Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by ArebiIsNotOnFire
"

Meet Brendan

"
I woke up the next morning peacefully. I quickly got up and finished the long list of chores my brother left for me. Homework done, clothes in the washer, dishes cleaned and put away, rooms cleaned, etcetera, etcetera. 
I crumpled up the piece of paper with my chores on it and tossed it into the trash. My brother insists on giving me the longest list of chore imaginable. Maybe it's to keep me out of trouble, as if I go looking for it.
I think he worries about me too much. It's not like the voices have ever steered me into a sticky situation. I've told Mark about the voices but.. he doesn't seem to believe me.
The only person who does believe me is my best friend, Brendan.
Brendan has been my best friend for the longest time. I honestly can't remember how long ago I met him. It feels like we've been friends since infancy.
Brendan is seventeen, with shaggy, dark brown hair and glistening green eyes. He's very wise for his age, and Mark trusts him around me.
Bam!
The front door swung open to reveal the shaggy headed seventeen year old hovering in my doorway.
"Hey," he said, as he wrestled my into a rib-shattering hug.
"Your brother told me that you heard voices again."
I nodded and wrenched his arms off of me.
"What did it say this time?" he asked quietly.
I whispered faintly. "Run."
"What?" He couldn't hear me.
I looked up at him. "The voice saved me. If it hadn't told me to run, something would have gotten me. I would have gotten very hurt."
Brendan paused to take this in. "Well, we oughta thank the wonderful voices that saved you, eh?" He paused for a moment before continuing. "O thank you great spirits for saving fragile little Maya."
I lightly punched him the arm and laughed. "Knock it off, you a*s."
He feigned hurt, and flopped down onto my couch.
"Hey!" I said, raising my voice. "Get your muddy shoes off of my couch! I just cleaned that!"
He flipped his feet up in the air, tossing his shoes. I dove to catch them before they hit the newly vacuumed rug.
I set his shoes by the door, and I turned at him. "You just got here, and you are already making a mess."
He smiled. "But I didn't make a mess Maya. I promise!" He lifted his feet up off the couch where his shoes previously were.
The couch was spotless, unlike his dirt-caked shoes lying by the door. I squinted at him and the couch.
"I don't understand how you don't make a mess every single time you do that."
He grinned at me and pulled my down into his arms. He leaned against my neck and brushed against my ear. "But aren't you glad that you don't have to clean it again? I always make sure to clean up after myself.." he whispered seductively.
I shuddered and leaned my head back. His lips brushed across my jawline, peppering electric tingles as he goes along. He trailed along my jaw to my lips, where he gently grasped my bottom lip between his teeth. He grazed his tongue on my lip.
He kissed me, with his deep, dark passion. He held me tighter, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His kisses are always pure electricity. Each time he tongues my lips, he gains entrance to my mouth, where we dance and battle for dominance.
I grip his hair and try to pull myself closer, but he lets me go.
"Gotta jet. Love you, angel."


© 2013 ArebiIsNotOnFire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like the new character you've introduced here. It's also quite nice how you've teased us with a bit of steamy-ness at the end before snatching it away :p. As I said in my other review, I am really intrigued to know more about Maya. Who she is, what is her life like and most importantly, why can she hear voices?!
Looking forward to the next installment! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like the new character you've introduced here. It's also quite nice how you've teased us with a bit of steamy-ness at the end before snatching it away :p. As I said in my other review, I am really intrigued to know more about Maya. Who she is, what is her life like and most importantly, why can she hear voices?!
Looking forward to the next installment! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2013
Last Updated on February 26, 2013
Tags: fantasy, guardian, angel, guardian angel, arebiisnotonfire, fiction


Author

ArebiIsNotOnFire
ArebiIsNotOnFire

Lansing, IL



About
Hiya. My name is Rebecca, and I just really needed somewhere to put all my ideas and writings. I'm more inclined to write after receiving reviews. They usually make me feel happy. I'm horrible a.. more..

Writing