Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Arienas
"

A new Look

"

 

The next morning when I woke up I looked at the bags, for some reason I felt scared. I had never been big on fashion, so this was new to me. I decided on a pale blue skirt and a white crop top. When I walked up to Jamie an hour later she looked at me, approving how I looked. “Perfect, don’t you think girls?” She asked the small group of girls behind her.

“”Yep, perfect.” The group replied like the mindless bunch of clones they are. Jamie and I walked to our art class.

“Hey there’s a beach party this weekend,”

“Uh ha and?”

“You’re invited,” She replied shaking her head.

“And what will I wear?” I asked looking down at my clothes.

“Togs,”

“Oh sure, but I’ve got to go buy some then, I don’t have any.”

“Sure thing, I’ll take you,” She said sitting down.

“Now class, today you will be drawing the first face that come into your mind, make three sketches, than pick the best one and hand it in.” The teacher said breaking through the talking. Jamie looked at me and rolled her eyes.

 

I started to draw, a normal male face which I don’t remember who it resembled. I tried as I could but I could not remember. Somehow every picture I drew ended up with a scar, (well more like a burn) on the right cheek. I shook my head; this wasn’t going to happen again. I started to draw the last picture, I shaded the features, adding tone, and a tiny bit of colour, and somehow, I don’t know, a burn turned up again, covering the right cheek. How was this possible?

“Times up.” The teacher yelled. I sighed standing up, blowing out at long breath, walking up to the teacher’s desk I saw Zanes picture. It was a girl, a teenager. Her eyes looked full of secrets, yet hurting. Her face pained from keeping things bottled up, I looked away, but I had to look back, the picture was compelling. As I looked at it again I realised that the girl, in the picture was me. I placed my picture on top of it and walked away. The bell went as I walked back to my desk.

 

The rest of the day was blurred, as what seemed to be my normal state of affairs at school, but this day all I could think about was that picture. Why was it of me? Why had he drawn it? Why did I care? Why was I so worried? Jamie walked up to me.

“You ready

“Sure,” I replied feigning a smile. As we walked down town Jamie was telling me all about who was going to be at the party, and what she was wearing, the longer subject was the latter of the two. As we walked into the shop Jamie grabbed a handful of bikinis to try on, she tried them against her body then mine. We decided on three that I would buy, a gold beaded one, a sky blue sequined one and a blood red ribboned one, and three different pairs of board shorts, each going with a certain pair of bikini’s. I decided to wear the blood red bikini to the part, with black board shorts my white crop top and thongs.

“You are going to look so hot.” She said to me as we walked down the main street.

“Sure.” I replied, looking around the street.

 

An hour later I was just outside the door of my house, when I walked inside I placed the bags on the bench, noticing a letter addressed to me, it was in Dad’s hand writing.

 

Sweetheart,

I have been under a lot of stress,

I need to have time to myself, so

I have gone back to the old

Farmhouse, I will return when I

Am feeling better. Don’t try and

Get me to come home, I need this.

I have left a credit card on the bench.

You have my permission to use it.

The limit is not endless; I will put
$1000 a month in. Please use it

Wisely. I do and will always

Love you.

Love forever

Your father.

I grabbed at the credit card, feeling the cool plastic cutting into my skin, falling down against the bench, crying.



© 2008 Arienas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting...I am hooked! I think this chapter is taking the reader somewhere, and it is the deciding factor whether to keep reading or not.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Arienas
Arienas

About
I like writing ,netball, listening to music and watching and drawing Anime/ Manga. I want to hear what people think of my writing, good or bad. I hope that people will enjoy reading my work as much a.. more..

Writing
Mistake Mistake

A Poem by Arienas


War within War within

A Poem by Arienas