Seeing

Seeing

A Chapter by Archia

Standing on the crest of a hill I look out over the place I had just left. Conformed grey buildings stretched endlessly into the sky, lights twinkling softly in their wasting interiors. People sat bored at their desks, tapping away at the eternal spaces of the internet.

Powerlines flew over the scene, bending round the blocks, churning people’s days. Cars traversed alone the pains of road, uniform piles of metal. People sped along the paths, burgers in mouths, phones clasped to ears.

Further away, units held daily homes. Each housing a manipulating television, playing out its ads.

I look over the place I had just left; and see the torments of lacking freedom; the way people are conformed to conventional needs.

Slowly I turn and I looked out over the place I will soon be. Boundless trees reach their fickle branches to the sky. Birds streak through the crisp clean air, animals scurrying far over the horizon. Flowers spurted out to the drowning sun.

I look over the place I will soon be; and I see undying freedom; forever happiness.

Softly I say goodbye to the treacherous lives I leave behind, and loudly I welcome the new.

 



© 2012 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on May 4, 2012
Last Updated on May 4, 2012


Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia