Chapter Four/Five *untitled*

Chapter Four/Five *untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Ello again, now you get to know why Dare is called Dare, and you can see some of Darius's bad boy side~ HOPE U LIKE IT!

"
I quickly let go of his hand, my mind clearing, but the floodgate not closing. What the hell was that? I wondered. Darius said nothing more, just turned around, took out a piece of paper, and began to take notes, seemingly un-phased. I tried in vain to mimic him.

“You ok?” Volt asked me.
“Uh-huh,” I said keeping my eyes on my notes.
She made a face, “If you say so…”

Third period ended and then fourth, all of which seemed to move incredibly slowly, and both of which Darius had with me. Finally it was time for lunch and I was able to ditch the guy before he could follow me to the tree. I sat down next to Volt and let out a long sigh, while running my hand through my hair.

“Having fun?” Volt said with a smirk, some of my classic sarcasm must finally be rubbing off on her.
“No not at all, can it be a coincidence that the new kid, who by the way keeps sitting right next to me, is in all of my classes?”
“Another hunch?” Volt asked.
“Yeah…and I kinda took a peek at his schedule to be sure.”
She laughed, “And how in the world did you manage that?”
“I have my ways,” I said tossing her one of my half smiles.
“Oh god, illegal activity going on here, I better call the police,” She said jokingly.

We sat there laughing for a few minutes, telling each other about our time  in our respective fourth periods, Volt of course running her mouth til next Tuesday. One thing about her, she could hold a conversation with a rock, that’s how much she talked when she got started. Finally it died down to a mellow chuckle, the both of us holding our sides and wiping the tears out of our eyes. Who knew so much chaos could come out of one class.

“Well that was an interesting story,” A voice said from behind us.
We jumped.
“Oh s**t!” Volt exclaimed as Darius walked from where he was standing by the tree.
“What the hell man, were you planning on standing there all day?!”
“My apologies, miss,” he said formally.
“Oh god, don’t call me miss, sheesh I’m not ninety.” She said with exasperation, “Call me Volt, everyone else does.”
“If that’s what you want,” He said.
“Can you please drop the formality?” I said, “Like really, we aren’t in like the 1800’s”

Darius looked at me intently, his chocolate eyes staring through to my soul.  I squirmed uncomfortably under his gaze.

“Ok then,” He said, “Mind if I sit here?”
“Might as well, you’ve been eavesdropping all this time anyway.” Volt replied gesturing to an empty spot next to me.

He sat down, “So, you looked at my schedule?”
“Oh!” I turned red, “Well, that, uhm well you see, I just kinda uh…yeah,  I did.”
He smiled, obviously enjoying my discomfort, “Well just so you know you could’ve just asked to see it, I would’ve let you.”
“Thanks for the tip,” I said sarcastically.
“Any time,” He replied obviously not catching on.

The bell rang and the three of us got up to head to our next class, P.E. 

“Come on,” I said, “I’ll show you to the locker room.”
He nodded, his black hair moving to the left slightly, “Ok.”
Volt waved at us, “See you on the other side boys.”

We waved back, and I led the way to the locker room, one of my most dreaded places. We got there quickly enough, and the P.E teacher handed Darius a locker number and combination, and guess what, it was right next to me, coincidence? I think not. Anyway, it’s really easy to see why I hated locker rooms, being next to a bunch of bulky, sweaty, teenagers just wasn’t really my thing. Not to mention it stank to high heaven.

While these boys were bad enough before P.E, now their adrenaline was pumping in anticipation of whatever sport they where going to participate in next, all of them thinking about how much they where going to cream their opponents, which made their already high hormones higher, and their urge to make my life miserable all the greater.

I took a deep breath (well as deep of a breath as I was willing to take in here) and began to change into my P.E clothes, a blue t-shirt with our schools logo on it, and white shorts.

“Hey there shrimp,” One of my long time foes, Jason said.
“Hey there gorilla,” I responded while taking off my shirt.
“Not, in a good mood are we?”
“Am I ever?”
“Good point.”

By this time I had put on my P.E shirt and began taking off my pants.

“So, the guys where wondering about that hot chick you hang out with, what’s her name…Bolt?”
“Volt.”
“Yeah her, some of the guys wanted to ask her out, so yeah stay out of the way.”
I laughed, “She’d never date them, not in a million years.”
“And why not? We’ve got muscle, and we’re popular, what’s not to like?”
I turned towards him and looked him in the eye, “You all aint got brains.”
“What did you say?”
“I guess I didn’t make myself clear, no surprise there, let me repeat this extra slow just for you: You. All. Have. No. Brains. You. Are. As. Dumb. As. A. Rock. You’ve got no chance.”
He grabbed me by my shirt collar and lifted me off the ground, “Watch it kid, don’t think I wont flatten you into a pancake.”
I just smiled, “I’m soooo scared.”

He lifted his fist to knock me out.

“Go on, I dare ya.”

Darius tapped Jason on the shoulder, “Drop him.”
“Or what?”

Darius didn’t respond, he didn’t have to, cause the next thing I knew Jason was on the floor, with Darius’s foot on his chest.

“That’s what.”

I quickly put on my shorts as Darius walked past me, running to follow him. The whole locker room had gotten dead quiet, and I knew Jason wouldn’t hear the end of this. The new kid decking him to the floor in no time flat. I had to hand it to Darius, the kid had balls.

“Thanks,” I said smoothing out my shirt.
“No problem.”
“I had it under control though.”
“Sure you did.”

With that we walked out of the locker room and onto the wondrous realm known as the P.E field. 

“Well know you know why people call me Dare.” I said, “That’s fearless old me.”
“So I see,” he said with a smile and together we headed towards Volt, who was absentmindedly twirling her hair around her finger.

I guess something cool did finally happen today.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
PLEASE REVIEW THIS, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF TEH DIALOUGE ETC :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

*Sigh* Dare is awesome… but so is Darius and Volt, and that's not really the point. I really love where you're going with this and can't wait to read more. I really like the dialogue cause it's snappy :) but um... is he called Dare cause he like goes up against the big kids? I was a little unsure. But anyways, moreee! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Really getting into this! Loved the dialogue and giggled when it came to the part of Jason being pushed onto the floor! 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

oh yes random bully who has like no other goal in life u can forget him after this lol just wait for.. read more
.

11 Years Ago

I'm sure the next chapter is better! :D
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol ofc~
aint- ain't I see it quite in the middle...
I guess the dialogue's okay since that's the way it is in your school.. Our school here only have lockers for books...
And the bullies' part... I've read one about it in "I Am Number Four"
That book showed me a school in America.. so the bullies way of speaking is okay...
And by the way Darius is weirder than Dare

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

loooolz Darius = weird and creep love that lol
darius is creepy in a way... and if 4.0 is standard i don't imagine many lunk heads puffing up their feathers over a cute girl, i mean, is it a school full of geniuses or is my school system really that crappy...?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol well the school i go to everyone has like 4.0's and quiet a few people still manage to puff some.. read more
The dialogue's pretty good, but do these kind of situations actually happen in real life? Seems stereotypical somehow, but hey, what do I know, I've been home schooled most of my school life

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

*Sigh* Dare is awesome… but so is Darius and Volt, and that's not really the point. I really love where you're going with this and can't wait to read more. I really like the dialogue cause it's snappy :) but um... is he called Dare cause he like goes up against the big kids? I was a little unsure. But anyways, moreee! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cool dialouge...:) i like dare

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2012
Last Updated on May 20, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing