Meme

Meme

A Story by ardent seeker
"

This an early attempt at sci-fi flash fiction.

"
My walk, a near sprint, out of the engine room brought me past a swarm of nanobots performing their scheduled maintainance.  The collection of bots buzzed a fast tune that almost met the current criteria for a top twenty hit. Finished working, trying as hard as I could to exit the building I forgot the nanobuzz pop hit as quickly as the bots diligently worked their scheduled techno-magic. Later that night I lay in my pod trying to sleep but all I could do was hum that f*****g nano-tune. Even here, safe in my pod, it is impossible to escape the tyranny of my work,  I thought.  I’ll never sleep while humming the work song of the nanosI guess they will never work with hope of sleep. Computer off lights and hold any interruptions ,on music|sea sounds for restless souls.

© 2010 ardent seeker


Author's Note

ardent seeker
This is my first micro fiction piece as well as my first attempt at science fiction. I'm curious it if fully meets the criteria for micro fiction? And most importantly does it make sense? Does it create a cohesive mood?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this and am wondering where you are going to go? Only this? You tease me. Im in the mood, in the head of the character so please write more. This site is really missing cyber. I have to go to other places to read. I liked what I read so far.
So give us a situation with this guy/girl alien or other entity that we my be listening to. Smiles.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
Really like this, but it's too short

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like this and am wondering where you are going to go? Only this? You tease me. Im in the mood, in the head of the character so please write more. This site is really missing cyber. I have to go to other places to read. I liked what I read so far.
So give us a situation with this guy/girl alien or other entity that we my be listening to. Smiles.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Joe
I really like this. It's such a great first attempt at science fiction (a genre I really dig). I especially like the line: "The collection of bots buzzed a fast tune that almost met the current criteria for a top twenty hit." That was a good one. Great job! Keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on February 17, 2010
Tags: Sci Fi, Science Fiction, Flash Ficion

Author

ardent seeker
ardent seeker

Baton Rouge, LA



About
I get happy and then get sad, eat food, and sometimes I sleep. I have had some birthdays, in the past, there was cake. I often avoid the gaze of the young, there are to many painful memories inside th.. more..

Writing