Addictive Drug

Addictive Drug

A Story by Arctic Fox
"

You kill me from the inside out

"

How do you find the words? What do you say to let them know what they mean to you? How do you describe the sensations they give you? Do you say I love you? Or is that word overused? Is love used so much the very meaning has become perverted and twisted to me like? Let me try to tell you what you mean to me.

 

You were like a bombshell dropped on my life. You were unexpected and totally changed everything. I will never be the same. You drown me with your blue eyes and soft rose lips. Your smile is a toxin racing through my veins. You destroyed everything that was my life and remodeled it to include yourself. You are the most addictive drug ravaging my mind and soul. Your very presence holds me rooted to the ground unable to walk away from you. You have ensnared me and cut me from what I once was. Your very being is an engulfing aura infecting me. You have killed the me I was to bring to the world the me I am now because of you.

 

You wanna know something? You are a poisonous flower. You are sweet to look at. You attract me to walk towards you and pluck you from the garden. I am entranced by you. Your poison flows through my veins like fire. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I was a lost soul who you gave a purpose. You gave me a reason to live. You have changed me from the void soul I was to the titan I am today. Your poison gave me strength. My soul hardened to protect you and stand as a pillar of strength. I am the thorns that protect you my flower. I am the soil you grow from. I am the stem that holds you up like a pillar. I am the sun that feeds you. I am yours. I will protect you as your thorns. I will feed your passion as your soil. I will support you as your stem. I will watch over you as your sun.

 

You changed the bad to the good and took the good and made it better. I drink your poison like honey. To me your poison is like water giving me life. It is no poison to me. It is the catalyst that broke through my walls, my barriers, my barricades, and my shell unleashing me out into the world. I strive to be great to make you proud of me. With you at my side I can not fail. I am because of you. Thank you my flower.

© 2010 Arctic Fox


Author's Note

Arctic Fox
I inspire easy. I wrote this for a blue-eyed beauty!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lots of imagery in this, and so strong, emotion wise. I can imagine someone actually so spouting all of this, letting the one they love know why they actually do love them. I believe the phrase 'i love you' is beyond overused, and overtime, has lost it's real meaning. It is thrown around too casually to hold what it really should. Not to mention that people say it just to say it, and then turn around and do something that shows the opposite of how much you love. This is something I would say to the person I love, if I believed in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Kiba, Kiba, my dear girl....just guess. you look into mirrors don't you?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Who'd you write this for? It's beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is a lot of imagery in this story. I really enjoyed this. I know that love is addictive or a person. They are hard to shake. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. That was powerful. The imagery was really strong and I could picture everything that was going on. I really enjoyed the extended metaphor with the poison and the flower... REALLY good. But maybe, instead of naming it "Addictive Drug", how about "Attractive Drug" or "My Favorite Drug"? It's just that drugs are addictive, so naming it addictive drug would be redundant... But I really enjoyed this! The repetition of the sentence beginnings gave it a rhythm and really easy to read.. My favorite line was "I drink your poisin like honey." :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Stunning imagery again! Always wonderful to bathe in your enlighened soul within your work love!
You take universal mysticism and infuse it with passion!
Awesome work
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


. I am the thorns that protect you my flower. I am the soil you grow from. I am the stem that holds you up like a pillar. I am the sun that feeds you. I am yours. I will protect you as your thorns. I will feed your passion as your soil. I will support you as your stem. I will watch over you as your sun.
(Classic)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love the imagery, the emotion, and the feeling of gratitude I get from reading this. Now I want to write one....

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lots of imagery in this, and so strong, emotion wise. I can imagine someone actually so spouting all of this, letting the one they love know why they actually do love them. I believe the phrase 'i love you' is beyond overused, and overtime, has lost it's real meaning. It is thrown around too casually to hold what it really should. Not to mention that people say it just to say it, and then turn around and do something that shows the opposite of how much you love. This is something I would say to the person I love, if I believed in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting writing. Apart from few odd sentences i saw nothing as for style and grammar. As contents it has some pretty powerful emotions and descriptions in there.

You know the whole thing reminds me of "Written on the Body" by Jeanette Winterson. If you are interested you can have a look at it, its pretty much the same topic but discusses in details.

I don't know, i just though i might mention it because the style is similar.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 8, 2010

Author

Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox

LA



About
I am the youngest of three. I was born in 1991. I love to read, write, and help others. Want to know more, just ask. I will answer any question no matter what it is with a 100% honest answer. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Living For You Living For You

A Poem by A.Lee