A tale of strange Encounter

A tale of strange Encounter

A Story by Anazi
"

Two Nigerian brothers meet some strange characters on a bus from Mississauga to Toronto

"

“It feels like the end of the world today.”

Adam echoes those words to his younger brother James.  The two young Nigerian born youths in their earlier twenties walk to the Go bus just beside the large indigo bookstore annexing the Square one mall.

“I did not know there was a feeling to describe the end of the world” James replies back as he mocks his older brother.

Within twenty minutes of walking, the two brother finally get to the Go-bus station. Early that day, they had been with their mother at her hotel; each year she has always made sure to visit her sons from the home country during the summer. But this year, she had delayed her travel plans for business reasons and came early autumn. But the delay did not bother the brother; they were happy to see their mother and she was happy to see her sons and prepare traditional Nigerian meals for them each day. The boys had spent a week with her at her hostel and now were heading back to downtown Toronto on a Friday evening.

“Well the sky is dull, a cold wind in the air and dried red leaves on the grounds. That just reads death to me.” Adam explains as he puts his hands in his jacket pocket to warm himself.

There were about 20 people waiting at the bus station, all had light jackets on and were either drinking coffee, talking in groups of twos and threes or on the phone. They had form a line as they see the long green go-bus arriving from the distance. Adam and James find themselves in the middle of this line.

As the bus finally arrived in front of the Go-bus terminal, Adam spots a slim tall young white couple walking from the opposite direction him and his brother had just come from. He knows Halloween is in a few weeks, but the couple seem to be in haunting mood already. From the distance, he can see the man has an Icey blonde bob, wearing a loose grey sleeve that looks like those from the medieval age and dark brown leather pants with a pair of dark brown boots. The young lady on other hand was way more interesting; she had long icy blonde wavy hair, she had a loose long light blue medieval looking gown on. Her hair were decorated with flowers. While the couple were holding each other’s hand as they approach the bus, the young lady hops as if in excitement, which drawn attention from other people on the street.

The boys show the driver their tickets and get into the bus. The front is full, so they go forward to the back. There is a long row at back of the bus, only occurred by a young dark hared woman sitting beside the window. Adam does not recall seeing her on the line, but sits beside her while James sits beside his brother.

James brings out his earphone placing them in his ears to listen to music. The bus has the bus is still loading up people, Adam takes a deep breath and turns to his side to look out the window. His eyes and that of the dark hair lady make contact, she smiles at him. He notice she has a bit Eurasian facial features.

“Hi” he says to her.

“Hello there.” She replies back.

He notices she is wearing a white long sleeves with a black monkey jacket, dark brown leather pants, and a pair of black boots while her dark hair is packed all back.

“Any nice parties going on in the downtown area tonight?” she asked.

“Oh excuse my manners, I am Elko.”

She stretches forth her right hand for a shake.

“Nice to meet you Elko, I am Adam.” He shakes back her hand. Her hand is soft and cold, not ice cold but cold for a warm blooded woman.

The odd dressed couple get in to the bus and the driver starts the engine. The trip to downtown Toronto begins. The couple moves through the bus smiling at everyone, even thou the passengers gave them what the heck are you wearing look. They go forward to the back and sit beside James.

“This is my sister and her companion, they are very new to the area” Elko tells Adam.

He looks to them to say hello. He notices the couple were very pale almost as if they was no blood in their veins. Their ears seem to be a bit pointy and very high cheek bones, both could be models for Halloween or for comic con, Adam tells himself.

“I am Alna and this is Pape” the girl says to him with a wild smile.

“I am Adam and this is my brother James.”

James gives a smile and then returns to listening to his music.

“So you are new in town, where you coming from?” Adam ask the couple.

The couple giggles at each, still holding hands and Alna replies

“Very far, far away. It is not a place known to you.”

“Don’t mind my sister, they are from way up north.” Elko echoes back.

“Oh okay, so are you all going to a costume party?” Adam ask them.

Elko laughs while the couple had an expression of shock on their face.

“No party, but is that an invitation from you?” Elko says as she runs her right hand through her hair.

Pape whispers into Alna’s ears, they both giggles, then she leans close to Adam almost touching James. A bit of her hair comes under the nose of James, he can smell her hair, but it is a smell he has no knowledge of or how to explain it. He just makes him think of sweet.

“You all look so different, it is so scary.” Alna says to him.

Wait……Huh! What do you mean?” he replies back in a statement of confusion.

“Back home, there is only a single form of appearance. But down here there is multiple even with your lower caste.” She replies back

“Single form of appearance? Lower caste? What are you talking about?”

Elko places her right palm on her forehead as if she is having headache.

“This is why I only come here by myself” she whispers, then speaks in an unfamiliar language to her sister.

“Your lower species is what I was referring to. Animals are what you call them.” Alna says to Adam.

“Your skin tone is like the truck of trees. The woman sitting in front, her skin is like that of cream. I have people with the body of the sun and moon, even as dark as night and clear as day. Some almost red like apples.”

“Driver!” Elko yells out loud.

The bus quickly stops, she then turns to face Adam, smiles and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

“We have to go now” she softly shouts to the couple. They all stand up and begin to walk to the front of the bus. Both Adam and James stare at the three folk moving through the walkway on the bus. The other passengers are in a state of confusion.

Elko speaks to the driver when she reaches the front. He then opens the door for her and her entourage. They make it out of the bus; Adam sees from the window the surrounding area is nothing but bushes.

“Where are they heading to?” he ask his brother, who is now staring out of the window too.

Alna and Pape still holding hands, continue to giggle among each other as Alna hops and dances. The two are led by Elko, they walk to a bush beside the road; the couple walk into the bush and phrase into nothing. Elko turns back seeing the boys with their heads out of the window staring at her. She smiles then looks up into the sky, walks towards the bush and phrase away. Adam looks up in to the sky, the dull empty grey sky has an object that looks like a star in it. But as he continues to look, he sees it begins to move in a manner of intelligence. It sails away in the evening sky. James looks to his brother.

“So where they spirits, mutants or damn me if I say ALIEN.”  

© 2015 Anazi


Author's Note

Anazi
What do you think of the subject matter/plot?
Also i wrote this story in a rush, so there might be some grammar errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on October 22, 2015
Last Updated on October 22, 2015
Tags: Aliens, Toronto, Canada, Nigeria

Author

Anazi
Anazi

Toronto, ON, Canada



About
25 years old male here. Used writing as an escape from reality as a teenage, but now it is an hobby. My stories are influenced by my life experiences, friends, society and my love for sci fi and horro.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Anazi


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Anazi


What if? What if?

A Book by Anazi