Judging

Judging

A Chapter by Archia

I look around and see the size of all things. Some small some big. Buildings standing metres above the rest. And then I realise that nothing is that tall. Our eyes with which we see are only centimetres high. So isn’t everything we see only at most little centimetres high. So I ask why is height such an important thing in this world, when there is really only a centimetre between things. The flower that smells of beauty is no more than a speck. The skyscraper towering into the sky is a single hair.  And it is the same with width. How are people fat when only a millimetre determines their size. Why do the models on TV always seem to be so thin. The horizon of sea is no more than a small view.

That is how we truly see and that is how we should truly judge. Not with our eyes but with our minds.

               



© 2012 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

After reading those few read requests you had sent me, I must say I really do enjoy your style of writing.
As for this, its short, but with what the narrator says, it leaves you thinking afterwards, and then going back to rereading the story. (At least that is what I did). And it's right, with our eyes we only see things, but with our minds we decide what it is and how it belongs in the world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very true. The eyes look and report, but only the mind sees...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 30, 2012


Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia