Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ark's storys
"

the beginning of this story hope you like it

"
Prologue

It’s been three months now we have been stuck in this hell hole. Things are getting harder and harder to survive. Since we have been put in this place we have lost over half of the number that first came to this place by the infection. Well we’ve got to continue on……maybe mums looking out for us?

 “DAVIE GET UP! WE GOT TO GO!!!” the room was still dark but the urgency in the voice brought me straight up in my bed. The small room only had the occasional light from outside from the searchlights which, I knew were only on if something out of the ordinary was happening but, except for that all I could see was a dark figure above me who was my brother Bill. My tall bro with his rounded head with, his afro on top which normally joked about things about this all the time but, this time he sounded different then he normally was, as if something had scared him.
“What is it” I say as I get up and look at my watch “Its only 3 in the bloody morning. What the heck is this about?” 
“The dam walkers have broken though that bloody wall the military put up and now the suckers are pulling out and leaving us!” he says as he stuffs some food into his bag pack.
“But that god dam wall was only finished last week!! How could have it been broken though all ready?” as I get up, now fully awake and throwing my trusty long bow and 10 arrows and throw them into my bag.
“I don’t know god dam it!! But let’s just get out of here before the walkers get us!” we hurry out of the 3 story building that was placed we now used to call home for 2 months now and rushed down the steps to the front door. Outside we could hear the screams of people running with the occasional gun fire from the distance. I pull my bow from my bag and two arrows for the just in case maser that we may need it, and bill had taken his fire axe out of his bag (which he stole from the this building itself).
“Ok you ready to run bro?” Bill says as he braces himself for what might come.
“As ready as I’m ever going to be, so let’s go already.” My brother tensed as he put his hand on the door knob and turned it and out of the blue the door came crashing open and nocked bill off his feet and the walker jumped him. Lucky bill had his axe at the ready and swung at just the right time to slash this unexpended walker right in the chest, sending out blood all over him as the walker fell over him and landed right next to him hissing madly. As bill started to pick himself up the walker grabbed his leg but bill sent the axe rushing into its face, crushing the walkers skull.
“Well” bill says as he gets up and wipes the blood off his face. “That was unexpected.”
“Ya it was” I say as I look out of the front door. “At less that’s not the last of them” bill comes over to me as I point down the street. At the bottom of Blyth Road all you could see was people running about as the walkers where running up the street.
“Well” Bill says and he puts the axe over his shoulder. “Where not going that way” and he turns and looks up the street. “But it looks like there’s no walker up towards the station and that could be the best way out of this mess.”
“But Bill, the wall runs along that part of town so we won’t be able to get to the station!” I said as we started to jog up the road.
“Yes your right and wrong at the same time.” I look at him with a puzzled face. “Yes the wall runs along that part of town but” as he looks over his shoulder. “There’s a small door that they put in so that they could grow food on that side of town so….. we might be able to get though that.”
“Ok” I say as I look at him hoping that he is right. “Let’s move there closing the Gap.” We both look round and they had closed fast, now they were at the door we had just come out of and moving faster still towards us. We pick up the pace and there the 9ft wall running all round the town and there just as bill had said was a small door with what looked like a big a*s padlock. 
“So….. How we getting thought that then bro?” I turn and bill is getting his axe ready to hit the lock. “Ok well that will be one way of doing it.”
Bill goes up to the gate and looks at the lock and put the lock in an easy placement. Then he raises his axe and as he bring it down there was a massive explosion from the other side of the town. Then out of the blue the lights go out at the same time.
“Well” says bill as he opens the gate. “That must have been the power plant where Sam and Josh worked…… hope they get out.”
“Bet they did bill let’s just get out of this hell hole before those god dame walkers come up.” We hurry thought the gate and look thought the gate and there where 3 people running over to us.
“HAY WAIT UP” this girl shouts as we start to close the gate.
“Bill should we wait for them?”
“No we need to save not anyone else!” as he pulls out some zip ties and about to put it on the gate when I open the gate and these three people come running thought and stop right behind us panting like a really hot dog panting that’s how they were standing there. I turn to bill and he slammed the gate closed and using the zip ties he locks the gate. I look past him and the mob that was following us where just come up to the gate.
“So now that we are all together why do we get a move on!” bill looks at the gate where the walkers where trying to knock thought. “So with that said if you keep up we might just be able to get along together.” He starts to walk down towards the station still with the axe over this shoulder. 
“Sorry” as I help them up. “My brother and I have had a bad time since this stupid mess stared. So what are your names?”
The girl who had shouted out at first spoke first.
“My name is Tami” she gets up and shakes my out stretched hand.” That’s Nick there” I help him up too. “And that miss little posh Kalie.” I help her up.
“Cool nice to meet you….. So where did you guys come from then?”
Nick specks up “we had the idea of getting to this gate as we had used it to make up some land ready for seeding so we could grow food for the town.” Then we start to catch up with bill. “But then this s**t went down there where a group of about seven of us but it looks like only we made it out.” Throwing a limped hand at the other two girls.
“Ya but I saved you a*s like twice on the way hear” shouts Kalie from the back of the group smiling her face off about it.
“Ha BUT in the proses you loss you weapon so…. Ya take that.” Nick says as we finally catch up with bill that is standing on the station looking at us as we walk onto the platform.
“So you are going to introduce me to these people Davie aren’t you?” he says as he just stands there with both hands tightly round the axe.
“Ya this is Nick, Kalie, and Tami they came from the other side of town. They said they lost a lot of their number trying to get over hear.” 
“Well at less there’s this lot left.” He turns around and looks down the track. “That’s the way to Nots Davie and maybe the fasted way for us so you lot ready to come along?” as he turns back round and looks at us standing there.
“Well um….. Ya where ready when you are bill” Kalie says as she starts to walk up the platform to the tracks. Everyone stated to follow her and I walk up to bill.
“Bill we could use them and you now that.”
“Ya I do Davie but we were close to getting trapped back there……. I just hope they don’t get infected like mum and dad did and get us force to do what we did. Let’s just move on ya?”
“Ok I get your twist bro” and we jog up to the rest and start walking down the tracks.


© 2013 Ark's storys


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Can I ask why they are called Walkers if they run? - Sorry I am probably being thick or missed something.
Like the characters the genre. Don't forget always a Capital letter for a name - Bill etc.
I will read on - :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by this chapters author.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by this chapters author.
This is a really good beginning:) You really took time describing it all:) And I cant believe they left them! Though its good you added more people into the mix:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013


Author

Ark's storys
Ark's storys

Hinckley, United Kingdom



About
so just trying to use my brain to hink up diffrent things. this is going to be cool more..

Writing
The shock The shock

A Chapter by Ark's storys