Chapter Thirteen/Fourteen *Untitled*

Chapter Thirteen/Fourteen *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

Woot woot Dare makes new progress with his powers :3 isnt that great?

"
I silently cursed to myself as I walked into my first period class, my heart filled my regret and loss. Volt and I had never, ever fought before, what if this one thing caused a big enough rift that I could never repair the damage? I couldn’t bare the thought of loosing her friendship, not after all this time we had shared together.

I sat down and sighed, barely noticing that Darius had entered the room. He looked over at me and flashed me a half smile, the type that I would give to Volt. I made a sudden decision, if the only way to make Volt happy was to severe my tie to Darius, then I would, no matter how much I hated the prospect of leaving the poor kid outcasted, ten years was a lot longer than three days…but first I had to know what he knew about all that happened yesterday, I needed the closure.

I inhaled deeply, my heartbeat quickening slightly, already regretting what I was about to do, but as Volt had suggested this would be the easiest way to find out what I needed to know. Following my instinct I searched the whispers for Darius’s voice but found nothing. I made a face confused, was that possible? I tried again still nothing. I let out an exasperated sigh and then focused directly on him, my eyes locked on the back of his head. Then I slammed my subconscious at him.

White. That was all I could see for a moment. That and I had a dull ringing in my ears that blocked all other sound. What the heck was that? It was like running into a brick wall at twenty miles per hour. I groaned and straightened my neck, which had snapped back from the impact, a residual affect of my telepathic assault. I clutched my head, which was beginning to ache slightly.

Slowly, my vision returned in blurry wisps, the room spinning gently around. 

“…-amian? Damian? Are you all right?” My teacher asked looking concerned.

I sniffed and tasted something metallic in the back of my throat, my nose must be bleeding.

“Huh,” I said while placing my shirt on my nose to stop the bleeding for the second time this week, if this happened every time I used my powers then maybe I should just buy a ton of red shirts (yeah my sarcasm is returning), “I mean, yeah I’m fine, but could I, uhm idk go to the bathroom to clean up?”
“Of course,” My teacher said, holding out a hall pass, “Take your time.”
“Thanks,” I said taking it. As I walked out I took a hesitant glance at Darius, he looked straight at me, he had known that I had tried to enter his mind, I was sure of it.

… 

I was in the bathroom, wearing my now clean P.E shirt, my soiled one now in my bag. The bleeding had finally stopped and the headache and lessened to a dull throb but I still didn’t feel like returning to class, I’d just have to deal with Darius’s stares and I wasn’t up for that yet. I sighed and began to think about Volt, and wondered if she was okay. As if on cue, I heard faint sniffling in my head, Volt was crying.

A new pang of regret surged through me and I wanted to tell her I was sorry but she wouldn’t listen to me, and I had no way of finding her. I could assume she wasn’t in her first period cause that would be just awkward to be crying in front of everyone. That would just scream LOOK AT ME! COME ASK IF I’M OKAY EVEN THOUGH I’M CRYING AND IT’S OBVIOUS I’M NOT! And I knew she wouldn’t subject herself to that.

Suddenly, I was struck with an idea. If I could hear her, then maybe I could make her hear me. It shouldn’t be impossible. When I read her mind it had been like tuning into a new station on the radio and more than one person could listen to a station, maybe she would be able to tune into mine once I grabbed onto hers.

Volt? I asked tentatively as I grabbed onto the link and focused on it.

There was a sudden stop in the sobs and I felt her confusion rise with fear. She began to wonder if she was going crazy.

You’re not going crazy, Volt. I said trying to ease her mind but that only seemed to make it worse. I could sense her looking around, even though I couldn’t see what she saw, and seeing nothing just became more certain that she was going crazy, maybe developing Disassociative Identity Disorder or maybe some early form of Schizophrenia. 

Volt, stop worrying, it’s me Dare, I’m a telepath remember.

I felt her hot embarrassment as she put two and two together.

Can you erhm…think something? I said, not really sure if this counted as talking or thinking, I was willing to bet, though, that it was the latter.

There was a pause and then.

Yes, I can.

I let out a sigh of relief, my plan had worked.

That’s good 
Hmmph

I made a face, she was still not ready to forgive me.

I’m sorry
I know
Will you forgive me?
Maybe
I’ll stop talking with Darius if that’s what you want…
No, don’t, I was being irrational, I don’t know, I guess I was jealous, it’s a mystery to me though I mean its not like you’re-

She stopped, realizing she had indirectly admitted to having some feelings for me. I pretended not to notice, I didn’t need any more drama right now. I just wanted to repair our friendship.

It’s fine I said Hey…where are you?
Girls bathroom, you?
Boy’s bathroom
Lol, why?
Bloody nose, I tried to read Darius’s mind like you suggested
Hmm, no surprise there, didn’t you learn not to take my advice by now? I felt her smile on the other side, her old humor had returned, I was forgiven.

Thanks
No problem

I stood up, and walked out the bathroom at the same time as Volt did. Her eyes were red and blotchy from crying, but she wore a smile on her face. Our eyes locked and we began to move towards each other.

I’m sorry I repeated, feeling guilty again for making her cry
Don’t get all sentimental on my Dare, it’s not becoming of you

We were a mere arms span away from each other and we smiled at each other, a stupid goofy smile one that had no other meaning but relief that this was behind us. Volt opened her arms to me, a goofy smile still on her face, and I walked into them, the two of us embracing in a warm heartfelt hug.

“Let’s get to class,” I said finally, “My stuff is in there, and my Calculus teacher is bound to be wondering where I am by now.”
“Fine, be that way, leave me all alone in the hall for the creepy dust bunnies to catch me,” Volt pouted.
“Oh shut up,” I said with a smile, “I’ll stay for a little bit, but I do needa grab my bag before the bell rings.”
“Yeah, yeah, just sit.” She said patting the space next to her and I did, the rest of the period slipping through my fingertips, time a meaningless barrier between us. 

I never did return to my first period.


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
Critique please~ I love your opinions

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just two things first-loosing-correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't it be losing? And you wrote idk. Did he actually say it like idk or I don't know? But it's fine :) So glad their friends again... almost had a heart attack. Plus, it's a bit cute that she was jealous. BUT DARIUS! I totally wanna know what's going on! Moreee!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Their friends again I'm glad! 100/100 This is getting more mysterious at the chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

ohhh yeah i think u meet Volt's mom next chap but yeah how she is, is gonna change in the edited ver.. read more
.

11 Years Ago

Ok I won't. :)
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

:3
Can Dare also enter a mind of someone from the computer... lolz

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol you know what i never thought of that and....no probably not Alpha could maybe....but he's just .. read more
despite what other people say I think a short fight is perfectly fine because they've been friends for so long and obviously don't want to stay upset with each other.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

right? They've been friends since Volt dropped kicked someone who was making fun of Dare in 2nd grad.. read more
yay the make up..i suggest though u should have made their "fight" last a little longer it was kinda short...but im glad they made up never the less

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I just read all of the chapters today. I really like it, and can't wait to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just two things first-loosing-correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't it be losing? And you wrote idk. Did he actually say it like idk or I don't know? But it's fine :) So glad their friends again... almost had a heart attack. Plus, it's a bit cute that she was jealous. BUT DARIUS! I totally wanna know what's going on! Moreee!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..