Ritornare

Ritornare

A Story by Willette Mitchell
"

Inspired by Ludovico Einaudi when I listen to this, the image of rain in the middle of a forest came to me, but as the music continues to play, more and more images began to flow in front of my eyes.

"

Ritornare

It was already reaching noon this summer’s day but the thick rain clouds covered the skies, casting down a soothing shower over the forest. Even though the shower was not heavy, every single drop echoed among the trees. The leaves on the trees and on the ground rattled when hit by water and mushrooms pounded on like drums. The forest birds, who continued to fly from branch to branch, sang their songs, acting like the woodwinds, leaves and mushrooms playing the part of percussion, along with the occasional sound of thunder.

Everything working together to combine an orchestra of the forest, sending comforting tunes throughout the woods and also easing the minds of those who lived in the Timberland Village. It was silent in the village, save the occasional bark of a dog or the scream of a nearby fox, and the relaxing melodies were strong enough to put the hyperactive children to sit at their windows and listen to what the forest is saying. Eventually they will fall prey to the spell and sleep.

There was, however, one man roaming the woods at this very moment. Wearing nothing more than black boots, pants and a blue tunic now socked from the rain. His auburn hair hanging in his face as he stared down at his feet  as he slowly walked along the trails of the woods not even bothered by the rain, in fact he hardly even noticed. His mind was elsewhere, clouded with thoughts and feelings he has never experienced himself.

‘I don’t know what to do…I don’t know what to say to her…But I do know that I can no longer hold these feelings for her any longer. If only I knew where she was, I could no longer have to burden myself with these heavy feelings!’

He stopped, raised his face toward the sky letting the rain hit his face and slowly flow down his cheeks and seep into his tunic. Every single drop felt like it was adding more and more loads of emotion onto his shoulders until his legs began to shake.

‘…Angelique…I love you.’

© 2014 Willette Mitchell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It needed something more! you needed to write more about his feelings!

Posted 3 Years Ago


May I ask why you held back, I liked it but i felt you wearing holding your cards too close.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2014
Last Updated on June 1, 2014
Tags: Ritornare, nature, music, love

Author

Willette Mitchell
Willette Mitchell

Holland, MI



About
I'm a 20 year old Black woman with a love for Fantasy, Romance and Supernatural. When reading my work please just don't focus on the grammar mistakes, I know those exist and will fix them in my free t.. more..

Writing