is Love Destined ?

is Love Destined ?

A Chapter by Arjunan Kumar

Is Love Destined?

                                                    - Arjunan Kumar

 

                                         CHAPTER - 13

 

“ A true love always finds it’s way back ”

 

Is Love Destined? :

 

     The egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blinds and awaited entrance into my eyes. Sight still in the clutches of the night’s glue, I hesitantly rubbed the dreams away. I heard birds chirping so close to me, it was my phone notification.

 

**Hey sleepy head, wake up. Gear up for your big day. Looking forward to meet you soon. XD** - Jenny   

 

I dropped a dime on jenny.

 

“Hey aju, still in bed ah?”

 

“Jenny, you won’t believe what happened last night”

 

“Wait a minute, you finally hooked up with someone?”

 

“Yawk no, it’s about krithi”, I explained her the episodes of last night.

 

“Are you sure it wasn’t a dream?”. she teased me.

 

“No, my drenched clothes were still on the floor. It’s real jenny. We are back together”

 

“Uff, it’s like a cinematic climax. Anyway, I’m so happy for you guys. Is she coming to the award ceremony?”

 

“Yeah, she is”

 

“Okay, now get your butt out of the bed and hit the shower. I’m on my way to your hotel with the tuxedo”. She hung up.

 

I shaved off my bristles , took a shower and had a quick breakfast.

 

**Door bell rings**

 

Jenny entered the room with my tuxedo, it was from peak lapel. I jumped into the tuxedo and admired myself in the mirror, ‘ well, it suits me perfectly’.

 

“Jenny, we need to pick up krithi on our way”

 

“It’s already late aju. You go to the award ceremony. I will pick her up. Do you have her number?”

 

“Nope, I forgot to ask her last night”

 

I went to the Leela palace and amused at the people gathered. All successful business men, billionaires and other budding entrepreneurs like me were present there. I recalled the days when I used to come here as an audience and imagined myself receiving an award. But today, I’m actually receiving one. I anxiously looked at the entrance for jenny and krithi’s arrival, but no sign of them. The moment arrived.   

 

“And the best entrepreneur award of 2025 goes to Mr. Arjun of Praca group of company”

 

The spotlight fell on me, I climbed the stage and looked back, for one last time, at the entrance. Yet, there’s no sign of jenny or krithi. I received the award from Mr. Uday kapoor. He was the CEO of GM group of companies and one of the first entrepreneur of India whose company made billions in less than 3 years from the incorporation. Now it’s time for my speech. A beautiful young lady handed over the mic to me. I gave a heart whelming speech addressing my father and my employees for believing in me and thanking Mr. Uday kapoor, my inspiration, for giving me this award. As soon as I got down from the stage, my dad hugged me.

 

“You made it son. I’m so proud of you”, and now the award felt nothing to me. What more do you need than making your parents proud?

 

I saw jenny standing near the door. I ran to her.

 

“ Hey aju, congratulations”. But my eyes constantly searched for krithi.

 

“Where’s krithi?”, I asked jenny.

 

“Aju, I went to her house, but no one’s there. I tried calling her, but no response. I think she left, again”. I said nothing. I handed over my award to jenny and started walking away.

 

“Aju stop, I’m coming with you”

 

“Please jenny, I need some time alone. I’m leaving. You come with papa”. I drove to the airport and bought a ticket to Chennai. I sat in the waiting lobby and closed my eyes. ‘I shouldn’t have visited the pub yesterday, I shouldn’t have stopped when she called, I shouldn’t have fell for her again’, I repeatedly cursed myself.

 

“Excuse me sir”, an Air India employee approached me, he was in a hurry. “Are you Mr. Arjun ? your flight is about to take off, please reach gate no 16”, and he just left. I took out my ticket and checked. My flight’s not gonna take off in the next 40 minutes and it was gate no 8. “is he mistaken me for someone else?”. Suddenly a message popped up. It was from Air India.

 

**Mr. Arjun your flight to Maldives is about to take off. Please reach gate no 16**

 

“What the hell? Is this a prank or something?”, though I’m not sure of anything, I ran to gate no 16 to check things by myself. I approached the gate agent near the boarding gate. I gave her my ticket and started enquiring. She stopped me in the middle and smiled.

 

“Mr. Arjun ? your wife is waiting for you inside. Have a great flight sir”. This made my head spin. ‘ wife? ‘, I boarded the flight to find out the answer. The air hostess asked me to enter the business class section. The aircraft cabin was empty. I found a small box in my seat. I sat down to examine the box. It contained a ring.

 

“Will you marry me?”, krithi whispered in my ear from behind. I was dumbstruck on seeing her. She sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around me.

 

“how did you find me here?”

 

“I know how to find my heart”, she placed her hand on my chest.

 

“Where were you? I thought you left me again”

 

“Bebo, sorry for not showing up at the award ceremony. I was busy at selecting the right ring for you and before I reach the hotel, you left. So, I contacted my friend at Air India and made these arrangements. I’m so sorry. I won’t leave you again. I won’t break my promises anymore. Will you marry me?”. She searched for her answers in my eyes, but I replied with a kiss.

 

**Please fasten your seat belts. The flight is about to take off**

 

The aircraft took off, so is our Never-ending love story. We exchanged our rings in mid-air amidst the silver-lining clouds and lost ourselves in love, FOREVER.

 

* Miracles happen when true love exists. True love finds you; it comes to you when you least expect it. It hits you hard, makes you suffer , but in the end it makes you to love yourself. Never lose hope on love, but lose yourself in love.

 

Is love destined? Yes, Love is destined.

 

 

 

Dear readers,

Here the beautiful love filled journey of Arjun and Krithiksha comes to an end. Thanks for all your supports. Will meet you guys soon with another beautiful story. Please leave feedback. Once again, thank you.                              

                                                       

                                                          - Arjunan Kumar  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2020 Arjunan Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on June 23, 2020
Last Updated on June 23, 2020
Tags: teenage love, relationship, romance, love, modern love, modern relationship, soulmates, destined love, romeo, complicated relationship, breakup, patchup, 2020, 2025


Author

Arjunan Kumar
Arjunan Kumar

chennai, India



About
finding peace through Writing...... more..

Writing