Newspaper Jacket

Newspaper Jacket

A Chapter by Archia
"

Her newspaper jacket rustled as she dragged it closer around her.

"

Her newspaper jacket rustled as she dragged it closer around her. The news headlines blared, merging with the next. A murder here, a lost dog there. Good next to bad, bad blurred with good. It was all trivial matters compared to the one who wore it. Trivial matters that would not affect her. The more that came, the easier it was to ignore, until now. Now they were no more than words, barely that left in her head.

She walked, a loose string tugging at her mind. To cut it off would be to unravel the rest, to leave it would present a flaw. Either way a lie. So she pulled at the thread, twisting it, testing it, waiting for it to break of its own accord, instead of leaving it to hang there. Maybe though, it would be better not to do anything. No lies to be said, no truths to break.

But a jacket will remain with a person, even long after all the strings have gone into threads. To throw it out early, would be to leave it sitting there, waiting for someone to come pick it up. To gain the problems, to win its successes.

She sat, as the loose thread began its unravelling. She had chosen. The threads began coursing through the air as the jacket shed its secrets. Truths were shared, lies were made.

And the jacket, that newspaper jacket, became little more than strings hanging on a loom, waiting to be stitched into another story.



© 2012 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I see you need some advice on adding chapters to your book. Easy enough. First of great story. It made me want to read it. Thou jt was short it still had detail and a great pulse through out. Awesome job.

Now to add chapters to the book. Everytime you want to add a chapter to your book. Click on manage. Find the book you want. You will seev two pictures a green folder and. Pages. Click on pages and add a chapter. That simple enough. Moving kn ti the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is one of the best stories you've written that I've read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have a lovely way with words you know. Very interesting theme and great language used. I think its great, good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I really like your writing style. This story seems so far away and mysterious expaining the newspaper jacket so very well. Wonderful!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 18, 2012
Last Updated on March 3, 2012
Tags: jacket, newspaper, journalist, stories


Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia