End of Days

End of Days

A Poem by Aria

Sing until the lilt in your voice matches the guilt of your choice and then take a bow for the crowd, breaking your vow. 
Aren't you so proud? 
Now pound for pound we hit the ground without a sound and all you had to do was stay. Stay as I pray for air while you dare to stare. Stare as I bare my all but you won't fall. 
Not when you run and hide from my sun and tide. Not when I wait and see if your hate will love me.

© 2016 Aria


Author's Note

Aria
I wrote this a while back, sort of knowing my relationship would end. It did. And it's been as though my world has been slowly burning away because I truly believed in us. Ah well. Such is life, no?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read it maybe three times before it hit me. It's good, and strong and meaningful. Keep exploring and writing. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Aria

7 Years Ago

thank you so much :)
Great usage of rhythm and flow with the narrative stream of consciousness. Solid usage of brevity to deliver the poignant despondent message.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Aria

7 Years Ago

thank you so much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 28, 2016
Last Updated on July 28, 2016

Author

Aria
Aria

Gurnee, IL



About
I don't do well with talking about myself so I will simply say that my writing sets the stage for my imagination to play. But more than that, every piece I write, whether a poem or novel, is a bit of .. more..

Writing
Veritas Veritas

A Poem by Aria


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Aria


A Thing A Thing

A Poem by Aria