- Teardrops and the Rain -

- Teardrops and the Rain -

A Poem by Mara

When the rain falls
It´s like heaven´s crying
When the name´s all
The difference that there is

Cause tears are the same
When they´re trying
To grow something good
Out of all the pain

There´s no difference
Between the teardrops and the rain

© 2011 Mara


Author's Note

Mara
Tell me what you guys think and feel free to give me back-up!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had to read it a couple times before I wrote a review, the words themselves have the intensity of rain drops and the flow of tears. But I feel like the last line is really unneeded. If you would end at "Out of all the pain." I feel like it might be more powerful and wouldn't block off the flow as much as that last line does.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved how you compared the two things...rain and tears. This was very soft, short and sweet. I really liked it!

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hmm. I think I like :) A fitting comparison, I've never thought about either of them "growing something good out of pain" - but truly there's so much pain in the aching ground, rain is one of the few cleansing forces. I love rain even more now!

As short, succinct, and to the point as it already is, I would try even more to pack a punch with every single word. Some of the wording feels a little weak at times - surely there's more powerful, intense words to use... But on the whole, well done. Looking forward to more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely down. Short yet full of imagery.


Posted 12 Years Ago


A soft, thought-invoking poem. Had an even greater impact since it's raining at the moment. Very lovely.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very nicely written and such wonderful imagery.
I loved the last two lines, this flows so wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


not bad. interesting subject, and very well-written. keep writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011
Tags: Teardrops, Rain, Crying, Difference, Good, Pain

Author

Mara
Mara

Tucson, AZ



About
My name is Mara and I'm seventeen. I've brown hair and dark brown eyes. Writing is my passion, though I like reading, singing, dancing, jogging and playing volleyball and soccer too. I mostly write in.. more..

Writing
June 5th June 5th

A Story by Mara



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Jar of Tears Jar of Tears

A Poem by Chelsea


Music Box Music Box

A Poem by