Astarte Ch. Five

Astarte Ch. Five

A Chapter by Arctic Fox
"

The rush is over and now we wait.

"

Ch. 5 Chaos Rising

One of the servants in charge of Bear and Brooklyn’s room silently refilled Bear’s wine glass as he listened to Brooklyn and her mother chat about life since Brooklyn’s exile. The kingdom had been in chaos and turmoil when young Lucy took the throne. She had been the closest cousin to King Harium Vasilian. Brooklyn would have been both a target and hindrance to her mother. Her being a target was in itself a hindrance. So Lucy Verendale exiled her own daughter for both her protection and to secure her safe return once the kingdom was firmly in her grasp as queen. She had spent the first few months executing nobles who had or who still stood in her way. She then spent the next few months giving titles to different nobles or generals who had supported her in her ascent to the throne. She was fierce and ruthless. Yet the people adored her.

As the conversation turned towards wardrobes and the latest Lakelian perfumes, Bear stood from his chair and walked over to the balcony. Horo was in the garden taking even more notes. It seemed like she had already filled an entire book full of them. Shadow was sitting with her quietly chatting away. Horo had really opened up in the last month.

Law, Justin, Kat, and Stephanie were all playing a ball game with some fairy children. The four mages were at a huge disadvantage as none of them had wings. There had been talks of a treaty with Lakel, but Bear had had to tell them that they were in no position to negotiate such terms, but would pass on the message once he had arrived back in Lakel.

Bear turned back towards Brooklyn and Queen Lucy. Both wore matching gowns of purple with Indigo slashes down to the hem. The backs of the dresses were cut to allow maximum room for their wings. Horo spent much of her time at night examining Brooklyn; who found it quite humorous. She never seemed to run out of questions. She had the chance to take blood samples to study half-breed genetics when Brooklyn cut herself on a bench which was later destroyed at the request of the head steward Illian Usario.

Illian was an elderly woman who had served the past three monarch. She started as a maid and had served at her current post for over fifteen years. She was too valuable to the palace to let he go.

Bear sauntered over to the couch where Brooklyn sat casually talking to her mother. He lay beside her with his head resting in her lap. The queen cocked her eyebrow at the unusual behavior. That was of course just Bear being Bear. No matter how many men fell to his scythe he still had a little boy living in his soul. As the afternoon meal was brought the conversation changed from mother to daughter to mother to Bear.

“Tell me young Bear, why are you here? Why did you let yourself get caught up in my daughter’s deception? Granted it is not as if she was leading you to your death,” the queen inquired.

“I do not know your Highness. You could call it stupidity, trust, love, or whatever label you want to stick on it. The fact of the matter is that we are here. Brook has had time to meet with you, we risked life and limb in the freezing cold even though the journey went smooth as ice, and still I do not know why I am here. I need to be getting back to my troops. The most dangerous war of the ages is on the doorstep of my guild and I need to be there to send good mages to their deaths,” Bear answered.

“Don’t be so grim Little Reaper. You are here and you will not be leaving empty handed. Come, gather your mages. We have somewhere to go,” Queen Lucy beckoned.

~

Life in the village soon became routine. The mages all rose at first light to take their morning meal. They drilled until noon meal and took regular classes until supper. The mages who were to young to fight helped clean or run errands until noon meal and then assimilated into classes like everyone else. Both the Saints and guild Serenity had started building their sections turning the village into a small town. Someone had put up a sign that read “Welcome to Trinity” at the main entrances. They referred to the town as such due to there being three guilds. The fire Master Mage Garret from the Saints to be the Training Commander. He had served as a city guard before being admitted into the Saints.

The Zodiacs were all busy. Gemini and Cancer took up Hana of Serenity, the daughter of Serenity’s Supervisor, as an apprentice. Virgo and Amberle were busy working on training the medical mages in field healing. Pisces and Libra were ambassadors to the Saints and Guild Serenity respectively. Aquarius and Aries spent much of their time coordinating and planning. Sagittarius was gone more than was normal. Capricorn was busy working with Garret and Leo spent his time gathering news of Iron Basilisk’s movements as well as those of Axis’s. Scorpio and Taurus spear-headed the trinity project which was more or less the building and fortifying of the town.

The only thing that was unusual was the egg that sat in the furnaces all day and all night. Aries monitored it like a she wolf would her pups. When the egg began moving on its own, Aries spent even more of his limited free time with the egg. Amberle and Fay often thought that if he were to sleep next to the egg, Aquarius would kill him. Amberle was sure that it would have put a strain on their relationship by the way Aquarius acted. She seemed so flustered all the time. Then again the thought of a war on the very doorstep put a strain on them all. The best thing to happen to their relationship was when the thing hatched. The sight of a red scaled dragon sitting in the fires of a forge with remnant of egg strewn all over the place is a menacing sight indeed.

It was a free day and everyone was relaxing. Some of the mages had a ball game going in the clearing in the middle of the town. Fay was intently watching the game when a flash caught her eye. The glint of armor in the distant flashed again. Being the curious young girl she was; she decided to fly over and inspect the figures riding toward them.

As the she grew closer to the riders she noticed a orange crescent moon on their dark blue cloaks. Not knowing who they were she flew towards the town to find Amberle. Not knowing where she was she flew to the Hospital. Virgo was in the middle of a class. Not wanted to disturb her she flew to their quarters in the Officer District. As she was rounding a corner she flew straight into a body. Dazed she fell straight to the ground.

“Oh my! Are you ok Fay? Are you hurt,” Amberle asked. It took a minute for Fay to regain her senses, but when she did she told Amberle about the riders. Horns blasted all over camp announcing an approach. Amberle picked up Fay and set her on her shoulder. With a brisk stride Amberle made her way towards the eastern gate. A cluster of Wielder Mages with their red armbands and one High Mage with his blue armband and his gold book pin shining brightly on his cloak stood guard at the gates. High Mages were one step below Master mages and therefore a low ranking officer. The High Mages were all assigned to lead teams of Mages and Wielder Mages.

“The approaching riders are Ryvius, see they make it in, understood,” Amberle told the High Mage.

“Yes Ma’am! Open the gates,” the mage noticing her blue armband called out.

“Who approaches Captain Amberle,” raven the dark-haired, beauty that was the Serenity Guild leader asked.

“Commander Raven, a group of Ryvius rider’s approach. They are from my brother’s guild and therefore allies of Astarte. They pose no threat to us,” Amberle replied.

“I’ll trust you in this matter then Captain,” Raven replied. She moved over to the side of the entrance to watch the proceedings.

As the riders reached the gates the Master Mage are the fore called for the riders to halt. After being granted permission to enter the crossed the barricade and over the embankment past the gate and into the town. The Master mage recognizing Raven addressed her first.

“Madam Raven, I seek Amberle, Master Mage of Astarte,” said the rider.

With a chuckle Raven replied, “She stands not three feet from you.”

Amberle approached the Rider. The rider dismounted and called for one of the other mages to come forward. The mage was carrying several saddle bags.

“Ma’am, I’m sorry! Our guild leader, your brother, he, he fell in battle! Axis overran us. The guild burns and our mages are scattered,” The rider said with down cast eyes.

The world seemed to spin and tilt as Amberle dropped to the ground. Raven ran forward and caught her before she hit the soil beneath her. Fay was wide mouthed not knowing what to say. Raven instructed the on of the gate mages to take the bags to Amberle’s quarters and for a medic to be brought. As for Amberle she was remembering better days was her body shut down on the news.

~

Virgo sat next to Amberle. She had been out for hours. She woke once and the cried herself to sleep. Capricorn and Sara checked on her often as did Aquarius, Raven, Tomas, and Aries. Word had been sent to Bear via Guild Seal, but it would take days before the message would reach him across such a distance.

On the third day after the news Virgo woke to find Amberle not in her bed. She looked around the room and saw her staring out the window. Amberle held her orb in her hand. She almost never had the thing out of its pouch on her belt. what really got Virgo’s attention was the fact that Amberle was covered head to toe not in her officer uniform, but in armor. Her Sun Armor was silver gilded with gold. When the sun hit it, rays flew from its surface in a dazzling display. It shone brilliantly. In her hand was her sword with both sides sharpened to a deadly razor edge. She turned towards Virgo as a single tear fell down her cheek.

She left Virgo alone in her room. As Virgo got up a knock on the door startled her. Sara entered the room.

“What’s with Amby Virgo,” she asked.

“Her son is in another country, one brother is hell bent on taking over this one, and the other brother is dead. Blu mostly likely died at the orders of his own brother. She is sad, lonely, and angry,” Virgo said solemnly. A tiny yawn drew both their eyes to a little pallet on a shelf as Fay stretched her arms. Fay looked around and Virgo answered her question before she could ask it.

“She needed some air Little One so she stepped out for a bit. You are welcome to spend the day with me if you wish,” Virgo said.

“Ok,” was Fay’s only reply as she flew over and sat on Virgo’s shoulder. The alarm sounded.

“What the bloody hell is going on now,” Virgo said exasperated.

Sara and Virgo went their separate ways. Sara was attached to Amberle unit as her Major Lieutenant. As Virgo exited the building she took out her Fan. At her command it extended in length and width. Virgo had a lot of ground to cover to the command post. As she sat on the fan it lifted her off the ground and by wires of magic attached to Virgo flew towards the tall stone building in the center of Trinity.

When she reached her destination Virgo lithely jumped from her fan to the ground as it returned to its normal size. She folded it up and tucked it back into her sash around her uniform. The guards saluted her as she entered the Command Center. In the main meeting room the Astarte Zodiacs and those few master mages stood around the large wooden table that held maps and other pieces of sensitive information used in deciding their course of action in response to the destruction of Ryvius by Axis and the threats from Iron Basilisk. When it seemed all who would be in attendance were there Aries spoke low and sharp.

“We have been betrayed! The tome is gone,” Gasps came first and then an uproar as everyone began talking over everyone else.

“Silence! Sagittarius is both a traitor and murderer for the tomes guards are also dead,” Aries continued.

“Sagittarius! How can that be,” Leo asked.

“He was the Commander of the Guard so no alarm would be raised if he was near the Tome. Why worry about your own commander? None the less this information will soon be leaked. I want everyone to assemble your units and explain the issue and that from now on security is going to be tighter and stricter. Your mages will stay in their areas and do their jobs as instructed. Common Areas will be designated. Buildings will be labeled by rank so if a building has crossed horns I don’t want to see a book or bell near it, am I understood,” Aquarius commanded.

“Yes, ma’am” Those assembled yelled.

“You are dismissed with the exception of Capricorn, Virgo, Amberle, and Scorpio,” Aries said.

Virgo took a seat next to Capricorn. She had been standing throughout the meeting. Amberle had a harder look about her eyes. Scorpio was lobbing a fireball up and down casting odd glows off his gold armbands. He seemed as unaffected as ever. Aries nodded to Capricorn who leaned forward.

“Life is hitting us hard and fast and it seems like this all one big rush. Reports have come back saying that both Iron Basilisk and Axis have just disappeared without a trace. We will monitor the situation and keep everyone informed. I would not go lax on drill, but this could be the respite we need to catch up and level things out,” Capricorn explained.

“All the healers will be ready at a minutes notice, you have my promise of it,” Virgo said to Capricorn.

“Good. What is an army without its medic? We will count heavily on you and Amberle, Virgo,” Aquarius said.

“Scorpio says the defenses are all done and ready for this to come to a head. We fear though that we will have a fight on multiple fronts,” Aries said.

“Iron Basilisk will try and spread us out. We will assimilate the three guilds into three armies ready to take different fronts. Each Army will be led by a Guild Master and their seconds will be the seconds to a different army than their Guild Masters army to help foster cooperation. Aquarius has already agreed to serve with Raven. Since the daughter of Serenity’s Laka, Hana, is an apprentice to Gemini, we have a contact to Serenity. Laka will serve with Tomas and Garret will Aries. Sagittarius’s unit “The 3rd Combat Regiment Steel Cobras” will be dissolved and each “Python” interrogated for traitors. Those found guilty will be hung and those not put into another unit,” Scorpio said.

“Bear and his group are three days out. Amberle you will be under Raven, but before you go; I want you to meet with Bear and bring them the rest of the way in,” Aries said to Amberle who just nodded, “Maybe you’ll have a chance to cool off and recover.”

“I’ll recover when I remove my brother’s head from his shoulders,” Amberle replied as she walked out the door. Fay just barely slipped out before the door closed on her.

When Virgo was sure they were the only one left she addressed Aries, “She is coping the best way she knows how Lucas. Her brother is dead and to her the only way to right that is to kill her other brother. It won’t work, but she isn’t in her right mind. However if you look at it this way; the object of her hatred is all our enemy. It might destroy her in the end, but then again his time was up long ago. One day she will recover, but she’ll probably break first,” Virgo said.

“Can you spare Pisces and his Martyrs to the Saints Jessica,” Scorpio asked, “They have need of a skilled healer of his stature. More or less the problem the Saints have is battle-rage and the berserkers and they want that at a minimum.”

“Well Dominic, that leaves two of our five units of healers, with two of the three leaving going to the Saints if we do that, but I guess we have no choice since they are will assault the main opposing force,” Virgo looked to Aries.

“Do it,” Aries said, “Isabella, my love, will you see to it that that is arranged?”

“I will see to it. If this concludes our business I have much paperwork to do to reorganize three guilds into three armies. I need to consult Laka and Garret on which units they want moved as well,” Aquarius said as she rose from the table. She kissed Aries and promptly set off to the administration office absentmindedly twirling her flute in her hands. She had been draining herself considerably. She played it often to cast a calm over their growing town.

“Stephanie muster your unit. You have guard duty tonight,” Aries said. Capricorn saluted and excused herself. Scorpio soon followed.

“Destroy Lakel. We vowed to destroy this world. I can’t even remember why we wanted to any more, but we are damn sure close to accomplishing that goal,” Aries said to Virgo. She could feel her mark burning on her back as she remember that night so long ago.

“I will not deviate from our course, Luke. I had no family before I met you. Your like a brother to me. Isabella is like my sister. Nehemiah was one of our own! Ican not think what would make him betray us so easily. Their has to be a reason, “Virgo cried as tears began to well up in her ears. They poured when Aries spoke.

“He was like my brother! I accepted him like he was blood. He stabbed me in the back and turned his on us. He stole the most precious thing that I own from me. My mother died to create that book so that people like us might be redeemed for our sins. He took that from me and I take his life for it,” Aries yelled. He looked away ashamed at making her cry, “What is done is done Jess. I know you were close to him, but he turned his back on you too. We should have know that he was different. I mean his mark was on the right, when all the rest of ours were on the left. He is going to be trouble. If he calls on his earring, he will not go done easy and many mages will die in the process.”

“I know,” Virgo said looking sick.

“Go get some sun. You need a rest,” Aries said in a whisper.

Virgo saluted, but hesitated before leaving. On impulse she ran to Aries and through her arms around her neck. He held her like a big brother to his younger sister as he stroked her hair and she cried.

~

Shadow had been running back and forth scouting the area around the mages. His mind was swimming in the memories of the day before they left the city of the fairies, Elie. The had followed the Queen for hours into a forest behind the palace they had stayed in. in the center of the forest was a tree, a stone, and a pool of cool water. Each mage was told to close their eyes and trust their bodies. It was as if someone was pulling him as he walked blindly. All at once his feet stopped and a few minutes later Queen Lucy told them to open their eyes.

Bear, Brooklyn, and Horo stood by the tree. Law, Justin, Stephanie, and Kat stood by the pool. Shadow stood alone by the stone. At the direction of Queen Lucy Bear, her daughter, and Horo touched the tree. The tree shook, and then blinked causing the Serenity and Saint mages to gasp.

“You have come far. You love the land and serve it selflessly young mages. You will leave here with a gift. Your gift is an ancient magic rarely seen in these days and then only by the oldest sages. Where you walk life will follow you,” The Ent said to the three Astarte mages.

From the pool came a young maiden. She was beautiful with long blonde hair and fair, perfect skin. The four mages gathered around the pool. The maiden kissed each one. Stephanie made a fuss as she normally did when things didn’t go the way she wanted them, but she succumbed soon enough.

“The ocean contains many things; land, fire, light, darkness, life, death, and many more. It is its own world set apart from the land. My kiss is special. Call on me and if water is near I will come. I can heal you of most anything and I can strengthen you before battle,” She said before turning to Stephanie, “Also, if you just want to chat, I think I can come for that too.” Stephanie’s mouth hung open and her cheeks took on a rosy hue.

Shadow watched everything with interest. When the maiden had went back into the depths of her pool he felt a presence around him. Shadow turned and before him stood a man dressed in dark, blood red armor. His blue eyes pierced deep into Shadow’s soul. The young mage sank to his knees.

“Not all things from the darkness are evil, young shadow. You are not the only one to live in the night and deny yourself the sins it entices you to commit. The stone is cold, hard, and unyielding as will you be when faced by your enemies and demons. I give to you something mages covet. I give you a contract to control one of the creatures before you. Pick one and sign,” the man said producing four scrolls.

A giant stone sentinel stood behind the man, a tortoise with a stone shell to his front, a basilisk to his right, and a giant cat to his left. His teeth were onyx and his claws obsidian. He was grey with black stripes. Shadow smiled as he made his choice. He walked to the man and produces a knife cutting across his palm. After coating his hand in his own blood he pressed it to the scroll of the hell cat.

“Be swift and deadly young shadow,” the man said. The cat strode forward and bowed his head to Shadow. He purred as Shadow stroked his fur.

“Just like shadow. Looks creepy, but a big softy,” Justin laugh. Horo looked to Shadow. When shadow nodded to her she ran forward and kissed his lips. The next few days Horo just about filled another book worth of notes on the hell cat. Shadow just smiled happy to have her near.

Stephanie spent more time around the water that night than was necessary. When asked about it Kat laughed as she twirled her red hair around her finger. The answer surprised the group and made Law’s eyes bulge.

“When you live in a guild of only women; often times they become confused on whose embrace they should spend their nights in, a man’s or a woman’s,” Kat said. Brooklyn cuddled closer to Bear. Kat fed the fire with her own flames thinking the girl cold.

Shadow himself thought on his all male guild. Must be why the guys go out so much to drink and find women, he thought to himself as Horo slept in his lap. Striker the hellcat sat behind him. Stephanie herself had retired early after her swim in the river next to their camp.

“Ho mages!” a voice called out from the wood line. Horo shot up in Shadow’s lap. Bear grabbed his scythe and stared out towards the direction the voice hailed from. When Amberle materialized from the shadows of the night Bear sighed in relief.

Before he could move to give his mother a hug a bright light flew towards him hitting his face. Bear staggered back and the light persisted to attack him. It took him several moments to realize it was Fay slapping him. Law and Justin were both poised to assist, but Brooklyn held them back. Kat looked on in mild interest at the spectacle.

“Don’t leave me again! Don’t! Don’t! Don’t! Don’t! Please,” Fay said with tears in her eyes.

“I’m sorry you couldn’t come with us Fay. I promise next time we will not leave you behind,” Brooklyn said as she tried to soothe her. Fay just glared at her.

“Girl! I know you upset, but that is no reason to be mean to Brook for trying to apologize,” Bear scolded, “Now apologize!”

“Sorry,” Fay said ashamed.

“Well now that Bear has been thoroughly beaten by a little sprite; anyone want to tell me what the fuss is all about,” said Stephanie coming out of her tent.

“I’m Amberle of Astarte and Bear’s mother. I have come to bring both news to you and you to Trinity, the town that houses the guilds Serenity, Saints, and Astarte,” Amberle started, “After much turmoil between the guilds Ryvius and Axis; an assault was launched upon Ryvius by Axis. The result left Ryvius a scattered guild and their guild leader, my brother, dead on the field of battle. We have reason to believe Iron Basilisk instigated the attack. Your fellowship will have to come to an end. Each of you have been summon to be in one of three joint armies that will both assault Iron Basilisk when the time comes, but also to aid in any defenses that have to occur.”

Each of the mages that made the long, but rather pleasant journey to the Fairy capital looked around at the others. They each in turn felt the weight of war settle unto their shoulder.

“What about the National Military,” Law asked Amberle.

“Refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong. They have a Spellcaster Corp, but in a war between mage guilds it would be routed or completely destroy in its first altercation,” Amberle replied.

“Useless bunch really. Nothing more than one huge police force. We haven’t had a real war in decades,” Justin said.

“Mom, the important thing is knowing if your ok. I now how much,” Bear started.

“I will heal in time Bear. Before I do though; I will see my other brother’s head removed from his shoulders,” Amberle said cutting him off. Bear hugged her close whispering in her ear that he loved her. Amberle cried a little and the other mages left to the fire to give them time including Brooklyn and Fay. When they broke their embrace they went to the fire to discuss the plans and intentions of the three guilds before retiring for the night.

Shadow thought on that night for a while before continuing his scouting. Striker loped along beside him as they crest the hill the overlooked the town of Trinity. He looked out and marveled at the bustling town before him with forge fires smoking and people moving back and forth working on their daily chores.

Shadow pulled back from off the hill and worked his way back to the mages approach the camp. When he had rejoined the party he told them all was clear and that they were not far off. Amberle assumed the lead and lead then across the clearing between the forest and the town. When they were in range of the viewing glasses the gates opened admitting them into the town. The guards gave a wary glance at the sight of the hellcat.

When they entered the town runners from each of the guild came to receive their mages. Everyone said their goodbye and made arrangements to meet that night at the gate. A young Upper Apprentice wearing his red armband and gold bell saluted Bear and then passed out blue armbands like the one Amberle wore. She had already explained the use of the bands as a way to mark officers, medics, soldiers, and engineers easily on the field when they were traveling to Trinity.

“Captain Bear, Captain Amberle, Major Lieutenant Brooklyn, Minor Lieutenant Horo! The Kodiaks have been drilling under the direction of Commander Aries and Minor Lieutenant Markus. We are in section1, district 1, block 4. Captain and Major Lieutenant you are quartered in building A-2. Your offices are in building A-1. I am to take you there. I bath has already been ran for you. Minor Lieutenant you are in building A-3 wing B. Minor Lieutenant is in wing A,” the young mage said looking winded.

“Thank you. What is your name since you seem to be a Kodiak,” Bear asked knowing that in times of emergency he held a combat unit named after his favorite bear.

“Sean, sir,” the boy replied, “I am to be your runner since I am close to promotion and therefore most likely going to be in battle. I am quarters in your building down stairs. If we go to combat I am also your runner for messages. I hope you don’t mind. Other officer got to choose their runners, I was chosen for you. The top Upper Apprentice candidates were chosen for runners. I am a strong nature mage, I promise to do my best!”

Bear laughed at the boy’s eagerness, “you’ll do fine Sean.” At hearing those words, Sean beamed from ear to ear.

“Right this way then sir,” Sean said leading them away from the gates.

“Shadow, are you listen,” the girl next to Shadow asked. Shadow snapped back from watching Bear to the petite young mage before him. She had long jet black hair with blue streaks and piercing blue eyes. She wore the white robes and blue crescent moon of Serenity, but on her blue armbands was a red shield with white wings marking her a Saint’s ambassador. The gold book on her collar marked her a High Mage. She held out a pin with two crossed unicorn horns.

“Congratulations Shadow,” The girl said, “your dazing in and out. Justin and Law are already gone. Oh! I see. Finally found a pair of…”

“Shut up Luna! Don’t even start,” Shadow yelled. The girl, Luna, took a step back. Shadow’s eyes seemed the contain fire. Striker positioned himself between him and her. Shadow put a hand on Striker’s head to calm him.

“I don’t want to you to ever disrespect Horo again. Am I clear sister,” Shadow demanded.

“Yes, forgive me brother,” Luna said with red in her cheeks and shame in her eyes.

“Good, let’s go. I have need of a bath and I’d like to talk to you,” he said.

“Check in with Tomas first. He wanted to see you,” Luna said to her brother, “I have to go back to Raven, but I’ll show you the officer and your quarters.

Luna walked with Shadow in silence until they reached his rooms and dropped off his pack. After switching his pins and cleaning his face the duo made they way to the Saint’s head office. The guards saluted the two as they approached the door. Striker stayed behind to wait outside. The whole building was in a buzz. Runners ran back and forth. Down several halls towards the center of the building was Tomas’s office and quarters.

Luna bid her brother farewell and scurried away like a fearful rabbit. Shadow knocked on the door. After be given consent to enter he stepped inside and saluted Tomas as was customary of all Saints during peace or war. Their guild operated always as a military corp. Tomas motioned to a chair.

“Shadow. When you first stumbled onto my doorstep I have to admit I was wary of a dark mage in my guild. I was afraid of what that would mean for our guild. So allow me first to apologize to you for my first impression. I am sorry Shadow. Now let me say this as well. You have been a most exemplary mage to this guild. You have never questioned your orders and you work well with your comrades. When the Reaping Bear asked for your services I did not hesitate. I am sure you have heard about the armies arrangements. We are the main assault force. Serenity will provide support and Astarte defense when needed. Bear and his Kodiaks will be serving in our ranks as well as four of the remaining eleven Zodiacs. I want you to serve next to Bear. I have named you the Captain of the 3rd combat regiment. They are yours and they need a standard Shadow. What say you,” Tomas said holding out his hand.

Taking Tomas’s hand Shadow replied, “Call them the Hellcats.”



© 2010 Arctic Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
Added on June 10, 2010
Last Updated on June 10, 2010


Author

Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox

LA



About
I am the youngest of three. I was born in 1991. I love to read, write, and help others. Want to know more, just ask. I will answer any question no matter what it is with a 100% honest answer. more..

Writing