John, i need a refill

John, i need a refill

A Chapter by Arjunan Kumar

                               Mr. Philophobic

                                                   - Arjunan kumar

                                  Chapter - 2

John, I need a refill :

I was running down the street. It was dark. Suddenly a man grabbed me and threw me to the side of the road. He climbed on top of me and started strangling my neck. It was Akshay. He shouted, “Wake up, Wake up”.

“What?”

“Selene, wake up, wake up”, my housemaid, Banu, woke me up. ‘ S**t, it was a dream’. I looked out of the window and saw the surfers preparing to hit the waves.

“Any nightmare dear?”, Banu asked me.

“Worse than that Banu ma, can I get some black coffee?”, I took up my phone and dialed Hannah.

“Hey bunny, what’s so early in the morning?”, Hannah asked me.

“Last night I had a nightmare of Akshay strangling my neck. What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“Ha ha. I think someone’s heart has been stolen”, she started giggling.

“Stop your lame jokes and reply me devil”

“What ? am I a Witch? How do I know about this kind of stuffs? Maybe it was a warning for you to stay away from him. Now disconnect the call and go to your pub. Bye.”, she hung up.

After finishing my black coffee, I started walking to my pub, Surf cafe. It was started by my parents and after their demise, I got into their shoes. I saw John, the manager of the pub, cleaning the glasses. He greeted me with a smile and asked, “How was your concert yesterday?”

“It was better than ever and we were…..”

“John, I need a refill”, a voice came up from a nearby cabin.

“What ? a customer in this early morning?”, I starred at John.

“Yeah, he was waiting outside when I reached here and it was his 4th refill in the last 20 mins”, he took out a bourbon bottle and headed towards the cabin.

“Hey b***h”, someone patted on my back. It was my Ex-boyfriend and his friends. He used to work here before I broke up with him.

“Michael, What the hell you are doing here douchebag? Get the hell out of here before I call the cops”

“Uff, turn off the heat, my baby girl. Just give me some money and I’m out of here”, he started touching me.

“Uncle John, call the cops”, I shouted. His friends attacked John and started searching for money. I tried to escape from his hold, but he was strong. I closed my eyes and shouted for help. And the next thing I heard was a “Bang". Glasses shattered all over. I opened my eyes and saw Akshay kicking the balls of those s**t-heads. He threw Michael on the floor and punched his face repeatedly. He then took a glass from a nearby table and shouted, “John, I need a refill”.

A few minutes later, the police arrived at the scene. They cuffed Michael and his friends and took them to the vehicle. One of the policeman approached Akshay.

“You are coming with me. Get up”, he ordered Akshay.

“Officer, he is innocent. He jus…”, I tried to intervene.

“I haven’t finished my drink. And the house is just walk able distance. I can take care of myself, Dad”, he refused to get up. ‘what? Dad?’ I looked at them surprisingly.

“Okay. Just stay out of troubles. I will inform Chotu to prepare lunch”, Akshay’s dad took off after getting a statement from me. After finishing his 6th glass of bourbon, Akshay took off. I followed him and tried to have a conversation.

“Hey Akshay, thanks for your help back there. And why you took off early last night? We looked for you everywhere”.

“I had some packing work. So, that’s the hurry. And who’s the douchebag back there?”

“Ah, he’s my Ex. I dated him for two weeks and found that he is cheating on me with some older woman and also used my pub for his drug sales, so I broke up with him and also fired him. He’s stalking me since then. So, we were in the same class for the last year and we haven’t seen each other? Funny, isn’t it? Have you seen me?”

“yeah”, he simply nodded and entered the house next to mine. ‘ what the hell is he doing here?’, I followed him to the house and found that he just moved here.

“Hey, we are neighbours now”, I lifted my hand to High-five. But he was busy unpacking his stuffs. A boy came inside carrying a pile of book and noticed me. “Madam, are you a friend of Akshay sir? Can I get you a coffee?”. I understood that he is Chotu, his house-help.

“Ah, no thanks. I’m just leaving. Akshay, we will catch up later. Bye”, I walked towards the exit and he responded with a wave. I called Hannah and explained her the last two-hours episodes of my life.

“So, he saved our crew yesterday, and now he jumped out of nowhere, saved you and eventually became your neighbour. Come on Selene, I can smell something”, Hannah teased me.

“Zilch, he is still mysterious. I don’t know why, but my curiosity is urging me to dig deep about him”

“That’s great Elena, dig deep about your Damon and moreover he is just next door, so it may not be hard for you”, Hannah then hung up the call. I looked out my window and saw Akshay staring at the moon’s reflection in the sea and enjoying his beer.

**********************************************************************************************

Please leave your feedbacks guys and keep supporting. Meet you soon with another chapter shortly. XOXO.

                                                                                                         - Arjunan Kumar. 



© 2020 Arjunan Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on July 11, 2020
Last Updated on July 11, 2020
Tags: love, romance, relationship, teenage love, modern love, modern relationship, soulmates, destined love, romeo, philophobia, past


Author

Arjunan Kumar
Arjunan Kumar

chennai, India



About
finding peace through Writing...... more..

Writing
70-30 ? 70-30 ?

A Chapter by Arjunan Kumar