Bathed in sins

Bathed in sins

A Poem by ArieannexAntithetic
"

This is a poem about how love grows like a flower, when broken is easily fixed.

"

Running down the pathway of a broken life,

You see her sitting carelessly,

Drunk and falling through the holes of fear and abuse.

She has only known herself as a snake,

Vile and repulsive, but you see the light in her heart.

She does not like who she has become,

Hateful and abusive to herself.

All she has seen is abuse and neglect, so it is her norm.

She lets you see through her, with trust because you do not torment her.

You see a broken girl with a beautiful core.

You lift her spirits,

Take her head out of the clouds.

She has seen eyes of vulgar men,

Who just raped her and threw her to the ground.

She sees your eyes and falls in love,

A shimmer of hope and healing in them.

Her heart lets go,

Emotions pouring out of her mind like blood from her wrist on a Saturday night.

Her breath reeks of alcohol and pills, but you softly kiss her anyways.

You hold her hand as together,

You walk through the tunnels of healing.

You help avoid obstacles, and help her up when she is caught in one.

Addiction becomes no problem anymore with her heart of gold,

Painted over black by herself and her past hatred of her life.

You finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and you hear a voice,

It comes from her heart.

It says, "This is love", and you know she feels it.

It is time to jump into the light and leave the broken world behind you,

Knwing love, and the strong voice in your head telling the truth,

Hope is real.

 

© 2008 ArieannexAntithetic


Author's Note

ArieannexAntithetic
Boring?
Or hopeful?
Describe it :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I admit to having a wee bit of a difficult time in accepting her ability to trust again, but that is probably because I am a miserable work at best and personally lack that kind of trust these days.

It is by no means boring. There is not "too" much to it. It does not drag itself out unnecessarily, and it leads you to the verge of that point where you just want to slam your fist down on the desk about how the world can be so cruel at times.

Yes, it is hopeful. For somebody that has been tossed about, abused, and then used even more; it shows that there is always a chance that somebody may see past what you have done, what has been done to you, and all that experience mess to see that buried beneath all of that there is a smile waiting to be shared.

I do not want this to appear as a mixed review. While I have mixed feelings on hope as such, I do not have mixed feelings on this work. I liked the turning point where it was actually up to her to heal, that she had to accept the possibility. It was not about somebody saving her, but about her allowing somebody to save her. I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Not boring at all! I don't know how to describe it! Words just can't describe. I started reading it slowly inhope to fully understand it because I never understand poetry. This was just amazing! I made me feel sad. I giggled at the fact that I was becoming so emotional at just a poem. I can't believe it. It's amazing! Keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


There is nothing wrong with having hope. If there is a will there is a way. Excellent write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hopeful. It gives a picture of one life that has been torn to pieces and the person/being who lifts it out into love. She has had her heart ripped apart and her life torn to pieces only for this new "you" to heal it all and bring her back together. Whether this "you" is a new love in her life or God it's a hopeful piece with a gentle ending (that contrasts well with the sharp words of her biography before it).

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's a hopeful poem. A sad yet understandable poem that shows the life of someone tossed around and jerked. Nicely done!
-Twilight

Posted 15 Years Ago


oooo this is a beautiful piece!!!! it hold and creates emotion with every word! i think this will be in my favorite not only to the fact it is written beautifully but what its exactly about cuz i have experienced so much of what this talks about but you nicely layer and mix both emotions together and you prove what is more powerful and what always wins wether it be the love you speak of or any other love life is f****n beautiful its just people that suck! its never to much to stop and smell the roses high five i love it!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


hopeful!.....also....awesome ari....so proud of you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is truly beautiful. Your mind speaks for itself. You find the troubles of a woman's life and work with it on how most woman are treated in the modern society. I applaud you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

definately hopefull. this poem hits hard for me. thank you for writing it.

it's not overly metaphoric which was actually kind of nice. it was a straightforward telling of the pain and hurt that envelops and tortures so many people.

the snake and tunnel metaphors were great. really drew me in and yes the end did give me a sense of hope.

you write this as if you have experience. if so then you express it very well.

thank you for this poetic hug.

Posted 15 Years Ago


YOUR WRITING SKILLS ARE VERY PROMISING THIS POEM IS VERY INTRUIGING. I REALLY THINK THAT THIS IS DESCRIPTIVE AND SHOWS WHAT LIES BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I admit to having a wee bit of a difficult time in accepting her ability to trust again, but that is probably because I am a miserable work at best and personally lack that kind of trust these days.

It is by no means boring. There is not "too" much to it. It does not drag itself out unnecessarily, and it leads you to the verge of that point where you just want to slam your fist down on the desk about how the world can be so cruel at times.

Yes, it is hopeful. For somebody that has been tossed about, abused, and then used even more; it shows that there is always a chance that somebody may see past what you have done, what has been done to you, and all that experience mess to see that buried beneath all of that there is a smile waiting to be shared.

I do not want this to appear as a mixed review. While I have mixed feelings on hope as such, I do not have mixed feelings on this work. I liked the turning point where it was actually up to her to heal, that she had to accept the possibility. It was not about somebody saving her, but about her allowing somebody to save her. I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2008

Author

ArieannexAntithetic
ArieannexAntithetic

Never Never Land, IL



About
Advanced Global Personality Test Results Extraversion |||||||||||||| 58% Stability || 10% Orderliness |||||| 30% Accommodation |||||||||||||||||||| 86% Interdependence |||||||||| 36% .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..