Chapter 9- Pieces

Chapter 9- Pieces

A Chapter by Aria

Chapter 9

 Pieces

 

 

 

       The morning came slow and beautiful. Its glow seeping through the drapes in the windows. Seth woke up just before 10 a.m but didn't feel Amelia beside him anymore. She was standing across the bed, leaning against the wall, looking out the space between the window and the drapes. Seth went up toward her when he stopped, mainly out of surprise. But, mainly because he didn't know what to say.

 

 

     "What's your name?" Her eyes never locked on his. She just continued to stare out to the street.

 

          Even with the warmth of the sun softly creeping through the drapes, Seth felt cold. What made her think of that question? Why would she think he had another name? I mean, he does, but how was she to know? Is she testing him, does she remember him now? She knew what he was now. She had to, didn't she? She had to know herself, right? Rubbing the sleep from his face, Seth walked closer toward everything he has been waiting for and answered.

 

     "I can't tell you that" She turned to look at him as though those words were a magnet, forcing her movements toward them. 

 

   "Can't tell me? You can't tell me that but you can tell me everything else. Do everything else, but you... you can't tell me your name!?" With every word spoken, tears were readying themselves inside of Amelia's eyes, waiting to fall. And with every word, her voice grew louder and strained as she walked towards Seth.

                 

      "You came into my life and did with it what you pleased and now, now that I ask you this one thing that could make me understand--anything and you, you can't tell me. How dare you?" Seth didn't say anything. Poor fool, he really should tell her don't you think? How much damage could a name bring? Amelia turned back around to the window, mumbling something to herself about losing Jordan and not getting married. Somehow she ended up on the side of her bed, sitting with her hands cradling her face.

 

 

   Seth stood infront of her for a second or so. He knew what it would mean if he was the one telling her his name. He had done everything he could to help her remember, but he couldn't do that. Not that. If there was going to be the slightest chance for, for anything, she'd have to remember his name on her own. Part of the whole fractured package you know.

 

   "I can't do this, Seth. It's not right." She freed her face from her hands and looked up at Seth, who at this point, had just realized what Amelia told hi, in not so many words of course. Looking down at her, he knelt and came to her level. The curls in her eyes were brushed away by his hands and her face was now cradled in them.

 

   "I have tried so hard to find you and even harder to keep you. For some reason, all I've ended up doing is letting you slip away." He had her eyes in his and never let them slip away, even when she looked down or turned her head. He kept her eyes in his.

    "Each time I fail it becomes that much more impossible for you to remember. This time I thought I was close, you know. I thought you saw me with the eyes you used to have."

 

 "What's wrong with the eyes I have now? I still see you."

 

   What Seth did next shocked even me. This was her. Maybe not in the flesh, but her mind, heart and soul were all...her. If there was ever a life that she resembled her old body, this was it. Tall, curvy, innocent. And the hair, everything just seemed as though she was back in her old bag of bones. But, it had been 400 years since she died for the first time and 400 years since they first met. All it took was one day, one moment and that was it. They fell, hard. Too bad nobody told them what exactly it was they were falling into.

 

  

    Lingering his forehead on Amelia's, Seth breathed a few breaths, breathing in Amelia's whenever he could. His mouth was closing the gap between her's. He brushed his lips against hers and waited. He could feel her heart beating and her body tremble slightly, wanting the kiss he was keeping from them both. Amelia's eyes had closed as soon as their foreheads met, so had Seth's. But he still saw her. Dying, running, crying. Barely a moment worth smiling when he was near. What was the point, he thought. Each life ending, and in each life, he was always just a moment too late. How could he stand to see her die so many times? The thoughts were side-tracked when he felt Amelia's hands on his chest. And then he remembered what this was all for. Grabbing onto her face and the back of her head a little tighter, Seth didn't wait anymore.

 

      Years of waiting came down to this moment. But he wouldn't make love to her this morning. Not this morning. Kiss her though, he did. Hard and fast and Amelia was more than happy to reciprocate. The force of his kiss eventually landed Amelia on her back and Seth on top of her, their legs intertwined. But, this is where Seth decided to, well, you'll see.

 

      The kissing softened and the passion slowed until his lips brushed away from Amelia's, until everything just stopped. He wiped the tears from his lady's cheeks while his began to make their entrance. Seth looked at her, just, looked at her.

 

    "No, please. Don't." Amelia uttered the words, more tears rushing back in place of the ones from before. Her hands held on to his shirt even tighter now. She knew what was about to happen and it was running her blood cold.

 

   His fingers traveled across the lines of her face and across her tiny lips. Seth got out of the bed, all the while feeling Amelia's grip on his shirt fall. She grabbed his arm, straining to keep him there with her, even when her hands finally slipped away. Seth put on his boots and put on his sweater and jacket, his shirt still on Amelia.

 
   “Seth-“
 
 “You’ll marry Jordan. I'll make sure of it"
 
    “What about you? Am I supposed to just live my life believing you were never here?” There was no response. “I love Jordan, but-But we were broken long before you showed up. If you’re going to leave, then leave. Just don’t it thinking it will bring him and I together again.” Amelia stood up and walked to Seth. His back was to her but she put her hands through his arms and around his chest, hugging him.
 
 “I wish I could remember you, to know who we were, how we were. But I can’t just yet. All I can do is be here with you. Here, anywhere it doesn’t matter. Just please, if you go, take me with you.”
 
     Take me with you. God, how he’d give anything to be able to do that. His hands went over hers and held on for dear life. With all the worlds existing inside of his mind, the world with her name in it, the world where they first met, it was becoming louder and brighter with each beat of his heart.
 
 
 
 
     Just turn around and take her back to the bed and make love to her. Walk out of that door and take her with you. Take us home. She’ll remember you, she will. Go somewhere where they won’t find her. Damn it just go.
 
 

     He went nowhere though. Not with her anyway. Her body felt stronger and weaker all at once. She was trying her best not to let him go but she knew she couldn’t stop him. He was damning every god he could think of and every muse and fate and angel and demon: anyone who was holding the strings to this twisted dance. The only one, though, to blame for this, all of this was Luke and that silly peasant who was foolish enough to follow him to where she was never meant to be. 

 
 
    Letting go of her hands, he walked away from herA look of shock was painted over Amelia's face. She couldn't believe he was actually going to leave. He was going to leave her there. Disappear before he did anymore damage. Jordan would marry her and keep her happy and alive. Seth knew that if he were to stay and fail -again- that she would just ended up six feet under. But, if he left....if he left, she would live. So, that is what he did. How noble, right?
 
     He heard her though, as he walked out of the room and to the front door. And even though he didn't turn around to look at her, he could see her. One hand on the wall and the other on her stomach, clenching the shirt. Tears in her eyes but not streaming down her face, not yet. He had to walk out the door first and then her eyes would shut along with the door, and the tears would leave Amelia's eyes just as Seth left her.
 
     He heard her though, as he walked out of the door, away from everything he had been waiting for.
 
 
 
 
    “Seth…. please.” The please had the beginnings of a voice crying. A voice holding on to dear life, trying not to fall to pieces.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                 

 

 

 

  Copyright ©2008 Anorin Arssinous



© 2008 Aria


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

And you're not DONE with it? You can't just leave it there! Gah.

Okay, rant is done. This is great. I love it. Not nearly as much as I love Providence, but I want to find out what happens. Great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 15, 2008
Last Updated on September 17, 2008
Previous Versions


Author

Aria
Aria

Gurnee, IL



About
I don't do well with talking about myself so I will simply say that my writing sets the stage for my imagination to play. But more than that, every piece I write, whether a poem or novel, is a bit of .. more..

Writing
Veritas Veritas

A Poem by Aria


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Aria


A Thing A Thing

A Poem by Aria