Chapter 29/30 *untitled*

Chapter 29/30 *untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Okay alot of questions are answered like who are the council, but alot more are added like what the freak are all those terms, and who's the Engineer? and the vision? What was it? Enjoy

"
I woke with a start, my shirt plastered to my skin with sweat, a sudden feeling of wrongness washing over me, a hunch telling me of bad things to be. The only question was, what was it? I pulled back my covers and got out of bed as quietly as possible, careful not to wake Volt who lay sleeping on the cot in the corner of the room. Volt had opted to pretty much camp out in my room for the past three days, successfully missing the last day of school for the week and avoiding her grounding. She gave her parents no choice but to let her stay, using her distraught state to her advantage, and managing to make these past few days at least mildly entertaining. The least I could do was let her sleep (and save myself from another night lacking in it).

I crept into the hallway, and began to carefully pick my way down to the bathroom trying to avoid hitting the squeaky floorboards and successfully managing to hit every single one of them. Somehow though I managed not to wake anyone up and stepped inside, splashing some water on my face once I was in front of the sink. My pulse slowly settled then, the since of foreboding dissipating down the drain with the water and I stood there in the dark enjoying the silence and the weird comforting fear shadows brought to me. 

Like being wrapped in a blanket.

Like being dragged under water.

Comforting and terrifying.

And all consuming.

Something flickered in the corner of my eye at the edge of the mirror, a small sliver of light in the darkness. I turned towards it and slowly it climbed through the mirror growing in size and intensity until it covered the glasses entire surface.

“Wha…?” I mumbled to myself, images began to shimmer into focus, bleary outlines at first becoming more and more solid, more and more real, almost as if I could touch them. I reached out a hand as if in a trance, my body moving with a foreign will, my eyes glued to the screen and…

I touched it.

Suddenly my head snapped back, my body tensed, my grip on the sink doubling as a vision washed over me. The peculiar feeling of being in two places, and no place and one place as if there where more me’s trying to force themselves into one moment in time, this one.

Darkness swirled. Screams echoed. Pain shot through my body. Falling. Spinning. Dying. Sleeping. Waking. A face. A cold face. My mother’s face. Feeling safe and secure. Leaving. A young boy. A gift. An exchange. Two silver rings. One lost. One remains. A promise of things to be.  Then- 

Silence. 

It all stopped; I collapsed on the floor, panting, blood dripping from my nose my heart racing, clammy sweat covering my entire body. What the hell was that? That vision was way more distorted than the one with Volt. That had been incredibly straight forward, she climbed, and she fell and she died, but this was broken fast and violent. I knew if it had lasted much longer I would’ve been in a state far worse than a coma.

How was this connected to anything? How did my mother play in this? Who was that boy and what where those rings? What did all of this mean? I had thought I was finally getting answers, but only new questions came 

I forced myself to calm down and breath, taking deep breaths and putting a towel to my nose, staying on the floor until my body stopped shaking. Then I unsteadily got to my feet and walked back to my room, plopping onto my bed when I arrived, too shaken to even replace the covers over my body.

“I need to talk to someone,” I whispered to myself, the sound of my voice calming my nerves. The question was who?

Talking to Volt probably would amount to nothing, not that it was her fault but, she just wouldn’t have the answers I wanted, and to burden her more wouldn’t be fair. I already scared her enough with my coma accident she’s going to be even more paranoid about my powers now than before. Probably even be opposed to taking lessons from Darius. But without those lessons I would only remain where I was, totally dependent on him, I had to learn from him, he was the key.

Darius.

I grabbed my cell phone and scrolled through my contacts, I had finally gotten Darius’s cell at the hospital, and quickly typed a quick text.

Needs to talk. R U up?

Then clicked send. I shot a quick glance in Volt’s direction, making sure the light from the cell phone wouldn’t disturb her and waited. Darius would be up, I knew he would be even at 2am. And I was right about a minute later I got the reply, my phone vibrating in my hand noisily.

Yes. What’s the problem?

I quickly flipped open the keyboard on my phone and responded.
Had a vision. Was really freaky. Don’t wanna txt, can I call?

Yes came the reply another minute later.

Again I glanced and Volt, and then pressed call. It buzzed for a few seconds and then…

“Hello?” Came Darius‘s baritone voiced reply.
“Hey,” I whispered awkwardly, he sounded like I’d woken him up.
“The vision?”
“Yeah…,”  I licked my lips, and whipped my shaking sweating hands on my pants, the thought of the vision chilling me to the bone.

“It was very broken…,” I said taking a shaky breath, “ And I saw it in a mirror…I-I-felt things like I was really there and there was a boy, and my mom, and and it was confusing.” 

I broke off, I thought I was about to cry, and took a few moments to settle myself.

“What does it mean…I’m scared Darius.”

It took a moment for him to reply and when he did his voice was more alert than before, “I don’t know.”

“Why do they hate you?” I asked after a moment, successfully hiding my shock behind a question, “My parents.”
“They hate me because I exist,” I said matter of factly, in a way that made me sad that had to protect me, and teach me, yet my parents hated him for it, “I remind them of all their mistakes.”
That caught my attention, “What mistakes?”
A pause, “I can’t tell you now, Alpha will stop me.”
“Alpha? Who’s Alpha?”

Static surged through the phone lines, “The leader of the Council of the Engineer, Symvouliou tou Michankos.”
“What’s the Council? What do they do?!” I was almost yelling now, all regard to staying quiet gone.
“They lead the Psychics, the Hosts, they guard the Book, they lead Kali Yli. Protect the Un-Touched from Anit Yli.”
My  heart pounded, “And my parents mistake?”
“Delving into things unknown, reading from the Book, boding with the Engineer.”

At that moment many things happened at once. The static reached a peak, the call dropped, utter silence ensued and then a searing pain like someone reaching into my head, a flash of light and then…Darkness.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
Okay, i hope u liked the visual imagery, dialogue, etc, uhm tell me if u think this is moving too fast if u feel like they chapter should have waited, though u should wait a couple chapters to see if u really believe that. Fav char? from those who havent told me, and expect a couple more chapters today i think. A Volt Perspective with a bit of Darius, and then its back to school, anyway thanks for reading and ENJOY :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Needs to talk. R U up?
Yes. What's the problem?

You even managed to capture the difference in character in the way they text. Damian uses abbreviations while the only abbreviation Darius uses are contractions. He's so awkward! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol u noticed
A powerful chapter. Very well written,. but I've come to expect that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

thanks :3 i'm glad u liked it i'm about to post another :3~
Your hopes aren't in vain X3 I like everything XD I don't think it's moving too fast for now o.e jk anyway can't wait to see more... fav char? still debating on who~

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

ok thats good~
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

debate over delta wins XD
I definitely liked it but lol I've read it all so far wahaha I'm so proud


Posted 11 Years Ago


Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

I know... I greeted you...
Your voice... is it heavier than before?
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

uhm it has more substance now cause my new mic can pick up all my inflections and vibratto I SOUND S.. read more
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

oh... send me a link I'll check it out
Loved it AND enjoyed it :)
Keep writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol GREAT! time to do some b-day epicness~
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Cool... Lol
I like it and enjoyed it ^_^
Keep it up :D
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

yay :3 Glad u liked it :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on August 30, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..