Chapter 2: Creswell Junior School Part 1

Chapter 2: Creswell Junior School Part 1

A Chapter by Ark's storys
"

the gang get to a school and plan out where they will go next. this is part 1 of this chapter.

"

This school gives me the creep, no that’s not right; this whole town gives me the creeps like, where are the walkers the government people told us about out in this wasted land. Did they lie to us? No, maybe there not in this area…. But I can’t let my guard down… lot like when mum and dad changed.

 

We set up in the schools hall. We had spent most of the day going from shop to shop looking for food and water but only found the odd scrap. We had to break into some local homes where we took some bed mattress and lade them out on the floor of the hall. I think back to break into those homes. It didn’t feel right but nick said that no one’s going to tell us off as there was no one to do so.

I’m sitting outside on the grass, well this could have been a nice field to sit in but now as no one is looking after the grass it’s become over grown and weeds are everywhere, but that’s not going to stop me eating the tin of beans that Bill cooked up for me. Though there almost past there sell buy date, but like all things in this world we can find some way of making it edible.

I remember when we first got put into the ‘safe zone’ as they called it.

“Ha fat good that did” I say to myself. I sit on the grass for a long time as the sun began to fall below the tall grass.

I finish the now cold beans and throw the empty can into the seemingly endless maze of long green grass. I begin my slow walk back to the door leading into the hall that we are now calling home. I look round and find the girls sleeping on their mattress over near the claiming wall. I cast my eyes over to where Nick and Bill are sitting near a small gas fire that Bill had set up. Nick looks up as I come in and motions me to come over and be quiet about it, pointing over at the girls.

“They’ve only just got asleep Davie” Bill says in a hushed voice. “We were just looking over what we have got from the shops. Ha not a lot” as he shows me what we got. I start to make a mental list of what we got. 17 cans of backed beans, a load of water bottles, 2 small gas cans, cooking kit (I got that from a home) and a few other small things.

“That’s only going to last us maybe a week” I say looking from Bill to Nick. Bill pulls out a small map out of his back pocket and unfolds it, throwing it out all over the hall floor. Bill points to what I can see in the dim light that says us with a big red box. From that box two lines went to this large city. As I pear closer to the map I can see the name.

“You what us to go to Nottingham? You know that had one of the first ‘safe zones’ to be over run right? It’s going be a hell hole going there.” I say to Bill as Nick nods his head as that’s what they told us. Or maybe they did what happened in Worksop and tried to cover it all up. But I can’t let that get in the way now.

“Bill?” Nick looks at him. “Why do you think we should go there then?” nick starts to pack the five bags we got and evenly spreading the weight.

“Well I know that there’s a castle in the city right” he looks down at the map and shows a small red box round a small grass mound and in the centre read Nottingham castle. “I went there for a school trip like 6 months ago and they had proper weapons and armour there.”

I stop him from continuing and say “so let me get this right. You what to go through a city and go to a castle that might already been looted, and see what we can get?” I think I just summed up what he what’d to say. “Cool let’s do it.”

Nick looks at us with hunted eyes. “You two are crazy as hell. We are going to a place only one of us has ever been and not to menschen the small streets that the walkers could be on.” He takes a deep breath. “And see if we can play knights and princesses. Well ok I’m going to go but man that’s a really crazy idea.” He passes our bags to us and then puts the girl’s bangs near them. “I just don’t know what they are going to say!” looking over at the girls as he begins to pack away the cooking gear.

“Well we will find out in the morning when we tell them” Bill says as he gets under the covers and starts to drift to sleep. Me and Nick both start to do the same. But I can’t stop thinking about how the government have kept us from going out? Why would they do that? Is the rest of the world fine? But I don’t let it bother me as I drift into a deep sleep.



© 2013 Ark's storys


Author's Note

Ark's storys
please ignore my bad grammer it is bad lol. rewiwe please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

plz tell me whats good and whats not

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

635 Views
1 Review
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013
Tags: zombie


Author

Ark's storys
Ark's storys

Hinckley, United Kingdom



About
so just trying to use my brain to hink up diffrent things. this is going to be cool more..

Writing
The shock The shock

A Chapter by Ark's storys