The Promise

The Promise

A Chapter by Arjunan Kumar

Is Love Destined?

                                                          - Arjunan Kumar

 

                                          CHAPTER - 4

 

The Promise :

 

Before slipping into my dream dimension, I reviewed the last two magical weeks. Krithiksha and I started spending time together a lot. Though we noticed a spark between us, we ignored that.

 

**Good night Aju**, Krithiksha’s message popped up.I don’t know why, but whenever I hear her voice or receive a message from her, there’s an unknown joy in my heart. The way she flips her hair catches me off guard and makes my heart beseech for her. I love the way she ties her hair bun, it’s a easy way to take my breath away. And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than stars. Her eyes speaks a lot more than her words. I kept thinking about her and slowly slipped into my sleep.

 

I must have gone only a half way into my sleep when I heard voices around me. I sensed someone was under my bed. Without even a second thought I ran to the door. Suddenly someone grabbed me. The lights were turned on. I saw my squad crawling out from under the bed. And the soft hand grabbing me belonged to Krithiksha.

 

“Happy birthday arjun”, everyone shouted. Damn, I totally forgot about my birthday. They took me to the terrace where they have erected a big screen with the photos holding the memories of us. After the party session, we all planned to sleep in the terrace.

 

“Guys thanks for the surprise. This is my best birthday ever…”

 

“Hold on aju, this was all Krithiksha’s plan. Go and thank her”, jenny replied.        

 

I saw krithiksha on a corner of terrace, gazing the moon. I sat next to her.

 

“Hey krithi, thanks for the surpri….”, her eyes were filled with tears. “wait krithi, what happened”.

 

“Aju, everytime I trust , love a person, they bail out on me when I need them the most. I have seen enough in my past. And now, I trust you, more than anyone in my life. I fear that what will happen if you too leave my life. Or if you fall in love with a girl, you may avoid me , because all your concentration will be on her. I’m just overthinking aju. I can’t lose someone I love again. Promise me, that you won’t leave me. Please”.

 

“ Hey krithi, I’m going nowhere. I’m here with you. And I will be. To be honest, as long as you are with me, my heart belongs to you. I promise, I won’t leave you.”

 

“But aju what if…”

 

“Hey idiot, I knew you are intellectual, just review what I said, connect the dots and go to sleep”.

 

She just stared at me. She understood what just happened.

 

“Aju, are you serious..”

 

“yes krithi, I’m”.

 

“Aju, you know I had a past…”

 

“Yes I knew you had a past and I don’t care about that. I may not be your first love, but I will be your last and forever. Krithi, When I saw you for the first time , I noticed your bright appearance, but then I got to know your beautiful soul , and I understood that you are the one. You are a Diamond in a world of graphite. I start my day with you on my mind and end my day with you in my dreams. You are the girl a man should never let go off. I want to get lost in your eyes today, tomorrow and forever”.

 

After a pause, I continued, “ okay it’s past 2, we should go to sleep. Just think about what I just said and say your answer tomorrow, Good night”.

 

I woke up around 10 in the morning. My parents informed me that the girls took off early. My phone rang , it was from krithiksha.

 

“Arjun, I wanna discuss something with you. Meet me at starbucks across my street @5”.

 

 

***********************************************************

 

   --- Hey guys, please drop your feedback and keep supporting…….  Will meet you guys soon with another chapter.

 

Thanks for your Support for the Previous Chapter guys . XOXO.

                               

               - Arjunan Kumar  

 

 

 

 

 

 

      

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          

              

 

 

 

 



© 2020 Arjunan Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on May 31, 2020
Last Updated on May 31, 2020
Tags: love, romance, relationship, teenage love, modern love, modern relationship, soulmates, destined love, romeo


Author

Arjunan Kumar
Arjunan Kumar

chennai, India



About
finding peace through Writing...... more..

Writing