Dialogue between man and water

Dialogue between man and water

A Story by Arctic Fox
"

A Q&A

"

A dialogue between a merchant sailor and water

Water: Do you think me beautiful?

Man: Very much. You are the most beautiful of land, sea, and sky. You dominate the world. Those that live in you are both colorful and lively.

Water: Do you find me fun and useful?

Man: I swim in you, surf your waves, and sail across your surface. I feed my family your fish and make my living traveling across you.

Water: Do you fear me?

Man: No! Why would I fear such a lovely creation as you. I love you.

Water: You are foolish!

Man: Why?

Water: Fear and respect me. You are weak. In me are fish that can eat you. My waves can level your cities. No storm ever created over land has wrought the destruction as my storms. My currents can pull you under and forever will you be mine. I have swallowed whole ships. My whirlpools have a tighter grip than anything on land. You are foolish and weak. Take this as your only warning. Be gone from me I have an ecosystem to maintain.

© 2010 Arctic Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This composition is novel and clever, and I enjoyed it a lot. The water is right you know. Anyone who has spent time on the sea (I'm retired from the U.S. Navy) knows that it's power is awesome. Wrecking ecosystems is something man is pretty good at, so I hope water can endure--if not, we're all doomed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the idea very much, not so much the execution. The transitions feel very abrupt. It is well written nonetheless, and I see a bright future for you. (Maybe you are already in that bright future, since this was written ten years ago.)

Posted 3 Years Ago


This composition is novel and clever, and I enjoyed it a lot. The water is right you know. Anyone who has spent time on the sea (I'm retired from the U.S. Navy) knows that it's power is awesome. Wrecking ecosystems is something man is pretty good at, so I hope water can endure--if not, we're all doomed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I have an ecosystem to maintain" -sounds like it's gonna be heading to the gulf for awhile. great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


Omg, this is so cute! I laughed at the end! This is entertaining and meaningful, perhaps, there could've been more difference between the dialogue, but it's fine. The controlling idea expresses many points and concepts such as vanity and the deception of the beauty. While the waters give, they take. Wow, I've gained a new form of imagrey to be honest.

Also, you have a little typo, here:

"If" feed my family your fish and make my living traveling across you.

Did you mean "you" as in the waters feed the family?

Otherwise, I loved this and I truly think this deserves a hundred and a place in my libary.




Posted 13 Years Ago


That last line made me laugh a little, even if that is a sad thought about the ocean's ecosystem with the oil spill.
This is a fun little piece and very much the truth. There are two sides to everything and the ocean has its beauty and its wrath to be sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on July 8, 2010
Tags: ocean, water, man, dialogue

Author

Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox

LA



About
I am the youngest of three. I was born in 1991. I love to read, write, and help others. Want to know more, just ask. I will answer any question no matter what it is with a 100% honest answer. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goblincore Goblincore

A Poem by Moonie