Borrowed Souls

Borrowed Souls

A Story by Arctic Fox
"

Wolfe is on a journey to no where, with more companions than you can see

"

Wolfe sat quietly on the train. He was of average height for his people; standing around six feet tall. He had hazel eyes that complemented his shaggy red hair. He was as muscular as any farmer or soldier with good looking features. He was nothing special at first glance unless you got his shirt off. That would be the only way to see the chain that hung from his neck. A deep purple gem cut to form a crystal hung from the chain. He had other gems that he carried like the ones attached to his bracers, anklets, and staff. Most of them were white, but a few displayed different colors. Most of those were vibrant and glowing. Two of the gems were dull; a pastel yellow and a burnt orange. These were on his left bracer. Two were very dark; the one around his neck and another a dark gray sat neck to a forest green on the other bracer. On his staff were gems of candy apple red, bright red, yellow, aquamarine, amber, and sky blue arranged in a hexagon around the ornate tip.

He carefully crafted his uniform so as not to draw too much attention to the gems. The way the people in this land dressed it would not matter much. Everyone seemed to love color and flamboyant styles. Wolfe thought on this trend as he leaned against the window trying to get some sleep to no avail. A slender balding man with a crooked nose strode into Wolfe’s compartment with his hand hidden under his cloak.

“Hey buddy! That is a nice stick you got there. I think I’ll take it. I’m a collector of sorts and your about to be the victim of a, ARRGH!” Smoke and the smells of burnt flesh filled the air. Wolfe still looked out his window. He set the staff back down and the bright red gem eventually stopped glowing.

© 2011 Arctic Fox


Author's Note

Arctic Fox
A teaser for now. I'm swamped with all the things I'm writing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 29, 2011
Last Updated on March 29, 2011
Tags: souls, wolfe, borrowed, borrowed souls, fantasy, steam punk, summon, magic

Author

Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox

LA



About
I am the youngest of three. I was born in 1991. I love to read, write, and help others. Want to know more, just ask. I will answer any question no matter what it is with a 100% honest answer. more..

Writing