more important, their health or web browsing.
MINISTER - Spot on! if a press meet is what you want I'll be glad to help you. This is fantastic!
CATHY - Thank you sir.
MINISTER - And I actually mean it, there are times when I go to other countries and see how fast things happen. Not being offensive here but this country is practically slow when on the move! because they're all watching movies and messaging on the go. There's been times where I just want to yell at them but what am I to do, I won't be in the elections for the next run because of my actions. Luckily you're here.
[Scene 49]
S.TEL - Hello?
MINISTER - Disable 3G and 4G usage in public.
S. TEL - W-What?! b-but sir we rely on-
MINISTER - I know I know, it's for everyone's good. Do as I say.
S. TEL - O-Okay sir.
MINISTER - Yes, time now is 11:30am. By noon I want no sign of 3G or 4G on the streets.
S. TEL - Yes sir.
MINISTER - Alert other network communication companies too, and tell them this is an order by the minister.
S. TEL - Okay sir. One doubt sir, all network communication company's profit margin will decrease by a lot if this keeps on. Is it permanent?
MINISTER - Yes this is permanent, no 3G or 4G usage in Singapore, Forever! and don't worry about the profit margin decrease. It'll just happen once when everyone's in shock about losing touch with these things, later on when you get used to it you can find your own way back to the top alright?
S. TEL - Okay sir. Everyone! disable all 3G and 4G usage! this is a permanent move I repeat this is a permanent move, no further questions! order by the minister. No 3G or 4G access to be out by noon!
NET HUB - Close down 3G and 4G access? got it! order by the minister got it.
A1 NET - Closing down 3G and 4G access in 5-4-3-2-1 now!
(all network communications disable 3G and 4G access by pulling the lever)
SHOPPER - Why can't I connect?
SALESMAN - Customer Service! why can't I connect to 3G here?
GIRLFRIEND - Oh come on! I was in the middle of typing something. Damn!
SKATER - Bro what happened to the video you were showing me?
SKATER #2 - Don't know bro! just went off.
SKATER - Something wrong with 4G?
SKATER #2 - Probably.
SKATER - Going to take a few rounds, be back bro.
SKATER #2 - Check ya!
[Scene 50]
NET HUB - Hello? yes sir. Sir please we're all trying to attend to it. Sir remain patient as we're all trying our best.
A1 - Yes I know we realized too ma'am. Listen ma'am if you hang up we can check the trouble.
S. TEL - What are you talking about? the access just went off five minutes ago. Can't you wait for it to come back? Listen I don't care if you were messaging your boyfriend, you can always type it again. Please ma'am we're trying our best to get it back, if you can remain patient we'll do it.
NET HUB - Yes how may I help you?
A1 - I understand ma'am.
S. TEL - We're all in the midst of finding the solution.
NET HUB - When will it come? please be patient sir we're trying our best to retrieve it back.
A1 - Ma'am we too are busy like you so please let us work in peace to find the solution. The faster the better.
S. TEL - God damn it! how long do we have to keep acting like this! this is ridiculous!
[Scene 51]
O. CS - Hello? yes. What? hold on for a second I'll be back. Sir!
O. CEO - What is it?
O. CS - I just got a complaint sir.
O. CEO - Complaint? what is it regarding?
O. CS - 3G and 4G, they can't access it.
O. CEO - (Shocked) What!? h-how can this be? h-how long has this been going on for?
O.CS - 5 hours.
O. CEO - Oh god, well it's just one complaint. It maybe not a major issue.
O. CS - Okay sir, shall I attend to the person and tell him to remain patient?
O. CEO - That's your job right? attend to it.
O. CS - Hello sir? yes sir we're attending to it immediately. What? I never said the same thing over and over. You've only reached this line once, you contacted the others. (Drops the call) hello? how may I help you? what? no 3G and 4G access? when did this happen? 5 hours ago? oh god. Is this an issue for everyone nearby you? okay I'll attend to it at once.
O. CEO - Hello what is it this time?
O. CS - Sir it's an issue everywhere.
O. CEO - How come?
O. CS - Another person contacted me saying that everyone in Marina Bay are panicking about this.
O. CEO - Oh god! this is terrible. Most of my applications rely on those two accesses.
O. CS - What do you suggest we do now?
O. CEO - Call the network communications and ask what's the issue.
O. CS - Yes sir. Hello? S. TEL?
S. TEL - What is it!
O. CS - Oh god! calm down, it's Orange headquarters.
S. TEL - Oh, I'm extremely sorry. What is it?
O. CS - This is regarding 3G and 4G. What's going on with it? phone customers are complaining back to back about this.
S. TEL - Listen we're taking care of it. We're doing our best to get it back.
O. CS - Is it a problem around the island?
S. TEL - Yes, including Sentosa and some of Johor.
O. CS - Oh god! well okay then. Thank you.
[Scene 52]
SIDDHARTH - I see Cathy, you've done it.
CATHY - Yes, is it a good thing?
SIDDHARTH - Of course! I'm not even mad. They're supposed to panic. Have you planned on how to take care of it yet?
CATHY - I'm hosting a press meet in a few days to tell the public about why this happened. They'll be convinced for sure.
SIDDHARTH - You're doing a great job. Keep it up!
CATHY - Thank you! (drops the call) now everyone! we're holding a press meet in a few days. I want you to gather all relevant statistics and research regarding 4G and 3G!
[Scene 53]
K. CEO - No no no no no! I can't take this anymore! why aren't the network communication companies taking care of this?
O. CEO - This-is-ridiculous!
A1 - I can't take this anymore!
NET HUB - I'm going home! I don't care if I don't get paid!
[Scene 54]
NEWS REP - Latest Headlines! 3G and 4G becoming a major issue in the country. It happened 2 days ago and many people are panicking why there isn't access to 3G and 4G.
CROWD #1 - It was just an ordinary day when shopping. All of a sudden I lost access to 4G connection. I thought that there was a minor problem but then I couldn't access it 6 hours later.
CROWD #2 - I was sending out a very important email to someone, I lost connection! unbelievable!
CROWD #3 - I don't normally lose my temper, but this! this is driving me crazy! what can I do to pass time these days?! MRT rides are awfully boring without these connections!
NEWS REP - More over Cyber research institute is holding a press meet today evening to discuss this issue with everyone, hopefully this problem will be solved by the end of today, or even tomorrow. Marylin Koh and you're watching Channel News Asia.
[Scene 55]
SIDDHARTH - You ready for your press meet?
CATHY - Yes, w-will you be there?
SIDDHARTH - Yes I'll be there to support you. But only in the audience.
CATHY - Okay, well it's time for me to start.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay, y-you may proceed.
ANNOUNCER - Cathy of Cyber Research Institute will now commence the press meet. Ladies and Gentlemen I present you Cathy!
AUDIENCE - (Applause).
CATHY - Good evening everyone! I'm the owner of Cyber Research Institute. I started this institute just recently. We've been working towards our first assignment which is finding the cause and effects of 3G and 4G uses, we've received huge readings from our data collection and research.
CNA - Could you please tell us what's going on with 3G and 4G, are you the brains behind this situation?
CATHY - Yes I'm the brains behind this situation.
CROWD - (Raging) (Police comes to control them).
CATHY - Let me finish. I'm doing this for the better of our nation. In this crowd how many of you use phones!
CROWD - (Everyone raises their hand).
CATHY - Hmm.....now let me see how frequently most of you use them. Who barely uses them?
CROWD - (No response).
CATHY - Who uses it sometimes!
CROWD - (5 hands go up).
CATHY - Who uses it quite often?
CROWD - (100 hands go up).
CATHY - Who uses it very frequently? be honest please.
CROWD - (More than 300 people raise their hand).
CATHY - I see. Now how many of you have experienced neck pain and spinal problems due to bad postures?
CROWD - (Most of the crowd raises their hands).
CATHY  - How many of you have been to a chiropractic to get your problems rectified?
CROWD - (Same number of people as mentioned previously).
CATHY - Now last but not least what job do you all think is top earning in this country right after government and entrepreneurship?
PERSON #1 - Surgeon!
CATHY - No. Anyone else?
PERSON #2 - Scientist!
CATHY - No. Anyone else?
PERSON #3 - Engineer!
CATHY - Not even close. Last chance!
PERSON #4 - Professor!
CATHY - No! give up? the answer is Chiropractic!
CROWD - (Gasp and confused reactions).
CATHY - What? can none of you believe it? yes Chiropractic is the most top earning job in this country after government and entrepreneurship.
CNN - And why is that? could you elaborate?
CATHY - When I asked all the phone users in the crowd about who consults a chiropractic nearly most of the crowd raised their hands. According to research statistics done by my institute: there are 30 Chiropractic branches in the country, each branch has 5 chiropractics at work. Each branch on average serves 55 patients a day.
Most of the patients have problems relating to neck problems and back posture, this results in having spinal problems. A recent survey conducted by the Singapore Health Promotion Board stated that on average 78% of all the 55 patients daily have these problems due to giving too much attention to phones and other gadgets most of the day.
CROWD - (Shocked reaction, including press).
CATHY - Chiropractics are paid $7780 monthly. Other than that on average they earn $5000 profit off the amount of patients that visit them.
BBC - When is this information last cited?
CATHY - January 2015. Now my next question, how many of you talk with others when in public? how many of you talk with your friends face to face? either on the MRT, Bus, Taxi or even on the flight?
CROWD - (Some 50 people raise their hands).
CATHY - Funny you know? you're surrounded by so many people, in a tiny cramped island. People are basically just 2 footsteps away from you, and yet you can't bother to ask who they are or even talk with them. Not on the phone or tablet, but face to face.
We now live in an era where the chances of socialising and humanity being extinct is high, even now if we go on the streets toddlers are given access to tablets and phones. Noise levels on MRT trains and buses are low because majority of the people are giving full attention to their screens and not others.
Now tell me, even you can't be bothered to talk. Can you imagine a society where children are given phones immediately after delivery?!
CROWD - (feeling ashamed and silent).
CATHY - Who knows what love is? love is not messaging each other back to back using phones! it's being face to face with someone who you love, to develop a stronger relationship. If you're a guy or girl having a relationship on your phones I'm sorry to break it to you, you're having a relationship with your phone! not your man or woman!
CROWD - (Silent).
CATHY - I remember those times when I was 5 walking along Orchard Rd, seeing many happy couples sharing cups of coffee and talking and having fun. Now I'm seeing couples sharing fun times together on their phones! and what's even more annoying is the fact that they're both messaging each other on the phone when they're just a few steps away from each other! how stupid do you all think that is? is this love or what?
Don't let anything get in between your love, and it's not only for love! it's also for friendship, family and others too. Talk people talk! don't waste time messaging! because there's an entire population waiting on the back of you to get on the move. People want to get to places because of urgent business, you can't be on your phone messaging someone on the move! you're putting the entire country behind. Sort of like a traffic jam.
TV AUDIENCE - (Stunned reaction).
CATHY - If you want to talk with someone talk on the phone! that's what it's for, no need to waste time typing a single word. Talk! Talk! Talk! it's easier and faster and you can do it on the move! Phone's are meant for calling uses not messaging, gaming, or even email purposes! this is a phone, a god damn phone not Vivo City!
TV AUDIENCE - (Shocked reaction, silent).
CNA - What point are you trying to make here exactly?
CATHY - Don't you get it? Don't-misuse-phones! you're all misusing them. I'm serious! Internet is meant Laptops and Computers, games are meant for game consoles like XBOX and Nintendo, email is again meant for laptop and computer.
Funny thing you know? if you have everything in your tiny phone then why do you all need computers, tablets and games. Why do all need a house in the first place! huh? You have an application store in your phone don't you? go store yourselves in it, waiting for someone to install you.
CROWD - (Silent and shocked).
CATHY - The education board compared English results from this year to the year 2000, the results showed a significant gap in the mark percentage. In this country on average students got over 82%. This year on average students are getting only over 60%. This is due to the improper grammar influences by messaging applications. Most importantly many students these days find it hard to write on paper because they're used to typing.
STUDENTS ON ROAD - (Silent and ashamed).
CATHY - That's the customers covered, this next part is aimed towards those who make these sophisticated gadgets. It's your job to design something people should use! not spoiling them. Do-not-brainwash-the true-meaning-of-each-individual-gadget! I just mentioned how there's an entire Vivo City in a phone these days. Phones are not malls! they are meant for calling purposes.
CNN - But this is the future, you expect us to use old-fashioned phones?
CATHY - Hello? ever heard of innovation? innovate people innovate! there are lots of youngsters out there that have an even wilder imagination compared to everyone present in here! this isn't a say-so this is a fact! all youths are more innovative and creative as ever. This is one area of people creators can look up to, learn from the youths and their wild imaginations. Don't brainwash the true meaning of each and everything.
These days you people are making things that are totally irrelevant for our uses. A total waste of money. Yes, I'm talking about artificial intelligence.
CROWD - (Gasp).
TV AUDIENCE - (Gasp).
CATHY - We have people building artificial brains and memory. Yes that means robots.
CROWD - (Bigger gasp).
CATHY - Robots can put us in danger because we're giving them enough intelligence to counter us. Robots don't have emotions so they won't look at us as creators, their ability of controlling 100% intelligence is no match for us. They will soon take over us and pretty soon we'll be extinct.
TV AUDIENCE - (Few tears).
CATHY - And that's what we have people working on these days. People can't find other ways to improve our lives so what do they do next? they create a new set of species to replace us!
If this keeps on going like I mentioned earlier on, socialising and humanity won't exist. It'll be the Technology era! is that what you all want?
Is there still hope for us to stop this? yes there is. Follow these procedures: Think more than twice before you buy a gadget at a store. Is it worth it? will it be of good use? will I benefit off it? Secondly talk! talk with others. Many of you don't realize how wonderful it is to talk. I've been talking about this issue effectively to you all, the message might've reached you like a 1000W lightning. But imagine yourselves reading my huge talk through messaging applications, would you still feel the effectiveness of it? No! you'll feel like reading it off a robot's eye.
Talking is more effective than messaging. One last thing: You are all human! act like them. Humans are given a quality which none other species have on this planet, the ability to communicate in many different languages, share joy and happiness and so on. Don't leave this behind for robot life. Thank you.
PRESS - Ma'am please one more question (back to back question blabbers while she walks off).
[Scene 56]
O. CEO - S**t!
K. CEO - S**t!
S. TEL - So much for the build-up!
NET HUB - Damn! no more profits for us!
(Cathy is seen on TV having a conversation with Siddharth)
SIDDHARTH - Great job Cathy! it really, I must say was so touching.
CATHY - What? in a lovely way?
SIDDHARTH - No in a powerful way, see that's the word I was looking for. You really struck a lightning into them. I'm proud of you.
CATHY - Thanks Siddharth, let's hope things go well hereafter.
O. CEO - Wait hold on?! is that who I think it is?
MR. STALL - Sir, is that?
O. CEO - Siddharth! god damn it! he's up to something. But wait? we don't know who he is? Mr. Stall search up Siddharth on LinkedIn!
MR. STALL - Yes sir! (browses about him on LinkedIn) Sir he's the CEO of Infinity.
O. CEO - I knew it! I thought something was fishy around here! I see this little cheek has started his own empire, teamed up with this Cathy of Cyber to stop our sales so he can get the clear sweep.
MR. STALL - Sir you don't think that he will-
O. CEO - Exactly! and that's what his master plan is about, I think. We'll wait and see what happens, if the sales go down I'm getting the better of that cheek!
K. CEO - (On the phone) Oi! who is that guy talking to Cathy?
O. CEO - Siddharth. You remember the guy who came for an interview, previously worked for me.
K. CEO - Oh yes, who is he? a VIP or what?
O. CEO - CEO of Infinity.
K. CEO - Oh s**t! that's who he is! that cheeky skunk formed his own empire and is trying to get the better of us?
O. CEO - If that's what he's trying to do.
K. CEO - What do you say we team up and destroy this fool! who does he think he is? does he know what he's up against?
O. CEO - Calm down, calm down. I've already planned out the entire scenario, the moment both of our sales go down we'll confirm this master plan of his and go for him.
K. CEO - Done!
O. CEO - That idiot! trying to back-stab us is he? we'll see about that.
[Scene 57]
DEREK - Oh yes!
JIA JUN - Wow! some speech ay?
RICHARD - You said it! let me call her. Hello Cathy?
CATHY - Hey how are you doing?
RICHARD - Forget about me, that was some heck of a speech.
CATHY - Thank you.
RICHARD - I'm serious. I could feel your sound waves and vibrations all the way here.
CATHY - Oh jeez.
RICHARD - But yes, loved it! I went outside to get some fresh air. I saw this guy walking out of his flat shivering all over.
CATHY - What happened then?
RICHARD - I took out my phone and was about to take a picture of that funny bloke, but I couldn't.
CATHY - Why not?
RICHARD - Because he said "Don't man! it's dangerous".
CATHY - What? the phone?
RICHARD - That's how much you've reached them.
CATHY - Woah! I'm going to go home and take a nap. Siddharth said I'm done for the day.
RICHARD - Sweet! catch you later!
[Scene 57]
O. SHOP SELLER - Hi ma'am how can I help you?
CUSTOMER #1 - Yes I'm actually looking for a phone.
O. SHOP SELLER - Phone? okay ma'am which version?
CUSTOMER #1 - Citrus Phone 4.
O. SHOP SELLER - Right this way ma'am. Yes here it is.
CUSTOMER #1 - Hmm...It's good! Can you tell me about the applications on the phone?
O. SHOP SELLER - The Citrus Phone 4 is compiled with apps ranging from music apps all the way to messaging apps. We have Pulp Tunes, Whatsapp, App store, Web browser, contacts book and so on.
CUSTOMER #1 - Are these all the default applications?
O. SHOP SELLER - Yes ma'am.
CUSTOMER #1 - So once bought I can't delete them off the phone?
O. SHOP SELLER - Technically......no, no you can't.
(Customer leaves the store)
O. SHOP SELLER - Hello Hello! wait ma'am. You haven't made your decision yet.
CUSTOMER #1 - I have actually.
O. SHOP SELLER - What is it ma'am?
CUSTOMER #1 - I'm going for another store.
O. SHOP SELLER - Okay, come again!
CUSTOMER #1 - Not coming again!
O. SHOP SELLER - (Confused) Strange, oh well.
[Scene 58]
K. SHOP SELLER - Hi sir welcome to Keyls Center!
D. SHOP SELLER - Hi sir welcome to Dimato Center!
C. SHOP SELLER - Hi ma'am welcome to Chysmak Center!
CUSTOMER #2 - I'm looking for a phone.
CUSTOMER #3 - I'm looking for a phone.
CUSTOMER #4 - I'm looking for a phone.
ALL SHOP SELLERS - (In Chorus ) Right this way.
ALL CUSTOMERS - (In Chorus) What are the default applications?
K. SHOP SELLER - Keltunes.
D. SHOP SELLER - Whatsapp.
C. SHOP SELLER - App store.
K. SHOP SELLER - Web browser.
ALL CUSTOMERS - (In Chorus) No thanks, I'll be off now.
ALL SHOP SELLERS - (In Chorus) But why?
CUSTOMER #2 - Many unwanted applications.
CUSTOMER #3 - Not what I'm looking for.
CUSTOMER #4 - A waste of money for applications that I don't want.
[Scene 59]
O. STORE OWNER - So how was today's sales?
K. STORE OWNER - What? no sales?
D. STORE OWNER - The heck?? how come?
C. SHOP SELLER - They all didn't like the default applications so they just left.
K. SHOP SELLER - Worst of all they didn't even come back!
D. SHOP SELLER - They always come back to check if it's the right decision.
O. SHOP SELLER - They just turned and went!
(All store owners collapse on their rolling chairs in the store, semi-paralyzed)
[Scene 60]
MR. STALL - Sir we had no sales yesterday.
O. CEO - (Shocked) What?! n-n-no s-sales?
MR. STALL - Yes sir, from 6:30am till 11:00pm.
O. CEO - (Collapses on his rolling chair) I-I-I need aspirin! somebody! get me my aspirin!
SECRETARY - Coming sir!
O. CEO - (Panics while taking his aspirin) this this this can't be happening! I-I mean the press meet was just two days ago. H-How could it-
MR. STALL - Sir that Cathy struck a lightning into everyone.
SECRETARY - Now each person is being money conscious when buying products.
MR. STALL - Especially if the products have useless default applications.
O. CEO - (Slaps Mr. Stall in anger) Mind it! (sits back down on his chair) well, I did say I would get him back didn't I? now then where was I?
MR. STALL - Sir who are you calling?
O. CEO - Keyls.
MR. STALL - For what?
O. CEO - We're teaming up.
MR. STALL - What the hell? but sir w-we are sworn enemies! y-you can't team up with that sheep!
O. CEO - Yes, we are sworn enemies and we will stay put like that. But if in any case a third enemy comes in between us, it would be stupid if we both keep fighting, because during that gap the third enemy would take it all. I'm not letting that happen. We want to destroy that fool! I want to destroy that fool!
K. CEO - Hello? yes...yes...okay I'm on my way!
O. CEO - His headquarters is in Changi Tech park, meet you there.
[Scene 61]
INFINITY GUARD - Stop right there? who are you?
K. CEO - (Aggressive) who are we?!
INFINITY GUARD - Woah! hold it there chump. Who are you and who are you meeting up with?
O. CEO - We're umm.....from the parliament.
K. CEO - Huh? yes yes yes we're um from the parliament. Here to collect tax from Mr. Siddharth.
INFINITY GUARD - Tax huh? okay you may go in.
(They enter the building)
INFINITY GUARD - Man! a couple of sour pusses ay! do I look like a complete fool to them? (takes his walkie talkies out) Hello Siddharth? yes CEO of Orange and Keyls are here to meet you.
LOBBY ASSISTANT - Hello! how may I help you?
O. CEO - Umm.....Siddharth's office?
LOBBY ASSISTANT - Siddharth's office? yes 3rd floor and walk all the way to the end and it's the office to your left.
O. CEO - Thank you.
(They go up the elevator and go down the hallway meeting crew members along the way, they stare at the CEO's with a suspicious look)
RICHARD - (On the phone) Siddharth they're here man, I just passed them. Keep your guard man.
SIDDHARTH - Got it. Don't let anyone in my office for the next hour or so.
RICHARD - Okay. Everyone! Siddharth's is having an important meeting for an hour or so, don't disturb!
[Scene 61]
SIDDHARTH - Yes come in.
(They enter)
SIDDHARTH - Oh s-sir, w-what a surprise.
K. CEO - Shut your gob!
SIDDHARTH - What?
O. CEO - I gave you a seat in my company, you left and now you're trying to kick our dirty asses off?!
SIDDHARTH - Sir please understand that-
K. CEO - What's there to understand? do you know how much your dirty press meet has affected us?
SIDDHARTH - My press-
O. CEO - No sales for an entire day, this was the day after. T-This is just crazy.
SIDDHARTH - Sir, first of all that wasn't my press meet. It's Cathy's press meet.
K. CEO - We know your plans Mister! you and that Cathy of Cyber have put up a big master plan to drop our sales margin so that when you come in you could get the clear sweep!
SIDDHARTH - Clear sweep?
K. CEO - Yes your heard me! now come on? what do you have to say for yourself?
SIDDHARTH - (Silent).
O. CEO - Ha-ha-hahahaha!
K. CEO - Hahahahaaa, chicken! buk buk buk buk buk!
O. CEO - Now you're totally blocked Siddharth, I can go to the Police any time and report this issue.
K. CEO - Yes you'll be suspended for a few months, having to pay fines. By the looks of it you've already spent loads for building this foundation.
SIDDHARTH - You'll report me?!
O. CEO - (Silent).
SIDDHARTH - You'll get me suspended?!
K. CEO - (Silent).
SIDDHARTH - Either of you two have the courage to do that? come on, right now put a phone call through to the police. Ha! scandals, coming to my company, in my office trying to report me. Hahahaha!
K. CEO - Oi! you think we're you're daily sunny side eggs? we will and I mean we will get you locked in.
SIDDHARTH - Okay then, I have a challenge for you. If you win the challenge I'll go by your wish and get locked up and all. But if you lose, you'll know what's coming for you.
K. CEO - What should the stakes be for us?
O. CEO - If we win you get locked up and return 3G and 4G preferences back to the country.
SIDDHARTH - Done, challenge accepted? or not?
CEO's - (Look at each other) Yes!
SIDDHARTH - Good! I'm going to first ask you a question. It's awfully quite simple, related to what you guys are doing right now.
O. CEO - hehehe.
SIDDHARTH - But let's see if you can answer them. First question: There are two gadgets, Gadget A and Gadget B. They both contain the same number of applications, have the same type of applications, the uses of it are the same except one is bigger than the other. Which one is which?
K. CEO - Huh? what kind of question is this?
O. CEO - How the hell do we answer this?
SIDDHARTH - I don't know, you tell me? I'll give you a hint: Both of you have produced these two products.
O. CEO - Hmm....phone and tablet?
SIDDHARTH - Correct!
K. CEO - Yes!
SIDDHARTH - But...you only got that part right. You didn't tell me which is which gadget.
O. CEO - Which is which.....god damn this!
K. CEO - (Whispers) how do we do this?
SIDDHARTH - Oh don't mind me.
O. CEO - I don't get it either, wait is there another set of stuff coming along this challenge as well?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
K. CEO - So if we fail this part and get the other parts correct we win?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
O. CEO - Let's skip this.
SIDDHARTH - Skip this?
K. CEO - Yes.
SIDDHARTH - Okay this question you're wrong. Next question: Both of you have produced phones and tablets right?
O. CEO - Yes? what about it?
SIDDHARTH - Can you tell me the special function of a tablet?
K. CEO - Ha! HA! such an easy question. It's like 1 plus 1.
SIDDHARTH - Ehem, what's it specially used for?
O. CEO - What's...it used for?
K. CEO - Huh?
SIDDHARTH - Well? what's it used for?
O. CEO - Umm....you can play games on tablets.
SIDDHARTH - Nope! that's why we have game consoles like Nintendo, PlayStation, XBOX and so on.
K. CEO - B-But-
SIDDHARTH - Well? come on! I'm all ears.
K. CEO - Umm....watch videos, yes watch videos!
SIDDHARTH - Nope! you can watch videos on laptops, computers and on TV.
O. CEO - Umm...Listen to music?
SIDDHARTH - Umm....let me see, uh no! you can listen to music on MP3 players or on your phones.
K. CEO - Well? what is it used for?
SIDDHARTH - You're asking me? you created these products not me. I'm just testing you to see if you know what it's for.
O. CEO - (Silent).
SIDDHARTH - You can call with your tablets but that's why we have phones! you can play games with your tablets but that's why we have gaming consoles! you can watch videos but that's why we have TV's and Computers! you can listen to music but that's why we have MP3 players.
K. CEO - (Silent).
SIDDHARTH - What's the point of producing a product that has no individual speciality? it's just ridiculous.
O. CEO - What're you talking about? people love it!
SIDDHARTH - Oh they love it! let me give you a case scenario. You have a quality that no one else has, in fact everyone has their own qualities that no one in the world has. But imagine if everyone was just a clone of you, wearing the exact same clothing, deodorant, eating the same food and having the same looks. Would life be interesting?
K. CEO - Well yes because there are people who understand you better.
SIDDHARTH - Yes they do, but within the next few days I can guarantee you that life is just drop-dead-boring! you will just expect what you always expect! everyday! diversity! nature chose diversity for us to make life interesting and wondrous for all of us. You must do the same too.
O. CEO - But-
SIDDHARTH - Eating Cheese pizza with Parmesan cheese flakes with cheese melting is not a good, at all! whereas eating Pizza topped with a variety of veggies and meat going along with chilli sauce, it makes eating a pleasure. Make-leisure-a-pleasure-too!
K. CEO - You're giving us advice on how to run a business? we're more successful than you are!
O. CEO - Yeah!
SIDDHARTH - Okay then, you're right you have a successful business. You can go back to running your company with no sales from this point on, selling boring old waste gadgets and giving your people low wages. Go on!
K. CEO - What are you saying?
SIDDHARTH - You saw what happened? one press meet just one press meet! and you had no sales the next day! now just imagine your status within the next few weeks, no not weeks lets says months or years.
O. CEO - Umm...
SIDDHARTH - Out of the league! you lose! what do you say to that?
K. CEO - What's the last test you were going to give us?
SIDDHARTH - Oh that? yes yes. Now take out your phones.
O. CEO - Take out our...for what?
SIDDHARTH - I'll tell you, come with me to the hallway.
K. CEO - (Confused).
SIDDHARTH - You see this busy hallway, very closed in and many people walking by right? I want you to walk down to the very end of the hallway I'll time you.
K. CEO - Okay? I guess!
(they walk confidently to the very end of the hallway)
SIDDHARTH - Great you're back, I timed you while you went to that end. It took you 20 seconds to reach the end, now I want you to walk to the very end of the hallway while looking down on your phone.
O. CEO - What!! h-how do we-
SIDDHARTH - Come on! you've already lost both challenges, win this one challenge and I'll declare my defeat. Remember to win this challenge you'll either have to go faster than this time or match this time, get higher than this time. Then you'll know what's coming.
K. CEO - C-Can we peek out?
O. CEO - Shush!
SIDDHARTH - Good good I was just getting to that, look down on your phones and don't peek out. Bump into anyone, any wall or fall and injure yourself, I win!
K. CEO - Unfair this is totally unfair!
SIDDHARTH - Okay then, looks like you don't want your 3G and 4G back.
O. CEO - Fine we'll do it!
(They speed walk cautiously but bump into many people)
SIDDHARTH - Stop! I win!
O. CEO - Hey Hey Hey you can do this to us!
SIDDHARTH - I just did, you remember the deal don't you?
K. CEO - Yes now what is it you want us to do for you?
O. CEO - $60K.
K. CEO - No wait $100K.
SIDDHARTH - Oi! no! no money! because, I'll be making loads of money anyway. You can keep your retirement money to yourselves. It'll be useful for you. Now then, since you lost I only have one condition to make: Compete.
O. CEO - Compete? t-that's it?
SIDDHARTH - When I mean compete I want you both to make your way back to the top. You're sales have gone down tremendously, you have 3 days to do so.
K. CEO - 3 Days? what's with the 3 days?
SIDDHARTH - Because on the third day I'm releasing my products. My phones, security camera's, USB Protections and laptops.
CEO's - (Shocked).
SIDDHARTH - The people already by the looks of it are convinced to buy products that are worth it. I know what I'm doing and how to grab the customers. Question is, are you ready?
O. CEO - Oh we'll show you, we'll break you!
RICHARD - Siddharth! Products are ready for the market!
SIDDHARTH - Well? there you have it! you may leave.
(CEO's mad at Siddharth and snitch at Richard)
RICHARD - Man a couple of sour pusses.
SIDDHARTH - That's what he said.
[Scene 62]
CLARK - Hi ma'am how can I help you?
MA'AM - It's my son Jeffrey, you see he's doing research for his big presentation on Volcanoes. You know where I can find books or proper sources on the web?
CLARK - Right this way ma'am. Let's leave the book out of this, here we have the biggest library in the world: The Internet. If you search one thing up you get millions of sources answering what you're looking for.
MA'AM - But how do you know if it's a trusted site, as in proper website, author, up to date information and all? my son's teacher is very strict with the information used so...
CLARK - Don't worry about that I'll teach you a trick, come here Jeffrey. Now what is it you wanted to search about volcanoes?
JEFFREY - Umm....about what makes a volcano erupt.
CLARK - What causes a volcanic eruption right? okay simple pimple. So what you do is go on the web browser, type in causes of volcanic eruptions, before entering that in type this key in ":." it's a colon and a full stop, put it in front of the text.
MA'AM - What's the use of doing that?
CLARK - If we blankly search up causes of volcanic eruptions you can get information from not only trustworthy websites but also untrustworthy websites. We want information from trusted websites, basically what happens is that once you enter this function along with what you want to search (clicks search) all the listed sources are from trusted websites. You can see for yourself.
MA'AM - Wow! this is amazing. Yale University, Geography.net, Greenfield Geography, BBC, it's great.
CLARK - I personally love using this function when doing research because it saves me time from going through millions of sites checking if they are trusted or not.
MA'AM - Yes thank you, it's been of great help. What do you say Jeffrey?
JEFFREY - Thank you.
CLARK - Haha my pleasure.
MA'AM - And um...one more thing. How long do we get to use the computer for?
CLARK - We have about 40-60 computers in this building specially for public, maximum 1 hour. If you want to extend your time you have to pay extra.
MA'AM - Well we probably won't need an hour or longer, just for future reference what would the fare be for extended time?
CLARK - 10¢/half an hour.
MA'AM - Why that's not bad actually. Thanks once again.
CLARK - My pleasure.
[Scene 63]
WALKER #1 - (Reads a banner at Raffles City) InStore, 3 days to go. Is this is a new appliance store or what?
WALKER #2 - Nah it's a new Gadget company like Orange and Keyls.
WALKER #1 - Really?
WALKER #2 - I saw ads and banners about the new InPhone and other stuff being released by these guys.
WALKER #1 - Great! finally! I was hoping it would take me ages to replace my phone.
WALKER #2 - Why, is it broken?
WALKER #1 - My phone bills that's what. I have so many unnecessary apps in this phone, and they're all default apps so I can't delete them. Waste of money!
WALKER #2 - Oh, well that explains. Same with me, sort of. I've been searching for other phone options to reduce my phone bills, can't find one. Not even Dimato.
[Scene 64]
O. CEO - In two days-
K. CEO - Siddharth is-
O. CEO - Releasing his-
K. CEO - Products to public.
O. CEO - We've got to come up with something.
K. CEO - Anything! that could counter his sales.
O. CEO - I want him destroyed!
K. CEO - I want him to be shattered!
O. CEO - Let's-
K. CEO - Get to-
CEO's - Work!
[Scene 65]
(Designers in Orange working hard, pressurized by both the CEO and Lorenzo)
(Same scenario with Keyls)
O. CEO - Done?
LORENZO - Done.
K. CEO - Time to send it over!
[Scene 66]
(Public read the news paper)
PERSON #1 - Let's see, hey guys! look at this! Orange, Keyls and now Infinity, joining in to compete for this season.
PERSON #2 - New Citrus Phone! New KelPhone! and oh what's this? new InPhone?
PERSON #1 - A new phone by a new company, Infinity.
PERSON #2 - Oh, well I'll say. Are you in?
PERSON #1 - Yes.
PERSON #2 - Call the others.
PERSON #1 - Got it! (dials) Hey did you hear?
(Phone calls about this news spreads around the entire country quickly, back to back)
[Scene 67]
(Many people lined up outside the Orange, Keyls and Infinity stores)
PERSON #4 - (Yawning) Yo what time is it?
PERSON #5 - (Yawning) Hmm.....5:30am.
PERSON #6 - What?! still?
PERSON #4 - Oi! it's us who are more concerned. We've been waiting out here for about an hour or so. You just showed up half an hour ago.
PERSON #6 - Well, that escalated quickly.
PERSON #5 - I'm taking a cat nap, wake me up when they open the shutters.
PERSON #4 - Sure thing, taking shifts right?
PERSON #5 - Yep.
[Scene 68]
POLICE OFFICER - (On his walkie talkie) Hello? yes...big malls like Vivo City, Nex and Raffles City are full of people. They're all waiting outside the Keyls, Orange and Infinity stores, control? no problem sir! sure will do. Alright troop! arrange for crowd control near the store entrances, line controls and so on.
CONSTABLES - Got it! round up everyone!
CONSTABLE #1 - Get me the queue lines! yep four of them!
PERSON #10 - The heck with it?
PERSON #9 - Just the police, setting up the queue lines.
PERSON #10 - But it's only 6, Keyls store opens at 7:30.
PERSON #9 - Calm down bro, I'll let you know.
PERSON #8 - I feel like a refugee.
PERSON #7 - You new to these things?
PERSON #8 - Yes.
PERSON #7 - Get used to it chump. If you want to get your hands on it first, these are the things you'll have to do.
PERSON #8 - Well, I'm going to go get some breakfast.
PERSON #7 - You mean you didn't bring any from home?
PERSON #8 - McDonald's is just right across. A cup of coffee and a big breakfast will do.
PERSON #7 - Suit yourself, the person behind you will take your spot.
PERSON #8 - What? it's not like you guys brought in packed breakfast.
PERSON #7 - Actually, I did. See?
PERSON #8 - Sick! what's that?
PERSON #7 - Pocket hash brown and scrambled egg.
PERSON #8 - Oh god.
PERSON #7 - Not just me, everyone else too.
PERSON #15 - Sausage n buns in my bag!
PERSON #11 - Bread n eggs in my shirt!
EVERYONE - (In Chorus) Same!
[Scene 69]
SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) So, you're ready?
O. CEO - You bet I am.
K. CEO - Better than ever.
SIDDHARTH - Great. Let's see who wins, and who loses.
(CEO's get mad)
O. CEO - You joined my company, you left a heck of a trail behind.
K. CEO - You tried to join my company too, and more over you're trying to destroy us.
O. CEO - Mark our words Siddharth. We-Will-Destroy you!
K. CEO - We-Will-Shatter you into pieces of thin glass.
O. CEO - And you-
K. CEO - My friend-
O. CEO - Will rue this-
K. CEO - event one day!
(Silence)
SIDDHARTH - Ha, hahahahaha! (wears his sunglasses) challenge accepted!
                                 (INTERMISSION)
[Scene 70]
O. STORE OWNER - Alright everyone! single file! no cuts! in an orderly fashion everyone!
(Crowd rushing back into the line in their order)
K. STORE OWNER - Neatly! single file! 35% discount for first-come purchasers, this is as of now until 8:30am!
I. ASSISTANT - Hi how may I help you?
K. ASSISTANT - Right this way sir.
O. ASSISTANT - Features of the new phone are awfully simple.
(Back to back voices of store assistants helping the customers)
CUSTOMER #1 - What are the features of this phone?
CUSTOMER #2 - Up to how many Gigabytes can it hold?
CUSTOMER #3 - What are the main uses of this phone?
O. ASSISTANT - We have added a ridged body to the back of the Citrus phone, we have phone call applications, memo pad apps. Other than that we have the camera option and messaging option.
K. ASSISTANT - This phone can hold up to 64 Gigabytes.
I. ASSISTANT - The primary use of our InPhone is to make phone calls because that's what phones are meant for. Other than that we do have messaging applications, messaging applications are different as compared to others. The phone comes with a joystick, the purpose of the joystick is to navigate and write your messages out, rather than typing. Other than that we have a huge music library for leisure purposes.
CUSTOMER #3 - Will the music be up to date? and one more thing, how does writing messages with joysticks help?
I. ASSISTANT - Yes it'll be up to date. It saves more time as compared to typing, typing on the phone is slower than writing what you want to say. But bare in mind that phone call applications on this phone are the most convenient. Phone calling applications give details about making local and international calls, call charges. Promotional discounts if you're a frequent phone app user and so on.
CUSTOMER #2 - What's with all the free space? you're only giving us 10 applications.
K. ASSISTANT - T-That is, you see you can always install more applications.
CUSTOMER #2 - But where's the app store? you don't have it here.
K. ASSISTANT - (Silent and feeling a bit guilty).
CUSTOMER #2 - I'm out of here. Guys! no point getting phones here, a big waste of money I tell you! I'm going over to Orange!
CUSTOMER #1 - Is that all you've got? is this what we've waited for eagerly?
O. ASSISTANT - Well sir you have to understand that-
CUSTOMER #1 - No! over it! I'm over it! I'm out. Guys! it's pointless here! I'm going over to Keyls!
CUSTOMER #3 - I love it! it's perfect! what's the price?
I. ASSISTANT - Usual selling price is $975. Now because you're one of our first purchasers you get a 25% discount. So that'll be $731.25.
CUSTOMER #3 - Great! and it's at a decent price. You've got it!
I. ASSISTANT - Thank you sir, lets take care of the charges at the cashier.
[Scene 71]
CUSTOMER #2 - Hey are the phones good there?
CUSTOMER #3 - Bullshit! it sucks! it's like plastic in gold.
CUSTOMER #15 - Seriously? so we walked all the way from the Keyls store here and this is what we get?
CUSTOMER #75 - Forget that, how's the new Citrus Phone?
CUSTOMER #7 - That's the reason why we're not buying there. It's the same case scenario. Total waste!
CUSTOMER #95 - What option are we left with now?
EVERYONE - Infinity!
[Scene 72]
CUSTOMER #45 - Oi! is the new phone good?
CUSTOMER #3 - Is it good? it's amazing!
CUSTOMER #1 - Really?
CUSTOMER #3 - Yes I mean just look! no lag, a huge music library that's up to date with new album and song releases. A joystick to navigate and for writing messages out.
CUSTOMER #7 - Write messages?
CUSTOMER #3 - Better than typing them, it's faster. That's not all, the phone applications are so convenient, it gives full details about making international and local calls, call charges and best of all it gives us promotional discounts if we're a frequent phone app user on this phone.
CUSTOMER #55 - Woah! this-is-AWESOME! I'm going for it!
EVERYONE - YES!
(Everyone rushes into the Infinity stores to get their new phones)
I. STORE OWNER - Oh-My-God! (Calls someone) Siddharth! we're having a heck of a sale here.
SIDDHARTH - Really? how many people?
I. STORE OWNER - Can't be too sure, I can tell you for sure that there are at least 75-90 people in and just outside this store.
SIDDHARTH - Wow! that's great! how many sales have we gotten so far?
I. STORE OWNER - Let me see, 50 sales so far!
SIDDHARTH - Woah! 50 sales in an hour. That's a lot.
I. STORE OWNER - We've made roughly about $36,500.
SIDDHARTH - Woah! Hey guys we've made 50 sales so far!
RICHARD - Woohoo!
CREW - Yes! (Celebrations).
SIDDHARTH - Wait is this the amount of sales in all our store branches our just there?
I. STORE OWNER - That's the number of sales here in Raffles City. I don't know about the sales at Nex, Vivo City, Plaza Singapura or 313 Somerset.
SIDDHARTH - You heard that guys! that's our sales for just one of our stores. We're doing great!
JIA JUN - Everyone! celebrations are on me for tonight! Marina Bay Sands terrace dinner booking, what do you all say to that?
EVERYONE - YES! YAY!
[Scene 73]
K. STORE OWNER - This is terrible!
O. STORE OWNER - How could this be!
K. STORE OWNER - We've just lost all our customers in an hours time!
O. STORE OWNER - (On the phone) (sobs) S-Sir.
O. CEO - What happened? w-why are you crying?
O. STORE OWNER - It's our sales sir, we haven't had any sales!
O. CEO - What?! h-how could this be? probably not, they'll come.
O. STORE OWNER - N-No sir y-you don't understand. The very first customer told everyone that it's a waste buying our products and went over to Keyls!
O. CEO - S**t! don't worry, I'll take care of it! (Dials another number) Hello! how are your sales going?
K. CEO - (Sobs) Terrible! w-we had no sales!
O. CEO - N-No sales?? b-but the store owner for my company said all the customers went over to you.
K. CEO - They were on their way there, the customers at my stores fled to your stores. Are you happy now?
O. CEO - I had no sales, you had no sales. Then? who?
CEO's - (In Chorus) Siddharth!
[Scene 74]
SIDDHARTH - Hello? who's this?
O. CEO - How are your sales going?
SIDDHARTH - Oh going great! going really great! you?
O. CEO - Hmm.....
K. CEO - Hmm.....
SIDDHARTH - Who's the other guy in this call?
O. CEO - Keyls, this is a conference call.
SIDDHARTH - Oh. Well come on? how's it going?
K. CEO - N-No sales for us.
O. CEO - Same.
SIDDHARTH - (Silent).
O. CEO - Hello? H-Hello? a-are you still connected?
K. CEO - Oi! you cut the call?
SIDDHARTH - Hahahahahah! hohohoho! oh god! oh god! I can't take it! no sales! hahaha!
O. CEO - Shut up!
SIDDHARTH - Hahaha!
K. CEO - Shut up!
SIDDHARTH - Ehem, it's you two who should shut up. Did I propose the challenge? No you did it.
(CEO's reaction)
SIDDHARTH - Who were the ones who said they'll destroy and shatter me into thin pieces of glass. You guys!
(CEO's reaction)
SIDDHARTH - And here you are, telling me to shut up! telling me you're sales status and all. I didn't do it, you did! what was the condition I made that day?
O. CEO - Humph! Compete.
SIDDHARTH - Exactly! compete! come on you people are experienced with these stuff. I just started this, and I've already overtaken you both! This is business my friends! you don't point fingers or call names, you compete! you compete and "rise to the top"!
K. CEO - Fine!
SIDDHARTH - And one more thing, don't plan these annihilation plans with your rival. It's too childish! come on for god sake you're supposed to be against him. If you want to team up with someone you team up with your own team members.
O. CEO - (With an attitude) Okay!
SIDDHARTH - Last but not least, you guys started from being a beginner to a big shot. I'm already a big shot in the beginning. Just think how big I'll be when I'm an even bigger shot.
CEO's - (Rage) Rrrrrrr!!!!
[Scene 75]
MR. STALL - Sir w-what do we do now? we've had no sales so far.
O. CEO - Hmm.....I-I-I can't believe I'm saying this. P-P-Put the new phones o-on a 80% discount.
MR. STALL - Sir!
O. CEO - Shush! just do as I say and don't tell anyone in this company.
MR. STALL - Okay sir (on the phone) Hello? yes it's me Mr. Stall. Put the new phones on a 80% discount, order by the CEO. Yes he means it! attend to it immediately! thank you. He's on to it sir.
O. STORE OWNER - (Store announcer) Attention everyone! the new Citrus Phone! now on a 80% discount. Get your Citrus Phone's now!
WALKER #5 - Yeah right! no big deal.
O. STORE OWNER - Huh?
WALKER #6 - What's the point of putting them on a huge discount. It's still pointless to buy them, even worse you're making yourselves weak by being a desperate seller!
WALKER #5 - You see this new phone, designed by Infinity, a new company. Ten times better and at a very decent price.
O. STORE OWNER - Stubborn much! (on the phone) Sir they're still not buying it yet!
O. CEO - What? but why?
O. STORE OWNER - They don't care how cheaper things are now, they're more about if it's worth buying it.
O. CEO - But come on! w-we've put in a lot of hard work into this. It's a huge waste of our budget that means. Where are they all going for?
O. STORE OWNER - Hmm....
O. CEO - Tell me. Tell me!
O. STORE OWNER - (In panic) Infinity sir! they're going to Infinity.
O. CEO - It's a known fact, don't worry. Just keep on doing your job. (Drops the call) Damn! t-t-this freaking Siddharth! h-how could someone like this interfere with me?! this is ridiculous. He's overtaking my business, in his first go!
[Scene 76]
DEREK - What's your next plan Siddharth?
SIDDHARTH - Next plan?
DEREK - You know, for our next product releases.
SIDDHARTH - Oh that! for now stay relaxed. I'll let you know about my next plans when it hits me.
DEREK - What concept do you have in your mind for now?
JIA JUN - (Playing XBOX) Oh! almost got you there!
RICHARD - Yeah right! my force shield defended all of your shots!
SIDDHARTH - (He see's them playing on the XBOX) Game. I'm thinking about a gaming console.
DEREK - Great idea.
SIDDHARTH - But, for now lay back and relax. Take credit for all your hard work you put into our first and successful releases.
[Scene 77]
POLICE OFFICER - Hello! I heard you're selling security cameras here.
I. ASSISTANT - Yes sir! right this way. We have 3 types of security cameras. For which purpose are you looking for?
POLICE OFFICER - A bank's security camera broke down, the vault is now in danger of anyone trying to steal. We're given a job to find a quick replacement and here I am.
I. ASSISTANT - Okay then, in that case this will do.
POLICE OFFICER - What is this a biscuit?
I. ASSISTANT - No sir it's a security camera.
POLICE OFFICER - What? this? a security camera? I-I can't believe it.
I. ASSISTANT - We don't just design, we design in a smart way. Just think, if any robber was to steal stuff from the vault, he would be aware about the security cameras and try to block it to make a clear route.
POLICE OFFICER - Right! you're very right.
I. ASSISTANT - With this, the robbers won't be able to detect the security camera's presence. Just have these up where ever you want. A fluorescent red light will glow, this shows that it's working. Robbers won't suspect it because they won't be able to detect fluorescent colour. 
POLICE OFFICER - I love it! I have to say I'm really impressed! I'll buy 4 of them. How much are they?
I. ASSISTANT - $55 per camera.
POLICE OFFICER - And it's at a decent price! great! thank you very much. Keep up the good work!
I. ASSISTANT - Thank you sir.
POLICE OFFICER - (While walking off) Amazing, even the store assistants are talking logically.
[Scene 78]
X. CEO - Hi, I want to meet Cathy.
CYBER GUARD - Upstairs, fourth floor.
X. CEO - Thank you.
(Goes upstairs)
CATHY - Yes come in.
X. CEO - Hi Miss. I-I'm the CEO of XBOX Gaming.
CATHY - Oh wow! hi sir, glad to meet you. What brings you here?
X. CEO - I've come here to thank you miss.
CATHY - Thank me? thank me for what?
X. CEO - For your speech. You see back during the late 90s till 2007 we've had a good thing going on with business, making bucks and being on top. Ever since companies like Orange started having games on their phones, tablets and other gadgets my company's sales went down by a huge margin.
CATHY - By how much?
X. CEO - 11% according to the 2008 Stock Market.
CATHY - Oh god, that's sad.
X. CEO - Yes but we eventually we thought that we should move on and do something else. We couldn't come up with anything else to do with gaming! we started earlier this year planning for other fields to work in like manufacturing. But on TV when we saw your big speech, just mind-blowing. I'm serious!
CATHY - Well, just doing my job. Then what happened?
X. CEO - Everything went topsy turvy! according to what's been going on lately I think many people stopped buying phones and tablets from places like Orange. Next thing I know there are about 100 customers up front wanting to buy our gaming consoles. Thank you.
CATHY - My pleasure, and don't worry. If at any stage you're business is not going well, don't change fields of focus. Just keep on trying until you get it right. I know a person who could help you if you're in need of help. Here's his visiting card.
X. CEO - Hmm....Siddharth, CEO of Infinity. I know that guy, his company's sales are going wild as anything.
CATHY - Yes you could always ask him for help, he'll be glad to help you out. You can contact him even now if you want because right now I think they haven't got any plans for new product releases.
X. CEO - Thanks miss, I'll surely contact him. Thanks once again!
CATHY - Your welcome! (watching her pen and giggling) (On the phone) Hello?
JIA JUN - Hey it's me Jia Jun!
CATHY - Oh Jia Jun! hey how are you doing? congratulations on your sales success!
JIA JUN - Thanks Cathy, how are things going with you?
CATHY - Same as you, many visitors everyday. It's like a routine basically here, in the morning I have adults utilizing this place, afternoon times I have school students including elementary and secondary coming here and finally in the evening there are parents and college students using it. Going good by the looks of it!
JIA JUN - Great! really happy for you. Listen, tonight we're having a celebration for our success today. Do you want to come?
CATHY - Let me check my schedule, umm...okay! I can come! let me ask Clark first. Clark!
CLARK - What is it?
CATHY - Jia Jun and the others are having a celebration party tonight, are you coming?
CLARK - Sure why not, where is it?
CATHY - Where is it?
JIA JUN - Marina Bay Sands, terrace dining.
CATHY - Ooh! terrace dining! sounds great. Terrace dining Clark, at Marina Bay Sands.
CLARK - Sounds great! I'll be there.
CATHY - Clark's coming!
JIA JUN - Great! be there at 8:00pm.
CATHY - Okay (drops the call) YES!! (celebration).
[Scene 79]
X. CEO - Hmm....Siddharth.
X. ASSISTANT - Did you say Siddharth sir?
X. CEO - Yes, I went to meet Cathy of Cyber institute today. She gave me Siddharth's visiting card in case of help.
X. ASSISTANT - He's the guy having a wild sale going on currently right?
X. CEO - Yes yes, he's the guy. Now then.
X. ASSISTANT - Sir I think this is your chance.
X. CEO - Chance? chance for what?
X. ASSISTANT - I mean we've always had a stable sale throughout the years. I think we should move to the next level.
X. CEO - Next level? what do you mean?
X. ASSISTANT - Let's design a different XBOX gaming console, or game system. We'll go even higher.
X. CEO - Spot on! but I currently don't know what to work on, h-how do we go even higher? how do we move on to the next level?
(He remembers his talk with Cathy: "You can always ask Siddharth for help, he'll be glad to help you out".)
X. CEO - (Flashes his visiting card in front of him) That's it! I've got it!
X. ASSISTANT - Got what sir?
X. CEO - How to move to the next level.
[Scene 80]
SIDDHARTH - (On the phone) Hello? who's this? Oh, Oh! Hi sir! a pleasure to talk to you! yes. Thank you! yes sales are going great for us. Oh, okay, okay, sure I'll be glad to help you out. Yes, okay, shall we fix ties for both of our upcoming projects? okay, sounds great. Right now I'm on my way for a dinner outing, I'll be available tomorrow morning. Yes 9:30am is okay. See you tomorrow.
DEREK - Woah! who were you just talking to?
SIDDHARTH - Guess.
DEREK - Clue?
SIDDHARTH - A CEO.
DEREK - Oh god! are they trying to attack you again? wait till I shove one of our Virus Killer USB's up them!
SIDDHARTH - Oi! calm down. Why? why? why shove something worth using up empty boxes?
DEREK - Ah! I see what you did there, but seriously who was it? tell me! I give up.
SIDDHARTH - Fine. The CEO of XBOX.
DEREK - H-Hold on! X-XBOX C-C-CEO! Oh my god! what did he tell you?
SIDDHARTH - He congratulated me on my wild sale.
DEREK - Woo! that's awesome! what else did he say?
SIDDHARTH - Here's the best part, he's asked me help.
DEREK - Help? help for what?
SIDDHARTH - Coming up with a fresh idea for an XBOX product.
DEREK - You mean like gaming system and consoles?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
DEREK - Sweet! so wait does that mean-
SIDDHARTH - Yes, we're fixing ties with them for both of our upcoming projects.
DEREK - Cool! but wait I have a doubt. When we release the product who will get the credit and profit? XBOX or us?
SIDDHARTH - Good question. I'll make sure I mention that to him during our talk tomorrow morning.
DEREK - Tomorrow morning? what time?
SIDDHARTH - 9:30am.
RICHARD - What's going on here?
DEREK - We're fixing ties with XBOX for a new project.
RICHARD - Woah! you serious?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
RICHARD - Well, that escalated quickly. Gone out for 3 hours, come back realizing I missed so much. Wait, what are we going to produce together?
SIDDHARTH - A gaming console and system. We're helping XBOX.
RICHARD - Woah! slow down. We just started selling today and we've already gotten an offer to help a huge company? this is paradise!
SIDDHARTH - What can I say, good comes from good. Oh well, it's time for the dinner party anyways right?
DEREK - Oh yeah true. It's 6:00pm, what now?
RICHARD - I'll go home and change, meet you guys at Bayfront MRT.
DEREK - Okay, bye.
RICHARD - See you later Siddharth.
SIDDHARTH -  Bye.
DEREK - Well I guess I'll go home and do the same. See you later.
SIDDHARTH - Bye.
JCU #1 - Sir, c-can we go home and get changed?
SIDDHARTH - Yes yes, I uh forgot to tell everyone. Come with me to the main office. Everyone! you can go home and freshen up for the dinner! I'm extremely proud of you all for working very hard. This is a well-deserved reward for you all. Give yourselves first a round of applause!
CREW - (Applause).
SIDDHARTH - I hope you all have settled into our company. Not as an employee but even more: an extraordinaire, a part of our family because I believe everyone in this room carries unique qualities. Have a great time during today's dinner! you may leave.
(The Crew all happy and relaxed, talking with their friends on their way out)
MANUFACTURER #1 - Hello sir.
SIDDHARTH - Yes?
MANUFACTURER #1 - I just wanted to tell you that it's been a pleasure working for you so far.
SIDDHARTH - My pleasure. You may or may not have overheard what I said earlier on, everyone carries unique qualities, including you. I'm really proud of you and everyone else.
MANUFACTURER #1 - Sir I'm not saying this to you for fun. I actually mean it, I previously worked for Orange.
SIDDHARTH - Oh you did. That's great! how did you find it?
MANUFACTURER #1 - I'm 42 now. I started working for Orange as a manufacturer 19 years ago. I studied Mechanical and Computer engineering. I loved what I was doing while studying, I was so happy after realizing I got the spot and thought that it would be fun. But boy was I wrong.
SIDDHARTH - Why what happened?
MANUFACTURER #1 - (Sentiment mood) T-The first few years of working were fun. B-But that was u-until I realized that were only manufacturing the same products over and over again. The only catch to this was that as the years go by each product like a phone would just be different in size. Otherwise it was the same, s-sometimes I thought that my life pointless working there even though it's a top-notch company.
My wife would ask me how my day was, I would give her the same reply that it was same old. If o-only I h-had the guts to tell her I h-hated my job. E-Even m-my kids started j-joking around me, asking why I k-keep manufacturing t-the s-same things over and over. T-Those times just made me feel suicidal sir.
SIDDHARTH - Oh no! please (confronts him while he's emotional). Listen, you're a great manufacturer, you're very well experienced, you know how things work around these departments more than the young manufacturers here, I mean most of them haven't even crossed the age of 27. Don't worry, I'll make sure that everyday at work will be an interesting and fun day. Whether it be designing or manufacturing. You want to know one thing, I worked for the same company as you did. I quit my job because for two reasons, the company was corrupt due to bribe issues and also the point you said about producing the same products each time.
But I didn't give up, I formed my own empire and here we are now. (remembers what Richard said long back "soon we'll be looking down on Keyls and Orange). Looking down at Keyls and Orange, who were once the greatest empires in the world. Now just a broken piece of sand stone. Don't feel suicidal, yes you can have mental issues. Everyone including me faces that too, but we all draw the line when it comes to suicide. Don't do it, if you ever feel suicidal you can plop by my office.
MANUFACTURER #1 - S-Sir, b-but y-you're a-
SIDDHARTH - Yes I know, I'm a CEO. But just because I am one doesn't mean I should act over-powerful and demanding. We reached success without me having to do any of that. Don't think of me as a CEO, think of me as the founder of this company because that's exactly who I am. The only reason I'm CEO is because I know companies like Orange and Keyls will attack us eventually after realizing that they are weaker than us, when those case scenario's happen I'll be well prepared to protect all of us, and that's exactly what I'm doing: Being CEO to be our companies barrier, not factory controller.
MANUFACTURER #1 - Sir you have a huge heart. I-I've never seen such a man like you. You'll definitely come out very huge.
SIDDHARTH - Not me, we all will come out very huge. So yes, come to me if you have anything bothering you like your suicidal feeling. I'll gladly be there to help you because even if the basement's not stable, the entire building will fall. Likewise if someone is down, we won't stand, and I'm not talking about doing it for our company, but doing it also for everyone to feel great when at work.
MANUFACTURER #1 - Yes sir, y-you're right.
SIDDHARTH - Now then, I forgot to tell your manufacturing crew about the dinner celebration. Tell the entire manufacturing department to be at the Marina Bay Sands dining terrace, be there by 8:00pm.
MANUFACTURER #1 - On to it sir.
SIDDHARTH - And one more thing, don't forgot to enjoy yourself (Gives a relaxing cheerful smile back at him).
MANUFACTURER #1 - Y-Yes sir.
[Scene 81]
MR. STALL - Sir, not going well.
O. CEO - I know! I know! stop annoying me you like pulp! I know, I was just about to recover from that shock and now you just ruined it!
MR. STALL - Sorry sir.
O. CEO - Well I'm through with this. I'm not even shocked, look on the bright side. At least we have people buying our laptops.
MR. STALL - Actually sir...they're not.
O. CEO - What? b-but why? don't tell me it's-
MR. STALL - Infinity.
O. CEO - God darn it! that Infinity is driving me crazy. Why them! why not us?
MR. STALL - They've built them with retina screening sir, more safer for the eyes.
O. CEO - Oh dear, I need aspirin! somebody get me my aspirin!!
MR. STALL - Aspirin! at once!
SECRETARY - Coming!
O. CEO - Tell him to come quickly, I might as well die you know!
SECRETARY - Sir we've run out of aspirin.
O. CEO - What?! b-but we can't run out of that too?! oh no! this is a horrible year for me I tell you! uh uhhh (blacks out).
MR. STALL - Finally! now he shuts up. But seriously why no aspirin?
SECRETARY - Not just him, everyone is taking them because of the stress load that was put on us for this project. Not only that, he's the only guy that takes 5 pills at a time. Like eating chocolate (face palms).
MR. STALL - Ridiculous! perfectly ridiculous. Oh well, call the doctor!
SECRETARY - On it! you too. Better not tell him the bad news, he's going to black out like that for another few hundred times.
MR. STALL - Umm....that's only if anything good comes to us from now.
[Scene 82]
(Celebration at the dining terrace, everyone's jolly and talking)
JIA JUN - Everyone may I have your attention! I would like to propose toast to a very special person. He quit his job because of certain reasons, but recovered and created his own path to success! Ladies and Gentlemen Siddharth!
EVERYONE - (Applause).
DEREK - Woo! Siddharth! yeah!
CLARK - Nice job man! really pulled it off.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks Clark. In fact thank you all! I may have started this company but this is no one man show. This is an empire put together by each and every one of us. Yes I'm talking about you, you, you, and you, and everyone else present here tonight. Thank you! and lets hope to continue this success rate.
EVERYONE - Cheers!
(Cling)
CATHY - A sweet heck of a party Siddharth.
SIDDHARTH - Well, they deserved it.
CATHY - (In a sort of drunk way) Oh, so they deserved it. But what about this one?
SIDDHARTH - This one?
CATHY - You know, this lass right here. What do I get?
SIDDHARTH - Well...
CATHY - Come on, say it.
SIDDHARTH - Congratulations! keep up the good work.
CATHY - (Pissed) What? is that it? come on! don't be serious all the time.
SIDDHARTH - Well what did you want then?
CATHY - Come with me to that end of the terrace.
SIDDHARTH - What? but why?
CATHY - (On her way to the terrace) I'm going!
DEREK - Well? what's happening? (in an eager way).
SIDDHARTH - She wants something from me.
DEREK and JIA JUN - Oh!!!
SIDDHARTH - What? what's this about?
DEREK - Nothing. Good luck.
JIA JUN - I'll go call the doctor.
SIDDHARTH - For what?
JIA JUN - To recover you over your shock.
SIDDHARTH - Shock? me? ridiculous!
DEREK - Oh you'll find out my man.
SIDDHARTH - Oh whatever (goes to Cathy). Well what did you want to tell me?
CATHY - I have a gift for you.
SIDDHARTH - A gift for me? why?
CATHY - Just a form of gratitude to show how much happy I am.
SIDDHARTH - Okay then? I guess.
CATHY - Close your eyes.
SIDDHARTH - Close my eyes?
CATHY - Shut them kid!
SIDDHARTH - Okay okay! I closed my eyes.
CATHY - Right now don't peak.
SIDDHARTH - Okay.
CATHY - (Wets her lips, slowly comes for Siddharth and Kisses him).
SIDDHARTH - (Shocked) What in the world was-
CATHY - How was it?
SIDDHARTH - (Still shocked).
CATHY - Oh thank you thank you thank you Siddharth! I'll never forget this day! (Walks back to the table).
SIDDHARTH - (Shocked) Me neither.
[Scene 83]
TOURIST - Hi I'm looking for a new KelPhone.
K. ASSISTANT - Right this way sir.
WALKER #5 - (Giggles) oh ho! poor guy!
TOURIST - Excuse me, what was that?
WALKER #4 - Oh nothing really.
TOURIST - No seriously tell me!
WALKER #5 - You new to this country?
TOURIST - Yes! how did you guess?
WALKERS - Hahahahaha!!!!
TOURIST - The hell? ehem! ehem!
WALKER #4 - Oh god! oh god! and he was going to buy a KelPhone!
WALKER #5 - Oh Oh! good one man!
TOURIST - What's wrong with buying a KelPhone?
WALKER #4 - Oh I'll tell you what's wrong with them.
(Tells him the entire flash back from the press meet till today).
TOURIST - (Shocked).
WALKER #5 - Now you get it don't you?
TOURIST - Yes, yes I do. Thank you very much! and I was going to spend $1000 on the new phone!
K. ASSISTANT - Sir about the new KelPhone installments-
TOURIST - I'm out! peace!
K. ASSISTANT - What? but why?
TOURIST - Going to buy a phone at Infinity.
K. ASSISTANT - What?! t-that's just stupid! w-why would you-
WALKER #10 - See that? they call their customers stupid.
WALKER #11 - And people say they're a top notch company. Hahahaha!!
K. ASSISTANT - Freaking Bozos.
K. STORE OWNER - They're not coming back are they?
K. ASSISTANT - Unfortunately no.
K. STORE OWNER - Oh well, curse the universe. I'm no even shocked anymore.
K. ASSISTANT - What now sir?
K. STORE OWNER - If you'll excuse me, I'll be taking a hip.
K. ASSISTANT - Sir don't! you'll die!
K. STORE OWNER - You blithering idiot! I'm going to the bathroom!
K. ASSISTANT - Oh okay.
[Scene 84]
MEDICAL - Hi how can I help you?
MR. STALL - I'm looking for a can of aspirin.
MEDICAL - Here you go.
MR. STALL - Thank you, how much would that be?
MEDICAL - $7.85.
MR. STALL - (Deals with the person).
[Scene 85]
X. CEO - Hello? yes, I'm calling to organize a project launch tomorrow. Can you book a hall at Suntec City tomorrow? 9:30am, yes. Thank you!
(Dials for Siddharth)
SIDDHARTH - Hello? Oh hi! how are things going? going great thank you, oh, oh okay, at Suntec City? yes fine with me, yes I'll see you there. Bye!
DEREK - Who was that?
SIDDHARTH - XBOX CEO, he booked a hall at Suntec city for our project launch.
DEREK - Great! I still can't believe everything's going well.
SIDDHARTH - Me neither. Shall we make a move?
DEREK - Sure.
SIDDHARTH - Alright then. Thank you everyone for joining us on this fine evening! I hope you all had a good and relaxing time this dinner night. There'll be plenty more celebrations like this if we keep up the good work! you're all free to go. Thank you!
(Everyone leaves with their friends and in groups)
[Scene 86]
ANNOUNCER - A very warm welcome to everyone present here at Suntec City! XBOX and Infinity are fixing ties for their new upcoming project. This will be a collaborative project done by both companies! ladies and gentlemen I present the CEO of XBOX!
AUDIENCE - (Applause).
X. CEO - Thank you, thank you once again! so yes as you've just heard, XBOX and Infinity will be collaborating together for our next upcoming project which will be designing a new game system and console.
PRESS - (Taking down notes).
X. CEO - This will be a project like none other. As you all may have known, Infinity has been receiving a huge number of sales over the past few days or so and it's still continuing. Hopefully we'll be able to create the same magic touch with this upcoming projects. I can assure you it'll be a big seller once release to public. Thank you!
AUDIENCE - (Applause).
ANNOUNCER - I now call upon the CEO of Infinity!
AUDIENCE - (Applause).
SIDDHARTH - Thank you everyone! I started this company just recently and I'm very much surprised about our sales outcome. My company, even I didn't expect this to happen at an earlier stage. So I would all like to thank everyone out there who supported and purchased our products.
AUDIENCE - (Applause).
SIDDHARTH - And don't worry, we'll make sure we produce stuff that brings the "Wow!" factor out. I'm very much glad to say that this great success has lead me into collaborating with a very important figure in the business league. Like he said we'll be producing a game system and console. This product will be out of the ordinary, I can assure you of that. We'll do our part to bring what's best for you and you too can keep supporting us with this. You've already set high expectations for both our companies. We'll for sure break that expectation barrier. Thank you!
ANNOUNCER - Ladies and Gentlemen! the CEO's will now confirm their tie collaboration!
(Press meet photographers take photos of Siddharth shaking hands with the XBOX CEO).
ANNOUNCER - Now then any questions?
N. REPORTER #1 - Mr. Siddharth, you're company has shined well in producing phones, cameras, laptops and so on. What can we expect from you when producing a game system and console?
SIDDHARTH - My products are currently my benchmark. The game system and console we produce will break that benchmark and will certainly reach new heights.
N. REPORTER #2 - Do you assume this as to being your ticket back to the top?
X. CEO - Yes, quite certainly. Not just to feel good on top, but to also produce something the world has never seen before. Then only it struck me when I saw Infinity's products which were very innovative, the world has never witnessed such magnificence. I decided to collaborate with Siddharth to bring both of us to the top and to produce something the world has never witnessed before.
ANNOUNCER - Thank you all for attending the Collaborative Project Launch. I would like to thank our main sponsors: XBOX, Infinity, Suntec City, Ice Mountain Water, ANZ Bank and finally NUS!
SIDDHARTH - Sir I would like to talk to you about something in private, could we talk inside?
X. CEO - Sure! now what is it you wanted to talk about?
SIDDHARTH - About the sales and profits. You see we both are collaborating to produce something. When it's in the market, what's the ratio of profit we each receive?
X. CEO - That's it? that's your trouble? don't worry sonny! we'll split the profit equally okay, 50:50.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay. One more what will the name of our product be? Infinity or XBOX?
X. CEO - I'm thinking of having your company logo go with my company's name. Fair enough?
SIDDHARTH - Yes sounds good! thank you.
X. CEO - Well then, it was nice meeting you. You can tell your manufacturing team to take a break for the first 4 months or so because I want your company to mainly come up with an idea for the new game system and console and have us manufacture it.
SIDDHARTH - That's okay but what will my manufacturing team do?
X. CEO - I was thinking once we confirmed your plan set it for manufacturing, your team would come up with the games and have your team manufacture them in the end.
SIDDHARTH - That would mean that I would have to give their adjust their salary. What do you suggest them to do meanwhile?
X. CEO - Hmm...if that's an issue then you can send your manufacturing team over to us. Your team could take care of the designing and planning and have us manufacture them. Fair enough?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, sounds good.
X. CEO - Okay then I'll make a move from here. So yes now it's January 25th, it would be great if you came up with the game system and console designs and plans ready by May 19th.
SIDDHARTH - Deal. Good doing business with you.
X. CEO - My pleasure. Don't forget to give your ideas that spark yeah?
SIDDHARTH - Sure.
[Scene 87]
NEWS CHANNEL - Top story. XBOX and Infinity have fixed ties for their upcoming project.
SECRETARY - Sir look! it's Infinity!
O. CEO - Infinity? fixing ties?!
K. CEO - With XBOX? but why?
NEWS CHANNEL - The project launch was held today at 9:30am at Suntec City. The CEO's of both companies have decided on producing a game system and console.
(News TV Screen shows a portion of the CEO's speech)
X. CEO - This will be a project like none other. As you all may have known, Infinity has been receiving a huge number of sales over the past few days or so and it's still continuing. Hopefully we'll be able to create the same magic touch with this upcoming projects. I can assure you it'll be a big seller once release to public.
SIDDHARTH - And don't worry, we'll make sure we produce stuff that brings the "Wow!" factor out. I'm very much glad to say that this great success has lead me into collaborating with a very important figure in the business league. Like he said we'll be producing a game system and console. This product will be out of the ordinary, I can assure you of that. We'll do our part to bring what's best for you and you too can keep supporting us with this. You've already set high expectations for both our companies. We'll for sure break that expectation barrier.
 
O. CEO - He'll break his expectation barrier huh? not on my watch!
SECRETARY - What do you intend on that sir?
O. CEO - He shattered my electronic device business right? not this time he isn't. Wait till he finds out that he'll be going up against our company's gaming devices!
SECRETARY - Gaming devices?? but sir we don't-
O. CEO - Nope!
SECRETARY - Sir we don't-
O. CEO - Nope!
SECRETARY - Sir we don't-
O. CEO - Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!! get me my aspirin! and quick!
SECRETARY - Aspirin!
MR. STALL - Here.
O. CEO - (Takes 5 tablets at once).
MR. STALL - (Gives eye contact with the Secretary) (Whispers) Ridiculous.
SECRETARY - (Whispers) I know right?
O. CEO - Phew! finally I'm calm!
SECRETARY - Sir we don't have experience in making gaming devices!
O. CEO - (Shocked) H-H-How dare you say such a thing in front of me! who doesn't have experience?! we experience in designing right?! come on, how hard could it be?
MR. STALL - We've been producing electronic devices for over 8 years now and we just got kicked out. What are the chances of us getting on top?
O. CEO - Shut up! don't you little pulps ever say any good things? for god sake! even Infinity doesn't have experience and yet they're doing it. What's stopping us?
SECRETARY - They're in collaboration with XBOX who has experience so they're definitely going to break the barrier. Our case is like having mathematicians work on playing professional football.
MR. STALL - Good comparison.
O. CEO - Oi!
MR. STALL - Sorry sir.
O. CEO - You're saying we can't design gaming devices huh? I'll prove it to you both that we can and we will get on top! if we don't, you both are fired!
MR. STALL - Fired?!
SECRETARY - But sir!-
O. CEO - Nope! you heard me! F-I-R-E-D, Fired!! now get out of my office!
[Scene 88]
SECRETARY - What's your plan now sir?
K. CEO - (On the phone) Hello? you saw the news?
O. CEO - Oh boy, here we have another one! what is it this time?
K. CEO - He's in collaboration with XBOX! they're going to produce a game system and console!
O. CEO - Yes I know, now what's your deal?
K. CEO - You got any plans to counter that fool?
O. CEO - I'm producing a gaming device.
K. CEO - Who you? wow! good luck with that!
O. CEO - Ehem! in case you haven't noticed, that guy just iced our electronic device business! we've have only 2 sales in the entire country the past few days. We might as well try and break him here.
K. CEO - But come on, our reputation is on making electronic devices. Not making children's games.
O. CEO - I know I know! but I can't stand having this guy shatter our business like this! I'm taking revenge on that guy no matter whichever field he moves onto. I will haunt him! I will become his biggest nightmare! and that poor rotten melon will never see light! ever!
K. CEO - (Drops the call).
O. CEO - Oh what? great, that's just great! I'm taking 5 pills of aspiring, getting stressed out here and when the times comes to express my terror this happens! talking to a piece of metal that's what!
SECRETARY - Well?
K. CEO - I'm going to start producing gaming devices.
[Scene 89]
SIDDHARTH - Alright everyone! as you may all have known, we've fixed ties with XBOX. We'll be collaborating with each other to produce a new game system and console.
CREW - (Applause and cheers).
SIDDHARTH - I'm very excited about this project and I hope you all are too. So here's the plan, manufacturing group is going to be working with the XBOX team for this project. The CEO there will give you instructions on what to do, don't worry about salary because you'll still get them from me. You can make your way there now.
(Manufacturing group makes a move)
SIDDHARTH - We on the other hand will be coming up with ideas, designing, planning the materials, budget and so on. Let's get work!
[Scene 90]
X. CEO - Siddharth is sending his manufacturing team over. Here's the plan, we're all going to continue manufacture our current selling products in different colours to increase the level of excitement for the customers. Lets go!
(Orange and Keyls CEO give presentations about producing game systems and consoles)
(Infinity crew working at a smooth pace)
[Scene 91]
CATHY - Hello?
SIDDHARTH - Hey it's me.
CATHY - Oh hey Siddharth! what's up?
SIDDHARTH - Research and statistics about gaming, by the next 5 days.
CATHY - Got it! (goes to the research hall) Alright crew we have a new research project in our hands.
(Cathy tells them the plan)
(Cyber Institute starts working on the research and collecting statistics)
[Scene 92]
JCU #2 - How's this for an XBOX console design?
NUS #1 - Hmm....I really don't what to say here. Am I looking at a console or a cardboard box?
JCU #2 - No wait sorry, the colour was meant to be Yellow.
NTU #1 - I was thinking maybe we can incorporate biodegradable materials into this project somehow.
SIT #1 - That's okay but we're dealing with electricity and graphics, what impact would those materials make?
NTU #1 - I just think it'll work because we can't depend on plastic and metal all the time.
ITE #2 - Yes but the point he's trying to make is that it may not have such an impact on our products. I mean what are the chances that people are going to notice them.
NTU #2 - The idea's good but we just have to think harder about incorporating biodegradable materials. For now just focus on the designing and idea aspect.
SIT #2 - But we don't have a criteria yet for designing them?
NTU #2 - True but Siddharth says he wants us to come up with ideas now so that once we get the criteria we just have to make minor adjustments to our designs. I mean Cyber's going to take a few days to get all the research and statistics done, we can't remain doing nothing.
ITE #1 - Shall we group ourselves into this?
NUS #2 - Okay. I was thinking of having JCU and SIT focus on designing the game console while the rest of us focus on planning and designing the game system.
JCU #1 - But why two on one group and three on the other?
NUS #2 - It's much easier to design a game console than designing a game system. It's more complicated you see.
JCU #1 - Ah okay. Shall we?
NTU #2 - Yes let's get to work!
[Scene 93]
NUS #3 - I created a Google doc so we can add all our research information and statistics into. I've shared it with you all!
NTU #3 - Got it!
ITE #3 - I'll work on the cause and effects.
JCU #3 - I'll work on the History and time line.
SIT #3 - I'll work on the influences of gaming and how it was improved.
[Scene 94]
O. CEO - So how are things going?
MR. STALL - Umm....why don't you see for yourself?
CALVIN - Sir you like my game console design?
O. CEO - What the hell is this?
CALVIN - Sir, a game console.
O. CEO - This? a game console? ridiculous! perfectly ridiculous!
CALVIN - Why what's wrong with it? is it the dimensions? the colour? the function?
O. CEO - It's the object itself which you are designing. I mean come on! this looks like a giant shoe box!
CALVIN - But sir they're supposed to be in that shape.
O. CEO - Uh AH! d-don't you dare back talk me! I'm telling you right now that this is nothing but-a piece-of cardboard! now, get back to work! for god sake game console people, a god damn game console! you've never seen before?!
DESIGNER #2 - Actually sir I haven't-
O. CEO - Ehem was that the sound of someone who wants to get fired?
(Silence)
O. CEO - That's what I thought (leaves the creative offices).
DESIGNER #2 - Such a snob!
DESIGNER #3 - I mean come on he asked us whether we've seen one before. What's his problem?
CALVIN - He probably failed English for not knowing what questions are.
LORENZO - Yo guys! you like this design?
CALVIN - (Dull) Great, it's just great.
LORENZO - What? you don't like it?
CALVIN - I mean come on! we design electronic devices, not gaming consoles and systems!
LORENZO - You don't say.
CALVIN - I mean it! I've been working so hard to produce the best and all this guy ever says is that (in an annoying voice) "Oh! yours is like a shoe box!"
LORENZO - So.....long story short he said it was mediocre?
CALVIN - (Sobs) I hate to break it to you, but yes. God damn mediocre! is what he said!
[Scene 95]
CATHY -  (On the phone) Hi Siddharth! I'm sending the research and statistics over to you. We've finalized them.
SIDDHARTH - Thank you! keep up the good work.
CATHY - My pleasure.....Cupid!
SIDDHARTH - (Blushes).
CATHY - Oh! let me guess, your blushing ay? never witnessed one happen on the phone before.
SIDDHARTH - Oh well, just goes to show that-
RICHARD - Siddharth we've finished designing.
SIDDHARTH - Oh wait hold on. Oh you have, good good! I'll come over right now to check.
RICHARD - Who's on the phone?
SIDDHARTH - Just umm...the manufacturing team.
RICHARD - Oh okay.
SIDDHARTH - I'll be there, I've got the research and statistics. I'll print them out and come.
RICHARD - Sure.
CATHY - Really? a manufacturer?
SIDDHARTH - Well sorry, if I say it's you they'll be going all "Oh!" at me.
CATHY - So what? come on!
SIDDHARTH - Umm....I've got to go.
CATHY - Oh really?
SIDDHARTH - Listen, we can take care of this stuff later alright? bye!
CATHY - Love you!
[Scene 96]
SIDDHARTH - Alright everyone! I've received research information and statistics. I'll read them out to you one by one. Don't worry if you missed out on some parts, I'll share them to you via Google Docs.
The information is as follows: The sales of games went down by a huge margin ever since the dawn of overrated companies like Orange. In the current game market we have gaming consoles, game players, games and controllers. As per the national survey statistics taken in account last year, 27% of game users play children's games, 45% play sporting games and the rest play action violent games. Gaming has made kids more easily distracted, give less attention, moody and addictive. Many addicted gamers have reduced or stopped going outdoors for fresh air and exercise. As of last year, 79% of the whole world children population play games on game consoles, players, phones, computers etc.
Using this information I want you all to come up with a really innovative design for the new game system and console. You have all the freedom in the world to decide on how it should be or function like, but always keep this in mind: Your design should be something the world has never seen before, and also the end result should produce something that doesn't spoil the customers. Good luck everyone!
(Everyone gets to work)
[Scene 97]
K. CEO - Harder! work harder!
DESIGNER #1 - We're trying sir.
K. CEO - It's no working! push harder everyone!
DESIGNER #2 - But it's only been half an hour since we started this project.
K. CEO - Oh wait, is that sound of someone who wants to get fired?
(Silence)
K. CEO - That's what I thought. Back to work!
DESIGNER #1 - Such a snob.
DESIGNER #2 - How do we work creatively if we're kept under pressure.
DESIGNER #3 - Why did you guys back-talk him? why can't you just stay silent?
DESIGNER #2 - For your information we care about what happens and speak out, not like you who just bares with everything and takes the weight.
DESIGNER #3 - Suit yourselves. I'm getting coffee.
DESIGNER #4 - I wouldn't do that if I were you?
DESIGNER #3 - What you too? come on guys! take a chill pill. I'm getting coffee!
(Walks over to the coffee counter at the office cafe)
DESIGNER #3 - One Cappuccino please.
CASHIER - That'll be $50.
DESIGNER #3 - What the hell?! t-that's too much! way too much for a Cappuccino. Are you for real?! I'm calling the manager, Manager!
MANAGER - Yes sir how can I help you?
DESIGNER #3 - Sir look at this atrocity! $50 for a Cappuccino!
MANAGER - (Calm and not reacting) Yes I know, what's the problem?
DESIGNER #3 - The hell? you too? did you hear me? I just said the problem! $50 for a Cappuccino!
MANAGER - Yes I know sir, your point is?
DESIGNER #3 - W-What?! t-this is ridiculous! can't you see the issue? it's too expensive!
MANAGER - The new cost was just entered in this morning for all the coffee.
DESIGNER #3 - This morning? by who?
MANAGER - The CEO.
DESIGNER #3 - The hell?! you mean to tell me that the CEO is behind all this?
MANAGER - If that's what your waiting for then yes, he's behind it.
DESIGNER #3 - But why? I'm okay with him for suspending me for a few days, but why! why make coffee expensive! why!! (Pants and gasps after the long "Why")
MANAGER - Sir are you done?
DESIGNER #3 - Yes, yes I am.
MANAGER - In that case can you hand me a tissue paper.
DESIGNER #3 - Sure why?
MANAGER - My ear's bleeding (shows the blood on the tissue) you see?
DESIGNER #3 - What the-
MANAGER - Hell!
DESIGNER #3 - This! this is just wrong! working under-pressure, expensive coffee and now your ear's bleeding! why!
MANAGER - Working under-pressure has nothing to do with me, expensive coffee was an order by the CEO and my ear is bleeding because of your scream just now.
DESIGNER #3 - Oh, I-I'm really sorry.
MANAGER - Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the restroom, cleaning my ear!
CASHIER - Everything alright sir?
MANAGER - Yes everything's alright, or is it?! I'll be back and you sir better cough up your 50 bucks or get out of here!
DESIGNER #3 - I'd rather head down to Starbucks and get a Cappuccino there.
MANAGER - For god sake I don't care! just stay away from me you siren!
(Walks off)
CASHIER - Ehem...that'll be $50.
DESIGNER #3 - Oh Shut up! I'm out!
[Scene 98]
(At Orange)
CALVIN - Hi, Panadol please.
PHARMACIST - Coming sir.
CALVIN - Hey what're you doing here?
DESIGNER #5 - Looking for Panadol. I have a nagging headache. You?
CALVIN - Same, I'm looking for Panadol. Exact same case as you. Tell me, is it possible to design and create when you're put under pressure?
DESIGNER #5 - Definitely not.
CALVIN - Exactly. Designers are supposed to be given much freedom as compared to people in other fields of work. It just won't work, I'll tell you right now in advance: Infinity is going to kick our a*s again like last time.
DESIGNER #5 - How can you be sure of that?
CALVIN - Do I have to sound like our snobby CEO? on their first go they demolished all our sales! our sales went down terribly! chances of them beating us too damn high!
PHARMACIST - Here you go.
CALVIN - Oh thanks.
DESIGNER #5 - Could I have a Panadol as well?
PHARMACIST - Coming sir.
CALVIN - Okay, got to go work the final hour, catch you later.
DESIGNER #5 - Okay.
[Scene 99]
RICHARD - Siddharth I'm going to Kallang Tennis Centre to watch my brother's tennis tournament finals, you coming?
SIDDHARTH - Sure. It's been a while.
(They go to Kallang Tennis Centre)
SIDDHARTH - Where's your brother playing?
RICHARD - Centre court.
UMPIRE - 1st Game! 0-0!
RICHARD - Come on Gareth! you can do it!
FAN #1 - Come on James!
SIDDHARTH - Wow! he plays really well.
RICHARD - I know right? he's been playing tennis since the age of 4, and now he's rocking the U19 Tennis finals.
(Towards the end of the game)
UMPIRE - 5-4 to Gareth! Gareth serving for the championship!
RICHARD - Yes Gareth! for the win!
SIDDHARTH - Come on dude! you can do it!
(Match point)
RICHARD - (Edge of his seat).
GARETH - (Serves an ace and wins the match).
RICHARD - Yes! he won! he won!
SIDDHARTH - Way to go Gareth!
UMPIRE - Game, Set, Championship to Gareth!
(Gareth and James shake hands)
UMPIRE - Gareth wins 7-5, 6-4, 6-4!
GARETH - Woohoo yes!
UMPIRE - The president of Singapore Tennis Association now presents Gareth with a trophy and a prize money total of $1500! Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you the champion of the U19 Singles Knock-Out tournament: Gareth!
AUDIENCE - (Applause)
SIDDHARTH - Congratulations on your win Gareth!
GARETH - Thanks sir.
SIDDHARTH - Sir? why call me sir?
GARETH - Before you were a friend, now you're a huge person.
SIDDHARTH - (Chuckles) I like it, but please for the sake of not ruining our originality call me Siddharth. No pressure.
GARETH - Okay......Siddharth.
SIDDHARTH - See? what did I tell you? not an issue anymore right?
GARETH - Yes you're right.
SIDDHARTH - Now come on big guy! your brother's waiting for you there. Go for it!
RICHARD - Gareth! good job man!
GARETH - Thanks bro! thanks for coming I really appreciate it even during your busy hours.
RICHARD - My pleasure, you should also thank Siddharth.
GARETH - Thanks Siddharth.
SIDDHARTH - Oh come on, why do you need to say thanks? it was our intention to see you win your finals so we came, we didn't come because someone compelled us to, but anyways good job! lets hope that you have a bright future in tennis.
RICHARD - Yes, one day this guy will be the next Federer, just wait and see.
SIDDHARTH - Yes, can't wait to see you on the big screen like us Gareth.
GARETH - (Embarrassed).
SIDDHARTH - Well, I've got to go. See you tomorrow Richard!
RICHARD - Bye Siddharth!
GARETH - Bye Siddharth!
SIDDHARTH - Bye!
[Scene 100]
(2 months later)
JIA JUN - What time is it?
LOBBY ASSISTANT - 8:45am sir.
DEREK - Great! thanks.
JIA JUN - Siddharth's going to be mind blown by the end result.
DEREK - I know right?
JIA JUN - Listen up everyone! I'm about to call our CEO in to confirm the final design for the game system and console, does anyone want to make any last minute rectifications?
EVERYONE - Nope we're all good.
DEREK - Great! I'll call Siddharth! (Goes to Siddharth's office and calls him).
SIDDHARTH - So you've readied the design plans? great! let me see.
JIA JUN - Presentation positions everyone!
SIT #1 - I now present the newest, innovative XBOX game system and console. Behold!
JCU #2 - We call it the XBOX Kinect.
SIDDHARTH - Hmm....nice name.
NUS #2 - Many gamers across the globe refuse to mainly go out for some fresh air and exercise. We've taken care of that problem with this new innovation.
NTU #1 - With the new XBOX Kinect not only can you play games like any other but you can also play using physical motion!
SIDDHARTH - Physical motion?! h-how?
ITE #2 - Good question. Over the past two months we've been examining motion used in various activities such as sports, yoga, meditation and work-outs. We've been scouting around Singapore to places like Stadium, Community Clubs and Sporting Schools to study motion being used.
SIT #2 - We've filmed several people in action doing physical work. If this project takes off we will send these videos over to XBOX so they could incorporate motion being captured while playing games.
JCU #1 - We've filmed people doing various activities: Men and Women doing Track and Field, Football, Bowling, Volleyball, Boxing, Table Tennis, Tennis, Baseball, American Football, Golf, Darts, Skateboarding and gym work-outs.
SIDDHARTH - Woah! t-this is amazing! I love it!
NUS #1 - If you think this is great wait till you see the console set.
ITE #2 - The console for the new XBOX Kinect is compounded with the usual XBOX game console, game controllers and as an add-on we're going to include a Kinect Sensor. The purpose of the Kinect Sensor is to detect the player's motion so it can be recorded and played on the game. So overall the big idea behind this is playing the game using motion.
SIDDHARTH - (Stands up and claps) Amazing! really amazing! I love this idea! h-how did you come up with this??
NTU #1 - We were just fooling around at one point during break with a video camera. What happened was that I was filming Derek do some robotic moves, and at the back of him Jia Jun was creating the mirror image. After doing this for some time it then struck us with this idea of playing in motion.
JCU #2 - I mean it was perfect because it was an innovative idea, met all the criteria and doesn't spoil the people. Gains interest of gamers to get active, indoors and maybe outdoors.
SIDDHARTH - I love this! it's perfect! just what I was looking for! everyone give yourself a round of applause.
EVERYONE - (Applause).
SIDDHARTH - I'm really satisfied with the ideas coming from you guys. Better than the ones that I would've had in mind but who cares?! we've got ourselves a top-selling product on our way!
EVERYONE - (Cheers and celebrates).
SIDDHARTH - I'll send the plans over to XBOX for manufacturing. I want Derek and Jia Jun to assist the XBOX team with the plan and how the outcome should be like.
JIA JUN - Got it!
SIDDHARTH - Meanwhile I want the rest of you to be designing the XBOX Kinect games, applying the same criteria. Yes you can also design XBOX games but keep in mind that our top priority is designing XBOX Kinect games. I feel it's best for you to work on the Kinect games then move on to XBOX games, if that's what you want.
EVERYONE - Got it!
SIDDHARTH - Right then! I'm really pleased with the new ideas. I'll contact XBOX right away, you guys can head over there right now.
DEREK - Okay.
[Scene 101]
X. CEO - Oh really? nice! I like it! yes it sounds like a marvelous idea to me. Very clever I must say, hats off to you and your team. Okay, got it, thanks Siddharth! Right everyone Infinity has finished their design plans for the new game system and console. He's sending two people from his team to assist us in the creation!
SIDDHARTH - Right let's do this!
(Everyone is done at work)
O. CEO - (At a terrible headache) (Dials for Siddharth).
SIDDHARTH - Hello?
O. CEO  (Remains silent for a while).
SIDDHARTH - Hello? anyone there? hello? oh wrong number.
O. CEO - Oi! don't you dare!
SIDDHARTH - Oh hold on there is someone on the line. Say I recognize your voice very much.
O. CEO - (Gets angry).
SIDDHARTH - You sound like a mad chap who I used to work for.
O. CEO - It's me you idiot!
SIDDHARTH - Shush! hey I was just mocking you. Don't I know my enemies.
O. CEO - Hey watch it!
SIDDHARTH - Fine fine, now tell me what's the trouble? you need donation to start a new business?
O. CEO - You son of a!-
SIDDHARTH - Hey hey! take a Panadol or two! getting too hyped up!
O. CEO - For your information I'm taking aspirin!
SIDDHARTH - Oh really?! you're that much of a stress party? wow! crazy just crazy! well you know what they say, you learn something new everyday.
O. CEO - My Blood Pressure is going from Yellow to Orange!
SIDDHARTH - Okay okay, tell me before you end up in the hospital.
O. CEO - So I hear you fixed ties with XBOX huh?
SIDDHARTH - Oh that! that was ages ago. Yes what about it?
O. CEO - The competition isn't over Siddharth! and you know why? you're about to go head to head against my company in this biz too.
SIDDHARTH - (Bursts out laughing) Hahahaha! oh god! oh god! you! designing game devices! hahaha! good joke.
O. CEO - It's not a joke! I am competing! and this time! I'm going to take it all.
SIDDHARTH - Oh boy! here we go again. Do I have to tell you a million times that no one nowadays trusts your company?
O. CEO - (Silent).
SIDDHARTH - If I check the current stock market now your company is making 10 sales a day, throughout all your 20 branches in the country. On the other side there's my company which is making 379 sales on average a day throughout all my 10 branches. Oh look here! your sales is even lower than Jesca! ho boy! Well I'll say another 6 more months and you're out of the big picture my friend.
O. CEO - Listen up you mangy mutt! I will demolish you this time, when I mean demolish this time I actually mean it! you think just because we failed at selling electronic devices we would fail in this too? well I'll tell you what, you can make a variety of things out of an Orange: Orange juice, Fanta Orange, Orange Candy, Lollipops, flavoured bun, and how about this: it's even good on it's own!
SIDDHARTH - So let me get this straight you've called me just to check on whether or not I'll be competing against you this time too, and if I say yes you would confirm that you're going to lose am I right?
O. CEO - L-Lose? w-who s-said I-I would l-lose I-I k-know that I-
SIDDHARTH - Ah Ah Ah! stammering I see. Well you know what, I've got other things to attend to than talking to a piece of Orange. Final message: No matter how many varieties Orange comes in, in the end they always either get juiced, consumed or rotten.
O. CEO - How dare you!-
SIDDHARTH - (Cuts the call).
O. CEO - Dah!!!
MR. STALL - Sir are you okay?
O. CEO - I-I need-
MR. STALL - Yes I know sir, here you go.
O. CEO - Thanks! (has his 5 aspirin tablets) how did you know I wanted aspirin?
MR. STALL - It's too obvious sir, every time you have a chat with Siddharth or have a panic attack you always ask for aspirin.
O. CEO - Well prepared huh?
MR. STALL - Yes sir.
O. CEO - Piece of Pulp! get back to work!
MR. STALL - (Leaves the room).
O. CEO - Gosh, such a cunning fellow. Can't wait to see me die huh? why did you bring me aspirin? why not get me my coffin!
[Scene 102]
DEREK - Yes so can I have a volunteer? thank you so now I'll demonstrate how this product will work. He's going to wear this motion detecting suit, after that I want you to take a snap of him in the suit. Afterwards use Photoshop to take his suit and place it on each person we've filmed doing various activities. Later on program them into the game system and Bam! any questions?
X. MANUFACTURER #1 - I get the part where we sync the motion into the game system, but how will it detect the people playing in motion?
JIA JUN - Good question. Once you've programmed the motion into the game system I want you to assemble this Kinect Sensor, this will detect the player's motion..and will be applied on the actual game.
EVERYONE - Cool.
DEREK - Any other questions?.....no?......okay let's do this.
(Everyone at work)
X. MANUFACTURER #5 - Pass me the lazer.
X. MANUFACTURER #10 - Remove the pixellations from the motion capture, otherwise the game system won't read it properly.
MANUFACTURER #1 - Kinect sensor lens, diameter of 3.5cm.
SUPERVISOR - Oi! did you get the supplies for assembling the console and sensor?
MANUFACTURER #2 - Coming! here it is.
[Scene 103]
DESIGNER #5 - Sir you l-like my design?
K. CEO - I like it.
DESIGNER #5 - Really, j-just like that?
K. CEO - Well yes. Everyone else's design was total bullshit. At least yours suits the gaming design look.
DESIGNER #5 - So t-this w-will do?
K. CEO - Yes it will do, thank you for giving me a product that finally looks like a game!
[Scene 104]
LORENZO - Supervisor! I sent my game system and console design plan to you, are we halfway through production?
SUPERVISOR - Yes sir, why not take a look?
LORENZO - Sure.
SUPERVISOR - Oi! be careful with the hardware!
MANUFACTURER #25 - Sorry.
SUPERVISOR - Jeez, you give them something and you have to be at the back of them like a parent to tell them how to do stuff!
LORENZO - How many have we produced so far?
SUPERVISOR - Not sure....I'll go check.
LORENZO - (Takes a look around the manufacturing area).
MANUFACTURER #36 - Ah!! my hand's stuck in the welding machine! help me! please! somebody!
MANUFACTURER #11 - Oh god! hold on! I'll get help!
MANUFACTURER #2 Pull his arm out! Pull! Pull!
MANUFACTURER #36 - Ah!! i-i-its hurts! it's burning! ah!!
SUPERVISOR - What's happening?
LORENZO - His hand's stuck in the welding machine.
SUPERVISOR - Oh god!
MANUFACTURER #6 - Break that god damn machine!!
MANUFACTURER #9 - Here's a hammer!
SUPERVISOR - No wait don't do it! boss will kill us!!
LORENZO - His hand's stuck in the welding machine you twit! what's important: you or a dumb machine?
SUPERVISOR - (Silenced).
LORENZO - Break that! I'm coming in to help!!
(They smash open the machine, CEO enters).
O. CEO - What the hell?!
MANUFACTURER #7 - His hand sir, got s-stuck in the welding machine.
O. CEO - Oh my god!
MANUFACTURER #36 - I-It b-burning!!
O. CEO - You idiots broke the damn welding machine! what's wrong with you?! you know how much this costs? 2500! $2500!
LORENZO - Sir! his hand was stuck in the welding machine and you're more concerned about that dumb box!
O. CEO - Shut up, just shut up! how dare you raise your voice against me! you're accusing me as if I did something wrong here! did I do anything wrong? huh?!
(Area is silent).
O. CEO - This nitwit got his hand stuck in the welding machine, was that my fault? no it was just him being clumsy! and what was the cost of his clumsiness? a broken $2500 worth welding machine! how could you be so careless? really? how could you?!
MANUFACTURER #36 - (Sobs) I-I'm sorry sir, I-I'll get back to work! you can take $2500 off my salary to get a new welding machine.
LORENZO - Huh?!
O. CEO - Good, Good! this is the kind of attitude I want. Someone who's always willing to get back to work no matter how big a dagger strikes him. Back to work!
LORENZO - Take a rest! you don't have to get back to work.
MANUFACTURER #36 - (Sobs) No I have to! I made a vow.
LORENZO - Listen to me, don't-get-back-to-work! understood!
MANUFACTURER #36 - (Sobs) Okay.
LORENZO - Now then, I'll cover the charges for the replacement welding machine.
MANUFACTURER #36 - No y-you don't have to-
LORENZO - Listen to me, I'll cover the costs! you just take rest and get better.
SUPERVISOR - 10,539 produced.
LORENZO - Okay, let's go.
[Scene 105]
K. CEO - Start Productions!!
(Everyone at serious work)
SIDDHARTH - What's our status Derek?
DEREK - Going at a full swing! we're almost done, just one more hour and we'll be done with productions.
SIDDHARTH - Great! I'm thinking of distributing it to all the stores immediately afterwards so we could start selling tomorrow?
DEREK - Why tomorrow itself?
SIDDHARTH - Two reasons: one I have a new fresh idea and am very eager to start it, another reasons is I want to give the other two companies a hard time, the moment we start selling we'll be getting all the customers. By the time they get into selling, Bam! zero sales!
DEREK - Hahahaha!!
SIDDHARTH - Hahahaha!!
DEREK - You've really changed.
SIDDHARTH - What can I say! they challenged me! I'll be shattered they said, I'll be history they said, they'll take over they said. I didn't get a chance to say what I'll do right?
DEREK - Ho ho!! you genius! having 7 people like you will solve problems for the entire world.
SIDDHARTH - What's with the 7?
DEREK - One for each continent.
SIDDHARTH - Oh but wait, one of them would be wasted.
DEREK - Why?
SIDDHARTH - Antarctica! what am I going to do? sell Polar bear suits to everyone?
DEREK - You did it again brother!
SIDDHARTH - Hahaha! tell the XBOX CEO if he's okay with our plans.
DEREK - Sure.
[Scene 106]
X. CEO - Distributing immediately and selling tomorrow? sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to hear from the public! you can go ahead with the plans.
DEREK - Thank you sir.
X. CEO - Keep up the good work boys! I'm loving what we're doing so far. Don't forget to give Siddharth the thumbs up for me!
DEREK - Got it sir!
(Goes to the manufacturing area)
DEREK - Jia Jun, after production finishes I want you to go distribute the products all around the island with some people here alright?
JIA JUN - Got it! we're selling them tomorrow itself?
DEREK - Yes.
JIA JUN - Cool! can't wait!
[Scene 107]
LORENZO - Sir! our 10th game system and console produced!
O. CEO - I love it Lorenzo! keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the look on that Siddharth's face! oh boy he's going to piss himself so badly!
MR. STALL - Sir! Infinity have started selling!
O. CEO - W-What? the hell?! t-they started selling?? but how come? w-we started production same time as them? t-this can't be happening. Did you check all the stores! are they selling all around?
MR. STALL - Yes sir! they're selling at the primary malls in the country: Vivo City, Nex, Raffles City, 313 Somerset, even Funan Digital mall!
O. CEO - S**t!!
K. CEO - S**t!!
K. SECRETARY - Sir what do you suppose we do now?
K. CEO - Speed up productions! now! I want everything set for sales in 3 days!
K. SECRETARY - 3 days?? but we've only produced 50?
K. CEO - Well I've got news for you! no one's going home! everyone is working 72 hours straight! I don't care what you do to convince the crew: endless caffeine supply, food supply I don't care! 3 days...Sales....dot!
MR. STALL - Alright sir....w-we'll do that!
O. CEO - Thank you! now get me my-
MR. STALL - Aspirin right sir?
O. CEO - Yes.
MR. STALL - Here, sir what're you doing! you're taking too many pills at a time!
O. CEO - Oh shut up! I need it! I need 8 pills to calm down! now just leave me in peace!
(Mr. Stall leaves the CEO's Room)
SECRETARY - What happened?
MR. STALL - Call the hospital.
SECRETARY - Stress attack pills intake?
MR. STALL - Both actually. Stress levels are too damn high, he's taking 8 instead of 5 pills.
SECRETARY - Ridiculous, perfectly ridiculous! just think, our salaries are in this patients hands.
MR. STALL - What a lousy life.
[Scene 108]
I. STORE OWNER - (Announcing) Yes! the new Kinect XBOX 360! now selling at a price of $628!
CUSTOMER #89 - Woah! you hearing this bro! playing in motion.
CUSTOMER #90 - I know right! now there's no reason for our parents to say we're lazy when playing on the XBOX.
I. ASSISTANT - Hi ma'am how can I help you?
CUSTOMER #10 - Yes I'm looking for the new XBOX Kinect.
I. ASSISTANT - Right this way sir.
X. STORE OWNER - (On the phone) Sir! our sales are going well!
X. CEO - Really? how many sales?
X. STORE OWNER - It's been 4 hours since we started selling, we've made 98 sales!
X. CEO - 98 sales oh boy! I'm loving it! is this across the entire country?
X. STORE OWNER - Yes sir, I'm glad we're back on track with sales.
X. CEO - Me too, keep up the good work! (On the phone) Siddharth! we're going great!
SIDDHARTH - Yes sir I heard! I'm really happy!
X. CEO - Me too sonny! me too. I'm glad this project was a great success, thanks for collaborating with us to get to the top.
SIDDHARTH - My pleasure sir, I wish you all success from here onwards.
X. CEO - You too, and by the way are you receiving half the profits from our sales?
SIDDHARTH - Oh that? not a problem sir, I'm receiving the profits.
X. CEO - Same here. Well, I bid farewell from here onwards. Good luck sonny! it was a pleasure to work with you.
SIDDHARTH - Bye sir.
RICHARD - Well then, another successful sale that was.
SIDDHARTH - Indeed, everything went as planned, we've satisfied the customers and we've improved lives of the people.
RICHARD - What can I say, we've even gained respect of people. They rely on us to give the best of what we have.
SIDDHARTH - You're right. Well I'm not going to rush things now, we can all relax for the next few days. After the few days I'll introduce our next project.
RICHARD - Okay, I'll inform the team.
CATHY - (On the Phone) Congratulations Siddharth! you did it again.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks Cathy.
CATHY - Well? any plans?
SIDDHARTH - Plans for what?
CATHY - You know, me and you?
SIDDHARTH - You mean like-
CATHY - Yes, marriage.
SIDDHARTH - (Blushes).
CATHY - You shy Cupid?
SIDDHARTH - Listen Cathy, I-I like you the same way you like me.
CATHY - Then? what's stopping you?
SIDDHARTH - Well, now I've just thought up of another project. Once we've completed this project then we can take care of our marriage.
CATHY - Fine, but let me ask you one question: If this plan takes off, are you still willing to marry me?
SIDDHARTH - Of course, I mean you like me, I like you the same. It's just this project that's coming in between, I'll take care of this first and then attend to our matter alright?
CATHY - Well...alright then. You said you have a project coming next right? what's it on? I'm okay with starting research now itself.
SIDDHARTH - I'm planning on producing a product education-related. To improve the country's literacy rate and English scores at school.
CATHY - Great topic! I'm on it.
SIDDHARTH - Thanks, Love you.
CATHY - You're welcome. (Drops the call) Wait did he just say...(giggles).
SIDDHARTH - Oi! you still didn't leave?
RICHARD - Oh!!!!!
SIDDHARTH - Ehem!
RICHARD - Oh I left and told everyone, I came back here to get my phone until I saw this connection happening (giggles).
SIDDHARTH - Oh grow up man. A man's got to do what a man's got to do, can't remain a bachelor all my life.
RICHARD - Point taken.
[Scene 109]
NEWS CHANNEL - Top story: Infinity and XBOX released their new product out to public today, the duo has made gaming history and broken the record for most number of sales in its opening day. They go down in history for producing the world's first "in-motion" game system, their record for highest number of sales stands at 3500 in Singapore itself; overtaking Orange and Keyls by a huge margin.
O. CEO - I can't believe this! h-he never told me that he would do such a thing! (On the Phone) Hello?
K. CEO - It's me again, this Siddharth guy is driving me crazy!
O. CEO - You think?! did you see the latest headlines on TV?
K. CEO - No why?
O. CEO - The duo broke the record for highest number of sales in its opening day!
K. CEO - W-What?! seriously?
O. CEO - 3500 sales!
K. CEO - (Spills his coffee) S**t! h-how is that even possible?
O. CEO - And if that's not all they've gone down in gaming history for producing the world's first "in-motion" game system.
K. CEO - Oh god, well I can already tell we're going to be squished.
O. CEO - Same here! now that he stole everyone.
K. CEO - Just two releases so far! and this guy is already trending on Facebook, Twitter, Google and Youtube.
O. CEO - (Silent).
K. CEO - If this keeps on going he might as well become the world's biggest industrial giant!
O. CEO - (Stunned) No, No! There's no way he's becoming an industrial giant! I will not get beaten up by a young CEO!
K. CEO - Good Luck, I'm starting my sales tomorrow.
O. CEO - Oh really?
K. CEO - Yes, good luck getting there. At least I'm not last! hahaha!
O. CEO - Y-You little-
K. CEO - (Cuts the call).
O. CEO - D-Damn it! on one side I have a person playing mischief and on the other hand I have a Demon teaming up with me, what's this world coming to?
SECRETARY - Coffee?
O. CEO - Thank you (puts 2 aspirin tablets in his coffee).
SECRETARY - S-S-Sir!
O. CEO - Shush! I know what I'm doing.
(Leaves the office)
MR. STALL - Let me guess, he's at it again right?
SECRETARY - He put two aspirin tablets in his coffee.
MR. STALL - What the hell? eww! that's atrocious.
SECRETARY - Next time just order a box of laxatives instead of aspirin.
MR. STALL - What?? that's even more gross! and he takes 5 at a time! if he takes 5 laxatives thinking they're aspirin tablets he'll rot the Orange, Literally!
SECRETARY - Well I don't care! I don't like to work for a maniac! giving him laxatives instead of aspirin will shut him up. Yes we may have a few evacuations in the building but look on the bright side, we might as well get a leave.
MR. STALL - You had me at the leave.
[Scene 110]
SIDDHARTH - Hi everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the dinner celebration yesterday!
JIA JUN - It was awesome.
SIDDHARTH - Good! now then, moving onto our next project. I want to produce a product that will improve our country's literacy rate and English in terms of Language, Literature and Reading Comprehension.
I've received research information from Cathy about this project. The information is as follows: Majority of the Young children ages 5-12 prefer Fantasy and Adventure, teenagers prefer Adventure, Sci-Fi, Drama and Action. Adults aged above 20 prefer book series of any genre.
5 in 9 teenagers don't read books on a daily basis, or they never do. Many O Level students are struggling with writing proper analytic essays, mainly with structuring, analysing and explaining a subject's significance.
This is all the relevant information for you all, as usual this will all be sent via Google Docs. As an additional challenge I want you to incorporate using a tablet for this project. Good Luck! you all have 3 months.
SIT #1 - Producing a product that will improve our country's literacy rate and English.
NUS #2 - Baring in mind that we include a tablet.
JCU #1 - So how's this going to work?
ITE #2 - So let me get this straight the product we produce is a tablet, and its use will be related to improving the Literacy rate and English right?
NTU #1 - I think so.
NTU #2 - This project looks a bit too easy don't you think? I mean our clue is producing a tablet.
NUS #1 - True, well we'll just carry on with what we've been doing as always.
[Scene 111]
K. STORE OWNER - (Announcing) Welcome to Keyls Store! now selling the new KelPlay!
CUSTOMER #24 - KelPlay?
CUSTOMER #25 - A new game system I think.
CUSTOMER #24 - Lets check it out.
K. ASSISTANT - Hi how may I help you two?
CUSTOMER #24 - Just came to inquire about this KelPlay gadget.
K. ASSISTANT - It's a new game system, please come this way.
CUSTOMER #25 - I just hope that this is better than Keyls electronics.
[Scene 112]
O. CEO - Everybody speed up! we're selling them tomorrow!
CUSTOMER #24 - Sorry, not interested.
K. ASSISTANT - Okay, come again!
CUSTOMER #25 - Man I expected more from them! they never learn do they?
CUSTOMER #24 - Nope.
[Scene 113]
K. CEO - Well? any luck with the sales?
K. STORE OWNER - Sadly no sir.
K. CEO - Rrrrrr.....S**t! (on the phone) Hello?
SIDDHARTH - How's it going?
K. CEO - Oh it's you again! what do you want?
SIDDHARTH - Boy your sales are slipping! like slipping on a banana peel.
K. CEO - How dare you compare me with a banana peel! what did you call me for? what do you want from me?! can't you see your driving me crazy!?
SIDDHARTH - Oh please just calm down. This is like the only time I've contacted you, other times it was you. Did I rage? Did I lose my temper? No!
K. CEO - Listen, I'm having a bad business, nothing's working out for me, please just leave me alone!
SIDDHARTH - Oh alright, wipe your tears.
K. CEO - (Sobs) I'm not crying!!
SIDDHARTH - Uh yes you are.
K. CEO - (Whispers) Get me my hanky.
SIDDHARTH - Ah AH Ah! I told you so.
K. CEO - You just shut up alright! I'm eating onions that's why!
SIDDHARTH - Fine, I can go all day listening to your excuses for losing. Don't worry your office is in Marina Bay right? the clinic is just close by in case you lose your mind.
K. CEO - God damn you Siddharth! I will murder y-
SIDDHARTH - (Cuts the call).
K. CEO - (Phone beep) Damn...You!.....Siddharth!!!
SECRETARY - Sir any problem?! are you watching Jurassic Park again?
K. CEO - Jurassic Park?! you think I sound like a Dinosaur? (throws stationery at him).
SECRETARY - Ouch! Ouch! Okay okay! I'm leaving! I'm leaving! I'm sorry sir! just joking around!
K. CEO - Not funny...at all!
SECRETARY - Sir you won't take this off my salary right?
K. CEO - (Throws a stapler at him).
SECRETARY - Ah!!! okay okay! jeez.
DESIGNER #3 - What happened? why are you bleeding?
SECRETARY - The Dinosaur inside bit me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be at the clinic.
DESIGNER #3 - Dino..saur? oh, OH!!! hahaha! good one!!
[Scene 114]
O. STORE OWNER - (Announcing) Step right up everyone! we proudly present to you the new OrangePlay! only $450!
CUSTOMER #15 - The KelPlay was a waste of money! can't believe I walked into that crap! let's see if this is worth buying.
O. ASSISTANT - Right this way sir, here's the OrangePlay.
CUSTOMER #15 - Is this a game system?
O. ASSISTANT - Yes sir.
CUSTOMER #15 - You sure? looks like a Citrus TV, oh! there's an idea I can suggest Orange!
O. ASSISTANT - No sir this is a game system.
CUSTOMER #15 - Controllers?
O. ASSISTANT - Here sir.
CUSTOMER #15 - Weird....looks like a mini DVD player.
O. ASSISTANT - Would you like to buy it?
CUSTOMER #15 - Nah! bye!
O. ASSISTANT - Bye!
O. STORE OWNER - He said he's not buying and said farewell, and now you're saying bye back to him! how dare you!!
O. ASSISTANT - Sir, manners.
O. STORE OWNER - There are no manners in marketing! if there are, they're artificial you twit.
O. ASSISTANT - But sir-
O. STORE OWNER - $100 off your paycheck.
O. ASSISTANT - Ridiculous.
O. CEO - How're the sales going?
O. STORE OWNER - Not good at all, same result!
O. CEO - Damn it!
SIDDHARTH - (on the phone) Hello?
O. CEO - It's me Siddharth!!
SIDDHARTH - Hold it right there, are in you in rage?
O. CEO - You know I am!
SIDDHARTH - In that case I'm cutting the call.
O. CEO - Wait Wait Wait! but why?
SIDDHARTH - It's the same old routine over and over, you call me to tell me you're doing horrible, I make fun of you losing, we have an argument, I drop the call, you rage and I've been hearing rumours about you taking way too many aspirin tablets after our every call, is that true?
O. CEO - Umm...yes.
SIDDHARTH - (Drops the call).
O. CEO - S**t!! M-My aspirin! get me my aspirin!
MR. STALL - You got the laxatives ready?
SECRETARY - Here you go.
MR. STALL - Here sir!
O. CEO - Thank you! oh wait! what is this? why is this orange?
MR. STALL - I got a new set of Aspirin, extra strong pain reliever.
O. CEO - Oh thank you! (takes 5 at a time).
MR. STALL - (Shocked reaction) Oh s**t!
O. CEO - Oi! Language!!
MR. STALL - Oh sorry sir.
O. CEO - Okay, you may go now!
(leaves the office)
MR. STALL - Oh my god!! tell everyone to vacate the restrooms!!
SECRETARY - What he took 5 of them??
MR. STALL - Yes! we're going to have a s**t of time during the next couple of hours!!
LORENZO - What's going on here? why are you all panicking?
MR. STALL - Umm....
SECRETARY - (Whispers) Don't tell him the truth.
MR. STALL - W-We need to vacate the restrooms immediately!
LORENZO - Vacate the restrooms? but why?
SECRETARY - A big blast is going to happen pretty soon here!
LORENZO - Blast?? you mean bomb blast?
MR. STALL - Umm....not a bomb blast, s-something closely related to that. Something really gross.
LORENZO - Then that means not only the restroom right?
SECRETARY - He's right! we need to vacate the office rooms too! everyone!! go to the lobby! a huge accident is going to happen here!!
CREW - What?? where??
LORENZO - Guys a very disturbing blast is going to happen! is that right?
MR. STALL - Umm....yes.
LORENZO - Everyone down now!
(Crew rushes to the lobby)
O. CEO - What's going on here?
MR. STALL - Oh no!
O. CEO - Why is everyone rushing to the lobby?
LORENZO - Sir! a big disturbing accident is going to happen here!
O. CEO - Disturbing accident? nonsense! (stomach growls afterwards loudly).
LORENZO - Sir was that your stomach?
O. CEO - Yes, I mean..uh uh! I d-don't feel good.
SECRETARY - It's coming.
MR. STALL - Sir what's happening?
O. CEO - I-I need.....the restroom!!! ahh!!! it's coming! it's coming!
LORENZO - What's coming!
O. CEO - My business!! ahh!! where's the restroom!!!
SECRETARY - Where's the restroom!!
LORENZO - Umm Umm...right at the end of the hall.
O. CEO - Thanks Lorenzo! my good man!! ahh!!
LORENZO - Oi! you said there'll be a a disturbing blast! when's it happening?
MR. STALL - Now! let's evacuate!!
LORENZO - What?? but nothing happened-
(They all go to the lobby, people panicking)
MR. STALL - Everyone! listen up! the blast has begun!
PEOPLE - (Confused) Huh? it did? when?
SECRETARY - It's the CEO! he took too much aspirin and it's giving him a huge diarrhea after effect!
PEOPLE - Oh god!!
O. CEO - Oh crap! the restroom's locked under maintenance! where's the lift!!
(finds the lift and enters the lift, he's all alone there)
O. CEO - Ah! Ah!!! Ah!!!! it's coming!!! help me!!!
(he bursts everything out in the elevator, the sound of the blast was very loud)
CREW #5 - What's that smell? eww!!! ah!!!
MR. STALL - Ah!! the blast happened!!
O. CEO - (Running towards the crowd) Guys!! where's the restroom!!
LORENZO - Sir don't come near me!! eek!!!
O. CEO - Please help me!
PEOPLE - (Running around panicking).
SECRETARY - Run for your lives everyone!! ahh!!!!
O. CEO - AH!!!
[Scene 115]
DEREK - Mmm....what a beautiful smell! tacos?
RICHARD - Yes, you want one? I bought 4 of them.
DEREK - Sure thanks.
RICHARD - You know, I've been thinking: What if we just make the tablet into an eBook Library?
DEREK - eBook Library? you mean like an electronic library full of books?
RICHARD - Yes, do you think it'll work?
DEREK - I like the idea! it's great! hold on I'll check with the team if they're okay with the idea.
[Scene 116]
FIREFIGHTER #1 - Firefighters at your service!
LORENZO - The hell? who called the firefighters?
CALVIN - I did! it's stinking here you know? I accidentally ran into the elevator and found out that he busted it!
MR. STALL - Goodness me.
CALVIN - And apparently that lift travels up and down the building making this entire place a pigsty!
SECRETARY - You did the right thing for once!
FIREFIGHTER #1 - Right then where's the fire?
CALVIN - Oh it's not a fire actually.
FIREFIGHTER #2 - What?? then why did you ring us?
CALVIN - No this is way worse than fire! a disturbing blast!
FIREFIGHTER #1 - Disturbing blast? what do you mean?
CALVIN - Please there's no time! come with me and um....can I please borrow your firefighting suit?
FIREFIGHTER #2 - Sure.....it's in the truck.
CALVIN - Thanks (Rushes to the van).
(Meanwhile in the restroom, Secretary enters with a nose plug)
SECRETARY - Sir? are you doing good in there?
O. CEO - (Struggling) Sadly no, seven flushes and I'm not clear yet.
SECRETARY - Okay then.....well just hang in there and don't come out just yet.
O. CEO - Why?
SECRETARY - Umm.....we...called the firefighters! (runs out the restroom door).
O. CEO - You called the firefighters?!!
[Scene 117]
ITE #2 - It's a good idea! I mean it fits perfectly environmentally and educationally.
DEREK - How?
NUS #1 - What he's trying to say is that many trees are logged down for making paper and then eventually books, when they're in store sometimes people don't purchase them and they just end up wasted, sitting at some old corner of the big library. The idea of having a huge eBook library on tablets environmentally supports the trees from being logged down.
JCU #2 - And at this point of time people are more attracted to technology compared to other stuff. Introducing the concept of reading books on tablets will attract many people.
NTU #1 - The idea of accessing millions of books on a tablet will appeal to many people because they won't have to travel long distances for a book purchase.
SIT #2 - People can purchase books on tablets for half the price of an original book. That way profits for the authors and publishers won't slip as well as ours.
NUS #2 - You can read it anytime, anywhere.
JIA JUN - I have nothing to say really except, we've got ourselves another hit product coming up.
[Scene 118]
FIREFIGHTER #2 - S**t!
FIREFIGHTER #1 - S**t!
FIREFIGHTER #3 - What is this?! it's all over the elevator and the floors! the smell is awful!!
CALVIN - What you just said, that's what it is.
FIREFIGHTER #2 - S**t?
CALVIN - Yes.
FIREFIGHTER #3 - Oh my god!! this is revolting!
FIREFIGHTER #1 - It's worse than fire you said, and this is what you bring me to?
CALVIN - Well yes.
FIREFIGHTER #1 - Do we look like plumbers to you?
CALVIN - One thing straight: plumbers can only handle what's in a toilet, not something that affects an entire building. That's where you guys come in.
FIREFIGHTER #3 - And what do you expect us to use to clear this??
CALVIN - What's in your hand?
FIREFIGHTER #2 - A hose- oh my god! you want us to-
CALVIN - Yes, you know it!
FIREFIGHTER #2 - Damn!!
CALVIN - I'll be downstairs.
FIREFIGHTER #1 - Oi! keep in mind that this ain't fire so you better stay with us.
CALVIN - $50, $100, $150...
FIREFIGHTER #2 - You had us at $100, you go ahead.
FIREFIGHTER #3 - So there I was those days, saving many innocent lives from dangerous fires.
FIREFIGHTER #1 - I remember the time I stopped a fire from wiping out an entire school.
FIREFIGHTER #2 - Good times......and here we are on s**t-duty!!
FIREFIGHTER #3 - If you'll excuse me, I'll be in the restroom.
FIREFIGHTER #1 - Sure, make it quick!
(goes to the restroom in the lobby, he accidentally goes into the CEO's cubicle)
FIREFIGHTER #3 - Now then-
O. CEO - AHH!!!
FIREFIGHTER #3 - AHH!!! (rushes out of the cubicle).
O. CEO - You idiot!! can't you see I'm occupied!
FIREFIGHTER #3 - Why didn't you lock the door!
O. CEO - I didn't lock the? (face palms) Oh s**t!
[Scene 119]
(3 hours later, in the CEO's office)
O. CEO - (Shocked).
MR. STALL - (Shocked).
SECRETARY - (Shocked).
LORENZO - Y-You okay sir?
O. CEO - Yes, yes I'm fine. It was just another day at work, and then....BAM!!
MR. STALL - Ah!
SECRETARY - Ah!
O. CEO - A hell of a disturbing explosion by me. I was in perfect health, and then all of sudden out of nowhere this happened. Can anyone tell me why? am I getting old? is it my diet?
LORENZO - It's your medication.
MR. STALL - (Whispers) Oh god.
LORENZO - You took too many aspirin tablets sir that's why, too much of something is poisonous.
O. CEO - Okay, now what do insist on that?
LORENZO - Just for now take 1 tablet instead of 5 at once, it's for the best.
O. CEO - I have to say that was very helpful, you just saved me time from going for a health check-up.
SECRETARY - (Whispers) Thank god, if he knew about this-
O. CEO - Ehem, what's going on there between you two?
SECRETARY - Nothing sir, we're just reminding ourselves to keep track of how many pills you take at a time from now on.
O. CEO - Well yes, good on you. Now since you insisted on that, I'm now very scared to take 1 pill.
MR. STALL - It's okay sir. For the first time you'll be scared, as you get used to it you'll feel bombastic about it.
O. CEO - What?? you expect me to blow up again??
MR. STALL - No sir...I m-meant your personality, y-you'll feel bombastic.
O. CEO - Oh okay. Well then, I conclude this event by saying that this was the most ridiculous part of my entire working life and I don't wish to come across this ever again. You all may leave.
(Leaves the room)
LORENZO - Well then...back to work (goes off).
MR. STALL - Operation CEO: Success!
SECRETARY - Yes!
[Scene 120]
(3 months later)
DEREK - Siddharth! we're ready!
SIDDHARTH - Okay I'm coming! (goes to the main area) now then hit me!
SIT #1 - We are proud to present a new innovation into the world. Tablets for this day onwards would finally have a proper use!
SIDDHARTH - Interesting, carry on.
NUS #2 - We've come up with "Kindle"! Kindle is the name for our tablet product, it's an eBook Library.
SIDDHARTH - eBook library?
NTU #1 - Yes, an electronic library. Many trees are logged down to make paper, and then eventually made into a book. Many people buy them and it's worth the logging, but then on the other hand we have some people who don't purchase them at all and eventually all the hard work's gone to waste.
JCU #2 - Technology in this current era is what drives the world! the idea of accessing millions of books on a tablet makes it both convenient for the customers and appealing to all.
SIDDHARTH - Wow! I love where this is going.
ITE #1 - This is how this works, you create your kindle account on this device by giving in your email address and password. After that you go the the Library and find a book you want to read.
ITE #2 - It's not free, customers have to pay half the price for the book before reading them on kindle. Once they've made their purchase using credit card, within the next 5 minutes the customers would have access to the book and they can read on their tablets. Simple as that!
NUS #2 - You can read anytime, anywhere!
NTU #2 - And this won't affect the customers vision while reading for two reasons: It's built in retina display and also the word texts in the eBooks are slightly enlarged to stop people straining their eyes.
SIDDHARTH - Brilliant! (claps) It's an excellent idea, really. Now then, you all know the drill, work....into the market....hit sale.....Celebration.
(Everyone at work)
[Scene 121]
CATHY - (On the Phone) Hello Siddharth?
SIDDHARTH - Yes Cathy?
CATHY - Yes a-are you busy today?
SIDDHARTH - No not really why?
CATHY - I um....want to see if my parents can talk with your parents about our marriage.
SIDDHARTH - Oh okay, I'm fine with that. You can attend to that now if you want.
CATHY - Yes but...c-can you make it? I-I'll be there too.
SIDDHARTH - Let me see um....okay, I-I'll make it.
CATHY - Thanks.
SIDDHARTH - Richard!
RICHARD - Yes.
SIDDHARTH - Can you take charge while I'm gone? I'm going to be gone for the rest of the afternoon.
RICHARD - Sure.
SIDDHARTH - And um....If anyone of those snobby CEO's ring you just laugh and put the phone down.
RICHARD - (Giggles) okay, okay.
SIDDHARTH - I'm serious, they can't take the fact that I'm beating them.
RICHARD - Okay, bye!
SIDDHARTH - Bye.
[Scene 122]
K. CEO - Any luck?
K. STORE OWNER - (on the phone) Just 7 have been sold, really disappointing don't you think?
K. CEO - Yes, you're right. Finally someone who understands me.
K. STORE OWNER - I'm here for you sir, anytime.
K. CEO - Thank you, just checking. (Drops the call) (tense).
SECRETARY - Sir any plans for our next project?
K. CEO - That's what I'm thinking about now. I'm not even going to be at the back of Siddharth this time. I'm just going to produce what I want to produce, regardless of that I should still be able to overtake him.
SECRETARY - Product idea?
K. CEO - (Turns around with eye contact) Camera.
SECRETARY - Camer-
K. CEO - I want to try making a Professional camera. Singapore's a beautiful city, many people strive to get glimpses of the best spots here. I say we give them what they want!
SECRETARY - Now you're talking!
[Scene 123]
C. DAD - You know my daughter Cathy don't you?
S. DAD - Yes, you're friend at NUS right?
SIDDHARTH - Yes Dad.
C. MUM - Well I have no objections to make I mean, you already know each other pretty well. You both have an equal status, what do you say honey?
C. DAD - I'm with you on this one, what do you say? fixed?
S. MUM - Sure! we're okay with it.
CATHY - (Fist pumps).
S. DAD - So what do you say? happy now?
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
C. MUM - You happy dear?
CATHY - Yes.
S. MUM - Which days do you want the engagement and wedding to be on?
SIDDHARTH - Um....right now I'm currently busy with my project, it'll take another month or two for me to finish. Afterwards we can have this.
C. DAD - Okay then, you're obviously busy with work and all. I can accept that, right now it's what: July 2nd? I say we have the engagement day on September 25th and wedding on November 5th.
C. MUM - Why those days?
C. DAD - I don't know, just struck me. Oh yes now I remember! those are public holidays.
S. MUM - Ah yes, you guys okay with that?
CATHY - Yes.
SIDDHARTH - Yes.
[Scene 124]
LORENZO - Sir any plans for our next project?
O. CEO - Umm.....hold on for a second, p-please wait outside.
LORENZO - Sure.
(goes out)
MR. STALL - He's going to call up Siddharth isn't he?
LORENZO - Same drill over and over.
MR. STALL - I'll get the aspirin.
RICHARD - (On the phone) Uh oh! Siddharth's phone is ringing! but who? (on the phone) Hello?
O. CEO - Siddharth it's me.
RICHARD - Umm....(puts the phone away from his ear) who is this guy? (on the phone) um....who are you again?
O. CEO - Do I have to repeat who I am every-single-time?!
RICHARD - I seriously have no clue.
O. CEO - I'm the CEO! god damn it! wow! why is it so hard!
RICHARD - (Put the phone away from his ear) Oh that's who he is? now then what did I have to do if he called? oh yes. (On the phone) ehem, ehem! ehem ehem!
O. CEO - Oi! what're you doing? coughing all over on the phone?
RICHARD - Ehem! wait for it! ehem! hahahhahhaahahaha!!
O. CEO - Shut up, Shut up! shut-up!!
RICHARD - (Cuts the call).
O. CEO - He cut the phone didn't he, every-time! how does he cut me off with such good timing?
MR. STALL - Sir your-
O. CEO - Nope! don't even think about it!
MR. STALL - But sir you're-
O. CEO - Two reasons! I'm scared that I'm going to go on a mad s**t spree like last time, secondly I'm already used to this. You know what, throw that god damn aspirin in the trash!
MR. STALL - Sure sir.
(leaves the office room)
LORENZO - Did he-
MR. STALL - Learned his lesson, finally!! listen up everyone! no aspirin for him anymore!
CREW - Woohoo!
[Scene 125]
(2 months later)
I. STORE OWNER - (Announcing) Infinity proudly presents their new product: Kindle!
CUSTOMER #10 - Kindle?
CUSTOMER #11 - Must be something good, let's check it out!
I. ASSISTANT - Hi how can I help you two?
CUSTOMER #10 - We came here to inquire about Kindle, what is it?
I. ASSISTANT - Kindle is a tablet produced by Infinity, used to access the ever big eBook library.
CUSTOMER #10 - Woah! so y-you mean like reading electronic books??
CUSTOMER #11 - And being able to access millions of books through this tablet?
I. ASSISTANT - Spot on! that's exactly what it's used for.
CUSTOMER #10 - This is amazing! wait do we have to pay to read books?
I. ASSISTANT - Of course sir, but you only pay half the price for each book on kindle. You simply just create your kindle account, browse through all the books, search for the one you're looking for, click pay - through Credit card and afterwards you'll have access to that book. Read it anytime, anywhere on your tablet.
CUSTOMER #10 - Lovely! how much is it?
I. ASSISTANT - It's $125.
CUSTOMER #11 - Very decent price, I'll take one!
I. ASSISTANT - Thank you sir, come with me to the cashier.
CUSTOMER #25 - Kindle?
CUSTOMER #10 - A tablet where you can electronically read books.
CUSTOMER #25 - Sweet! how much are they?
CUSTOMER #10 - $125.
CUSTOMER #25 - I'm in for a purchase!
[Scene 126]
NEWS CHANNEL - Just in! Infinity has released yet another hit product: Kindle. Kindle is a tablet which customers can use to access millions of books, purchase them and read. The stores are filling up in all the Infinity store branches, 12 hours through the opening day and they've in total made 30,500 sales. Now I'll hand it over to Michelle who's at the Raffles City Infinity store, Michelle can you give us an insight of what's currently going on?
MICHELLE - Yes as you can see we're 12 hours through the opening day and there are still more people rushing into the stores to get their Kindle purchases. I recently spoke with the store owner and he told me that they were having nonstop sales from morning till now. Many shifts were taken in between the afternoon and evening times to replace the cashiers and assistants.
MR. STALL - Uh oh! looks like he needs aspirin again, s-sir you need aspirin!
O. CEO - (Mad) I-don't-need-aspirin!!
SECRETARY - (Whispers) Such a sour puss, his face is as red as a tomato.
O. CEO - I just can't believe what I'm going through! just when I've recovered from overwhelming stress and the terrible blast, this happens!
SECRETARY - Well...we did have nothing to do for the past 2 months, what did you expect?
O. CEO - I expected someone like Lorenzo to give me an idea of what we can produce. Poor chap, he's all drained out like me.
K. CEO - Darn! that Siddharth's at it again! how far are we with producing cameras?
SECRETARY - Just halfway through sir.
K. CEO - Well speed up!
[Scene 127]
EDUCATION MINISTER - Good afternoon Teachers, Parents and Students of all schools in Singapore. It is our job to give the best of what we can to students so they as well as us can grow as a nation. I've just received reports of the new product Kindle, the technology team has been testing them out in terms of safety, educational factors etc. It brings me great pleasure to introduce the Kindle: A new tool for all students to utilize at school.
Whether you're aware or not, Kindle is a tablet containing this huge eBook library. We are given the freedom to access books of countless genres ranging from fantasy all the way down to strategies and biographies. All the books in this eBook library contain books appropriate from ages 3 and above, so this is also useful for Kindergarten students to use. Giving the kindergarten students access to such a powerful tool will give the best of what they need for learning English.
I urge all the parents to get their children a Kindle, it's only $125. Take your time because I'm giving you 3 months to get your children one, after three months I expect to see all the students fully making use of Kindle. Don't worry about health precautions, it's specified that it's built in retina display. Thank you!
AUDIENCE - (Applause).
(3 months later, in school)
E. TEACHER - By now all of you have a Kindle right?
STUDENTS - Yes.
E. TEACHER - Great! now I want you all to create a Kindle account. Use your school email address and password to create your account. Afterwards I want you join our class group: to find our class group click on "Group", type in the search bar "ChatsworthY10".
Once you've joined the class group I want you all to use the rest of the period to browse through all the books, find out the ones you like and don't like.
[Scene 128]
CATHY - Congratulations!
SIDDHARTH - Thanks!
CATHY - So...you ready for our engagement tonight?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, never felt better.
CATHY - (Giggles).
(At the wedding hall)
C. DAD - Hi! welcome! please come in!
S. MUM - Hi! please come in!
DEREK - You got Siddharth a gift?
JIA JUN - Yes, let's go in.
(Calvin walks by and sees the banner outside the wedding hall saying "Cathy and Siddharth" engagement.)
CALVIN - (On the phone) Sir sir!
O. CEO - What is it? oh, oh! really?! okay then, Ah I've got it! I've got a brilliant master plan, yes come back! (drops the call) I see Siddharth's getting engaged to Cathy, when chances like this come you just take them! (On the phone) Hello.
K. CEO - What is it?
O. CEO - Siddharth! he's having his engagement today.
K. CEO - Yes what about it?
O. CEO - He'll be off duty most of the time from now on because of his life event won't he?
K. CEO - Yes go on?
O. CEO - I say we sabotage!
K. CEO - Sabotage?! b-but how?
O. CEO - 2 big opportunities have come to us! All the schools in the country depend on his Kindle product, Siddharth's busy with his life meaning-
K. CEO - Hahaha! we got the loop!
O. CEO - Yes!
K. CEO - So how's this going to work?
O. CEO - I know where Infinity's warehouse is, it's in Pasir Ris. Not much people go there, we'll sneak in, apply a glitch on all of his Kindle products, that way his sales will get spoiled and he'll get sacked.
K. CEO - Woohoo!!
O. CEO - That Siddharth is shattered to pieces this time.
[Scene 129]
PHOTOGRAPHER - One photo please!
SIDDHARTH - Come here team, group photo!
(Snap)
O. CEO - Calvin, you and a person from Keyls are teaming up together to sabotage Siddharth's Kindle products okay?
CALVIN - Got it.
K. CEO - Apply the glitch onto his product and make sure no one sees you.
ALFRED - Sure.
CATHY - Siddharth I'm going to wash my face, I'll be back.
SIDDHARTH - Sure.
RICHARD - So, how's it going so far? enjoying yourself?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, I feel very relaxed.
DEREK - You deserve it, all your hard work from square one paid off.
SIDDHARTH - Although I'm still getting a feeling that someone's about to attack me.
JIA JUN  - What? nonsense. Who would want to attack you?
SIDDHARTH - Who else, the CEO's.
RICHARD - Ah! you mean those fools. Don't worry about it, they couldn't even tell if I'm Siddharth or not! man and these guys are trying to attack you? fairytale!
SIDDHARTH - You're probably right. One will be taking aspirin and the other one would be jumping off walls.
[Scene 130]
(At the Infinity Warehouse)
CALVIN - Coast is clear, everyone's probably at Siddharth's engagement.
ALFRED - Cool, here I brought a sledgehammer.
(breaks open the warehouse lock)
ALFRED - Woah, it's stuffy in here.
CALVIN - It's a warehouse, what do you expect.
ALFRED - Okay now close the shutters and turn on the lights in here.
(Lights turned on)
CALVIN - I found a directory about which product is in which section. Kindle: Section 205 which is down the hall.
ALFRED - Let's go.
CALVIN - Found them!
ALFRED - Okay shush! you're going to alert someone.
CALVIN - Oh okay. I brought all 50 glitch USB's, insert them into the Kindle charging slots, it'll only take 5 seconds for each product.
ALFRED - Cool, let's get onto it and quick! how many kindle products are there here?
CALVIN - The Status on the board says 9,000.
ALFRED  - Okay then move quickly!
[Scene 131]
RICHARD - I would like to propose toast to the one and only Siddharth! Founder and CEO of Infinity, started from the bottom and now we're at the very peak.
PEOPLE - (Applause, clings their drink glasses).
SIDDHARTH - Oh please Richard, it was a team effort. A one man army doesn't exist in a team building challenge. I just did the foundation, the main structure were these people.
PEOPLE - (Applause).
S. MUM - Oh come on Siddharth you're at your engagement, not a business meeting.
PEOPLE - (Laughs).
SIDDHARTH - Oh sorry, forgot.
CATHY - Come on Siddharth, this is our time remember?
SIDDHARTH - Yes, I remember.
[Scene 132]
O. CEO - How is it going?
CALVIN - Almost done, 100 more to glitch.
O. CEO - Brilliant! good job. Come back and you'll get a $5000 increment.
CALVIN - Oh thank you sir.
O. CEO - I'm ready to do anything as long as it deletes my enemies.
ALFRED - We're done.
CALVIN - We're done sir.
O. CEO - Great! now cover your tracks and leave the place as it was.
CALVIN - Let's get out, scoot!
(Switched off the lights)
ALFRED - You have the replacement padlock?
CALVIN - Yes (fits in the replacement).
ALFRED - You sure we won't get caught? because this padlock looks way different than the original.
CALVIN - Oh don't bother, like they're going to take notice of padlocks.
[Scene 133]
(2 weeks later, at Marina Barrage)
CATHY - Siddharth! your phone is ringing!
SIDDHARTH - Coming! (on the phone) Hello?
I. STORE OWNER - Siddharth! big trouble! the customers are creating a riot here!
SIDDHARTH - What?? w-why?
I. STORE OWNER - It's the kindle product! they say it's not working!
SIDDHARTH - I'm on my way! where are you?
I. STORE OWNER - Plaza Singapura.
SIDDHARTH - Okay, I'll be there in 20 minutes. Cathy I'm rushing over to Plaza Singapura, customers are creating a riot.
CATHY - Wait what? a riot??
SIDDHARTH - Yes, be right back!
(Rushes to Plaza Singapura)
CUSTOMERS - We want a refund!! this is unacceptable!! we trusted you and this is how you trick us!! is there no hope in this era??
I. ASSISTANT - Everyone please calm down! please!!
SIDDHARTH - Move! out of the way! silence! what's going on here?
CUSTOMER #1 - Oh it's the CEO! what a surprise!
SIDDHARTH - Please just tell me, what's the problem?
CUSTOMER #2 - It's your kindle product. It's all jacked up! I'm an English teacher at a school and my students' grammar are getting worse because of your product!
SIDDHARTH - I'm not seeing the problem!
CUSTOMER #2 - Look here! this is a page from the Hunger Games book, look at the grammar, the punctuation and spelling!
SIDDHARTH - Oh my god! is this a-an issue for everyone?
CUSTOMERS - Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! what're you going to do about it??
POLICE OFFICER - Hi Siddharth! we're sacking you for producing such a product.
SIDDHARTH - S-Sacked?? s-sir please I can assure you that I'm not solely responsible for this!
CUSTOMERS - Yes you are!! yes you are!! you liar!!
POLICE OFFICER - Right then, I'm going with you on this one. You'll have to join us in this investigation.
SIDDHARTH - Okay sir.
[Scene 134]
SIDDHARTH - Department! I just want to inform you that I'm not responsible for this. Although I am the producer.
POLICE OFFICER - Alright then, since you're they key figure in this investigation I want you to guide us into finding the problem. If you can't then we have no choice but to sack you permanently.
SIDDHARTH - Okay, I'll take on the investigation. I remember getting positive reviews from the customers about the kindle product.
POLICE OFFICER - So?
SIDDHARTH - So the fault isn't behind the first batch of kindle products sold, it's behind the next coming products sold. I want to know which dates the spoilt kindle products were sold on.
POLICE OFFICER - Right then! everyone go around the city getting the dates! let's go go go!!
(Everyone leaves expect for Siddharth)
SIDDHARTH - (Sits down on a chair thinking hard).
NEWS CHANNEL - Just in, a big riot going on around all the Infinity stores! customers say that their purchase of kindle was a waste because it's not functioning properly. Many schools are attacking Siddharth and want him to get sacked.
O. CEO - Hahahaha!
K. CEO - Hahahaha!
O. CEO - Just what I wanted! Just what I needed!
K. CEO - Now I'm relieved! now I can move forward in my business!
MR. STALL - Sir did you hear?
O. CEO - Yes! Yes! he's going to get sacked! he's going to get sacked! (laughing) oh boy! this made my day.
K. CEO - Siddharth....now broken glass. Muhahahaha!!
O. CEO - He-is-Orange Juice!!! Mr. Stall! tell the team we're having a celebration night tonight!
MR. STALL - Sure, what if they ask reasons why?
O. CEO - Just tell them that we're recognizing our elite team, and we haven't had a celebration since the start.
MR. STALL - Okay sir, I'm on it.
[Scene 135]
I. ASSISTANT - September 26th.
I. ASSISTANT - September 26th.
I. ASSISTANT - September 27th.
I. ASSISTANT - September 30th.
POLICE OFFICER - Thank you.
CONSTABLE #1 - Sir all the dates follow from late September and early October.
POLICE OFFICER - Yes I realized.
(Back to the Police Station)
POLICE OFFICER - Siddharth! all the dates follow from late September and early October.
SIDDHARTH - Can you hand over the dates to me? thanks. (Takes a look at all the dates and is shocked) 26th, 26th, 26th, 26th, 27th, 27th.......wait a second hold on? I want to know who purchased kindle on 25th.
CONSTABLE - I did sir.
POLICE OFFICER - What you?
CONSTABLE - Sir it was my wife's birthday on the 25th, I bought her a kindle last minute.
SIDDHARTH - Did it function properly? is it working alright?!
CONSTABLE - Yes sir it's working alright.
POLICE OFFICER - Give her a call to check again.
CONSTABLE - Sure sir. (on the phone) Hello dear? it's me! yes. I want to ask whether your kindle is working properly, okay, okay, okay thanks dear bye! love you. (drops the call) It's working perfectly fine.
SIDDHARTH - 25th was my engagement day.
POLICE OFFICER - Engagement day?
SIDDHARTH - And I invited my entire team including.....the people from the warehouse!!
POLICE OFFICER - Yes what about it?
SIDDHARTH - Sir something tells me that someone intentionally sabotaged my products! I can feel it!
POLICE OFFICER - But you have no evidence! how can you prove something like that?
SIDDHARTH - It falls right into place! I mean some black sheep must've found out that I'm having my engagement that evening and invited my entire team. They must've taken the opportunity to try something bad! and um....that's it! my warehouse has a padlock!! I'll check with the warehouse people if there's something wrong with the padlock. (on the phone) Hello? it's me Siddharth! i-is there something wrong with the padlock that locks the entire warehouse? oh! Oh!! t-thank you very much! (drops the call) sir it's true!
POLICE OFFICER - (Shocked).
SIDDHARTH - My warehouse men just told me that their usual padlock is a huge metal design, now it's a blue plastic metal padlock.
POLICE OFFICER - So you're telling me that someone has broken into your warehouse and done something to your kindle products?
SIDDHARTH - Yes and and......I have my company's self made security camera all over the warehouse!!
POLICE OFFICER - Then what're we waiting for let's go!!
[Scene 136]
WORKER #1 - Hi boss! what brings you to the warehouse?
SIDDHARTH - I want to check the security cameras.
WORKER #1 - Sure, come this way.
(Goes to the security centre in the warehouse)
WORKER #1 - Which date do you want to check?
SIDDHARTH - 25th September.
WORKER #1 - Okay (plays the tape).
SIDDHARTH - Go forward, forward, forward. My engagement started at 5:00pm, start from 5:00pm.
WORKER #1 - Okay.
SIDDHARTH - Okay good! no one's inside yet. Oh wait what's that sound?!
POLICE OFFICER - Sounds like someone jacking the padlock.
SIDDHARTH - Yes! I knew it!! keep going!
POLICE OFFICER - Siddharth look! there are two people coming inside in this camera!
SIDDHARTH - Spot on sir! I can't see their faces clearly though. Oh wait! they turned on the lights!
POLICE OFFICER - Oh god.
SIDDHARTH - Wait I know this person on the left!
POLICE OFFICER - Does he work for your warehouse?
SIDDHARTH - No he doesn't, his name is on the tip of my tongue...C-C-Calvin!
POLICE OFFICER - Calvin??
SIDDHARTH - That's him! h-he works for Orange.
POLICE TEAM - (Shocked).
SIDDHARTH - Let's not jump conclusions just yet, I want to see what they do.
CONSTABLE - Look in this camera sir! they're going for the kindle products!
POLICE OFFICER - Just as I thought.
CONSTABLE - Sir look they're inserting the USB's into all the kindle products!
SIDDHARTH - That's it! they've spoilt the products using whatever those USB's were.
POLICE OFFICER - Pause the clip! zoom in on that USB! enhance the zoom in and remove pixellations.
CONSTABLE - Sir it's a Glitch USB! version 5.6.
SIDDHARTH - Damn those fools! they've inserted a glitch into my products. This particular glitch is used for changing structures, grammar, punctuation and English itself.
POLICE OFFICER - Boys we have our evidence! Siddharth you're off the hook.
SIDDHARTH - Oh thank you sir!
POLICE OFFICER - Now then boys, take this evidence to court! I'll handle the arrests now itself.
[Scene 137]
CATHY - (on the phone) Siddharth I heard on the news about the riots in your stores! what's going on?
SIDDHARTH - Long story, I've just found the solution. Just hang in there okay? the police have cleared me, I'm not getting sacked.
CATHY - Phew! thank god! my parents were getting bad feelings about our wedding.
SIDDHARTH - Stay strong dear, I'll come back.
(Meanwhile at Orange Headquarters)
GUARD - Morning sir!
POLICE OFFICER - Morning! CEO's office?
GUARD - Upstairs, 6th floor.
POLICE OFFICER - Thank you.
CALVIN - (Sees the Police coming from the first floor) Uh oh! they're coming! (on the phone) Sir the Police are here!
O. CEO - W-What?? for what reason?
CALVIN - I think we're caught!
O. CEO - Okay, just do as I say. Remain calm and don't be near them okay?
CALVIN - Okay.
POLICE OFFICER - (From behind Calvin) Hands up!
CALVIN - (Shocked) (puts his hands up).
O. CEO - (Shocked) w-what happened?!
POLICE OFFICER - (Takes Calvin's phone and listen's to the CEO's talk).
O. CEO - Oi Calvin! you there?! did he get you? don't tell him our master plan! keep your mouth taped!
POLICE OFFICER - (Sign languages towards Calvin) CEO?
CALVIN - (Guilty look) Yes.
O. CEO - Oi! are you listening to me?
POLICE OFFICER - Yes! and I'm on my way up to arrest you.
O. CEO - (Shocked) P-P-Police?!
POLICE OFFICER - Yes. Boys!! upstairs!! CEO's office!!
O. CEO - Oh s**t!! they're coming for me! where should I hide?? I'll hide in the cupboard.
LORENZO - Sir have you seen my phone around here?
O. CEO - Shush!
LORENZO - Sir? oh you're in the cupboard.
(Police team enters)
LORENZO - Oh sir, why are the police here?
O. CEO - (Whispers) You idiot!!
POLICE OFFICER - Get him boys!!
(Constables arrest the CEO) (CEO's office phone rings)
POLICE OFFICER - (Reacts to the phone and picks it up).
K. CEO - I just overheard that the Police are investigating the Kindle products! they're finding clues regarding whether this was a sabotage or not..
POLICE OFFICER - (Sign languages towards the CEO) Two people involved in this sabotage?
O. CEO - Yes! Yes!! arrest him too!! he's the Keyls CEO!
K. CEO - We need to be on our guards this time.
POLICE OFFICER - Team!! round up at Keyls headquarters! we're getting their CEO too!
K. CEO - W-What?? w-who are you??
POLICE OFFICER - Police!!
K. CEO - (Shocked).
POLICE OFFICER - Go go go!!
K. CEO - Oh s**t!!
POLICE OFFICER - (on the phone) Siddharth we got our hands on the troublemakers! turns out it was a four people sabotage, the CEO's were involved in this.
SIDDHARTH - I knew it! thank you sir.
[Scene 138]
(At Court)
LAWYER #1 - Your honour! here's the documented evidence of the sabotage.
(Clip played)
CEO's - (Shocked)
O. CEO - (Whispers to Calvin) You idiots didn't see the security cameras!
CALVIN - (Whispers) I didn't know they would have security cameras in a warehouse.
JUDGE - Quiet! I've come to a final verdict. The sabotage act conducted by both CEO's and their helpers has caused huge riots in all the Infinity stores, dropped their company's sales and caused much anger to the purchasers of kindle. A huge strike was conducted by the parents and students for the shut down of kindle products.
These after events were fatal. So in this court I come to a conclusion: Both CEO's pay up a fine of $15 million; $6 million to the government for causing riots and strikes and $9 million to Infinity for their heavy losses. Along with that a jail term up to 10 years or sales suspension for both companies.
O. CEO - What?! t-this is injustice!
K. CEO - What kind of choices are these?!
JUDGE - Order in the court!! you choose or we the Jury choose for you.
JURY - (Furious with them) Jail!! suspension!!
PUBLIC - (Watching this on TV at home, giving shocked reactions).
CEO's - We're not deciding! they both suck! Jury decide!!
JUDGE - Alright! Jury!!
JURY - Jail!! Jail!! Jail!!
JUDGE - Right! Jail term it is! four of you will serve a jail term up to 10 years.
SIDDHARTH - Yes!
PUBLIC - (Celebrations).
JUDGE - Court dismissed! (Hits the hammer).
(CEO's are handcuffed and taken to jail, they give a vengeance look towards Siddharth on their way out).
"You've always got to be sportive when in such competitions. Whether it be sports, studies, arts etc. It's an attitude that suits the competition spirit. Life is not a competition, it's a challenge! and each challenge is different for everyone else.
You're never going to win always because no one is perfect, and if you do win always it means you haven't faced your real competition yet, and when that competition comes you have two choices: Accept and face the challenge or close the offer. In every competition the end result stays the same: Acceptance"
 

© 2016 Aravind Raju


Author's Note

Aravind Raju
There may be a few grammar errors as it's been a year since I finished writing this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on May 18, 2016
Last Updated on May 18, 2016
Tags: Business, Thriller, Technology, Innovation, Design

Author

Aravind Raju
Aravind Raju

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
I'm a 16 Year Old, with a great passion for creative writing. Aside from creative writing, I also compose music, represent school in tennis and badminton teams. Apart from writing, I've directed a.. more..

Writing
Dumb Flu Dumb Flu

A Story by Aravind Raju


One One

A Story by Aravind Raju