Until The Stars Fall

Until The Stars Fall

A Story by busterlee
"

Thoughts of Love

"

Until The Stars Fall


I may have watched too many fairy tales when I was a boy.  In those, true love seems to be everyone’s right. Magic is all around us for the taking.  Just reach out, just open your eyes. She’s there waiting for you. All you need is to see and allow yourself to feel the love that’s been there all along, welling up inside your chest.  Let it go, let it flow over you. Give yourself to her completely and forever. She’ll receive you with open arms, truly, madly, deeply.


I see them, the couples who have it and I see the others, the ones who never will.  I watch them by my candlelight of hope. I wonder what the difference is.


The sad souls seem to be locked into some ridiculous eternal pissing contest.


“She said this so I said that.  She bought a pair of shoes so I bought a fishing pole.  Can you believe how he talks to me? He’ll be on the couch tonight.  I wish she would leave. Maybe he’ll find a girlfriend and leave me alone.  I despise her. I hate him.”


The other man smiles when he looks into his lady’s eyes.  She smiles at him. Their eyes smile. The smiles come from somewhere deep inside.  They smile from the tips of their toes to the heavens above. There are stars in their eyes.  They find a reason to smile when the car won’t start, when the baby needs a diaper change, when the roof is leaking, when the boss is mean, when his team loses, when the ac goes out and when she’s sick.


Then when he gets a raise, the baby takes his first steps, the weather is nice, the bills are low, his team wins, she finds a bargain, he holds her hand and she kisses him, the smiles are the same.  They seem to transcend whatever is going right or wrong.


But then I consider what’s really happening just before they smile. The critical moment is when they look into each other’s eyes.  At that instant there’s nothing between them. There’s nothing but the magic that was there from the very start, the magic that will be there until the stars vanish from the sky.  That’s their secret. They’re lost to everything else. There’s nothing else before or after. They both exist totally in that moment. They are lost in their love for each other.


Maybe I’ve exaggerated.  Maybe I’m full of crap. Maybe there’s no such thing as the true love I’m talking about.  Maybe it’s just an illusion, a temporary chemical surge that goes away in a few hours. Maybe so.  I wouldn’t know for sure. I’m just searching for answers.


But do an old lonely man a favor.  Do me one kindness. Let your partner read this and then each of you turn off your phones and go for a walk.   Don’t say much. Don’t try to make anything happen. Just breathe and be together. Don’t look into each other’s eyes until you’ve cleared away the debris in your minds.  Take a deep breath and stop. Turn toward each other. Look at their hands. Touch them and slowly move your gaze upward until your eyes find theirs. What do you see?


© 2018 busterlee


Author's Note

busterlee
I would rather hear your thoughts on the subject. Speak freely.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh wow BRAVO BRAVO!!!! lol this touched me like omg this is something I really needed to read in my life and I'm so glad I did. I've archived this. Truly inspiring read.

Now, I'm not currently in a relationship but I can attest to the eye contact and the power that is has. My grandmother is one of those people who always referred to eyes as the "windows to the soul", and I think that our eyes are part of that electromagnetic field that living organisms carry...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

busterlee

5 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it.



Reviews

Fantastic. I am going to show this to my wife.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

busterlee

5 Years Ago

Good luck. I'm glad you enjoyed the read.
Oh wow BRAVO BRAVO!!!! lol this touched me like omg this is something I really needed to read in my life and I'm so glad I did. I've archived this. Truly inspiring read.

Now, I'm not currently in a relationship but I can attest to the eye contact and the power that is has. My grandmother is one of those people who always referred to eyes as the "windows to the soul", and I think that our eyes are part of that electromagnetic field that living organisms carry...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

busterlee

5 Years Ago

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 30, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018
Tags: love, eyes, stars

Author

busterlee
busterlee

AL



About
I like to write. I don't know if my writing is worth reading but that doesn't seem to matter much. I think that I need to write and I know that I enjoy it. I believe that 90 percent of what we do i.. more..

Writing