Chapter 26/27 *Untitled*

Chapter 26/27 *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Oh hohohoho~ Sorry this chap was supposed to be up yesterday buttt yeah i ran out of time so i'll try and post another one before i got to bed Enjoy :3

"
Darius sat alone in the dark broken room that Delta had placed him in. Nothing was stopping him from leaving: his binds where gone, Delta had left the door open; she had even left the house completely unattended, but  yet he remained, the startling words of his sister droning in his ears, You’ll break his heart. Darius didn’t understand any of what she had said, “Love” was an entirely new concept to him, he barely understood what to “Like” something was, yet something about that phrase struck his core. It made him feel worthless, vulnerable, and weak, the thought of he, himself causing Dare pain unthinkable.
Love, what was it?
Was it the pain in his chest when he thought of Dare with Volt, away from him? Was it the soaring feeling he felt when Dare would smile at him? Or was it maybe the fierce need to protect him from danger, the feeling that drove him here in the first place? If it was, it must be true, he loved Dare. 
“Love,” He whispered, it was a strange word, it sent shivers of joy and fear throughout his body, pleasure and pain, life and death. It was a word that held more shades of meaning than he had ever realized and he treasured them so much it was scary.
I love Dare Darius thought to himself, his pulse increasing, heat rising to his face. A blush? It was official, Delta was right, he loved him and there was nothing he could do about it, except make sure her prophecy didn’t come true. So with new conviction Darius stood, and left the house of Delta.
Mrs. Scottsdale walked away from the others her cell phone in her hand before she made it out to the outside. She looked down at her open cell phone and scrolled down the contact list stopping at a name with a  look of disdain. Darius Breaker. With a force of will she pressed the call button and waited.
Darius jumped from roof to roof  at an even pace…well as even as he could with his weakened body. It had already been three days since he’d entered that house, and only a day since his mind had been scoured for all remnants of Dare, and only a few hours since his body had been unbound. He jumped to another roof and paused on its flat top catching his breath and judged the distance between the roof he was on and the one that was across from him. It was larger than the others, larger than any that he’d jumped so far but not impossible. He grinned at the challenge.
Having rested he backed away from edge, made  a last minute adjustment to his stance, and jumped…just as his cell phone rang. He shifted slightly, startled by the sudden noise in the quiet night and just missed the next roof falling two stories down to the ground below. With a crash he took out his cell phone and answered it.
“Hello,” He finally managed as his pain subsided.
“What was that?” A strained voice asked.
Darius looked at the name on the screen, Mrs. Scottsdale, Dare’s mom. Why would she be calling him? Something must’ve happened to Dare.
“Nothing, I just fell two stories, what’s wrong with Dare?”
There was a pause, and Darius sensed that the woman was smiling at his pain, “How did you know there was something wrong with Dare?”
“You hate me, you wouldn’t call me otherwise.”
“True.”
“So what happened?”
“He’s in a coma, I think he tried to use telepathy again…you know he was looking for you yesterday? That’s why all this happened in the first place,” Mrs. Scottsdale said the last part with no attempt to hide her disdain that she had to speak with Darius at all, “It’s your fault.”
Darius flinched at her words but responded as if nothing had phased him, “I‘ll meet you at your house in an hour.”
“No, the hospital.”
Darius looked down at himself, grimy and bloody, he wouldn’t get past those doors, “That’s not going to work, I don’t even know where the hospital is.”
“Use your phone doesn’t it have GPS?”
“No.”
She cursed and said, “Fine, you better be there in an hour.”
“Of course.”
“Good.”
Then she hung up and Darius began to run.
Darius actually got there five minutes before the hour ended and had to wait outside a few minutes for Mrs. Scottsdale to arrive. She stepped out of the car and made a disgusted face when she saw him, finally understanding why he didn’t want to meet at the hospital.
“Got a change of clothes?” He asked as she approached.
“Yes…but you need more than a change of clothes, take a shower…please.” She gingerly stepped around him and unlocked the door, mentally noting the fact that she would have to sterilize the whole house later. 
Darius walked up the steps, only vaguely familiar, a strange since of duality in him. He was walking the same steps Dare did every morning and night and every other day since he’d been born, it was the closest he’d been to him in what felt like ages.
He found the bathroom and closed the door behind him, stripping as he did so, dropping his ratty un usable clothes on the floor and stepped into the inviting water. It washed away all his worries just as it washed the filth off his body. He scrubbed vigorously, scrubbing until his skin was red and his scalp felt raw. Then he stepped out of the shower and shaved with the first razor he got his hands on cutting the last of his time as a “wild man” behind him. He’d cut his hair later.
Wrapping a towel around himself he stepped out of the bathroom where he found a set of clothes waiting for him. He put them on quickly. They where obviously Ryan’s, both the shorts and shirt were too baggy on him but long enough. Dressed and clean he went back downstairs where Mrs. Scottsdale waited impatiently.
“Come on, you need to wake up my son.”


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow... interesting so far...
*getting suspicious on darius who loves dare lol*

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

He's the Anchor after all and a ship needs an anchor to support it
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol i love the choice of words Ship the anchor to the host ha ha ha~
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

haha
Okay, would he not be more worried about darius? Don't take your time with a shower, rinse, lather, rinse, bang! shave badly and get the heck out of dodge. Plus he was not gone long and I've never been to LA so i wouldnt know but I cant imagine him getting that beat up in that time span, also the shaving and hair cut part, not like he was gone for a month?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

well i DO live in LA and i know there are some pretty intense areas sooo yeah lol but hey he's going.. read more
Writer #00

11 Years Ago

Yeah... I was wondering where in LA he was, too. I guess Darius' semi-lack (I don't know if that ma.. read more
Another exclent chapter my friend. Beautifully written with poginant notes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

woot >;3 Glad u liked it~ I shall continue my story with a fevered passion >:3
OMG!! Its a good chapter but its annoying at the same time!! A boy to boy?!? Bleurgh..!! Nice one though. Keep writing ^.^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol.. I am really pissed! You've created a good character of Darius by which anyone will get pissed .. read more
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol I'm sure the Volt x Dare fans will b gasping too ah yes~ I'M FULL OF SURPRISES~! Just gotta see .. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Exactly... Lol
Enjoyed the chapter ^_^
Keep on writing! :D
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

LOL that was fast~ and thanks will do >;3 I'll try and post another one before i go to bed

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2012
Last Updated on August 17, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..