Chapter 7: School

Chapter 7: School

A Chapter by Arotica

"Master Farn"

"Yes?"

"We have no trace of the Ancient, Sir. Our men found nothing during our friendly raids on the other countries organizations, Sir."

"How is this possible!? Keel has made an official statement that this matter needs to be solved immediatly."

"It must have been the work of a portal magician, Sir."

"Then find every magician that has that kind of magic!"

"Yes, Sir!"


Chelise sits at the dining table together with Haru eating breakfast, it's the fifth day in their new home. Haru has been teaching her about the world and everything they've seen during their trips in the city. They've been shopping for clothes and decorations to make this apartment their own. I'm so tense! School starts today and I don't fell ready at all.


"The glasses suit you Amy. Don't fret over it too much. I'm sure the other tennagers in your class will adore you."

"Thank you, but I don't think I'll ever get used to being called Amy."

"It goes along well with your new background doesn't it?"

"I guess so. Amy Lewis. It's a cute name."

"I told you we wouldn't give you a weird name."

"I know... I'm both excited and scared for school though."

"Look at me Amy. You'll be fine, there is nothing weird about you in any way."


Chelise sighs and looks at her school uniform she put on earlier, it came yesterday in a package. There were actually a few sets of it since they need to be washed every now and then.


"Do you remember how to get to school?"

"I think so."

"Do you want me to walk there with you on your first day?"

"I think I'll manage but thank you for asking."

"I'll see you off. Take this with you." Haru opens the fridge and hands over a bento covered in a cloth. Chelise puts it in her bag, puts it over one shoulder and looks at the door. It's time.


"Wait outside until I call for you."


She nods as an answer as he opens the door and walks into the classroom.


So this is a school? I wonder how it'll be. Haru said it's fun being a student and from the manga I've been reading it seems like fun but what if I'm made fun of? I'm not Japanese. Sure, I know the language but I'm probably different. It's still only been a week since I was rescued.


"You can come in now."


Already? Chelise can't seem to get her nerves together. The nervousness she felt all morning hasn't faded even the slightest. She takes a deep breath and opens the door. Walking towards the front desk where Hazake-Sensei stands. Smiling at her while she walks towards him. Surprised students starts talking among themselves in the background. Do I look weird? She reaches the desk and turns around to face the students in this class. She's met by thirty faces looking at her. Waaaah. This is scary.


"Introduce yourself. I'm sure they are curious."


Alright, I've got to do this.


She stutters at the first letter.


"H-hi! My name's Amy Lewis. I'm from England. Please take care of me!"


She bows. Did it sound weird? The students let's out amazed sounds and words.


"Beautiful!" she hears a boy say.

"Taketo, quiet down. Kaede, I'm putting you in charge of our new classmate. Show her around school."

"Ok!" She raises her hand and smiles at Chelise.

"Amy, you can sit at the free desk in the back."

"Yes!"


She walks through the classroom with her eyes glued to the floor. She sits down at the chair and looks up. All the students have turned around to look at her so she turns her head down towards desk quickly so she doesn't meet anyone's eyes. What should I do?


The first class starts and everyone keeps stealing glances at her. When it's over everyone stands up quickly and walks over to her desk, she's completely surrounded by her classmates and they start asking all sorts of questions.


"You come from England? Wow!"

"Y-yes."

"That's far."

"Do you like Japan?"

"Yes."

"Are you single?"

"Hey! Give her some space!" says the girl who sits next to her.

"We just want to get to know her!"

"No one wants to be questioned like that."

"Buuuuuut."

"No buts."

"You're no fun Kaede."

"Let her get some space."

"Fine! But don't keep her all to yourself."


Chelise looks at the girl beside her, she's slim, tall and her hair barely touches her neck. They called her Kaede so I assume that's her name.

"Thank you."

"No problem! Are you shy?"

"Y-Yes."

"No need to worry, we'll take care of you. I'm Kaede."

"Ch... Amy."

"Hi Amy! The one in front of me is Taketo. He's a lost cause."

"Hey! I'm no lost cause, I'm awesome!"

"The one in front of you is Kana. She's my friend."

"Don't ignore me!" You can hear a slight desperation in Taketo's voice that makes Chelise giggle.

"Hello Amy, I'm Kana. Let's be good friends!" Kana smiles and leans her head slightly.

"The one to your left is Sanada, he doesn't say much."

Sanada has hair covering his eyes and raises his hand in a greeting and then turns towards the window.

"I think you'll get to know the rest of the class sooner or later!" She smiles at Chelise and stretches.

"The whole class has been chatting about the arrival of the new transfer student. The rumours of a beautiful girl spread quickly around here." Kaede laughs and nods to herself.

"Why did you transfer here?"


Wait.. What did Haru say again. Oh right.


"My stepmother brought me here since my dad passed away. She's originally from Japan."

"Sorry!" Kaede puts her hands together and lowers her head.

"I didn't mean to be rude!"

"Rude? It's ok. I never liked my father much to begin with."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Ok, do you live with your stepmother?"

"Yes, just a few minutes from school."

"Lucky! I have to take the subway to get here."

"I walk here!" Taketo tries to join the conversation but fails since Kaede keeps ignoring him.

"Kana also lives close. We usually hang out after school, wanna join us? We're going to a cafe."


Chelise doesn't have time to answer since Hazake-Sensei gets back to the classroom for math class. Everyone gets back to their seats and gets ready to take notes.


"I'll show you around next break!" Kaede whispers happily.



© 2016 Arotica


Author's Note

Arotica
Hope you like the story and please give me advice and critique! :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on September 3, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2016
Tags: magic, modernday, memoryloss, action, adventure, tragedy, romance, japan, anime, manga


Author

Arotica
Arotica

Skövde, Sweden



About
I have longed to write novels and books for a few years now and decided to write something to see if it suits me. And that my writing skills are enough for people to enjoy. My main language is Swe.. more..

Writing