1. The Assault

1. The Assault

A Chapter by ArchAngeL009

Previous Version
This is a previous version of 1. The Assault.



 

DOG GREEN SECTOR - OMAHA BEACH, FRANCE

6 JUNE 1944

 

File:Omaha beach dog green.jpg

 

6:35 am

It had only been five minutes since the soldiers of the 29th Infantry Division first landed on the Omaha beachhead, but the seawater was already dyed in crimson red, countless corpses of the American soldiers were lying all over the coast. The German defences were unusually strong, within minutes, the casualties of the American soldiers reached possibly a hundred or more. Most of the amphibious tanks sank before reaching the beach, many of the soldiers were drown in the sea before they could land and fight for their country.

Almost all of the US troops who came in the first wave were killed under the continuous bombards of the Germans, but four men remained alive.

“What the hell should we do now, Captain Miller?” said Private Jeremy Goldberg.

“The second wave will be arriving soon, we’ll wait for them, and then we’ll kill all the f*****g Germans.” replied Captain Daniel Miller in calm and measured tones as he was looking upward at the German defences on the hills.

The Germans are smart, yes, but how the hell did they know about the assault plan, thought Captain Miller. The four of them were hiding behind a massive boulder under the hills, making them not visible to the Germans. But, it was only a matter of time until the Germans found out their “hideout”, they couldn’t be hiding there forever.

“What? Are you serious?  What if the tanks sink before they even have the chance to land, I mean, you see, look at the previous tanks, they were all blown into...” Private Goldberg said.

“Oh, shutup, Goldberg.” said Sergeant Steven Horvath. “Listen to what Captain Miller says, he’s the captain, not you, so just shut the f**k up.”

“Quiet.” Captain Miller whispered. “What Goldberg says is not completely wrong, our tanks will easily get blown up by their rocket launchers.”

            “But…” Horvath said.

“Now, listen.” said Captain Miller “I’ve got a plan, the main problem now is the rocket launchers and the anti-tank guns, these machines are the reasons why our tanks couldn’t land. So, what we have to do now is to disable these f*****g machines and then victory will be ours.”

“Sounds pretty simple, but how do we disable those things? There are dozens of them and they are all over the place.” said Goldberg.

            “Look.” Captain Miller pointed at a spot on the map. “This is where  we’ll go.”

“The control room?” Sergeant Horvath thought for a second and nodded. “Captain Miller’s right, if the control room is destroyed, all of those rocket launchers will be of no use.”

“Jeez, the control room’s deep behind the enemy’s line, getting in there is suicide.” Goldberg protested.

 “Are you going to lay there and get killed, or get up and do something about it?” said Captain Miller in anger.

Goldberg remained silent.

Captain Miller looked across the coast, dozens of US amphibious tanks were approaching the shore. He took out his canteen and swallowed the remaining liquor into his throat.

Putting away his canteen, he held his rifle tightly in the clench of his fist.

 “Roll out, soldiers.” he yelled.

 

 



© 2010 ArchAngeL009




Featured Review

Get blunt. Right, I've been to war, I've been in the Special Boat Service, and I know that when you're in the battlefield, you talk acronyms, shortcuts, and snappy phrases. I can tell you, enemy territory, plus being shot at, not a pleasant place to be. As below, you need to make decisions quickly, and with intent.

I realise you've changed it since Coyote wrote his review, but I tell you, you'l probably still need to get familiar with the military terminology in that time period. You write as if it was happening in modern times (that was one of the biggest flaws of 'Saving Private Ryan').

Otherwise, I like it. It's well written, interesting, and definitely intriguing. Keep at it, this could turn out very, very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

pretty good i'd say its a little cheesy but hey who am i to say anything you aleast have people reviewing your stories ehh mate?

Posted 13 Years Ago


The story is stronger. Direction is war is quick and to the point. It is still PG rating for the story. War is hell and no time to be sweet or kind. The old Soldiers had a cigarette and rarely a kind word. I like the feel and the quick movement of the story. It is a lot better.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Get blunt. Right, I've been to war, I've been in the Special Boat Service, and I know that when you're in the battlefield, you talk acronyms, shortcuts, and snappy phrases. I can tell you, enemy territory, plus being shot at, not a pleasant place to be. As below, you need to make decisions quickly, and with intent.

I realise you've changed it since Coyote wrote his review, but I tell you, you'l probably still need to get familiar with the military terminology in that time period. You write as if it was happening in modern times (that was one of the biggest flaws of 'Saving Private Ryan').

Otherwise, I like it. It's well written, interesting, and definitely intriguing. Keep at it, this could turn out very, very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The conversation of War isn't so polite. It is get your a*s to the right. We will take the fucked hill now. War is seconds not minutes. Decision are made quickly and done without fear. When death is with you. You are running from him. The story is good. The conversation is too light for a battle. Men who fought in these blood bath will not talk about them. A very good start.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 2, 2010
Last Updated on May 2, 2010


Author

ArchAngeL009
ArchAngeL009

Klang, Malaysia



About
-Bryan -Medical Student -Moscow, Russia -All the days that you wake up, you have got one job, and that's to get better every single day. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..