The Longing

The Longing

A Chapter by Arjunan Kumar

Is Love Destined?

                                  - Arjunan Kumar

 

CHAPTER - 9

 

“ I longed for her, the way wolves long for the moon ”

 

The Longing :

 

Everything was prepared. I waited patiently for his arrival.

 

“Do you have him? over”, I asked jenny over walkie-talkie.

 

“Yes, he is with me. Coming to the location shortly, over”. Jenny brought him inside. I quickly grabbed him and thrown him into the bathtub.

 

“Haha, you can’t escape today butterscotch”, jenny made sure he can’t jump out of bathtub. Finally, we made him to take bath after many failed attempts.

 

Jennifer and I killed our time together in lockdown. We play video games and watch netflix all the day. Krithiksha used to skype me at night as she was surrounded by her parents during the day time. She was so happy that her father started spending a lot of time with her. I missed those days we spent in each other’s arms. I longed for her fragrance, her touch, her kiss, everything about her.

 

Everything was going perfect, until a day…….

 

I found jenny having a conversation with my dad on the terrace.

 

“Hey guys, do you mind if I join?”, I entered into their chit-chat.

 

“Well well, the romeo is here. Aren’t you supposed to be skype-ing with krithi?”, my dad teased me.

 

“Papa, it’s been a week since krithi called him”, jenny replied.

 

“What happened son? Any misunderstanding?”

 

“I don’t know dad. I tried calling her. But every time she reply me with, ‘I’m in middle of something, will call you back soon’ ”

 

“come on, don’t do that long face. She maybe busy with her work. Give her some time. And jenny, I noticed that you have gained some pounds”

 

“Yeah papa. I should start my diet”, she looked at her tummy.

 

“see your friend, he is in control”

 

“He burned his calories with the help of krithi” she pouted her lips and teased me, “ don’t compare him with me papa. I’m single”

 

 “Yuck, I don’t wanna hear this anymore. you guys carry on, it’s my bed time. Good night”, my dad took off.

 

“Aju, do you remember the first time we got drunk?”, jenny asked.

 

“yeah, we throw up on each other, kicked out by securities, and escaped from traffic police. Man, that day was crazy to the core”, we both laughed our hearts out.

 

“Aju, I don’t care if she talks to you or not. But whenever you are with me, I want my friend to be happy like this” she patted on my back and went downstairs.

 

In the past 7 days, she never returned my call and rarely replied to my texts. I never thought krithi would do this to me. I barely slept in night, waiting for her call. To be honest, I can’t accept her change. Every time there’s a notification in my mobile, I hoped that it was from her.

 

One fine evening, finally I got a message from krithiksha.

 

**Aju, my dad was diagnosed with grade-4 brain tumor. Things are out of hands here. I wanna talk to you now. Call me ASAP**   

 

***********************************************************

 

   --- Hey guys, please drop your feedback and keep supporting…….  Will meet you guys soon with another chapter.

 

Thanks for your Support for the Previous Chapter guys . XOXO.

                               

               - Arjunan Kumar  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2020 Arjunan Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on June 13, 2020
Last Updated on June 13, 2020
Tags: love, romance, relationship, teenage love, modern love, modern relationship, soulmates, destined love, romeo, complicated relationship, breakup, patchup, 2020, 2025


Author

Arjunan Kumar
Arjunan Kumar

chennai, India



About
finding peace through Writing...... more..

Writing