The Box

The Box

A Chapter by Archia

It was solemnly obtrusive. Lacing tight in the ground it sat, staring out at the world around it. Swatches of grass tickled its side, an ant climbing to reign its victory. It sat, with the life moving around it, waiting or a questioning hand.

The waiting finished quickly, a curious body bending over its brown. A smooth hand enclosing around its tiresome frame. A smile looked down on it, a laugh emitting from its lips. The hand reached up, triumphant, holding the calloused wood high above its head, beginning to sprint to the group of deflated contestants.

 

A mumble of non-understandable jumble protruded from the gleeful body, the words dancing into the others hearing.

With a final swish, a penultimate note, the body looked again upon the box, securing again their trophy. With a flourish, they slide the lid from its place and with an upturned face, the person looked upon the box.


© 2012 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting... I like it. So tell me what was in the box ??? Tell me it was chocolate....

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
1 Review
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on May 6, 2012
Tags: box


Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia