Ophelia

Ophelia

A Poem by Aria

Screaming soothes the sound

Of your heart breaking the ground

Beating for all to hear

Beating for all to sear

 

Touch of the shiny broken glass

Paints your fingertips a sweet crimson

With a taste so rare it drowns the mass

Kissing your breath as it burns the sun

 

Lighting the midnight sky

With nothing but a beautiful lie

Nothing but a shattered wing to fly

Nothing but a pure reason to die

 

Twisting and wishing for one touch

For maybe just this once it won't be too much

Won't be too far

To see every scar

 

For screaming soothes the sound

Of my heart breaking to the ground

Beating for you to hear

Beating for you to sear

 

Touch of your shiny broken glass

Paints my fingertips a sweet crimson

With a taste so rare it drowns the mass

Kissing my breath as you burn the sun

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 Aria


Author's Note

Aria
"Ophelia in Hamlet lost her mind. We all lose something every day, every second. Whether we realize it or not. It could be something precious like love or something we take for granted like time or our minds, ourselves...and yes, love as well...in all its forms. With all the good intentions we have, or want to have, we have to remember that we are broken. Not as individuals but as a whole. Broken pieces wandering waywardly in the fields trying desperately to fit into another shard passing by if even for a moment. This imperfect tragedy doesn't and shouldn't make us hopeless or pathetic or lost. Instead it should make us hopeful and strong and on track because despite all the chaos, we are still flying through the air touching one another, feeling one another, despite the jagged edges...because of the jagged edges. Now does this apply to me? of course. But, the jagged edges I want to touch are douced with acid...it's then that you have to ask yourself, is it worth it? Is the agony worth one fleeting moment of peace? The answer to that is rather frightening. Because...because though the unsoothable pain brings unforgettable bliss...god damn, at the end, you can't remember one without the other....or is it that you can't have one with out the other?Or something even more wretched…you won’t have one without the other. What does that say about us? That one tiny alteration in words impacts the meaning of the entire sentence. Won’t. Some say it’s better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all. Others would rather be spared the pain of loss and lies even though it would mean not having love. But maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe it’s the worst thing. Or maybe, it’s simply nothing….for what good is love if there’s no one to feel it with you….because of you?" Devi Paladin. (a character in one of my stories.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ophelia is definitely one of the more memorable characters in Lit, even though she really didn't play a big part in Hamlet.

In some ways, perhaps, it's because she's emblematic of how Man's conquests of his delusions, fears, and obsessions destroys the feminine.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

overshadowing ones agony with an action. Nice read here with a good repeat in the phrase being stated. A very good way of spinning broken glass with crimson finger tips to burning sun. A taste from cut fingers to tasting or putting the finger tips to mouth for there's the taste its own taste but this i may be way off as always keep writing fellow writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is a lovely piece.
Is it planned like a song?
The repetition of the first two stanza may be reconsidered.
Added to favorite and reading lists.

Posted 11 Years Ago


thanks for reading and you make a very interesting point.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Ophelia is definitely one of the more memorable characters in Lit, even though she really didn't play a big part in Hamlet.

In some ways, perhaps, it's because she's emblematic of how Man's conquests of his delusions, fears, and obsessions destroys the feminine.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 29, 2012
Last Updated on April 30, 2012

Author

Aria
Aria

Gurnee, IL



About
I don't do well with talking about myself so I will simply say that my writing sets the stage for my imagination to play. But more than that, every piece I write, whether a poem or novel, is a bit of .. more..

Writing
Veritas Veritas

A Poem by Aria


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by Aria


A Thing A Thing

A Poem by Aria