Chapter 4: Information

Chapter 4: Information

A Chapter by Arotica

"The shower was really nice!" Says Chelise while strolling down the corridor with Haru.

"I'm glad you like it! Nowadays people use the shower about once a day."

"And the shampoo and soap smells so good!"

"There are alot of different scented shampoos and soaps. Everything from roses to coconuts. Oh yea, I'll give you a quick guide now that we're done with the shower. We've still got about an hour before you'll meet the team."

"What team?"

"Well, do you remember the man who saved you?"

"Hmm.. Jake?"

"Yes, that's him. He'll be there since he's part of the main division."

"Oh, who else will I meet?"

"The main division consists of the Keepers leader and his assistant. Also the head of covert operations and head of the assault squad."

"I see, are they good people?"

"Of course, they will also tell you more about our organization and our reasons for helping you out."


Chelise smiles and leaves it at that, not knowing anything about herself is hard. What if they ask questions she can't answer? They probably didn't save her without something in mind. If it's true that she's an Ancient...


Haru gives Chelise a quick tour of The Keepers facility which is their base of operations, leaving out some of the areas. It seems that it's off limits for anyone not in the main division.

As the meeting is closing in they head upstairs from the main hall. They reach a big door which leads into a middle sized room. There's a tidy desk, a chair, some flowers and a few paintings on the walls. They pass through it and enter the next room where they meet three men. The one in the middle, a beautiful young man with long black hair dressed very properly steps forward.


"Welcome Chelise. I'm Rei, leader of the Keepers. You've already met Haruhi who is my assistant."


Chelise looks at Haru who smiles back at her. No wonder she looked proper.


"The man to my right is the head of the assault squad, Jake. I believe you met him shortly during last nights mission."


She nods as an answer and looks at Jake who smiles.


"The one to my left is Tanaka, head of the covert operations. Please, take a seat."


Rei shows Chelise to a chair and she sits down. Jake and Tanaka also sits down beside her while Rei and Haru moves in front of them and Rei starts to talk.


"I will give you a brief situation about Japan, the world and what we the Keepers do. There have always been magicians in the world. But there weren't any organizations to handle them all. The world was in chaos with all the roaming magicians wreaking havoc. The first known organization to create order and educational schools for magicians were the Guardians. Using schools for magicians only, they created a sense of purpose for all magicians. Since not everyone can use magic they had to be controlled in some way. By having them apply to these schools they also had a chance to join the organization. Working hard and abiding the rules made by the Guardians became their goal. It grew quickly and became stationed all over the world. After some time when the Guardians had been stationed for about a hundred years, monsters began to appear. And that's when they really became an asset for the world. By mobilizing the magicians they had created a defense against all kinds of threats. The monsters appeared all over the world and the Guardians couldn't handle it all. So there were other organizations created as well. Like us, the Keepers. We're Japans first defense against these monsters. In recent years the monster occurances in Japan has increased drastically. We have a hard time keeping up with it. And so, we've heard legends of you Chelise."

"Legends about me? Me being an Ancient?"

"That's right. The only one to ever achieve this state. We investigated what had happened but there was little information. So we infiltrated the Guardians highest positions and learned you had been captured and contained for the last four hundred years. It appeared they were using you for experiments."

"Experiments...?"

"Yes, we do not know exactly what kind of experiments were made on you. But we do know that they wanted to use you to to aquire the knowledge to become Ancients. When we learned of that we couldn't let it pass by. By using our connections we got news of you being transferred to a newly built base in China. Where they would continue with their research. Using this chance we put all our resources into setting you free. Since you are a great asset in assisting the world and Japan during these times. Do you have any questions so far?"


It's a lot of information to take in all at once. I've been used by the Guardians for their selfishness? Did I agree to it? Why can't I remember anything?


"What are these monsters that you speak of?"

"They come in many forms, wreaking havoc all around the world. Wielding powers and immense strength. Many have fallen in battle against them."

"So the magicians job is to fight them?"

"Yes it is, we magicians are the only ones able to fight them. Civilians can't do anything even with all the weapons they have created."

"I don't have any memories of my past... I don't even know if I can use magic."

"Don't worry Chelise. We know of your condition. There must be a way to get your memories back and we will help you cope with the situation as good as we can. For now, you are safe with us. With our help you will learn how the world has developed and finally become a part of it."

"But that might take a long time."

"We are aware of that. But it's worth everything we've done so far. If you regain your memories and past powers you will be mankinds greatest asset."

"But that's only if the legends are true, right?" Says Chelise with a sigh.

"Exactly. There are no guarantees the legends are true. But since they have kept you hidden from the world like this we are sure most of it is true."

"Won't you be in danger for doing this?"


Rei smiles at Chelise with a strange confidence in his eyes. Haru steps forward.


"We'll stop here for now. There is still more to learn but we'll take that later on. Thank you for your time."


With those words Tanaka leaves the room not saying a word.


"How are you feeling Chelise?"

She turns her face to Jake who just asked her.


"Under these circumstances I'd say I'm feeling quite good actually."

"That's good. You've recovered quickly, just yesterday you could hardly move at all."

"I know. Thank you for rescuing me Jake."

"It was my pleasure. Will you accompany me to the dining hall for a cup of coffee?" he asks with a calm voice.

"Of course, let me ask Haru too."

"Sure thing."

"Haru, are you coming with us for coffee?"

"I'm sorry Chel, I've got some work to do. I'll join you for dinner though."

"I see, let's meet up later then!"

"By the way, Chel. The room you were sleeping in is yours while you're staying with us. Here's the key card to it. You've seen how it's used right?"

"Yes, I think I know how it works."

"I'll stop by your room in time for dinner."

"See you then Haru!"

"Enjoy the coffee Chel."


Haru starts talking with Rei in what may be Japanese, that language sounds really happy in Chelise's ears.

She and Jake exit the room together and head for the dining hall.


The table that had food on it earlier now has cups and containers with coffee in it. I actually remember coffee. They both pour a full cup and sits down at an empty table.


"Is anything of this making any sense to you Chelise?"

"I think so. I just wish my memory would return, then I wouldn't be as lost as I am now. I think."

"Maybe. Still, being away for four hundred years... Mankind has evolved greatly while you've been gone."

"I can imagine. I still know the basic uses of things so my memory isn't totally gone."

"What can you remember?"

"I know my name... Chelise G. Winters. Other than that I don't remember anything about myself. I do remember objects and such, like this drink called coffee."

"Must be hard on you. Don't stress yourself. You'll catch up sooner than you think."

"Well, I guess..."

"If there is anything you need to know just ask. I'll help you out the best I can."

"I really appreciate that. Do you also have a room around here?"

"I don't, but I'm at my office from eight am until six pm as long as it's not a mission active I guess. Well, it can get pretty late some evenings due to overtime."

"So... You're here almost all the time then?"

"Yea, you could say that. Oh yea, did Haru tell you about school?" Says Jake while smiling.

"School...?"

"Ah, she hasn't. I'm sure she'll tell you next time you meet."

"I'll wait for her explanation then."


A faint sound is heard coming from Jake's clothes. He reaches into his pocket and picks up the black object he had when he rescued her and starts talking in Japanese. Is that object used for communication? Chelise sits and listens while Jake talks, noticing that he gets a bit frustrated. He stops talking and puts the object back into his pocket and stands up.


"I have to go, it seems I'm needed in the middle of Tokyo."

"Needed?"

"Appearantly another morphed has arrived."

"Morphed?"

"The monsters Rei were talking about earlier."

"Oh.."

"We'll talk more later." He says and rushes out of the dining hall.


Chelise sits alone in the dining hall with a half cup of coffee left. What should I do now? Jake's gone and Haru seemed busy. She finishes her cup while deciding. Guess I'll go back to my room.



© 2015 Arotica


Author's Note

Arotica
Please point out any mistakes I've made! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"I will give you a brief situation about Japan, the world and what we the Keepers do. There's always been magicians in the world. But there wasn't any organizations to handle them all."

"I will give you a brief situation about Japan, the world and what we the Keepers do. There *have* always been magicians in the world. But there *weren't* any organizations to handle them all."

'magicians' and 'organizations' are both plural nouns. They also need plural verbs.

The story itself is pretty interesting, enough to awaken ones chuunibyou powers. I can't really see where it's going so it can't be judged yet, but this looks to me like an action/romance type, in which I rarely see being written nowadays. Everything's all about the ecchi now. I'd love to see the rest of it if you're ever going to continue.

*looks at the Stats of the story*

Holy crap, this was more than 9 months ago!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arotica

8 Years Ago

Thank you for noticing those mistakes! :)

Yes, this is an action/romance story! I've .. read more



Reviews

"I will give you a brief situation about Japan, the world and what we the Keepers do. There's always been magicians in the world. But there wasn't any organizations to handle them all."

"I will give you a brief situation about Japan, the world and what we the Keepers do. There *have* always been magicians in the world. But there *weren't* any organizations to handle them all."

'magicians' and 'organizations' are both plural nouns. They also need plural verbs.

The story itself is pretty interesting, enough to awaken ones chuunibyou powers. I can't really see where it's going so it can't be judged yet, but this looks to me like an action/romance type, in which I rarely see being written nowadays. Everything's all about the ecchi now. I'd love to see the rest of it if you're ever going to continue.

*looks at the Stats of the story*

Holy crap, this was more than 9 months ago!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arotica

8 Years Ago

Thank you for noticing those mistakes! :)

Yes, this is an action/romance story! I've .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2014
Last Updated on September 2, 2015
Tags: magic, modernday, memoryloss, action, adventure, tragedy, romance, japan, anime, manga


Author

Arotica
Arotica

Skövde, Sweden



About
I have longed to write novels and books for a few years now and decided to write something to see if it suits me. And that my writing skills are enough for people to enjoy. My main language is Swe.. more..

Writing