Chapter 1- Don't

Chapter 1- Don't

A Chapter by Aria

 

 

 

Chapter 1

Don't  

 

 

     Tired and aching all over from the battle, and now, the chase, he called her one more time and this time, she stopped.  But, she didn't turn to face him yet. The woman he had searched for so long.  He only saw the back of her. It didn't matter to him, not to Seth. They were in the middle of a quiet, empty cobble-stone street, like the ones they had in London when they first met. Back then. There were a few trees and a couple of cars parked on either side and nothing...nothing but space between them. He could see her red curls floating in the wind and then landing down to the middle of her back, her hands hugging herself. Her hair began to friz as they both felt the storm about to begin.

        

       His movement was slow from the pain, but still, almost cautious. Taking one step at a time, closing the several yards that kept him from her. He stopped though. What if it wasn't her.What if she kept away from him because she really didn't know him, love him. He thought maybe...just maybe. No. Not a chance. Not after last night and especially not after this morning. 

      

       As if he wasn't freezing enough, the Fates decided to throw a little rain, in Boston, in January. The temperature dropped and he saw her shudder although he couldn't figure out why. She was wearing a long, black coat lined with wool, and Seth? He was wearing ripped jeans and a white sleeveless shirt. The coat she's wearing, by the way, belongs to Seth. He gave it to her this morning as she left his apartment. She had come to him the night before, pale and terrified. He doesn't know how she remembered his place. He had taken her there only once before, weeks ago.

     

       As he remembered that moment, he closed his eyes and ran his scraped fingers through his shaggy black hair. He hadn't cut it in months and his bangs now passed his eyes and the back of his hair was passed the nape of his neck where one of his tattoos was. His face was black and purple and the grey of his eyes were almost silver tonight. The street light on this particular street did a good job of showcasing his sweat, bruises and blood. His blood and the blood of the man she loves, Jordan. Seth wouldn't dare kill the poor b*****d of course, although if you ask me, he should have. But he did pommel him down to the ground. I mean, what would you do if you had a group of guys coming at you with baseball bats and a 45 Magnum held by Amelia's little lover boy?

         

       He opened his eyes and exhaled a frosted breath. He didn't realize the pain in his side until he let out his breath. Seth still took another step and called her name. Amelia finally turned her head to the sound of his voice and left it there. Her hair, swaying, covering her face and eyes. It began to frame her face as the rain began to fall a steady fall. 

      

        Seth finally spoke to her. His voice was weak and cracked at certain words. I don't know why. Maybe it was the broken ribs or maybe it was because he wanted to hold her. Either way, she heard him because she turned her head back. And either way, Seth Lohren had tears in his eyes.

       

         "I know you don't remember me....I know. But I remember you. I've waited 400 years to find you and I would wait 400...more if it only... only meant that you would remember me..Any part of me..of us. I won't walk away from this. I can't." The only sound, other than the pounding of his heart was of the thunder, the cars passing by a few blocks away and his boots splashing against the water below. He was now a foot or two away from her and he stopped. I don't know why he stopped and he doesn't either. But he did. And he hated it. He closed his eyes again as the rain fell to his face, washing it. It hurt like hell and he was colder now but, at least if she ever turned around to face him, she wouldn't see him covered in blood.

   

         His voice was calm now. Not very loud, but she could hear him, he knew she could hear him. "I know you're afraid and you have every reason to be. But, you don't have to be afraid of me, not me, Amelia. Not when I-" Something cut off Seth's voice. He didn't know what it was at first but it repeated itself.

    

        "Don't." It was Amelia. He had expected this sort of reaction from her but not after this morning.

  "Please....just don't." And as the last words slipped from her wet lips, she walked away, fast. Seth just stood there, nauseated. He was freezing but not on the inside. Inside of him was fire. He was being eaten alive at the very sight of her walking away from him. His head lowered, closing his eyes.as he ran his fingers through his hair again, letting them linger for a moment. And as luck would have it for our Seth Lohren, it was at that moment that Amelia Ashwood turned to face him, tears streaming down her face out of her brown eyes.

 

 

          

 

 

 

Copyright ©2008 Anorin Arssinous



© 2008 Aria


Author's Note

Aria
Just a short story, not finished yet though. The only thing is that I wrote this, it was longer, but I somehow managed to lose it all and I ended up rewriting from memory, and my memory sucks. So, just so you know. Enjoy and please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I did enjoy this. Great quality in your writing, and I love your descriptions. The flow is nice and I felt hooked while reading it. Seth seems so huggable, I wish I could hug him! Great job with this!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AWWWWWWWWWW! I wish I had a man who would wait four hundred years for me. He sounds so sweet. Don't let Amelia have him, I want him. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2008
Last Updated on August 21, 2008


Author

Aria
Aria

Gurnee, IL



About
I don't do well with talking about myself so I will simply say that my writing sets the stage for my imagination to play. But more than that, every piece I write, whether a poem or novel, is a bit of .. more..

Writing
Veritas Veritas

A Poem by Aria


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Aria


A Thing A Thing

A Poem by Aria



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5