The interminable night

The interminable night

A Chapter by Arjunan Kumar

Is Love Destined?

                                             - Arjunan Kumar

CHAPTER - 12

“ In my dreams, we are still a beautiful possibility ”

The interminable night :

Krithi dragged me to her cabin.

“You are arjun right? Nice to meet you”, the young man, who accompanied her, greeted me. I recognized him. He’s a cousin of krithi.

“Okay sissy. Meet you tomorrow at Hyderabad. Have a great night”. Her cousin took off.

There prevailed an awkward silence between us. She constantly looked at the floor, her hands were shivering. I started scrutinizing her. She still had the Butterfly pendant I gave her.

“Madam, anything to drink?”, the bartender broke the silence.

“A gin martin up with a twist. For you aju?”, krithi turned towards me.

“Just make it as two. Thank you”. After a pause, I made the first move, “So krithi, how’s your life?”.

“Fine aju. I’m working at the Times magazine and just got promoted as the Editor in chief for the Hyderabad branch. I should report to duty from tomorrow”

“Wow, congratulations krithi. So leaving to Hyderabad ah? Morning?”

“Yeah, flight at 8am”. We finished our drinks and prepared to take off.

“Aju, would you mind giving me a ride home?”

“With pleasure”. We had to walk down the street to reach our car. It was a chilly night and krithi started shivering. I removed my jacket and put it on her to make her comfortable.

“You were receiving your 1st award as an entrepreneur tomorrow, right? at the Leela palace?”, she amused me with her question.

“Hold on. How you know about this?”

“Aju, I’m the one who edited your success story. Remember the beautiful north Indian girl interviewed you at your apartment and also asked you for a date? She was my colleague. Actually, I’m the one supposed to interview you that day. But I skipped it to her. I’m so happy for you arjun”. We got into the car. It was past 12. The roads were deserted and It eventually started raining. “Wow, just like the last time”, I chuckled.

“Okay let’s cut to the chase. You know where I live and what I do. Yet, you haven’t contacted me. Why krithi?”

“How do you expect a person who left you halfway in your life and broke your heart to return to you? I did a terrible thing to you arjun and I’m still feeling guilty and shame on myself. And moreover I thought you moved on with your life. I just don’t want to disturb you again.”

“oh, you thought I moved on? You can’t even imagine what I have gone through because of you krithi. Depression, hatred, anger issues….God, you made my life hell. If there wasn’t jenny or my dad, I would have dead by now. You came from nowhere into my life, filled me with love, made me get addicted to you, and then just vanished into thin air. You just ripped my heart away krithi. Even you had a chance to return to me krithi, after your dad’s demise. But you didn’t. You left the country. You just left krithi. You left”, I bristled in anger.

“Aju, it wasn’t just you who suffered. I went through a lot more than you. I have lost my father and the love of my life at the same time. Just understand, I had no other choice. After my dad’s demise, I thought of contacting you. But I don’t have the courage to face you. Even if I returned to you, the love between us would not have been the same”. I pulled over the car.

“Krithi, do you remember this place?”

“How can I even forget? Five years ago, you dropped me at this place. I wish I can change that day”

“Krithi, I still remember the look you gave me before you got into your mom’s car. You clearly don’t want to leave me that day. I never stopped loving you krithi. Can we create that magic again?”, I placed my hands on her cheeks and started caressing it. She stared at me in shock for a while and swiftly got down from the car.

“Krithi, it’s raining outside. For god’s sake, get in”, but she didn’t listen to my words and started walking.

“Krithi, stop. What’s wrong with you? You’re drenching”

“This can’t happen again aju. I can’t. Please understand. I’m leaving”. I pulled her close to me.

“Then why the hell you stopped me today? Why did you enter my life again?”

“Arjun, do you know the real reason why I didn’t contact you? After my dad’s demise, I told my mom about our love and she was happy for us. But even before I can share this information to you, I was met with an accident. I lost my ability to bear a child”, Her words just hit me like a bolt of lightning.

“So, this is why you stayed away from me?”, I can barely talk, tears filled my eyes, but the rain covered it up.

“Yes, That’s the only reason I stayed away from you. You are my everything arjun. I have already made you go through a lot and I don’t want to make that worse by marrying you and not able to bear your child. Even today, I was so happy to see you. I thought you moved on with your life. But the moment you saw me with a man, your eyes showed a disappointment, a grief. That’s the moment I realized that you still haven’t moved on. Even when you tried to leave, I don’t want to stop you. But something inside me urged me to stop you and to not to lose you this time. That’s why I stopped you. Now tell me, can you marry a woman who can’t give birth to your child?”. Even without a second thought, I kissed her. It was the longest kiss we ever shared and the rain made the kiss more intimidating.

“I love you krithi. I don’t care if you can bear my child or not. I love you, I love your soul and I just need you. Just forget about every other things. This time, there is no one to stop us. I love you baby, please don’t leave me again”

“Bebo, I love you too. But I need some time. Just trust me aju, this time I won’t leave you. Just drop me home, I will meet you tomorrow”. I dropped her at her home. Before she got down from the car, I held her hands.

“Just promise me baby, that you won’t leave me again”. She took out her flight ticket from her clutch bag and throw it away.

“Pinky promise bebo, I won’t. I just need some time alone. That’s all. Please don’t fear”, she placed a kiss on my forehead and left. I drove back to my hotel while thinking about the decision she was about to make. Are we going to end up together?

***********************************************************

--- Hey guys, please drop your feedback and keep supporting……. Will meet you guys soon with another chapter.

Thanks for your Support for the Previous Chapter guys . XOXO.

- Arjunan Kumar  



© 2020 Arjunan Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on June 20, 2020
Last Updated on June 20, 2020
Tags: love, romance, relationship, teenage love, modern love, modern relationship, soulmates, destined love, romeo, complicated relationship, breakup, patchup, 2020, 2025


Author

Arjunan Kumar
Arjunan Kumar

chennai, India



About
finding peace through Writing...... more..

Writing