Glacier Skies

Glacier Skies

A Poem by Touché Armada
"

Prose

"

These midyear seconds ring out to the glorious ka-ka-ka-ka-kaaaah of a soaring eagle.  Motionless on the shoulder of a wild things track, this morning’s remnants of a starry night not seeing the sheltering blanket of mist flow in. Familiar to her eye, imprinted upon her bellies hunger. And she tells me it is a strange day, a dry winter, of deep frosts and little snow. Speaking into the icy winds, the absent thermals, empty heavens, sky like ancient glaciers, vast and stunning bright. She wants me to admire her open wings, stretched to lengths able to envelop me, should she wish.  She wants my gaze to lift, to feel the immensity of her world, of which we both belong. 
 

© 2017 Touché Armada


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was a beautiful little piece. The last few lines really painted the picture for me and you did well painting it! "sky like ancient glaciers, vast and stunning bright" Loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 1, 2017
Last Updated on July 1, 2017

Author

Touché Armada
Touché Armada

No not a city, oh no way,, the garden state Terra Australis.



About
Manically me =) A little tree hugging exercise in colour See you all around more..

Writing