Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel

Prologue

Nightlight Club: Year 2200 
D-Day

The mood is dark and the music pounds through speakers, loud, obnoxious bass, high pitched computerized wails; the thrum of dubstep traveling from the floor to feet to legs, up calves, through arms, out fingertips; the addictive high of dance seeping into every person in the room. Lights flash. Hips sway and grind. Black. Red. Blue. White. Repeat. There was no discrimination on the floor. No time to worry about that. No time to think about the person who just grabbed your a*s or ran a finger up your crotch. It was to be expected. It was part of the excitement. The experience. You just had to deal with it and keep moving.

Lasers and fog, a shadowy exhibition, exhilaration in not knowing who was dancing next to you, who you pulled into the corner for a cheap thrill, a dirty night on the town. A typical Friday night spent clubbing. Seven to two. Non stop dance and sex and booze and drugs. It was the only thing your friends ever wanted to do anymore. You knew it wasn't healthy. You knew some one was going to be fucked in the morning, complaining about how wild it was, how they don't remember a thing. How you would all laugh and say night well spent, heads throbbing, eyes blood shot, one of you still passed out on the couch, one of you gone somewhere else entirely, the rest unsure of whether you were dead or alive. You wouldn't even know how you'd ended up back at the apartment if you were lucky.

Arms waved in the air, sweat poured off foreheads, a light sheen encompassing everyone, a very human musk filling the air. You threw your head back, bangs sticking to the space above your eyebrows, inhaling deeply, a crazed smile etched on your face, adrenaline running through your veins, euphoria in your mind, the draw of the mob in your soul. You couldn't stop. You knew that even if you said you would you couldn't. Wouldn't. The club was as much a part of you as you were part of it. It just wouldn't be Friday any other way. 

Strobe lights flickered over head, more bodies packed the floor, it was only ten, the night was just getting started. Pole dancers swayed and dropped, spun and ground against metal poles, fake bubble butts in the air, bare chests and lightly clothed breasts staring proudly out at the crowd. Impressive feats of flexibility, lap dancers in the corner, flirty bartenders at the bar, hoping to get some action before the night ends, maybe slipping a little something in your drink to get you nice and ready. A little tip to help sway your judgement. Loosen you up. Be less likely to say no.

You dance with abandon, throwing your arms around the first person who catches your eye, a slender red head, she's pretty in an average sort of way, nothing too over done, the only thing sticking out is, in fact, her hair, it's what drew you to her. You smile and you see her blush, you know your attractive, you pride yourself in it, and you use it to your advantage every time, wearing clothes that show off your greatest traits, like your abs, or the shape of your legs. 

You pull her closer, your hips moving together, she's tentative at first, you can tell she doesn't do things like this often if at all and you're determined to break her out of that shell. To properly set her free. You stand chest to chest, your hands run down her sides, she stops you from going any farther.

"Live a little why don't 'cha?" You whisper in her ear, biting down gently. You hear her sharp intake of breath and move your hands lower. She doesn't stop you.

The music picks up and the two of you begin moving faster, bodies slowly gravitating towards the center of the floor, closing in on one another until you're as packed as sardines. Your bodies move fluidly over the another, hands gliding over exposed skin, breath ghosting over necks, sweat running down your sides. It's intense, it's dynamic, it's one of the most invigorating moments of your life. The two of you are virtually having sex with clothes on.

You feel a tap on your shoulder and you turn away from the flustered ginger in your arms, annoyed that someone would be interrupting you at a time like this. "What?" You snap.

"We got a call from headquarters, they say their might be an Other on the move."

"F**k it, I'm off duty." You turn your attention back to the ginger who's watching this take place with a raised eyebrow.

"Keith, they say it's in the area, we're the only ones still sober enough to do anything about it."
"I said f**k it Brian, I don't give a damn, let the council deal with this, aren't they meeting with the Other's right now anyway?"

Brian sighed, tugging at his collar, he was the only one who refused to come out of uniform to this place, it was probably why he wasn't getting laid. "This one's rouge Keith, we don't know what it's going to do."

The ginger taps your shoulder. "Uhm, when you say other...you don't mean...Other do you?"

"Yes!" "No!" You both exclaim at the same time.

The ginger's eyes widen and she backs away quickly, running out the back door.

"F**k, now look what you did, she's gonna spread panic around the whole damn club. Tactful." You smack the top of the younger mans head.

"Sorry," He mumbled.
"No you're not now come on, I still wanna get laid tonight."

Brian nods and smartly says nothing else, following you as you make your way off the dance floor. The two of you walk over to the bar and Brian taps your other two friends shoulders, one is currently getting a lap dance the other making out fiercely with a male bartender up against a wall, they must have slipped something in his drink to get him to do that so freely. He was usually much more reserved, probably had no idea what he was doing at the moment.

You make a face. "Just leave them, they won't be any help right now."
"O-okay," Brian walks away from them and you take out the gun you have strapped against your side.

Brian catches up to you and together you head for the front, pushing and shoving anyone too inconsiderate to move out the way. You're about a yard away from the front of the door when you see her, the flame eyed Other. The rouge. 

"Freeze!" You yell, gun raised and aimed at the woman. She smirks and says something in her native tongue, a strange mix of German, Latin, French, Japanese, English and Gaelic. You don't have your translator implant on and don't understand what she said.

You turn to Brian. "What's she saying."
Brian pales, and raises his gun. "That the time for humans is over, that it's time to raze the great homo-sapiens empire to the ground."

You face the lady, people have now started to catch on to the threat and are running the other direction, you can hear the panic and desperation behind you. There goes a perfectly good Friday.

"What are you getting at? Are you a terrorist? Step down now!"

The lady spoke again and Brian translated. "She says that this isn't a threat, this is just fate, the meeting held by the Council is just a rouse to get attention away from the main event. That this has to happen for the next stage in human evolution."

You hold your breath and growl out, "What's the main event."

The lady seems to anticipate your question and reaches into her pocket pulling out a small circular device. You gasp. You know what that is. You were one of the ones that helped develop it, and the one to pull the plug on the project after it destroyed a star.

"Don't let her press that button!" You yell at Brian, "That's a Gravity Destroyer!"
Brian's eyes widen. "You mean-"
"Yes, idiot, it's the same thing, I don't know how they got their hands on it but-"

Brian fired his gun at the lady, hitting the device out of her hand. The fire eyed Other hissed and thrust her hand forward, an invisible force flinging Brian across the room. People screamed, Brian didn't get up again. You gulp, glancing behind you for a moment before lunging towards the woman. She snarls, low and animalistic, and kicks you in the stomach. 

Pain explodes in your abdominal area, and blood flies out your mouth. You're pretty sure you felt ribs break and puncture your lungs. This girl had strength to spare. 

Dazed you struggle to your feet, black spots dancing in your vision, an arm slung over your stomach gingerly. Where was the damn remote? You couldn't let that be used, it would destroy the planet. Why did the past always come back to haunt you? 

The woman is smirking at you, the remote in her hand, you raise your gun and fire. The shot sails through the air, smacking her forehead and...nothing. She remains standing, the bullet not even leaving a mark on her skin. Great. You throw down your gun, it's useless. She begins to step forward, and your brain scrambles to come up with a way to stop the impending danger. There had to be a kill switch on there...if only you could remember the self destruct sequence.

You reach back into the banks of your mind, the memory slowly coming back to the forefront of it. 
"Project: K-G Des Proto Ver. 01." You begin, in a whisper, your mind syncs up with the world wide web, a file popping up in front of your web eye. "User: Keith Heyward Password: SO009MEOPTFID089."

The file opens and you flip to remote destruction. You click okay. An authorization icon pops up. You hiss in annoyance and quickly switch to your visual eyes only to see she's only a few steps away, you quickly input the long code. "Authorization Key: KEHESO009MEOPTFID089SEDESEOK-GDESPROTOVERO1AU."

You blink and sever the connection, your web eye turning off just in time to see the remote in the Other's hand fizz and die out. You grin in triumph the world was saved, there was nothing left to fear, you feel your knees give out beneath you and fall to the floor, blood pooling out your mouth. The other made a sound of disgust and threw the remote on the ground. Why didn't she look angry? Why wasn't she destroying him? 

The lady knelt down next to you. "Keith Heyward." She said, her voice accented heavily, she took a vial from her other pocket. "You are the beginning."

Your eyes widen and you try to jerk away from her touch as she grabs your arm, but her grip is like iron, you have no chance of escaping her grasp. 

"No," You croak out, you can feel tears coming to your eyes, "No!" You struggle again, you don't know what's in that vial, but you're sure it isn't any orthodox vaccine, you don't want their cursed remedy.

"Feel honored Keith Heyward in knowing you are the first." She placed the needle in your flesh and pushed the contents inside. "And knowing that you could change nothing."

Fire-Eyes stood, discarding the used canister on the floor. You're body began to shake and you feel sweat pool from your body, a burning warmth scorching through your veins. You gag, your body bending at inhuman angles, eyes trained on the Other in front of you, full of hate and malice as you convulse. 

Strange thoughts enter your head. Death to humans. Raze to the ground. Kill all. Inferior. Raze. Raze. Raze. Raze. RAZE! You shake your head, yours eyes start to bleed red, the irises changing color.

The Other smiles at you as the ground begins to shake. What. Raze. Is. Inferior. Going. Death. On? 

"You see? There was more than one remote. You stopped nothing." She bends over to whisper in your ear. "Your world is ending."

It's that phrase that finally snaps your control. You lose sight of your humanity, the thoughts of killing and destroying reaching a fevered pitch, taking control of your mind and soul. The Other smiles in glee as she see's the Virus take effect in its host. 

The Earth shakes.

Buildings crumble.

Cars fall to the ground.

Buildings lift to the sky.

The Other walks out the door.

The Pantheon is born.







© 2013 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
So what do you think? I have more chapters to post if wanted :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice, I loved every bit of it. New ideas, great description. Not once did I think "What in buggery are they on about."
I look forward to reading the rest!
99.99999999/100
Nah
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

10 Years Ago

LE GASP~ YOU FLATTER ME SO~~~~ i hope you enjoy the rest!!! Hnngggh reminds me I have to update this.. read more
HFS, that is freaking amazing!! I finally going through my read request and this is my favorite by far. :) I will read the rest of them once i get out of the shower :p keep up the good work, i can't wait to read the rest, please don't leave us with a cliffhanger like so many Great Author's have done. You truly have an awesome talent, just make sure you put it to good use and keep captivating the readers mind; because, when you're done, there won't be mind left to captivate; it will have been blown :D


Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

LE GASP!!! THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE REVIEW I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it so far~~~ HOPE U.. read more
Anthony Q Armstrong

11 Years Ago

I know i will, i have already enjoyed chaps 1 and 2
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

>;3 WOOT u just have like.....70 more pages till u've reached all I've written atm lol
Very Nice 8D !

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

XD Lol.
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

well its not really a long one mayb just a papge and a half if that :3
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

X3
This is good. The concept is very imaginative and you have constructed it well.There are some grammer problems, just with missing punctuation, bt if you re read it you would see them. Nothing major. However i dont know how i feel about the POV. On one hand, I really like it! Its unique and really does draw you in. But then, i dont know if the novelty of it would become tiresome after the first chapter. Im not sure. I would definatley suggests posting more chapters to see how the use of your very unique POV works out. I would also suggest calling your enemy something different than 'Other' as i have read several books where they use this word for a creature. But apart from that its a grear concept, uniquely constructed and i will definatley read the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

ah, well in terms of POV for the other chapters the use of 2nd person wont be an issue lol seeing as.. read more
Hester Vane

11 Years Ago

Oh cool, in that case, I think it works brilliantly for the prologue! I really did enjoy reading thi.. read more
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

Thank you :3 I'm glad you enjoyed it
-_-

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

......what?
...
.....o.o
.......O_O
...........woah.

I'm sorry, but I just have to rant-review this:

How in the world were you able to think of such a...a... 'wow!' prologue!? It almost defies literary reason!! The use of second person... transition from the mundane to the extreme... the extreme mundane being reduced to almost nothing in the mind of the reader as the most dreaded extreme unfolds before me... Keith... Brian... all those random clubbers (heheh, club... like a bludgeoning tool....). My thoughts changed from "gosh, these irresponsible people ruining their bodies and wasting their Fridays engaging in such wretched activities four times a month" to "poor, defenseless citizens! Their world was (literally?) turned upside down/ destroyed!". And the Pantheon! I think you just created a tragic villain (oops, spoiler? for those who haven't read Chapters one and two). Your writing style is so sophisticated, yet it captures specific moods, settings, and characters expertly, allowing the reader to easily connect with the story. It isn't so diffuse that the reader relates to these story on a spectator-event level, but, rather on a "wait, I wasn't just injected with an evolutionary virus?" level. My heart was pounding, my hands were shaking, my breath may have actually stopped for a few seconds. Profound.

Did you purposefully switch from present tense during the whole life-is-iniquitous-routine to past during the world=end remainder?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol thanks yeah that was kinda the idea, you'd slowly see more and more of tha character showing he'.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 5, 2013


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..