Chapter Fourteen/Fifteen *Untitled*

Chapter Fourteen/Fifteen *Untitled*

A Chapter by Tsukin Archangel
"

WOOT THE TRUTH....kinda...REVELAED, THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

"
Volt and I locked eyes and she nodded. The bell for nutrition had just rang and everyone was beginning to file out of the classroom, meanwhile I headed to Darius. I had told Volt about the strange wall I had encountered when I had tried to breach his mind, and we had both decided that it would be best for me to just confront him about it, since I had been the one directly affected.

“Hey,” I said to Darius.
“Hey,” He responded placing a notebook in his bag.
“Can I talk to you for a moment?” I glanced at Volt and lightly nodded for her to go to the tree.
“Can it wait for the tree?” He asked, “I had wanted to get something from the library.”
“Uhm…well…no…it’s kinda not something for her ears…,”
He raised an eyebrow, “What’s this about?”
“Last night.”

There was a pause and our eyes met in a moment of intense scrutiny, Darius with much the same type of searching eyes that my parents had, his expression replaced with a new one, one that seemed fit for someone much older. It was a face that held secrets, lots of secrets, and he was debating on whether or not to tell me the truth.

“Ok,” He said after a moment, I could see he was still debating, “What do you want to know?”
“About the Anchors, about everything.”

I momentary look of shock rippled through his face temporarily cutting through his stoic demeanor, but he quickly recovered it, looking more suspicious than before. He obviously thought I had been unconscious the whole time they were talking, now he knew otherwise.

“Fine,” He said. His expression now determined, and I knew he had chosen truth, “We’ll need somewhere out of the way though.”
“Ok, I know just the place.”

I went back to my desk to get my stuff and waited at the door, suddenly mildly nervous about what I’d find. Darius nodded to me as he approached and I composed myself, pushing those worries aside and led us down the hall towards the one place I knew hardly anyone went to during nutrition. The old first floor bathroom.


The first floor bathroom was a room whose walls held the secrets of students long since passed. It was a place, of broken promises, and secret meetings, a place of mystery, and intrigue. The perfect place to do what we had to do. It wouldn’t mind having just one more story to tell. 

The bathroom was virtually forgotten by all staff and lay in shambles, a place of unflushed toilets brimming with flies and floors that had probably been last mopped in the stone age. I had heard how gross it was but I hadn’t believed it until entering and my stomach roiled at the stench. I couldn’t believe that people would have sex in this place, it was so unsanitary. I peeked inside and tentatively walked on its dirty ground, making a mental note to throw these shoes away when I got home. It seemed empty.

“Come on,” I said when I reached the other wall and gestured for him to stand in front of me, the only slightly clean spot in this little hell hole.

He closed the gap between us quickly, elegantly sidestepping the worse spots, barely glancing at the floor. He seemed almost inhuman in that moment, and I shivered, just now realizing how little I knew about him. He stood before me and I moved back a little trying to make more space  between us, noticing how little there was, so little that I could feel his breath on my face. I titled my head up, so I could look him in the eye feeling just a little smaller than I had before. He must’ve been at least  6”3 for me to have to look up at him, I myself being 5”11.

“Well?” I said after I giving up on the prospect of getting any farther away.

He opened his mouth to speak but just at that moment someone burst from one of the stalls, whistling at us. I hadn’t bothered opening any in fear of catching some deadly disease.

“Oh yeah, go broke back mountain!” He boy said before running outside.

I made a face and Darius looked at me quizzically, obviously not understanding the reference.

“It’s nothing,” I said, “Continue.”

He nodded, took a deep breath, and began.

 “As, you already have probably figured out, you’re a psychic-,” 

He paused and I nodded, showing him I understood, and he continued where he left off.

 “-also known as a Host and I’m your Anchor.”
“Okay, well Host…uhm…what?”

He sighed, his breath washing over my face, it smelled like cinnamon, “It’s what the Council calls the pyschics, cause that’s all you are, a host for the power. It’s not something that‘s in you genetically, it’s something that chose you and went inside of you when you were born.”

I tried to contain my shock and hoped that the fear that I was housing some sort of parasitic mind melding alien would be false.

“So is the power…like…an uh alien?”
“No…well not technically, the power isn’t coherent, but it was put inside of you by some sort of higher intelligence, either of our realm or higher plane, we don’t really know, but it’s not meant for our species, it will destroy your body when it awakens.”

My blood froze. Destroy? I wasn’t liking the thought of my body being destroyed. The look must have shown on my face because he continued quickly.

“That’s where I come in, the Anchor, I’m here to teach you how to control your powers and protect you from them. Your power will meld with you completely by the time you stop going through puberty, this age makes it haywire and the levels of energy will fluctuate randomly, that’s what makes it so dangerous, your body cant handle the strain”

“Okay…so I’m a Host, you’re my uhm Anchor, let’s see do I have any other questions,” I trailed off and thoughtfully tapped my chin for added emphasis even though I already had my question in mind. Darius waited patiently

“Ah yes, what the hell happened this morning? I couldn’t read your mind, you blocked it. How?”

“An Anchor is tied to their Host in a symbiotic bond, I amplify and shield you from your power, and I’m protected from it. There would be no way for an Anchor to survive if they constantly absorbed the Host’s power with no way of releasing it, so we’re immune to the effects…as long as it comes from the Host we’re assigned to.”

I laughed, relieving myself of how overwhelmed I felt by all this information, “You sound like a textbook.”
He made a face, “Do not.”
“Definitely.”

He sighed, suddenly series and then grabbed my hand. I gasped, and stayed where I was against the wall, unable to move, as the electric warm feeling traveled through my body. I felt myself weaken, and I fell into his chest, my legs buckling underneath me. I took a shaky breath and tried to focus on his face. It was creased with a line of thinking, like he was looking at a hard math problem on a screen, like he wasn’t really there. Finally he let go of my hand and I regained my balance, the shock’s feel slowly leaving me.

“Okay what is that?!” I asked when I was oriented enough to speak, “You keep doing that to me, I’m going to have a no touching rule if that keeps happening.”

Darius looked at me and shook his head, my voice reaching through his stupor.
“I’m sorry, I just had to know, your powers are developing so fast…you weren’t even supposed to have been able to use any of it before hitting the age of sixteen but you could, and I don’t know how you’re even still alive.”

“What do you mean? The hunches? Stop evading, you didn’t answer my initial question.”

He sighed, I noticed he did that a lot, and answered, “The shock you feel when I touch you is the Aura, the bond that connects the two of us as Host and Anchor, it’s in that state I can monitor your progress, and teach you.”

Darius opened his mouth like he was about to say more and stopped closing it and turned to the door.

“Wait,” I called following him, “I still have more questions!”
“They’ll have to wait, you don’t even get half of what I’m telling you, besides nutrition is about to end, Volt will wonder where we are.”
“But-”
“Just wait, you can ask more during our first training session after school.”

I stopped for a moment and grinned. Despite how much my new found powers frightened me, the prospect of learning more about them was too tantalizing to resist.

“Great,” I said catching up to him, “Can’t wait.”
He grinned, “I know.”


© 2012 Tsukin Archangel


Author's Note

Tsukin Archangel
REVIEW PLEASE! THIS CHAP IS LIKE ALL DARIUS AND DARE!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Quickly just first off, where Dare says he is like a text book and Darius replies he isn't, you wrote after there somewhere-series-but I think you meant serious. Apart from that... AWESOME! :) Nicely explained too, it made a lot of sense. I'm glad you are going to have more explaining cause I wanna know why the parents know! I'm uber glad that Darius isn't evil though *sigh of relief* Anyway, great chapter and keep it up :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Finally truth revealed and then theres more! 100/100 Loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

YES PART OF THE MANY MYSTERIES HAVE BEEN REVEALED >;3 now we just needa know y Dare's parents hate D.. read more
.

11 Years Ago

yup :)
It explains now why he's so close to Damian
Sounds like yaoi...
And one thing somewhat related to... uhh secret*grins*


Posted 11 Years Ago


Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

lol its all good i'll post a chapter today sometime~
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

I'm sorry to review so slow
Tsukin Archangel

11 Years Ago

its all good :3
It's really a DARIUS and DARE chapter.I knew Darius wasn't really the-beast-of-them-all. :) Love this chapter (really)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YESIREEEEEEE....DARIUS IS SO COOL.....hosts are awesome and so is this CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Quickly just first off, where Dare says he is like a text book and Darius replies he isn't, you wrote after there somewhere-series-but I think you meant serious. Apart from that... AWESOME! :) Nicely explained too, it made a lot of sense. I'm glad you are going to have more explaining cause I wanna know why the parents know! I'm uber glad that Darius isn't evil though *sigh of relief* Anyway, great chapter and keep it up :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on May 25, 2012

Dare


Author

Tsukin Archangel
Tsukin Archangel

Palmdale, CA



About
Hmm let's see~ I'm 20 (wow I've had this account for a long time) I'm a poet I'm a story writer A singer An amateur Voice actor An anime enthusiast An avid gamer 100% Unadulterrated Me! I wri.. more..

Writing