Chapter 7-The Life Before Them

Chapter 7-The Life Before Them

A Chapter by Aria

Chapter 7

The Life Before Them

 

        Amelia had fallen asleep faster than she thought she would have. A lot of things had happened differently from how she thought they would have. But they happened, just as this happened tonight.

 

         Gently breathing, in and out, her room slowly filled with her air. Some curls had fallen to her eyes as the rest were covering most of the white pillow. The eyes behind her lids were moving fast and she was dreaming, frantically. Her body twisting from one position to the next, staying still only long enough to writhe again. From the hallway, you could hear the screams echoing from her mind and the banging begin. You could hear footsteps reaching her bedroom, softening as they neared her.

 

      Amelia's blanket had begun to uncover her, but it wasn't because of her movements. The weight of someone climbing onto her was enough to make her lay still for a second. Lay still and open her eyes. Amelia couldn't breathe anymore. The more she tried to move, the less air she could take in. She opened her mouth to scream but only heard more banging through the hallway. Only saw what she always did in the dark. Saw his hands run up her chest and to her neck, holding on tight, smiling at the sight of her. The cold from his grip burning her skin.

 

        The face met with hers and Amelia turned away as many times as she could, trying to avoid the mouth coming for hers, the strands of its hair falling to her eyes. Their legs were tangled together, and the harder she tried to break free the heavier the weight became almost matching the strength of the wind outside as it screeched against her windows. And, the regret of not letting Seth come in was laughing at her now, creeping inside of her heart.

 

          The whispers trickling from his lips to hers were deafening. The kisses, slow and hard and cold. His body was against hers, aching to feel whatever warmth Amelia's body had left. Waiting for her to give it and before long, there were two of them. Amelia let a scream out even though she knew it would make no sound. She saw the other one coming at her and closed her eyes. They closed from fear mostly, but at this point, she thought she had breathed her last breath for the night. A good thing, she thought. At least she wouldn't feel both of them. She never knew how she managed to make it out with one. The thought of one more didn't want to enter her mind.

 

      The other one grabbed on to her, trying to hold her down. Trying to stop her struggles. She struggled, sure. But she never fought back. Maybe it was because she couldn't. Maybe it was because she knew better not to. Not to fight this. One took her from behind, never letting go of his grip of her neck. The cold breathing spilling on the back of her head seeping through her entire body, still twisting and moving. Going nowhere. All the while the other whispered words in her ear she couldn't understand. Feeling his hot touch on her face and arms, pulling her away from the first one.

 

      There was a moment where Amelia's eyes dared themselves to see the life before them. In that moment, through the water filling inside them, the eyes saw something else. Another non-existent face in the dark. There was another one, coming in to her room. Slowly, letting the sight of him feed her. This one, this one gave Amelia's scream a sound.

 

    

               

 

 

 

 Copyright ©2008 Anorin Arssinous



© 2008 Aria


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it was great. I try mot to review anything unless I can say good things about it and I have no problem doing that with this chapter. I only read the chapter and I already know your a good writer i'm really looking forward to reading anything else you have written. Seriously I've read like twenty-five stories/books on this site and have only reviewed maybe five of them because I didn't want to be mean or stop anyone from writing or something, but I don't have to filter anything i'm saying about your chapter because it is seriously one of the best things I've read not only in this website but like out of all the books i've read, and I really like to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. This is a twist. Here I was thinking Amelia was kind of a silly little girl that just ran away from everything. I'm starting to see a general theme in your stories, and I really like it. Immortality, really wierd demon things attacking. Right, so maybe they aren't that in this story, but that is my immediate impression. Either a really bad nightmare, or something similar to the demons in Providence.

I really like this so far. The pieces don't fit together quite as nicely as I'd like, but my brain is starting to catch up! I'll be finishing all of this probably tonight.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it was great. I try mot to review anything unless I can say good things about it and I have no problem doing that with this chapter. I only read the chapter and I already know your a good writer i'm really looking forward to reading anything else you have written. Seriously I've read like twenty-five stories/books on this site and have only reviewed maybe five of them because I didn't want to be mean or stop anyone from writing or something, but I don't have to filter anything i'm saying about your chapter because it is seriously one of the best things I've read not only in this website but like out of all the books i've read, and I really like to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2008
Last Updated on August 29, 2008


Author

Aria
Aria

Gurnee, IL



About
I don't do well with talking about myself so I will simply say that my writing sets the stage for my imagination to play. But more than that, every piece I write, whether a poem or novel, is a bit of .. more..

Writing
Veritas Veritas

A Poem by Aria


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Aria


A Thing A Thing

A Poem by Aria